Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586692 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3400 on: November 24, 2018, 09:22:19 am »
Just like one of them was going to give us the same sort of money for Sturridge after he'd played about five games in two years for us?  ;D

Touche

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3401 on: November 24, 2018, 09:36:18 am »
I think he's a good option to have off the bench. It's a real shame as before his injuries he was one of the main go to players under Klopp. Unfortunately since he's came back he hasn't looked anywhere near recapturing some of his form prior to those injuries. Think Klopp said he isn't available today either. He played alot of football so young also, coming up through the divisions for Southampton, might of taken it's toll.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3402 on: November 25, 2018, 07:23:14 pm »
The issue with Lallana is that he offers nothing much these days as a sub.

If we are leading, taking Salah off and putting Lallana on is not going to strengthen us defensively.

If we are a a goal down and chasing the game, he is not going to offer any goal threat or open up the defence for us.

Neither here or there now.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3403 on: November 25, 2018, 07:57:37 pm »
Lads played abar 5 games in what 12-18 months? Maybe a tad early just yet to be firing him off.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3404 on: November 25, 2018, 08:02:38 pm »
The issue with Lallana is that he offers nothing much these days as a sub.

If we are leading, taking Salah off and putting Lallana on is not going to strengthen us defensively.

If we are a a goal down and chasing the game, he is not going to offer any goal threat or open up the defence for us.

Neither here or there now.

What you’re essentially saying is that he’s so shit he is of no use whatsoever :D

You should tell the manager
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3405 on: November 25, 2018, 08:07:56 pm »
He lacks game time but with every game being of such importance it is difficult to see him starting.   I would like to see him coming on as/when we are comfortably ahead.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3406 on: November 25, 2018, 08:57:21 pm »
He lacks game time but with every game being of such importance it is difficult to see him starting.   I would like to see him coming on as/when we are comfortably ahead.

This is his biggest issue, well right after his injuries.
Every game is so important this season, every minute a player gets needs to be validated by the performance and there is competition for each and every position. So where does he get his minutes? Ideally we have a fit and firing Lallana contributing in this incredibly difficult and important period, but can he get up to required speed and stay there without getting injured again.

It has been a shit year in general for him, he must be sick of all the recurring problems and niggling injuries.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #3407 on: November 25, 2018, 09:06:24 pm »
Do feel sorry for Lallana he's had a rough year of it injury wise. I do wonder whether we'll see him again at pre injury levels. I said in the thread of the Red Star Belgrade CL thread that he looks a shell of his former self.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3408 on: November 25, 2018, 09:07:55 pm »
What you’re essentially saying is that he’s so shit he is of no use whatsoever :D

You should tell the manager

He is not shite. He could come in to do a competent Milner job. What I am saying if you wanted someone to make a difference, he is not the person right now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3409 on: November 25, 2018, 09:17:30 pm »
He is not shite. He could come in to do a competent Milner job. What I am saying if you wanted someone to make a difference, he is not the person right now.

Was he ever a good option coming off the bench?

We all know what he’s good at, we all know he’s been injured a lot and none of us really know if he’ll get back to a level where he can contribute. But the shite he’s getting is almost identical to the shite Sturridge did for a few years, probably from the same people. No player chooses to get injured, we should back them when they do without the sweeping statements whilst they’re trying to return.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3410 on: November 25, 2018, 09:19:15 pm »
Was he ever a good option coming off the bench?

We all know what he’s good at, we all know he’s been injured a lot and none of us really know if he’ll get back to a level where he can contribute. But the shite he’s getting is almost identical to the shite Sturridge did for a few years, probably from the same people. No player chooses to get injured, we should back them when they do without the sweeping statements whilst they’re trying to return.

Sturridge is difficult comparison from this perspective - he's out for 3 months and comes back in top gear and scores. Lallana out for 3 months - needs 4 games to get back to speed, but either the games aren't available or he gets injured again.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3411 on: November 25, 2018, 09:27:01 pm »
Sturridge is difficult comparison from this perspective - he's out for 3 months and comes back in top gear and scores. Lallana out for 3 months - needs 4 games to get back to speed, but either the games aren't available or he gets injured again.

:-\

I’m not sure that’s even remotely true, for either of them. Seems to have become a bit of a buzz phrase with Lallana.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #3412 on: November 25, 2018, 10:54:49 pm »
Lads played abar 5 games in what 12-18 months? Maybe a tad early just yet to be firing him off.

Load of shite. Everyone knows that you can be 100% match fit before you've even played a game these days.....
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3413 on: November 26, 2018, 09:19:03 am »
:-\

I’m not sure that’s even remotely true, for either of them. Seems to have become a bit of a buzz phrase with Lallana.

Its quite accurate imo, Sturridge tends to come back looking sharp and a goal threat. Every time Lallana comes back he looks a yard off the pace and like he's struggling with the pace of the game. At his best Lallana is absolute quality but my god he's incredibly injury prone these days and I can't remember the last time he had one of those impressive 'what a player' type games

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3414 on: November 26, 2018, 09:23:20 am »
Its quite accurate imo, Sturridge tends to come back looking sharp and a goal threat. Every time Lallana comes back he looks a yard off the pace and like he's struggling with the pace of the game. At his best Lallana is absolute quality but my god he's incredibly injury prone these days and I can't remember the last time he had one of those impressive 'what a player' type games
They have completely different roles though. If Sturridge is out of shape, he still has his touch and vision and that gets him pretty far as a striker. He was never relying on hard work. Lallana is a midfielder and covering a lot of ground was always a big part of his game.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3415 on: November 26, 2018, 09:42:23 am »
They have completely different roles though. If Sturridge is out of shape, he still has his touch and vision and that gets him pretty far as a striker. He was never relying on hard work. Lallana is a midfielder and covering a lot of ground was always a big part of his game.

Oh don't get me wrong, i'm not saying they have identical roles in any way but I don't think its unfair to say Lallana takes a few games to look near his normal level when he returns from injury (which was my point). It makes things difficult because as someone stated above he needs a few games but they aren't available or he picks up another injury

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3416 on: November 26, 2018, 10:03:37 am »
Thing is until you have other options for the attacking CM Lallana wil always be in the conversation. Its a position we need strengthening as in certain games / times we could do with more guile from midfield where teams back off us so much all our outfield players could be camped in their half. Whether it be passes or runs from midfield the likes of Shaqiri, Keita, Ox and Lallana could all play their part but due to injuries only Shaqiri is getting a run of games right now. Thankfully we still are flying as a team which is crazy considering how we rarely get into third gear even.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3417 on: December 3, 2018, 03:20:28 pm »
Is he available for the Burnley game?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3418 on: December 3, 2018, 03:26:16 pm »
Is he available for the Burnley game?

I'm sure he is - but he can't be match fit at all - starting him necessitates a sub by 60 mins. Maybe a bench option.

Offline dpitfield

• Boys Pen
    • Professional Soccer Coaching
« Reply #3419 on: December 3, 2018, 05:03:47 pm »
Does enough to be on the bench rather than squad player.  Got to have a deep bench to go the distance in the league.  I think we are lucky to have him around as a player coming of the bench if he is happy with that or filling in in the lower level games or when injuries come along.
Darren P (Liverpool)
Soccer Drills and Coaching - Professionalsoccercoaching.com

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3420 on: December 3, 2018, 05:14:35 pm »
The way things are at the minute, he may want to leave in the summer to get some playing time. He was great in his first couple of seasons with us, but the injuries have hampered him severely. His contract runs till 2020, and on current state, I dont see him getting a new one. Moving away to a mid-table club may help him rejuvenate his career as he's only 30, and if his body holds up, he should be playing for another 4-5 years atleast, and could maybe still get a look in for England too. Its just sad how its turned out with him, because he has the quality and he could put a shift in, a bit like Sturridge, but without the one glorious season that Studge had in 13-14.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3421 on: December 5, 2018, 02:49:50 pm »
The way things are at the minute, he may want to leave in the summer to get some playing time.

But Klopp loves him and tries to play him into form whenever possible. His problem isn't lack of playing time, it's his injuries. I'm not sure moving to another club will change that.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3422 on: December 5, 2018, 04:31:44 pm »
had to look up, no way was it that few. though i thought it was more than 20

he was a great fit until he got injured summer 17
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3423 on: December 5, 2018, 06:16:06 pm »
People do have these odd ideas about players wanting to leave Liverpool

Most players don’t want to leave. A few see Barca or Real as the pinnacle but most don’t want to go anywhere else, particularly when they’re past their peak. I’d love to see the conversation with Lallana ‘look mate, do you not fancy going to play for Watford? I know the atmosphere would be shit, you wouldn’t be playing in remotely as big games or playing with anywhere near as talented players, and a lot of your mates are here, but you’d at least be living in Watford and probably getting paid less than here. I’ll tell them it’s a maybe, yeah? And if not them....how about Bournemouth? Or Wolves, yeah? Fancy Solihull for a new house?’

Offline dpitfield

• Boys Pen
    • Professional Soccer Coaching
« Reply #3424 on: December 6, 2018, 01:16:50 am »
ha! Would be solid at Bournemouth.  He talented, would play all the time (probably) and another good manager to help him develop as a player and also get minutes.  Less of the high press game also might favor his style of play.
Darren P (Liverpool)
Soccer Drills and Coaching - Professionalsoccercoaching.com

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3425 on: December 6, 2018, 03:02:35 am »
ha! Would be solid at Bournemouth.  He talented, would play all the time (probably) and another good manager to help him develop as a player and also get minutes.  Less of the high press game also might favor his style of play.

Don’t think he will be developing too much more as a player at 30

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3426 on: December 6, 2018, 03:08:16 am »
As long as Shaiqiri and Keita are available, I am not sure he can get into the team.

I think he will probably feature in the FA cup.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3427 on: December 6, 2018, 09:46:11 am »
As long as Shaiqiri and Keita are available, I am not sure he can get into the team.

I think he will probably feature in the FA cup.

I can see him moving on in Jan, if any offer comes in for him. Well now or the summer. Shame we can't recall Harry Wilson to take his place.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3428 on: December 6, 2018, 09:51:49 am »
I can see him moving on in Jan, if any offer comes in for him. Well now or the summer. Shame we can't recall Harry Wilson to take his place.

:butt

As with Sturridge, teams don't actually particularly want to sign injury prone players who haven't played properly for over a year. Especially struggling teams. Sturridge loan last season has probably put clubs off that sort of thing a bit. And players don't particularly want to leave a club on the up where he's on good wages, better facilities, been here for a long time and is still trusted by the manager. Its all a bit Football Manager thinking we'll sell Lallana.

Moreno looked dead in the water, and came back in last season
Sturridge looked dead in the water, and came back in this season
Origi looked dead in the water, and has come back in recently

If he's here, and there's literally no indication from anywhere that he wont be, then he'll be in and around the squad

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3429 on: December 6, 2018, 10:10:51 am »

I’d be amazed if he moves on in January. He’ll only move if he asks to leave. The same with Clyne and Origi. Klopp seems to commit to players for a full season unless they want to leave.

If Lallana did leave I think Curtis Jones would be his natural replacement in the squad rather than Harry Wilson. In our system, Wilson would play in the front 3 or wide in a 4-2-3-1. I personally see Lallana more as a midfielder and a No.8 in a 3 man midfield.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3430 on: December 6, 2018, 11:56:19 am »
is there no recall option in place?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3431 on: December 6, 2018, 12:00:43 pm »

Lampard said something a few months ago that he would be at Derby for the whole season, would be quite a bold statement if there was the chance we'd recall him

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3432 on: December 6, 2018, 12:02:23 pm »

No.

Frank Lampard said the other week that Wilson is Derby's player until the end of the season.

Wilson is better placed on loan. I don't think he'd not be getting a game (or very few) if he was in our squad currently. Continue to get games and develop until the end of the season. Come back next July and we take stock- 1st team squad, sell or another loan.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3433 on: December 6, 2018, 12:04:43 pm »
Lampard said something a few months ago that he would be at Derby for the whole season, would be quite a bold statement if there was the chance we'd recall him
No.

Frank Lampard said the other week that Wilson is Derby's player until the end of the season.

Wilson is better placed on loan. I don't think he'd not be getting a game (or very few) if he was in our squad currently. Continue to get games and develop until the end of the season. Come back next July and we take stock- 1st team squad, sell or another loan.
thanks people

his goal at the weekend. bloody hell. absolute rocket.

could be a good option for us.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3434 on: December 6, 2018, 08:27:52 pm »
Lampard said today that we could recall him in January.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3435 on: December 7, 2018, 09:05:05 am »
Lampard said today that we could recall him in January.
id be tempted

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3436 on: December 7, 2018, 09:43:58 am »
The new kit man  ;)

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3437 on: December 7, 2018, 10:04:54 am »
:butt

As with Sturridge, teams don't actually particularly want to sign injury prone players who haven't played properly for over a year. Especially struggling teams. Sturridge loan last season has probably put clubs off that sort of thing a bit. And players don't particularly want to leave a club on the up where he's on good wages, better facilities, been here for a long time and is still trusted by the manager. Its all a bit Football Manager thinking we'll sell Lallana.

Moreno looked dead in the water, and came back in last season
Sturridge looked dead in the water, and came back in this season
Origi looked dead in the water, and has come back in recently

If he's here, and there's literally no indication from anywhere that he wont be, then he'll be in and around the squad

To be honest, your standard of 'came back in' is pretty low. I don't think anyone is under any illusion that Moreno, Sturridge and Origi are very much on the peripheries of the squad. The same applies to Lallana, Clyne, Solanke etc. I think it says it all when we consider what would the team be like if Lallana were sold. In truth, I doubt anyone would notice - as the time have functioned perfectly fine without him for most of the year.

Unless he can get into full fitness very very soon, and start putting together some consistently excellent performances, I think Lallana's days are numbered at the club. Realistically he's competing with too many players to be able get his place back - Naby, Hendo, Gini, Shaq, Milner, Fabinho, AOC are all in contention to be named in a midfield 3. He's not quick enough to play in our front 3, where we rely on pace.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3438 on: December 7, 2018, 10:20:16 am »
To be honest, your standard of 'came back in' is pretty low. I don't think anyone is under any illusion that Moreno, Sturridge and Origi are very much on the peripheries of the squad. The same applies to Lallana, Clyne, Solanke etc. I think it says it all when we consider what would the team be like if Lallana were sold. In truth, I doubt anyone would notice - as the time have functioned perfectly fine without him for most of the year.

Unless he can get into full fitness very very soon, and start putting together some consistently excellent performances, I think Lallana's days are numbered at the club. Realistically he's competing with too many players to be able get his place back - Naby, Hendo, Gini, Shaq, Milner, Fabinho, AOC are all in contention to be named in a midfield 3. He's not quick enough to play in our front 3, where we rely on pace.

Which is sort of the point

People weren't under any illusions that before last season, Moreno was done. Before this season, Sturridge and Origi were done. I doubt anyone even had them as an option. But as long as they're here, the manager will use them if he needs to (and he sometimes does need them) and it'll be the same with Lallana as he's already shown this season.

So yeah, unless Lallana is desperate to leave (which certainly doesn't seem to be the case) then he'll likely be here until his contract is up and will be in contention if/when he's available. And I'm not saying he should be in the team, just that its really unlikely he'll suddenly want to leave us to go to a shitty mid table side and a shitty mid table side are unlikely to offer anything like what we or he would want to leave. So best just get used to him either occasionally playing, or not playing and getting injured regularly

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3439 on: December 8, 2018, 02:25:49 pm »
Excellent cameo for the lad