Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586982 times)

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3520 on: January 16, 2019, 12:57:50 pm »
Is Klopp taking the squad abroad for a while after the Palace game?
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #3521 on: January 16, 2019, 01:01:46 pm »
Not managed 20 league appearances in the last 2 seasons, wrong side of 30.

Not looking good for him.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3522 on: January 16, 2019, 01:04:11 pm »
Is Klopp taking the squad abroad for a while after the Palace game?

Yes, to Dubai.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #3523 on: January 16, 2019, 01:07:53 pm »
Yes, to Dubai.

ah ok cheers, makes sense.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3524 on: January 16, 2019, 06:25:43 pm »
Wish hed stop giving interviews

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZrubGCPkOyE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZrubGCPkOyE</a>
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3525 on: January 16, 2019, 06:44:57 pm »
Not managed 20 league appearances in the last 2 seasons, wrong side of 30.

Not looking good for him.

If he wins the league with us this season he won't give two fucks.

He has a major part to play for us he this season.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3526 on: January 16, 2019, 06:51:40 pm »

I thought that a few weeks ago when he looked to be getting somewhere near his best in the few cameos that he had made. But he's injured yet again. If we win the league he'll get a winner's medal, but other than a few odd sub appearances I really don't think he'll have much of a part to play in during our title push.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3527 on: January 16, 2019, 07:12:30 pm »
Not looking good for Adam.
23 games and 0 goals since start of last season.

I'll cling to some hope of him contributing something, anything, in this season.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3528 on: January 16, 2019, 07:15:26 pm »
Gutted for him, he's a fabulous player when he's fit but he's fully in Aurelio/Kewell level of injuries at the moment. Klopp loves him but I am not sure he will be here come the end of next summer.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3529 on: January 16, 2019, 09:13:50 pm »
Even when fit there is not really a lot he could contribute now. Ok a nice turn and then there wasn't a burst of speed to create an opening.

Unfortunately his body just couldn't sustain anything his mind wanted him to do.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3530 on: January 16, 2019, 09:17:03 pm »

He can’t play a major part if he’s always injured!!

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3531 on: January 16, 2019, 11:14:40 pm »
Indeed  :)

Dyou think every player just gets told that they’ll be moving, by their club, and just go ‘yeah alright then, don’t care where just email me my new address’? Could be a fun game I guess. ‘Just go and sit in the airport mate, there’s a couple of Turkish sides plus St Mirren, Southampton, a team in the North Korean second division and one in Gibraltar. We’re gonna blindfold you, spin you round a few times and then you’ll walk towards a departure gate and see where you end up’

99% of players are making no more than you or I and don't have much of a say in the matter, they're just happy to get their next pay check and if the club tells them to fuck off they're going to go looking for another club until their out of options and out of the sport completely.  Now if we're just talking the 1% of players that make it to the PL or commensurate league, how many players actually retire at LFC for instance?  Very little right?

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3532 on: January 31, 2019, 10:44:21 am »
I was surprised to see this thread near the bottom of page 2.

To me, Lallana is getting away with  larceny. It feels like about 2 years since he last got a goal or assist, as a combination of injury and just not being a good footballer anymore. His performance last night was embarassing - he completely takes the pace out of any attacks and doesn't have the pace or fitness to contribute on either side of the ball.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #3533 on: January 31, 2019, 10:49:56 am »

To me, Lallana is getting away with  larceny. It feels like about 2 years since he last got a goal or assist, as a combination of injury and just not being a good footballer anymore. His performance last night was embarassing - he completely takes the pace out of any attacks and doesn't have the pace or fitness to contribute on either side of the ball.

What an horrible thing to write about one of our players.

What you call larceny I call sad.

It's a big shame that he's gone from one of our most used and effective players to someone struggling for fitness and game time, but saying he's 'getting away' with it implies lack of effort and I see no reason to make that accusation.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #3534 on: January 31, 2019, 11:03:46 am »
That's bollocks, the guy has clearly been struggling with injury and whether or not he is still here in the summer makes no difference. He is not stealing anything from us, it's not like he walks around taking the piss out of the club.

Of course it was a surprise to see him come on, but I can see what Klopp what trying to do - Shaq was off it and we needed someone who could play in tight spaces.

We will need him in the run in like we need everyone who Klopp trusts, the main problem will be getting him match sharpness so he can make a difference.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3535 on: January 31, 2019, 12:25:04 pm »
I was sure he was going to shoot instead of cutting it back near the end of the game - that's probably a lack of confidence and sharpness.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3536 on: January 31, 2019, 12:31:45 pm »
To me, Lallana is getting away with  larceny.
Weird thing to say.

Lallana's problem is simple - injuries.

It's a shame. He'd be a great option in the squad if he could stay fit, potentially even a starter.

Not much to say beyond that though.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3537 on: January 31, 2019, 12:56:41 pm »
I don't know why Klopp keeps introducing him as a left-sided midfielder. Throughout his career he's rarely looked effective on that side of the pitch, despite having a left-foot which is almost as good as his right.

One of Lallana's greatest strengths - like Oxlade, though not as explosively of course - is his ability to overload the right-hand side, as we saw for his cutback late on, and repeatedly throughout 2016/17. I don't think his body positioning naturally lends itself to replicating that on the other side.

I don't think he looks the same player post-injury unfortunately, but given that he made more key passes than anyone except Mané despite only playing a third of the game, I don't think his impact was as limited - or worse - as others are suggesting.

Personally, though, in this system, I think he should probably be the back-up to Firmino in the number ten role. I'd have liked to have seen Salah move wider last night to give him more time on the ball, and use Lallana and Firmino's energy, superb first touches and natural synergy through the middle together.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3538 on: January 31, 2019, 01:12:02 pm »
larceny....bloody hell

though not good enough anymore it would seem at least he tries
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3539 on: January 31, 2019, 01:12:25 pm »
Lallana isn't an impact sub if you need to win or create a goal. He's fine when you're protecting a lead or if we're short in midfield at the start of a game.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3540 on: February 1, 2019, 10:37:01 am »
Lallana isn't an impact sub if you need to win or create a goal. He's fine when you're protecting a lead or if we're short in midfield at the start of a game.

Is he? He's been a disappointing signing overall. He was our best player for a 3 month period in an approaching 5 years he's had here. Which sticks out to many because the rest of his time here, he's been distinctly average.

But to be fair to him he's been played on the left or right far too much in his time here.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #3541 on: February 1, 2019, 10:44:44 am »
Simply too slow I'm afraid.  Looks like he's running in treacle.  Which is a huge shame as he's clearly talented.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3542 on: February 1, 2019, 10:47:04 am »
Wonderful footballer, quick thinking, quick feet, imaginative and the king presser in the Liverpool team. Obviously he is also injury prone. But, should he maintain fitness for the next four months, Lallana will be instrumental in our quest for honours.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3543 on: February 1, 2019, 10:50:57 am »
Wonderful footballer, quick thinking, quick feet, imaginative and the king presser in the Liverpool team. Obviously he is also injury prone. But, should he maintain fitness for the next four months, Lallana will be instrumental in our quest for honours.
i feel like ive been hearing this forever though

when he gets within an asses roar of the team it seems to be in steps
1. he will be an asset
2. we need a squad
3. hes injured
4. hes nearly back
5. he just needs games

then before we know it he gets another knock

if we give him game time he gets injured. he cant be relied upon and sadly since summer 2017 he hasnt contributed anything
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3544 on: February 1, 2019, 10:52:51 am »

Everyone's being very polite about how much of a melt you are.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3545 on: February 1, 2019, 11:02:48 am »
Was very good in the 4-3-3 in 16/17. And if I remember correctly his best performance off the bench this season was when he played in that system (can't remember the game). Doesn't seem to have a natural role in the new system. Although I wonder if he could play the role Firmino currently does?

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3546 on: February 1, 2019, 11:09:46 am »
I feel so sorry for him (and us) because he was fantastic for us, but I think injuries have robbed him of his ability to play at our level now.

As much as I like him we have to be ruthless about these things. Was it Paisley or Shankly who had the line about letting players' legs go on other teams' pitches? I think we will let him go in the summer. Would be great if he went somewhere a little less physical for last few years. Be interested to see how he would get on in Serie A.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3547 on: February 1, 2019, 11:38:54 am »
Was very good in the 4-3-3 in 16/17. And if I remember correctly his best performance off the bench this season was when he played in that system (can't remember the game). Doesn't seem to have a natural role in the new system. Although I wonder if he could play the role Firmino currently does?

Bournemouth Away wasn’t it? Looked quite lively there.

Injuries have definitely hampered him. Can see why Klopp still trusts him and it’s not like we had lots of attacking mid options in the bench the other night as we’d started most of them.

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3548 on: February 1, 2019, 12:17:15 pm »
Bournemouth Away wasn’t it? Looked quite lively there.

Injuries have definitely hampered him. Can see why Klopp still trusts him and it’s not like we had lots of attacking mid options in the bench the other night as we’d started most of them.

Yeah I think that's the one.

There is just something different about him when his role allows him to move from the second to the final third of the pitch rather than receiving the ball in the final third of the pitch. Even though he doesn't have pace, he uses the momentum he gains when moving from the middle of the pitch into the final third very well.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3549 on: February 1, 2019, 12:31:27 pm »

Personally, though, in this system, I think he should probably be the back-up to Firmino in the number ten role. I'd have liked to have seen Salah move wider last night to give him more time on the ball, and use Lallana and Firmino's energy, superb first touches and natural synergy through the middle together.

Good call..... yes, it would make sense for lallana to be Firmino's backup whenever he plays number 10. When he is put on the wings, he just seems lost.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3550 on: February 1, 2019, 01:15:09 pm »
He is just so slow. I'm struggling to think of anyone in the squad who has less pace. Maybe Allison?

Seriously though, the likes of Wijnaldum is no speed merchant but you can see he has that burst to get away from a man when under pressure or making an interception. I don't know if Lallana ever had this or its just that the team has changed too much.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3551 on: February 1, 2019, 01:35:58 pm »
He is just so slow. I'm struggling to think of anyone in the squad who has less pace. Maybe Allison?

Seriously though, the likes of Wijnaldum is no speed merchant but you can see he has that burst to get away from a man when under pressure or making an interception. I don't know if Lallana ever had this or its just that the team has changed too much.

Wijanldum is a speed merchant he just doesn't need to use it often. He turned on the afterburners at one stage on Wednesday and it was very impressive. He's a bit like Virgil in that sense.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3552 on: February 4, 2019, 07:11:35 pm »
If it's a 4-3-3 tonight, it's a big opportunity for Lallana to show he's still got some of what made him so good in 16/17.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3553 on: February 4, 2019, 07:14:17 pm »
Well we don’t have to worry about seeing him come off the bench. :D

Good luck to him, we’re needing everyone in our squad to win this.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3554 on: February 4, 2019, 07:15:23 pm »
Looking forward to see how he does tonight, he has a great understanding with our attacking three.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3555 on: February 4, 2019, 07:15:29 pm »
Nothing more I'd like to see than him putting in a fucking huge performance. With all our injuries building up, having a fit and raring to go Lallana could be huge.

He's not got a future here, but he's not a nothing player on his day, either. Hope he shines tonight.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3556 on: February 4, 2019, 07:17:27 pm »
Can't say I'm overjoyed to see him starting but hope he puts in a worldie tonight, we need it.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3557 on: February 4, 2019, 07:18:12 pm »
Hope he has a monumental game tonight!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3558 on: February 4, 2019, 07:25:27 pm »
Hope he has a monumental game tonight!

But NOT Statuesque, at all costs. Overarching or possibly a Magnum Opus.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3559 on: February 4, 2019, 07:26:22 pm »
Time to shine.
He could work well with Keith.