Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Brighton 3 Trossard 4', 17', 83', Bobby 33', 52', Webster 62'  (Read 38283 times)

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Nope we didn’t need to invest in the summer everything was rosy this is just a blip.

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
We are not winning against Arsenal and City no in million year with this defense right now.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
Why was Tsimikas taken off for Milner?

I think that was the biggest surprise of all, I reckon everyone was expecting TAA to get hooked. The look on Kostas' face when he saw his number come up tells its own story. Makes you wonder what Trent has to do to get dropped.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
I would be thankful for a top 4 finish this season

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Think the Milner sub was because we don't currently have another left back and Tsimikas needs to be fresh for midweek.  But I dunno why Gomez wasn't on instead.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck, just saw even Everton have caught up with us.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
Not really his fault, was it.  He only played for 7 minutes.

Replacing Mané with someone not ready to start given how we apparently knew he was leaving was poor judgement or poor scouting.

We rely on getting every decision off the field right. We’ve got them very wrong and the team just cannot function.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
It’s fine though because Bellingham will sign when we finish 8th.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
We won't but this is partly on the owners so they'll still have to find the money to sort this squad out. Invest in Jan and the season isn't a complete write off.

They'll invest when their top 4 income is at risk. I hope.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
Hard to complain we didn't deserve to win. Brighton were excellent

Team aint got it anymore. Its going to be a long season. When you as a club are happy to just coast along and get the top 4 cheque, this is what can happen.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Threw away an absolute gift. Can't fault Alisson as he kept us in it. I'd love for Klopp to explain why he brought Milner on for Tsimikas.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Henderson was great then he gets taken off.

Shambolic to be honest.

I don't understand why he did that.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Need to go back to basics to shore up the defence. Have enough quality to outscore most sides but we can't always be on the back foot like we have been in most games this season.

It feels to be that players have downed tools.

Offline MiltonHK

• Boys Pen
I don't understand why Elliott and Milner are always a package to put onto the pitch. Elliott cannot cover grounds, Milner does not have the legs anymore.

The defense was already so broken and I cannot understand why Klopp weaken it further.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
The life went out of me a little bit when I noticed Milner and Elliot coming on together. It made no sense beforehand, and it played out that way too. Just killed all the momentum.
That's on Klopp. One of his funny ones.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
Klopp has worked miracles, I think he will need to pull off his best trick yet.

Alisson is not earning enough, whatever he is paid. He is the only thing keeping us close to anything this season.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A complete mess. Knew that 3rd for Brighton was coming. A better attacking team will destroy these lot.

Midfield can’t win a second ball, can’t protect the defence, easily cut through. Defence is all over the place. Attack looks slow and as if they’ve never played together.

Complete shit show

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
Completely wide open from 70 until their goal. Where’s the man management of defending what we’ve got. Virgil really poor for the 3rd as well as a few others. They looked likely to score every time they went forward. Any hopes of the title are gone now and we’ll have to work really hard just to finish in the Top 4.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
It’s really not worth getting so worked up about.
Football never ends.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Had a fantastic 5 years playing some brilliant football.

Unfortunately we are back to top 4 battles

I agree. It will be a long time before we get to that level again unless we drastically improve

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pain.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Be astounded if we get anything from Arsenal and City the way we are playing.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Replacing Mané with someone not ready to start given how we apparently knew he was leaving was poor judgement or poor scouting.

We rely on getting every decision off the field right. We’ve got them very wrong and the team just cannot function.

TBF we like to bed players in slowly. Jota's injury meant it happened quicker than we'd have wanted with Nunez.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan

The most damning thing I can say about this side is that we’re soft. I felt they might equalise when we complacently took our foot off the pedal. It’s on the owners but the individual errors are unforgivable.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Huge confidence booster for Kostas to be getting starts only to be substututed for a 36 year old midfielder.

Robertson is injured at the moment; therefore, I don't think it was a bad sub. He needs to be looked after with the number of games coming up.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
Yeah I didn’t miss this after all.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why was Tsimikas taken off for Milner?

To give Trent a boost by not being the worst fullback on the pitch?

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
That one’s down on Klopp keeps picking a player short on confidence and is being targeted by opposition players ruthlessly.

Poor.

Who should he have played out of interest?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
Huge confidence booster for Kostas to be getting starts only to be substututed for a 36 year old midfielder.

He looked baffled and he had every right to be. I wouldn't say he had an amazing game but he didnt put a foot wrong and what does Milner provide as a right footed player from that position over him?
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
If that's the best they can come up with after almost a month off then I'm afraid this squad is done.

Something is very broken now. The owners should be fucking ashamed of themselves with the investments since we won the league.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Not really his fault, was it.  He only played for 7 minutes.

That's the issue though isn't it, our club record signing only gets cameo appearances off the bench in a team that is toiling. For that kind of money it's justified to expect him to come in and make an immediate impact (that isn't on Joachim Andersen's face). It's probably not fair to single him out when the whole team has gone to shit but with big money comes big expectations.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
Anyone know what thr point of signing Artur was?

Looks like he was signed just to say we got someone in at this point. Clearly Klopp never wanted him though so is just refusing to use him.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
I will never understand that Milner sub. Fucking shocking day all round, shocking season to be honest.
It's like he's guaranteed to get minutes every game, Kostas must think what the fuck.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Disappointing. Defence looks all over the shop at times but I don't know if it's the midfield making it worse or not. Team looked all over the shop first 20 minutes and midfield looks slow.

We needed to invest in our midfield and we didn't and come next summer everyone in that team is a year older - Salah, Firmino, Van Dijk, Henderson, Thiago, Milner, Fabinho.

Don't see the owners spending anywhere near what we might need to sort things out.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
I’m hopeful, but prepared for a pasting.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
That’s your takeaway from that game?

To be fair, you’d expect your record signing striker on much much sooner than in 90th minute, bit weird that.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
TBF we like to bed players in slowly. Jota's injury meant it happened quicker than we'd have wanted with Nunez.

Diaz, Salah, Mané all played from day one, and it’s not like Nunez was a January signing. It’s unlike us to spend so much on someone seemingly so raw.

And also in that case, why TF is Carvalho starting when he’s clearly not ready?!

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan

Yeah little chance v Arsenal, a high energy team away from home is a nightmare for us at the moment, bit like how we've destroyed Arsenal for years, we'll get that treatment there.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Frustrating result as we know we're better than this. Brighton are a good outfit, but we shouldn't be gifting them three goals at Anfield.

Is it just us being under par, or a combination of making mistakes and decisions going against us? Always feels like we have to be perfect to offset the dodgy decisions.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
Woeful again. This isn't a dip in form or some unfortunate circumstances caused by injuries, this is who we are now. Pretty much everyone available and you ship 3 to Brighton at home.

Poor recruitment (or lack of) and players expected to play 50 games every season gassing out.

I've been of a mind that this is a top 4 battle for some time now. I think even the more optimistic among us must surely be coming to that realisation too. Sad thing is it's only October.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590