Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 576696 times)

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
Re: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #360 on: January 19, 2022, 01:13:48 pm »
So the Ox injury is still being assessed but the club are hopeful it’s short term…where have we heard this before!Take a couple of injections,bandage it up and play ffs.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #361 on: January 21, 2022, 11:51:18 am »
Klopp hopeful Harvey Elliott will be available for selection "after the International break", while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could be in contention to face Palace on Sunday.

Says Joel Matip was "not 100 per cent", hence sub last night, but didn't mention a specific problem.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #362 on: January 21, 2022, 12:05:04 pm »
Klopp hopeful Harvey Elliott will be available for selection "after the International break", while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could be in contention to face Palace on Sunday.

Says Joel Matip was "not 100 per cent", hence sub last night, but didn't mention a specific problem.

Hope Matip is ok and not one of his little problems that turns serious.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: January 21, 2022, 01:20:41 pm »

I hope this is not too serious.
We need everyone fit ASAP.

good news on Ox and hopefully Harvey Elliot. that would be like a new signing if he can start on subs bench in Feb.
Our current subs bench is devoid of creative attacking quality at the moment. Although that changes after AFCON.

not having Origi, Thiago, even Ox for this period has not helped our Prem league form.

Any mention when Origi will return?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: January 21, 2022, 01:46:10 pm »

That's him out until April then isn't it  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: January 21, 2022, 02:05:48 pm »
It sounds like the tackle that saw Partey get sent off may have left something on Fabinho.  From Klopp: "Yes, we got knocks, proper knocks. The second yellow from Partey against Fabinho, that was a proper knock.".  Hopefully nothing in it.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: January 21, 2022, 02:14:24 pm »
It sounds like the tackle that saw Partey get sent off may have left something on Fabinho.  From Klopp: "Yes, we got knocks, proper knocks. The second yellow from Partey against Fabinho, that was a proper knock.".  Hopefully nothing in it.

Could have been a straight red.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: January 21, 2022, 02:19:56 pm »
Could have been a straight red.
should have been a straight red.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: January 21, 2022, 02:21:41 pm »
this guy seems to have the credentials required to make this kind of statement, but I don't know what his track record is like, or if he's just looking for clicks ....?

Liverpool starlet Harvey Elliott will treat the next “four to six weeks” as a pre-season programme before his eventual return from injury.

That is the view of injury expert Ben Dinnery, who runs the Premier Injuries site and has a background in medicine and data analysis.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...t-wont-feature-for-another-six-weeks-dinnery/

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: January 21, 2022, 02:41:08 pm »
this guy seems to have the credentials required to make this kind of statement, but I don't know what his track record is like, or if he's just looking for clicks ....?

Liverpool starlet Harvey Elliott will treat the next “four to six weeks” as a pre-season programme before his eventual return from injury.

That is the view of injury expert Ben Dinnery, who runs the Premier Injuries site and has a background in medicine and data analysis.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...t-wont-feature-for-another-six-weeks-dinnery/

as noted on the other board - this Dinner guy is just speculating.

Klopp on Harvey Elliott: "It's outstanding to have him back. He's an outstanding boy. He was out for a long time so we cannot rush it, but he looked directly like he could play! I'm pretty sure after the international break he should be ready. I'm pretty sure after the international break he should be ready."

I know that "pretty sure" is a qualifier - but he sees Harvey daily.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2022, 03:24:11 pm »

Oh sugar, do we have another pointless international break coming up, far too much of this crap going on
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #371 on: January 21, 2022, 03:35:50 pm »

Klopp on Harvey Elliott: "It's outstanding to have him back. He's an outstanding boy. He was out for a long time so we cannot rush it, but he looked directly like he could play! I'm pretty sure after the international break he should be ready. I'm pretty sure after the international break he should be ready."

He's back in full training this week so i'd assume he's already effectively had 'a pre-season'. He just won't be match fit.

They'll want to see how he responds to first team training for 2 or 3 weeks before throwing him into a match. The Cardiff game would be the logical one to make his return. Possibly an under 23 game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #372 on: January 21, 2022, 03:43:40 pm »

Oh sugar, do we have another pointless international break coming up, far too much of this crap going on

Thankfully its not too bad as its only the South American and Asian qualifiers and Bobby hasn't been picked so its just Fab, Alli and Taki.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: January 21, 2022, 03:47:41 pm »
Thankfully its not too bad as its only the South American and Asian qualifiers and Bobby hasn't been picked so its just Fab, Alli and Taki.

Ali a bit short of match time as well over the last month. Taki as well could do with the minutes.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2022, 07:04:57 pm »

Klopp on Harvey Elliott: "It's outstanding to have him back. He's an outstanding boy. He was out for a long time so we cannot rush it, but he looked directly like he could play! I'm pretty sure after the  he should be ready. I'm pretty sure after the international break he should be ready."

I don't know Dinnery from a hole in the ground, but "after the international break" and "four to six weeks" aren't mutually exclusive.  and Jurgen is consistently optimistic about return dates.

we'll see I guess ..... but I do expect the club to be extremely cautious with Harvey.  when he's back, I want him to stay back.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: January 21, 2022, 07:11:43 pm »
I don't know Dinnery from a hole in the ground, but "after the international break" and "four to six weeks" aren't mutually exclusive.  and Jurgen is consistently optimistic about return dates.

we'll see I guess ..... but I do expect the club to be extremely cautious with Harvey.  when he's back, I want him to stay back.

I'd guess the Cardiff game is the one they've earmarked to play him in, assuming he's ready. Even if briefly from the bench.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: January 21, 2022, 07:23:10 pm »
I'd guess the Cardiff game is the one they've earmarked to play him in, assuming he's ready. Even if briefly from the bench.
2 weeks ...hmmm. could be.  if we are playing out the last 10 minutes and there's nothing left for the Cardiff team to really play for, sure.

(LOL like I know!)

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: January 23, 2022, 07:48:33 pm »
Some very important returnees coming soon to help build momentum into the end of the season- Mo, Sadio, Naby, Thiago, Elliott and Origi back in the next 10 days or so which will really strengthen our options and allow for some more rotation

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: January 23, 2022, 07:50:11 pm »
Hopefully Thiago can go straight in v Cardiff, need him ready for Inter and the cup final. He's gonna be vital v Chelsea especially.

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #379 on: January 23, 2022, 08:48:01 pm »
Some very important returnees coming soon to help build momentum into the end of the season- Mo, Sadio, Naby, Thiago, Elliott and Origi back in the next 10 days or so which will really strengthen our options and allow for some more rotation

If all our players come back healthy from afcon and elliot, origi and thiago as expected are fit then we could have no inured player come cardiff on the 6th of feb.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: January 23, 2022, 09:08:03 pm »
Hopefully Thiago can go straight in v Cardiff, need him ready for Inter and the cup final. He's gonna be vital v Chelsea especially.

I think we'll go full strength against Cardiff (maybe excluding any potential AFCON players back or Alisson/Fabinho back from internationals).

We won't want to go into the next league game cold. With the 5 subs we can utilise players who need minutes returning from injury.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: January 23, 2022, 10:33:10 pm »
Our season rests on how many games Thiago can be fit for.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #382 on: January 24, 2022, 06:19:20 am »
If all our players come back healthy from afcon and elliot, origi and thiago as expected are fit then we could have no inured player come cardiff on the 6th of feb.
Now you've gone and done it
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: January 24, 2022, 08:20:58 am »
6th Feb is the AFCON final so at the latest it’ll be what? Leicester?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: January 26, 2022, 09:35:31 pm »
That is so annoying when people do this with no comment or idea what it's about.

What's happened?

Thiago doing a strenuous workout - looks good on rehab

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2022, 09:40:15 pm »
Thiago doing a strenuous workout - looks good on rehab

Cheers bud 👍

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: January 26, 2022, 09:58:35 pm »
That is so annoying when people do this with no comment or idea what it's about.

What's happened?

Sorry! Thought everyone would be able to click the link.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: January 26, 2022, 10:17:38 pm »
of course it can be clicked on, but if you've no idea what it is, why bother?  it could be something you have zero interest in, or have seen already.

a line or two of description goes a long way.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: January 26, 2022, 10:19:46 pm »

Not just your post or this link, it happens a lot which is very frustrating.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #391 on: January 26, 2022, 10:41:23 pm »
Some old dinosaurs in this thread might not have Instagram (or any other social media) account. :wave

I cant's see anything on Insta or Facebook, but Twitter links seem to work for me.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #392 on: January 26, 2022, 11:36:02 pm »
of course it can be clicked on, but if you've no idea what it is, why bother?  it could be something you have zero interest in, or have seen already.

a line or two of description goes a long way.

A description does help, but to be fair, I saw Thiago6 in the URL and that was enough for me to click it  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Injury news only thread. *
« Reply #393 on: February 4, 2022, 05:31:20 pm »

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Injury news only thread. *
« Reply #394 on: February 4, 2022, 05:32:08 pm »
that's today, I assume?

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: February 4, 2022, 05:32:43 pm »
Yeah, his presser

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: February 4, 2022, 05:32:47 pm »
Yesh!

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: February 4, 2022, 05:35:36 pm »
Yeah, his presser
I meant the photo.  :)

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: February 4, 2022, 05:36:01 pm »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: February 4, 2022, 05:59:46 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA