Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 886405 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #6440 on: October 1, 2022, 11:12:05 pm »
He's knackered. Basically we play him in pretty much evrey game unless he's injured.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6441 on: October 1, 2022, 11:15:10 pm »
He's knackered. Basically we play him in pretty much evrey game unless he's injured.

How is he tired mate?

He missed a lot of football last season.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6442 on: October 1, 2022, 11:21:31 pm »

I mean honestly who does this not apply to at almost any other club that is paid to be a starter? As I noted in the transfer thread we're seemingly the only club in the world where more than 5 midfielders is even a discussion point. Is there a player on another club where the fan base is making excuses for him that he had to play too much?

I think we can all acknowledge that generally the players are asked to play too many games while also noting that the demands on our players aren't hugely different than any other CL level team. If we ruined them then there is no one else to blame and then it's more of a choice of do you want to just continue to pay them for sentimental reasons or do you just bite the bullet and move them on?

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6443 on: October 2, 2022, 01:17:50 am »
I mean honestly who does this not apply to at almost any other club that is paid to be a starter? As I noted in the transfer thread we're seemingly the only club in the world where more than 5 midfielders is even a discussion point. Is there a player on another club where the fan base is making excuses for him that he had to play too much?

I think we can all acknowledge that generally the players are asked to play too many games while also noting that the demands on our players aren't hugely different than any other CL level team. If we ruined them then there is no one else to blame and then it's more of a choice of do you want to just continue to pay them for sentimental reasons or do you just bite the bullet and move them on?

Fabinho has actually played a more reasonable amount of football than most of our players - he's played nearly 30% less football than Robertson since signing for us, for example. He plays a very similar amount of minutes per season to comparable midfielders at other clubs - in fact less than Rodri, Jorginho, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan, etc.

Fabinho's problem is he's never been the quickest/fittest and he seems to be slowing down as he's aged (both in terms of covering the ground and reaction times) which has been compounded by general midfield dysfunction. It's fine if you play to his strengths (of which he has plenty) or surround him with runners, but it's become increasingly easy to take him out of the game, particularly on transitions, and that's a concern for us with the way we play and given teams are starting to play a bit more bravely against us (particularly in terms of committing men forward on the break).

He will look better if/when we start penning teams in again, or if we ever buy an athletic midfielder, but I think we'll see a lot more of these types of performance unless we change the way we set up. He just isn't very good at covering ground when running back towards his own goal. It is what it is.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6444 on: October 2, 2022, 01:38:05 am »
Fabinho is consistently losing duels that he would have won last season mainly being slower to the ball. Previously he had an uncanny ability to get his foot to the ball and away from the other player but he is getting consistently outfought. Has he lost his desire to win? It is more likely that he is physically not the same player he was, and that the midfielders in the mid tier teams upwards have become better.

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6445 on: October 2, 2022, 12:49:07 pm »
Seen him and Klopp had words yesterday, obviously don’t know what was being said. Looked like Klopp was berating him. Fabinho was gesticulating back at him. Could only see from the main stand so no idea what the context of it was.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6446 on: October 2, 2022, 12:58:59 pm »
Maybe some radical surgery is needed - bench Alexander, put fabinho as rb to shore up the right side defensively (that was his original position anyway), and put bajcetic and Henderson in the midfield with thiago.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6447 on: October 2, 2022, 01:36:27 pm »
He needs dropping, he’s been poor for too long and having a go at Klopp yesterday should be the final straw. We can use Hendo at 6 which I appreciate is far from a perfect solution or we could try a 4231.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #6448 on: October 2, 2022, 01:49:18 pm »
He’s asked to do a job that is so on the edge of impossible, that if everyone else isn’t perfect he’ll look like he’s terrible
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6449 on: October 2, 2022, 02:04:45 pm »
He was MOTM in the 4-0 win against Arsenal last November/December.

Since then he's played like he's wearing ice skates pretty much every time he turns out.

Hard to understand what's happened to him. He's gone from probably the meanest DM in the country to get past to the easiest.

We are not playing to his strengths. It was obvious what will happen this season.
IMO and based on how we played this season I think we can improve alot in three areas.

Our right side midfielder plays further up and if teams bypass our press Fabinho not the quickest to recover,  he is world class at interceptions but doesn't have the speed to cover so much space. It happened many times this season , a clear example of this is Milan home and you can bet more teams will try to exploit  our right side next season. Adding a quicker DM and moving Fabinho to the left and rotating him with Thiago I think would be great solution as it would keep them both fresh and Fabinho is a good deep playmaker too also it will give us more depth at the DM position because we will have three players who can play there.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6450 on: October 2, 2022, 02:22:15 pm »
He needs dropping, he’s been poor for too long and having a go at Klopp yesterday should be the final straw. We can use Hendo at 6 which I appreciate is far from a perfect solution or we could try a 4231.

The flare up is showing that at least some in the squad is getting frustrated at klopp. Whatever is going on in there it is also klopp's failure and imability to sort things out.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6451 on: October 2, 2022, 03:54:47 pm »
Fab had a bollocking.  :D

urgen Klopp was unhappy at Fabinho during the second half and made his point forcibly towards the midfielder, who appeared to selectively choose to ignore what was being said until the message from the boss became too loud to turn a deaf ear towards. [Liverpool Echo]

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6452 on: October 2, 2022, 05:27:30 pm »
Fab had a bollocking.  :D

Klopp knows he fucked up not strengthening properly in the summer and therefore so do the players which is showing. Fabinho is ridiculously overworked and a lot of players are being hung out to dry by the lack of athleticism in the midfield. Whoever plays the 6 has a thankless task and Fabinho has never been the quickest.

We've just got to tough it out until January when we can do something about it in terms of signings. In the meantime we've got to find a better tactical balance. Arsenal/City probably aren't going to be the games to throw Bajcetic in or give Arthur a debut, but we're going to have to adapt the way we play to account for a substandard midfield.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6453 on: October 2, 2022, 05:29:01 pm »
The flare up is showing that at least some in the squad is getting frustrated at klopp. Whatever is going on in there it is also klopp's failure and imability to sort things out.

I know this is generally frowned upon…but you really do talk an insane amount of utter shit :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6454 on: October 2, 2022, 05:49:31 pm »
The almost desperation to write players off on here is a thing to behold. We're in a situation where injuries have meant that the system we play, the system that requires a high work rate and commitment from everyone, is falling apart and making pretty much everyone look bad. I find it difficult to criticise any player right now when so many are simply being given far too much to do.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6455 on: October 2, 2022, 05:51:53 pm »
The almost desperation to write players off on here is a thing to behold. We're in a situation where injuries have meant that the system we play, the system that requires a high work rate and commitment from everyone, is falling apart and making pretty much everyone look bad. I find it difficult to criticise any player right now when so many are simply being given far too much to do.

Who's unavailable right now that would help the "system"?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6456 on: October 2, 2022, 05:54:21 pm »

Which is precisely what happened in 20/21. Nobody was playing well then either, particularly in that bad run in the new year. Mo's goals pretty much carried us before Christmas.

We found a solution and got through it, but it's systemic at the moment. The players aren't enjoying being made to look bad.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6457 on: October 2, 2022, 05:55:09 pm »
Look, if we have high hopes for Bajcetic as Kloppo and the staff say they have with him then put him in there. If you're good enough you're old enough.  8)

The likes of Gavi at Barca are regulars at 18 years of age.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6458 on: October 2, 2022, 05:59:40 pm »
Who's unavailable right now that would help the "system"?

You don't think being able to rotate in Henderson, Keita, Jones and Arthur in recent games would have made a difference? Henderson was back against Brighton but it was his first appearance after a long lay off.

We clearly need signings, but the idea that half of our squad has suddenly stopped being good enough is absurd.

Look, if we have high hopes for Bajcetic as Kloppo and the staff say they have with him then put him in there. If you're good enough you're old enough.  8)

I'm still kind of amazed we didn't try to use Arthur against Brighton, we've seen what happens when we play Elliot in midfield and yet we just keep doing it.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 06:01:34 pm by Schmidt »

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6459 on: October 2, 2022, 06:03:23 pm »

I'd have played him by now but Arsenal and City aren't going to be the games to throw him in for a debut. May as well play him Tuesday though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6460 on: October 2, 2022, 07:49:00 pm »
He is clearly struggling physically and mentally. We should have rested him at the start of the season. However when it was mentioned, people laughed at the idea and there were a few snipe comments. He should not play against Rangers nor Arsenal.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6461 on: October 2, 2022, 08:24:38 pm »
He is clearly struggling physically and mentally. We should have rested him at the start of the season. However when it was mentioned, people laughed at the idea and there were a few snipe comments. He should not play against Rangers nor Arsenal.
Agree, no part of his game is good. Such an influential position on the pitch, cant see us being worse without him.

He's always been a player that takes a while to get into his groove  after injuries, just not sure whats up at the moment.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6462 on: October 2, 2022, 08:30:26 pm »
And who do we think we should drop him for?

Henderson’s not had a good season, and was a disaster playing the 6 against United. Arthur probably isn’t ready. Milner doesn’t have the athleticism.

Given our situation in midfield, I’m not sure we have the liberty to drop Fabinho and expect the alternative to be any better.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6463 on: October 2, 2022, 08:30:28 pm »
Agree, no part of his game is good. Such an influential position on the pitch, cant see us being worse without him.

He's always been a player that takes a while to get into his groove  after injuries, just not sure whats up at the moment.

It's Pep's book that is to blame.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6464 on: October 2, 2022, 08:34:00 pm »

Henderson’s not had a good season, and was a disaster playing the 6 against United. Arthur probably isn’t ready. Milner doesn’t have the athleticism.

Given our situation in midfield, I’m not sure we have the liberty to drop Fabinho and expect the alternative to be any better.
Would give Arthur a game, can it be worse?

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6465 on: October 2, 2022, 08:34:17 pm »
It's Pep's book that is to blame.
?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6466 on: October 2, 2022, 08:37:07 pm »

We dont really have a choice, he is playing far too badly on the ball and off it. Just put Henderson in at the 6 and get Elliott and Thiago ahead of it. If anything Fabinho is getting worse.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6467 on: October 2, 2022, 08:39:38 pm »
?

Crazy people are now blaming Pep's book for our poor start.

Idiots are even saying we will lose the Rangers game because of it!!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #6468 on: October 2, 2022, 08:44:27 pm »
I liked the flashpoint between Klopp and Rebeca's husband.

Think we need more fiery tension in the squad, bit more feistiness, not all this smiling, happy positivity we saw while we were winning things.

Let's get a little mean again.

Flinty, by Pep Lijnders
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6469 on: October 2, 2022, 08:49:25 pm »
Crazy people are now blaming Pep's book for our poor start.

Idiots are even saying we will lose the Rangers game because of it!!
😂
 Because other clubs don't bother doing their own analysis, or  ex players have signed some  non disclosure  agreement 🤔

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6470 on: October 2, 2022, 09:02:28 pm »

Won't happen but I'd love to see us give Bajcetic a go against Rangers. Morton got two games in the CL last year including away at Milan, albeit we were essentially qualified by that point I think whereas this is a must win game, but I struggle to think he'd be significantly worse than some of the performances the first team have been turning out. If nothing else, he can actually run, so that's a good start.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6471 on: October 3, 2022, 05:33:49 am »

Won't happen but I'd love to see us give Bajcetic a go against Rangers. Morton got two games in the CL last year including away at Milan, albeit we were essentially qualified by that point I think whereas this is a must win game, but I struggle to think he'd be significantly worse than some of the performances the first team have been turning out. If nothing else, he can actually run, so that's a good start.

I agree- put him as the anchor with Henderson and thiago as the rest of the midfield axis and to provide the experience. As for fabinho, utilise him as right back and bench Alexander Arnold. That should firm up our formation and remove the structural deficiencies created by Alexander Arnold's free floating tendencies as well as being a better defender than alexander arnold.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2022, 05:36:42 am by ThePoolMan »

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6472 on: October 9, 2022, 06:08:58 pm »
Should be nowhere near this team, ridiculous clearance.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6473 on: October 9, 2022, 06:09:58 pm »
Needed a proper clearance. Kept the attack alive.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6474 on: October 9, 2022, 06:16:40 pm »
Pathetic clearance to sum up an even more pathetic sequence before it.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6475 on: October 9, 2022, 06:36:18 pm »
He had ages to clear and finds an arsenal player at the edge of the box. Cant fault klopp for not playing him, been off pace all season.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6476 on: October 9, 2022, 06:46:38 pm »
Yeah, I was screaming at TV at that clearance (as well as at Thiago for trying to bring it down 5 seconds earlier). Our own worst enemy today and when we needed his calm, experienced head he does that.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6477 on: October 9, 2022, 06:46:54 pm »
His drop off from last season has been spectacular.

I mean could be said of a lot of players, but his has been special.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6478 on: October 9, 2022, 07:06:40 pm »
Say what you will about Mo, Van Dijk, TAA and Robertson. What has happened to this lad is just inexplicable. Calling him a shadow of his former self is an insult to shadows.

Genuinely might be the worst player in the league so far this season.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6479 on: October 9, 2022, 07:16:51 pm »
Say what you will about Mo, Van Dijk, TAA and Robertson. What has happened to this lad is just inexplicable. Calling him a shadow of his former self is an insult to shadows.

Genuinely might be the worst player in the league so far this season.
Agree, the game is just passing him by