Author Topic: Klopp charged by FA for comments about ref in WHU match  (Read 6877 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Klopp charged by FA for comments about ref in WHU match
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2019, 04:36:23 pm »
The FA are pathetic. ::)

Can't dare to criticize the high and mighty!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2019, 04:38:51 pm »
Kloppo was fined £45,000

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47323892

Not sure what he said was too bad. Even for Klopp, £45,000 is a fair bit, I wonder how the fines are worked out?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2019, 04:38:53 pm »
Bigger than some fines I've seen for racist chanting etc.  ;D

He'll be fine though I'm sure he can afford it. Wish the fines went to charity though and not straight in to the FA's coffers.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2019, 04:53:23 pm »
Bigger than some fines I've seen for racist chanting etc;D

He'll be fine though I'm sure he can afford it. Wish the fines went to charity though and not straight in to the FA's coffers.

Was just about to post this. Ridiculous really.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2019, 04:55:57 pm »
imagine a world where a 45 grand fine isn't a life changing sum....

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2019, 04:58:16 pm »
If Origi had put that offside chance away he wouldn't have said anything.

Fine seems high but at least no ban

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2019, 04:58:39 pm »
Bigger than some fines I've seen for racist chanting etc.  ;D

It’s all relative though, isn’t it. For a start, racist chanting these days would get you a lengthy ban. Secondly, if Thw FA were to punish managers for racism by fine, which they obviously wouldn’t as the punishment would be far more severe, then they would be fining him a lot more than 45 grand.

The comments were a tad careless, he’s been fined, we move on.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2019, 05:03:16 pm »
The FA are pathetic. ::)
The governance of that organisation is truly pathetic. There's no consistency and no accountability.
As well as consistency of fines, and I understand the points made about comparisons with fines for racism, there needs to be a review of the Fa's relationship with PGMOL and also a review of arrangements with broadcasters in terms of what they ask managers.

I have huge sympathy with any manager that has to face (often) highly leading questions about incidents that if they answer, they end up being fined.
It was so easy to see that the officials knew they had fucked up and tried to restore the balance.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2019, 05:21:20 pm »
It’s all relative though, isn’t it. For a start, racist chanting these days would get you a lengthy ban. Secondly, if Thw FA were to punish managers for racism by fine, which they obviously wouldn’t as the punishment would be far more severe, then they would be fining him a lot more than 45 grand.

The comments were a tad careless, he’s been fined, we move on.

Remind me again how much Chelsea were fined and how long their ban was for?

I've no problem with him being fined and the amount he was fined he's a multi-millionaire and can afford it.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2019, 05:34:29 pm »
The FA and it’s refereeing system is a disgrace, has been for years. The government and its false threats only helped the FA to realise even more nothing will ever be done to stop their little boys club. They do what they want how they want and nothing can be done about it.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2019, 05:36:42 pm »
Fix the shit standard of refereeing you pathetic FA organisation.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2019, 06:31:22 pm »
Fix the shit standard of refereeing you pathetic FA organisation.
Exactly. I wouldn't mind their no-tolerance policy towards mangers criticising referees, if somebody, anybody at all, did hold them to account.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2019, 08:37:33 pm »
Yes, you absolutely can. What you can't do is insinuate bias which, to be fair, Klopp clearly has done, albeit not in a malicious way.

Oh I agree, I don't think Klopp could or should have gotten away with his comments, even if the Referee's Assistant gave a goal kick to West Ham when we should have a corner and he flagged Salah offside, both in the first half after, he didn't call Milner for being offside.

I do just wonder if he just called the officials incompetent instead what would have happened.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2019, 08:47:12 pm »
They should cut out talking to managers immediately after a game if they don't want heat of the moment comments.

The stakes are incredibly high for us at the moment, dropped points is going to cause some angst, you only need to look at some of the reactions on here for that. Being asked provocative questions when tensions are still running high is asking for trouble, but I guess the media want that for the headlines.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2019, 08:52:50 pm »
They should cut out talking to managers immediately after a game if they don't want heat of the moment comments.

The stakes are incredibly high for us at the moment, dropped points is going to cause some angst, you only need to look at some of the reactions on here for that. Being asked provocative questions when tensions are still running high is asking for trouble, but I guess the media want that for the headlines.

I agree especially with the first paragraph. They are expected to give interviews straight after games whatever the result. Then they have to answer a bunch of loaded questions after it. If the FA want managers to respect the refs do something about improving the standard of refereeing. At the end of the day football is a game of emotions and in the heat of the moment things will get said.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"