Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers  (Read 213947 times)

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #2240 on: March 3, 2024, 09:17:14 pm »
Everton going to need a new manager soon
The Bullens Wall does not like this suggestion.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2241 on: March 3, 2024, 09:20:34 pm »
The Bullens Wall does not like this suggestion.

The fewm would be glorious. They'd go hang bedsheets on a random house in Freshfield and then swear at the redshite squirrels
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2242 on: March 3, 2024, 09:43:01 pm »
I think Brendan is proof that managers don't develop in the same way that players do. We invested a lot of time into him hoping he'd become an elite coach with us. You either have it or you don't.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #2243 on: March 3, 2024, 09:45:10 pm »
Everton going to need a new manager soon

My guess is Howe gets the boot from Newcastle and goes to Everton, with Rodgers to Newcastle.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2244 on: March 3, 2024, 11:19:34 pm »
My guess is Howe gets the boot from Newcastle and goes to Everton, with Rodgers to Newcastle.

The Saudis have ambition, no chance they give him the job

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2245 on: March 3, 2024, 11:22:40 pm »

Potter's really dropped off the radar hasn't he.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2246 on: March 3, 2024, 11:22:49 pm »
I think Brendan is proof that managers don't develop in the same way that players do. We invested a lot of time into him hoping he'd become an elite coach with us. You either have it or you don't.

I somewhat agree. That said Rafa had rough times early on in his career, but passion, obsession and endless curiosity for the game usually wins out and ensures you get over the initial hurdles.

If you don’t have those qualities as a young manager, you’ll never reach elite level.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2247 on: March 4, 2024, 01:21:42 am »
I somewhat agree. That said Rafa had rough times early on in his career, but passion, obsession and endless curiosity for the game usually wins out and ensures you get over the initial hurdles.

If you don’t have those qualities as a young manager, you’ll never reach elite level.

I think a problem with Brendan is that he thought himself as elite too early. He fell for what a number of players do and believed he made it when the big club came in for him. During the early 2010's we had SO MANY players like that, who acted as if they made it by coming to us and they didn't have to improve, didn't have to work to be worthy of the club. Stewart Downing is the biggest culprit I can think of but there were a lot like him, and Rodgers was a little like that it felt - he was the man at this was his time to show it off.

He brought us a spectacular season, but even in that season you could see the cracks, see the limitations. You also got the impression that Rodgers was very much focused on how he come out of it, both in the good and the bad.

It's a stark contrast to Klopp who everyone of course adores, and is of course a much much much better coach, but one of the best things he did early on was shift the focus from himself to the amazing players, almost without anyone noticing. Rodgers always felt like he needed his light.

To be fair to him Rodgers did humble himself after leaving, looked to rebuild in a proper way, but you really did feel like Celtic and Leicester were always stepping stones to him, and the issues he had with us still prevailed.

And now at Celtic again, it feels like the position is chaffing, that he feels too big for the role (which he may in fact be)

I can absolutely see him at Newcastle, seems the type of job he would take, if they don't get Tuchel that is.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2024, 01:24:06 am by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #2248 on: March 4, 2024, 06:03:21 am »
Not going to last there is he? Where next? European second-tier league if he's lucky. Or Saudi.

He has unfinished business at LFC. Would be poetic if it happened. Hopefully by the time it happens (next season?) he can come in as a PL winner for that season.
Tubby thinks PGMOL are awesome..

And tubby is always right

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #2249 on: March 4, 2024, 07:03:31 am »

Potter to Celtic makes sense.

The Saudis have ambition, no chance they give him the job

He would be a big leap forward from Howe, in my opinion.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2250 on: March 4, 2024, 07:08:07 am »
He would be a great appointment for ireland but way out of reach

I'd rather he took the NI gig and Damien Duff got a shot at the ROI team.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2251 on: March 4, 2024, 01:28:23 pm »

I honestly think he's holding out for something like the Man Utd job. And I get a sense of entitlement that he's good enough for that without really doing the heavy lifting in a smaller team. Sure, he's come up through the ranks but it would be good to see a British manager stick at a smaller club for a significant period of time rather than just be 'flavour of the month' based on a season or two.

The problem with British managers is a sense of entitlement. Doesn't matter whether its the more progressive, modern coach like Potter or the crocked dinosaurs like Allardyce, they ultimately don't have the humility, and dare I say it, outright passion and obsession for the job that the overseas coaches have.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2252 on: March 4, 2024, 01:28:54 pm »

that’d be fantastic, just for the collective Geordie headloss (ha!)

Saudi Arabia will want someone far more high profile and who’s won something significant. It’s all about the sportswashing, Rodgers isn’t going to do much for that both in CV and in personality.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2253 on: March 4, 2024, 01:31:26 pm »
I honestly think he's holding out for something like the Man Utd job. And I get a sense of entitlement that he's good enough for that without really doing the heavy lifting in a smaller team. Sure, he's come up through the ranks but it would be good to see a British manager stick at a smaller club for a significant period of time rather than just be 'flavour of the month' based on a season or two.

The problem with British managers is a sense of entitlement. Doesn't matter whether its the more progressive, modern coach like Potter or the crocked dinosaurs like Allardyce, they ultimately don't have the humility, and dare I say it, outright passion and obsession for the job that the overseas coaches have.

Did they pay him off or is he on gardening leave ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2254 on: March 4, 2024, 01:56:51 pm »
Did they pay him off or is he on gardening leave ?

Does Potter spend his gardening leave pottering around the garden?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2255 on: March 4, 2024, 02:27:58 pm »
Does Potter spend his gardening leave pottering around the garden?
;D

You should be on the Radio with that type of stuff.