Author Topic: Golf - how bad are you?  (Read 288300 times)

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Golf - how bad are you?
« Reply #3720 on: July 11, 2021, 06:02:59 pm »
3rd game back in 6 months after back surgery
Swinging at about 80%

Shot a 79. Happy with that

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #3721 on: July 23, 2021, 10:22:08 am »
Lat time I played on a course was Bootle about 17 years ago. Shot my best ever which was 82.

Uni then work put an end to it. Want to get back into it again.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #3722 on: July 23, 2021, 04:43:29 pm »
Lat time I played on a course was Bootle about 17 years ago. Shot my best ever which was 82.

Uni then work put an end to it. Want to get back into it again.
Can't imagine playing to that standard and then dropping the sport completely. I've only ever played very casually and don't think I've ever broken 100, but I've never gone more than a year or two without playing. Do you think you'll be able to pick up where you left off? It seems like some people never lose it, whereas I go to pieces after a few weeks away.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 05:06:34 pm by Kuytinho »

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #3723 on: July 24, 2021, 02:14:24 pm »
I only ever played casually anyway with mates. Mostly at Bootle. Played once at West Derby, Arrow Park and Hurlston Hall. Never had a handicap or anything. Before that 82 round I was hitting in the 90's. The lad I played with that day was good and hit 80. Guess I upped my game that day ha.

Hopefully I will get back into it. Finding the time as I want to start and have a good run at it every week.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3724 on: July 25, 2021, 01:37:24 am »
First time picking up my clubs in about 8 months today - a bucket at the range before a quick 9 tomorrow morning.

I'll be fine as long as there aren't any holes longer than about 95 yards.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3725 on: July 27, 2021, 12:17:12 pm »
I've not long started playing and my word this is hard! I've noticed an improvement just from spending time at the driving range regularly hitting the ball but going to start some lessons locally to improve more. I'm just happy if I don't double the par score for the course right now ;D

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3726 on: July 27, 2021, 12:20:30 pm »
with the range try to pick something to aim at

its no use hitting it a good bit right to get over 200. Think would it be in play on a standard course?

Usually aim for a flag or something. Weird thing last time out, some driveways were way open and id still get it wrong, then the two holes with the narrowest fairway i hit it perfect down the middle.

Out on Friday in Carnalea, hoping to get the range in at least once before then

Id say the course is bone hard today as there hasnt been rain for weeks, but it is due pretty much every day until then.

I know 100 miles away in Dublin its pissing so itll make its way up here.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #3727 on: August 20, 2021, 07:29:23 am »
It's a weird game to inflict on yourself isn't it. I play about twice a month. I can par several holes in a round and even an occasional birdie but can quite as easily card three or four 7's or 8's in the same round.

My chipping around the green has gone to pot at the moment. Much more confident hitting it from 100 yards than 10.

Drives me mad. But keep on turning up hoping for the one round where everything is spot on and you walk off the 18th beaming.
We can all dream.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3728 on: August 20, 2021, 11:01:09 am »
last time i left the driver in the bag. I am a notorious slicer and that morning i went out to the range, bucket of 50 balls, only the driver used. at least 30 terrible shots so that was that.

Unfortunately another visit to the range hasnt sorted but i dont want to permanently not use the driver. I have used a few videos on youtube so i am going to change a couple of things.

I am due out next friday and this time next month my society has a 3 day golf trip planned.

One par 4 on that course (Roe Park) is driveable, there is another par 5 that I have almost got to a green in two from so hopefully I can work something out but unfortunately the slice has been killing my game for over 20 years.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3729 on: August 20, 2021, 01:38:09 pm »
I got down to 8hdp then had to quit as I started coaching football. Play a few times a year now. Not off 8, but it's just rust. Wouldn't shoot close to that hcp without regular golf, and that won't happen until I play regularly
Nah.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3730 on: August 20, 2021, 01:41:47 pm »
So I had a lesson a few weeks ago where he's given me things to do to try and improve my game and now I can only play with a 7 iron and pitching wedge :lmao

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3731 on: August 20, 2021, 02:16:35 pm »
So I had a lesson a few weeks ago where he's given me things to do to try and improve my game and now I can only play with a 7 iron and pitching wedge :lmao
lessons can be funny.

I remember I joined a club as a junior member

first day on range i hit about 80 balls through a combo of 4 and 5 irons. I would say at least 70 of them were perfect. A few high ups at the club could be heard going "jesus who the fuck is this guy"

This coach comes over, "no hold the club this way, hold the club that way, grip it this way" etc etc. No word of a lie i didnt hit one decent shot for the rest of the day.

Anyway I keep his tips for a few rounds as the club rave about him, meanwhile I literally get worse round by round

I get another lesson off him, and i actually get worse again to the point where i finished last in one tournament by an absolute mile, I came off the course just wanting to cry. I just wanted to smash every single one of my clubs to pieces after it, I knew I would be awful and I absolutely begged everyone not to make me play. I mean what are going to learn from a day like that?

Had even tried my old grip and swing before this coach had meddled with my game for no reason and to no avail. I had just gotten worse and worse after using him

I was absolutely shocked to see recently, this coach was ranked in the top 50 for golf coaches worldwide by Golf Monthly, before one Ryder cup a two time masters winner no less asked for his help.

Issue was obviously me given the guy has a great reputation but from two lessons with him i turned into a 67 handicapper.

bizarre

I think after lessons it does take a few rounds to improve but for whatever reason above it was a disaster

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3732 on: August 20, 2021, 02:57:53 pm »
last time i left the driver in the bag. I am a notorious slicer and that morning i went out to the range, bucket of 50 balls, only the driver used. at least 30 terrible shots so that was that.

Unfortunately another visit to the range hasnt sorted but i dont want to permanently not use the driver. I have used a few videos on youtube so i am going to change a couple of things.

I am due out next friday and this time next month my society has a 3 day golf trip planned.

One par 4 on that course (Roe Park) is driveable, there is another par 5 that I have almost got to a green in two from so hopefully I can work something out but unfortunately the slice has been killing my game for over 20 years.

You sound like me.

I took up the game late, in my early 40s and have been playing for 15 years or so. I abandoned the driver several years ago.

Part of the problem, I suppose, is that I play irregularly but intensively. That's to say I play solidly every day for a week a year with nothing much in between. But it's more than just that clearly. My slice on the driver is ineradicable. The reason I finally gave it up altogether is that I can actually hit a pretty good 3-iron - both off the tee or from the fairway. I pick that iron up and I know it will go long and straight. On the rare occasions I went straight with the driver I was holding so much back that, in reality, it was hardly surpassing what I could do with a 3-iron. Life is too short....

It's a shame though. I'd have loved to have been handy with a driver, just to feel what it's like to hit one true and long with confidence. Won't happen.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3733 on: August 20, 2021, 03:05:24 pm »
Yeah I often saw with Henrik Stenson for instance his 3 wood was probably second to none for a while, he could hit that brilliant. Not much point in risking a driver for the sake of 30 yards more if he isnt comfortable with it.

I didnt play too much but I got new clubs in 2010, about end of 2014 i got a lesson, told the guy I wasnt even bringing my driver out anymore, at that point not even bringing it to the range. I wouldnt say it had been used 5 times on the course at that point in a round. First thing of course he said was "right get that club out now".

2 rounds later I reckon it was used on about 10 holes. I still have a video of that lesson.

I am sure slicing can be fixed with something simple but that shows you how frustrating the game is, something simple like closing a club face feels impossible at times no matter what

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3734 on: August 20, 2021, 07:16:20 pm »
It’s a stupid game but I love it

I’ve always been a really good long iron player; which helps enormously with errant tee shots. However recently not really the case.

I’m hitting my woods better than I’ve ever done, hitting fairway after fairway. Thinking this is easy. Then whatever iron I get out of the bag, fat.
FFS

Not a clue. Went for a 30min lesson, bobbing my head causing me to stand up on shot and hit it fat
Lesson went well, brilliant. Back on track with a couple of tips

On the course. Middle of fairway. Oh for fucks sake. Not again you dickhead

Arggh.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3735 on: August 20, 2021, 07:32:57 pm »
Its always a pleasure to pull the clubs out for a round ....quickly followed by why the hell did I go out today :p I have never had a lesson but know a couple of tweaks would save me a few strokes but do not want an instructor to change everything as surely most issues are probably caused by inconsistent stance / alignment etc.

In regards to driving better when fairways are tight is probably all down to focus. no matter how wide a fairway or green is we should pick a spot to aim at and hope the swing follows suit. Commit to the shot and go for it. Right off to double bogey the first ;)
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #3736 on: August 20, 2021, 09:56:26 pm »
You sound like me.

I took up the game late, in my early 40s and have been playing for 15 years or so. I abandoned the driver several years ago.

Part of the problem, I suppose, is that I play irregularly but intensively. That's to say I play solidly every day for a week a year with nothing much in between. But it's more than just that clearly. My slice on the driver is ineradicable. The reason I finally gave it up altogether is that I can actually hit a pretty good 3-iron - both off the tee or from the fairway. I pick that iron up and I know it will go long and straight. On the rare occasions I went straight with the driver I was holding so much back that, in reality, it was hardly surpassing what I could do with a 3-iron. Life is too short....

It's a shame though. I'd have loved to have been handy with a driver, just to feel what it's like to hit one true and long with confidence. Won't happen.

I would seriously advise you to book a couple of lessons to sort out your slice with the driver.

I had the same issue and the pro sorted it for me. All about the position of the back swing for me and the lack of a committed follow through. And turning the hands over on impact with the ball.

If I remember all the things he taught me I do not slice the ball and it goes a fair wack down the middle (mostly). Only trouble is my brain goes awol sometimes and I forget a part of the routine and it goes tits up. But generally it's the best thing I ever did.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3737 on: August 20, 2021, 10:31:48 pm »
You sound like me.

I drive with a 3 iron too Yorky. Love the feeling of catching one flush.

Played a few 9 holes this summer. First time in about 5 years. Incredibly rusty with the odd good hole  or even nice drive or chip that makes it all feel worthwhile. One par 4 I’ve parred twice in four rounds. Just the other 8 on the course I need to get to grips with!

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3738 on: August 20, 2021, 11:36:21 pm »
I drive with a 3 iron too Yorky. Love the feeling of catching one flush.

Played a few 9 holes this summer. First time in about 5 years. Incredibly rusty with the odd good hole  or even nice drive or chip that makes it all feel worthwhile. One par 4 I’ve parred twice in four rounds. Just the other 8 on the course I need to get to grips with!

I grew up in the north west playing with no woods, just used a 1,2,3 iron. Always straight. That's why I'm so confused with my current iron game.
I'm hitting a driver so well. The irons are killing me. Soul destroying - but I've been out for 7months with surgery etc so cant expect miracles.

However the first couple of rounds back were in the 70's - and now no fucking idea

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3739 on: August 29, 2021, 10:16:47 am »
Played Friday. Took me a good 6 holes to get going but then began to hit some great drives and shots so have tweaked something with driver. Disappointed with 26 points though

Last hole was a bitter one. Hit a monstrous drive leaving 65 to pin on par 4. Ended with a 7. Shite approach into bunker. First shot needed just one more yard to get up a mound but stopped and fell back. Took 3 to get out

Have at least three rounds next month and can't wait.

I'd recommend some videos padraig Harrington does. They show up on the Facebook Ryder cup page a lot. Really great advice

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3740 on: August 30, 2021, 12:04:26 am »
Stupid game

9 over in the first 4 holes - then next 14 one under for an 80
knobhead lol

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3741 on: August 31, 2021, 03:00:24 pm »
I moved over to Portugal & have been working with an osteopath & gym instructor all summer to help fix my back and finally, which has been slow, but really positive progress. I feel my back is about 60% of where it needs to be, but that's much better than earlier in the year when i was hobbling around the house like an ol' man.

But now that I am on the mend, I'm able to get on the golf courses again!

So last thursday I played 9 holes at Boavista golf club, my first outing in 4 months.
Then on Sunday i played my first 18 holes in +2 years at Palmares (Lagos)
This coming weekened, I will play Dom Pedro Victoria in Vilamoura as it opens up again post Covid.
Then in 3 weeks time I'll travel to Lisbon & will get to play Troia & Oitavos Dunes

https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf-courses/continental-europe/portugal

Palmares:

Victoria:

Troia:

Oitavos Dunes:

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3742 on: August 31, 2021, 04:12:03 pm »
good stuff conman, some fantastic looking courses there, serious amount and size to some bunkers

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3743 on: August 31, 2021, 04:49:15 pm »
good stuff conman, some fantastic looking courses there, serious amount and size to some bunkers
Yea, it's going to be fun getting out of them (me and the ball).

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3744 on: August 31, 2021, 07:46:39 pm »
Get well, don’t rush it
I had back surgery and took longer than I needed to hit again just in case

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3745 on: August 31, 2021, 08:41:30 pm »
Get well, don’t rush it
I had back surgery and took longer than I needed to hit again just in case
Yea, i rushed it earlier in the year, but im resting plenty now and doing my best to build my strength. Too damn exicted to play though :D

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3746 on: August 31, 2021, 08:49:27 pm »
Playing a round with mates on Saturday, might just take my 7 iron cos its still the only club I can hit the ball with since my lesson :D

Last time I played this course I hit 138, its a par 70 ;D lets see if I can beat that haha

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3747 on: August 31, 2021, 09:04:29 pm »
13fucking8????

Was the only club you brought a Hurley?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3748 on: August 31, 2021, 09:06:46 pm »
I've only been playing 2 months!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3749 on: August 31, 2021, 09:17:06 pm »
Playing a round with mates on Saturday, might just take my 7 iron cos its still the only club I can hit the ball with since my lesson :D

Last time I played this course I hit 138, its a par 70 ;D lets see if I can beat that haha

Did you putt with the 7 iron too?

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3750 on: August 31, 2021, 09:54:22 pm »
I've only been playing 2 months!

That was the time it took to go round, right?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3751 on: September 1, 2021, 08:42:39 am »
haha

ah look we will leave it there

just keep at it welsh

hit the range, get lessons if you want, the score will eventually come down

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3752 on: September 1, 2021, 09:01:47 am »
13fucking8????

Was the only club you brought a Hurley?
I thought this was the darts thread for a second or two

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3753 on: September 1, 2021, 07:52:00 pm »
ha, now Quinta Do Lago South has just opened after a massive refurb!

:scarf

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3754 on: September 5, 2021, 06:02:18 pm »

For those interested/want to take the piss I hit 113 and surprisingly won the 4 ball I was with ;D Was well on for a score under 100 but tired significantly towards the end and just had no energy left on the back 9. Golf is really super hard physically but still that was 2nd ever 18 hole round :)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3755 on: September 5, 2021, 08:56:27 pm »
For those interested/want to take the piss I hit 113 and surprisingly won the 4 ball I was with ;D Was well on for a score under 100 but tired significantly towards the end and just had no energy left on the back 9. Golf is really super hard physically but still that was 2nd ever 18 hole round :)

I would love to be able to improve my best ever round by 25 shots mate!

That’s good progress, keep it going. Where did you save all those shots? Much better chipping and putting, or did you just cut down on the air shots?!

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3756 on: September 12, 2021, 08:38:34 pm »
Been playing pretty poorly recently. Well shit really

First game today where I saw light at the end of the tunnel

75. A 39, 36

At one point on the back 9 I was -2 but ended level par for the back 9
No digging. Someone videoed me and light bulb. New then where all my McFat shots were emanating from

46 points from my 10 handicap

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3757 on: September 12, 2021, 08:39:48 pm »
I would love to be able to improve my best ever round by 25 shots mate!

That’s good progress, keep it going. Where did you save all those shots? Much better chipping and putting, or did you just cut down on the air shots?!

Sorry mate, missed this. I've only ever played two full rounds, both at the same course, I think its just the result of a few months of practice at the driving range between the two rounds and getting more consistent hitting the ball.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3758 on: September 20, 2021, 05:14:24 pm »
Only trouble is my brain goes awol sometimes and I forget a part of the routine and it goes tits up.

That's my issue.

When I do everything according to 'the routine', I'm OK. When I go on autopilot, I go to shit because I subconsciously go back to the rubbish elements of my 'natural' swing.

WRT slicing the driver, I never really slice, but I have a tendency to sway my hips forward on the downswing, which pulls my hands through ahead of the club head so I sort of get inside the swing. This send the ball arrowing off the tee at an angle of about 5-past o'clock, which gives the same result is slicing it.

The place we went on holiday in Scotland last month had a 9-hole (par 62 for 18, and the par 3's were good lengths) so took a few clubs up. First time I'd played since 2019. Was a bit hit and miss at first then realised I'd gone back to standing too close to the ball. Made the change to get my swing more upright again, and played as well as I can. On the back nine had 4 pars, 4 bogies and a fucking triple when everything went to pot for a hole.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3759 on: September 20, 2021, 08:52:30 pm »
Just got back from Portugal after a week in which we played 6 rounds.

great week but quite surprising how poor the condition of some of the courses were to be honest. Very little "first cut" and rough quite high and spongy. Areas around the bunkers were generally unkempt (Im a big believer that the bunker is the punishment, not the area around it 6ft from the green). Greens were very different in speed and condition throughout each course.

Overall though was a great week, but definitely a lot less people playing which was great.  My golf was pretty average really which didnt really matter as we had a good laugh and it was just great to get away.

Pinhal:
Played this twice as it was were we stayed. Meant to have a rest day but walked over and got on straight away. Fairways quite thick with little to no run at all, and although there was a first cut, it seemed like it was being allowed too much time between cuts. Really liked the layout of it though. Big difference playing it the second time and knowing where to miss though.

Penina:
Worse course of them all we played. Looked like it had missed a lot of care. Fairways were patchy, and the greens were atrocious to the point of having to move the ball regularly as there was no line to the pin due to serious scarring. Whole course was unkempt. Single woman in the pro shop acted like she couldnt care less.

Gramacho:
Only a few minutes from the poor show at Penina and so so much better, from arriving there to leaving. Course was much better condition and the greens were a different breed to the ones on Penina. Was speaking to the one of the waitresses and she was saying they were going to be taken over by the owners of Penina. She didnt seem too happy about it either.

Vale de Pinta:
Nice layout but got caught behind 2 men and women who were using trolleys and plain refused to let us through. Even when we were at the tee and they still hadnt finished teeing off - with no-one in front of them. Apparently they were having a match between husband and wife. 4hrs 20 min for a 3 ball in trolleys was painful. Course was in OK condition with some trick holes. Started birdie birdie par and then lost my way when we were waiting around. Drove to 68 yards on a par 4 and took a 7. Whoosh whoosh whoosh whooooooshh....

Millenium:
Best course and condition we played by far. Have played it before and liked it then. Was only opened 2 weeks before we arrived. Difference between this and the other courses was immense. Pity my driving went AWOL for the first 8 holes as thats the tightest part of the course but had a good back 9. Probably not as well presented as previous but to be expected I think.

Laguna:
Didnt play this but its being completely overhauled at the moment. Went for a look and the scale of the work looked massive. Been at it for a year and expecting it to take another 18 months to opening. Apparently theyre removing some bunkers but adding in more water hazards. I liked La Laguna the most when weve played it previously, so looking forward to seeing it when its finished.

I think I may have been too harsh in my judgement as we normally play the main tourist courses which are usually beautifully presented, and expected a bit too much. But saying that apart from Millenium and Gramacho the rest were in far worse condition than ones Ive played over here in the last year.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.