Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2002405 times)

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2016, 01:35:31 pm »
Does anyone have Firmino's stats as a striker? From the top of my head I get like 5 goals in 5 matches.

I think he will be a great striker for us. He was bought to replace Sterling, but he's too good a goal scorer to play at the wing. His conversion ratio in the box must be excellent. He's still lacking a bit of toughness, but he will learn.

And frankly, we are much more likely to find a proper winger than a better striker.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2016, 01:36:11 pm »
I'm expecting the Premier League Dubious Goals Committee to take a look at the first goal against Norwich City yesterday and to rule it as a Declan Rudd own goal. The shot was clearly going wide, and only went in goal because of the contact with the goalkeeper which deflected it inwards to hit the inside of the post where from it deflected into goal. There should be no doubt that it should be ruled as an own goal.

No chance it was an og but it did show why in those positions the forward should always go across the keeper because if you do scuff it, there's still a chance it will find the far corner.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online mjk

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2016, 01:48:39 pm »
Does anyone have Firmino's stats as a striker? From the top of my head I get like 5 goals in 5 matches.

According to WhoScored:
Position: FW- Apps: 9, Goals: 6, Assists: 3

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2016, 02:01:13 pm »
According to WhoScored:
Are those starts? Sounds like a lot. Very good, regardless.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2016, 02:10:31 pm »
I'm expecting the Premier League Dubious Goals Committee to take a look at the first goal against Norwich City yesterday and to rule it as a Declan Rudd own goal. The shot was clearly going wide, and only went in goal because of the contact with the goalkeeper which deflected it inwards to hit the inside of the post where from it deflected into goal. There should be no doubt that it should be ruled as an own goal.

If you look from the angle behind the goal, it was actually clearly heading inside the post.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2016, 02:14:17 pm »
According to WhoScored:
Has played 20 Pl games with 6 of them as a sub
4 Europa and 3 Cup

5 goals and 5 assists
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:16:51 pm by rocco »

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2016, 02:28:09 pm »
Since Klopp came in (and therefore he stopped being played bafflingly out of position out wide) he has 5 goals and 4 assists in 916 minutes in the league. Good for a goal or assist in every 102 minutes in a team not exactly playing out of it's skin. Small sample size obviously but still decent.

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2016, 02:30:10 pm »
Keep it up me laddy

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2016, 02:30:10 pm »
Sturridge is the only player in the squad I'd expect to beat that, basically.

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2016, 02:40:47 pm »
What position was he brought in to play and whats his best position going forward? A deeper role don't seem to suit him at all

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2016, 02:45:41 pm »
What position was he brought in to play and whats his best position going forward? A deeper role don't seem to suit him at all

For me, I think it's possible for him to play a very similar role to the one he is at the moment and still have room for a proper goalscorer/Sturridge alongside him.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2016, 02:46:49 pm »

Thanks for that.

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2016, 02:47:29 pm »
It`s eerily similar how bright both are in the final third and how similar their movements are. Luis never really got to his best level with us until we signed Sturridge who was a perfect partner for him. Firmino will need similar kind of help as well.

Actually he got to his best when BR took over and played him as a false 9 in a front 3, half a season before sludge came in

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2016, 02:48:31 pm »
Doing really well and not in his best position.

Maybe going forward it is his best position?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2016, 02:50:42 pm »
Actually he got to his best when BR took over and played him as a false 9 in a front 3, half a season before sludge came in
Yeah, but team needs to do well at the same time.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2016, 03:38:59 pm »
It`s eerily similar how bright both are in the final third and how similar their movements are. Luis never really got to his best level with us until we signed Sturridge who was a perfect partner for him. Firmino will need similar kind of help as well.

I think you'll find he was doing great before Sturridge.

The people who were slating Firmino on here were bellends!

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows it takes a while to settle into a new league, new team, new language etc......

I think Klopp said himself that he was the best player in Germany for a period of time last season, that should be all you need to know about the guy's quality!

He's a very intelligent footballer, with quick feet and great movement, who will only get better.

It was mentioned when we signed him that he was in a similar position to Luis when we got him, but without the impressive numbers to match.  Already established as a very good player, just about to break through on the elite level.

I don't like to make comparisons, as I don't think he'll be as good as Luis, but he still looks like he could be very very good!  :thumbup

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2016, 03:48:18 pm »
Comparisons to Suarez are both premature and a bit reckless.

;D You're being very polite there.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2016, 03:52:00 pm »
Technically he's not exactly outstanding but he's intelligent and willing. Not unlike Dirk but with a silkier touch and a touch more pace about him. Hopefully he keeps this going.

I don't really agree with the comparisons with Suarez, but saying he's like Kuyt? Completely different player.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2016, 04:08:19 pm »
Technically he's not exactly outstanding but he's intelligent and willing. Not unlike Dirk but with a silkier touch and a touch more pace about him. Hopefully he keeps this going.

Christ, comparing him to Dirk is almost as bad as comparing him to Suarez. What's wrong with people today?  ;D

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2016, 04:10:40 pm »
Made up with the fact he's shutting everyone up.   Going to be a star.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2016, 04:14:14 pm »
His numbers are excellent (all these are per 90)

Shots      2.7
Assists    0.31
Goals      0.39   (G+A @ 0.7 is outstanding)
Chances created 2.33
Key passes   2.03
Tackles  2.87 (this is nuts for an attacking player)
Interceptions 0.87

Probably our player of the season so far - certainly our attacking player of the season

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2016, 04:19:12 pm »
Made up with the fact he's shutting everyone up.   Going to be a star.

Everybody wants him to do well, it's just that it's taken five months for him to show that he can put together a couple of decent performances on the trot. Hopefully he will go on to show more consistency now.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2016, 04:22:13 pm »
Probably our player of the season so far - certainly our attacking player of the season

God, if that's true it shows how bad the rest have been.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2016, 04:35:12 pm »
Fucking autocorrect  ;D
How? Isn't autocorrect an abstract thing (software), not physical?

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2016, 05:37:13 pm »
Nothing will stop some people. Where there's a will, there's a way... physical or not ::)

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2016, 05:38:27 pm »
God, if that's true it shows how bad the rest have been.
Same here. He has improved in the last 3 games, but before that he was average (sometimes even poor), except for the City game. Part of it was not his fault, we tried to integrate Benteke and him, and that just doesn't seem to click.

To me, Firmino will be a much improved player if he learns not to lose the ball far too cheaply far too often. That privilege is afforded to Coutinho only. ;) With the two playing together, which is our best option, we lose the ball too much.

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2016, 05:39:41 pm »

Huh? I don't get it. Although I am hungover.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2016, 06:02:01 pm »
He is the Suarez-lite we should've been looking for when Luis left. Glad we have him. Never in any doubt that he'd come good. His numbers in Germany, his age profile and style of play were just too perfect a fit for it to not work long term. Anyone with half a footballing brain who saw him play for Hoffenheim would've known this all along.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2016, 06:33:28 pm »
He is the Suarez-lite we should've been looking for when Luis left. Glad we have him. Never in any doubt that he'd come good. His numbers in Germany, his age profile and style of play were just too perfect a fit for it to not work long term. Anyone with half a footballing brain who saw him play for Hoffenheim would've known this all along.

He's nothing like Suarez, nothing. Please stop that nonsense. Thank you.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2016, 06:39:25 pm »
He's nothing like Suarez, nothing. Please stop that nonsense. Thank you.

Why are people so sensitive when it comes to Suarez? Yes, they are not the same player, but they have more than a few things in common when it comes to how they play the game, don't see why you would cringe at comparisons...

Offline lfc-dub

• Main Stander
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2016, 06:52:53 pm »
Why are people so sensitive when it comes to Suarez? Yes, they are not the same player, but they have more than a few things in common when it comes to how they play the game, don't see why you would cringe at comparisons...
It reeks of desperation that's why.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2016, 06:54:52 pm »

So do many players. No one has Suarez's ability and desire though

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2016, 07:12:06 pm »
You are talking about Firmino still right? "Not unlike Dirk"?

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2016, 07:16:58 pm »
So do many players. No one has Suarez's ability and desire though
Seriously, Suarez was some kind of freak, such tenacity and inspired attacking play. Just magical. Though I've noticed, even though he's still absolutely brilliant, he has seemed to lose a tiny bit of pace since his knee injury right before we sold him to Barca, and he's not *quite* been the same player he was from '12-'14 for us.

What reminds me about Luis's situation with Firmino now, is that Luis also took a bit of time to integrate into the side and become the nearly unstoppable force he eventually became. Firmino needs time. But he's starting to show some more consistent glimpses of what people expected from him from the outset.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2016, 08:00:05 pm »
I looked at it quite a few times from different angles, and it was definitely going wide albeit it would not have missed the post by much. Also the deflection from the goalkeeper changed the ball's trajectory slightly more towards the goal and it still only hit the inside of the post. It would be against the laws of physics to say the shot was originally on target.

We'll find out in about a week's time whether the goal will be awarded as an og or not.

The dubious goals panel have so far ruled on two Liverpool league goals this season; in both instances the goals were accredited as expected. All of the decisions can be found here:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/goal-accreditations-for-2015-16.html

You must be blinder that Jurgen Klopp after yesterdays celebrations.

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2016, 08:01:17 pm »
You must be blinder that Jurgen Klopp after yesterdays celebrations.
JK: "But you know. It's really hard looking for glasses, without glasses." :D

Online mjk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2016, 11:23:42 pm »
The boss on Firmino
Quote from: Jurgen Klopp
Leo Messi what is he? Firmino can score goals and he is for us a good option to play with.

“He is flexible and at the moment in brilliant shape. I think it’s a wide spectrum when you discuss what a striker is.

“Roberto is a striker. He’s a very offensive player. You can be a striker if you have the physical things.

“Having the option with Christian, that’s good.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-wants-liverpool-tighten-7237619#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2016, 11:42:50 pm »
Bob is the second best thing to happen this season.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2016, 12:33:25 am »
I think Firmino's main weakness is when pit against big bullying defenders he lacks the upper body strength to hold them off.  I'm sure we'll be working on his balance and his core to improve that.  When there's space to run into or against a 'classy' hands off defender he runs riot, but I expect we'll continue to struggle against packed boxes and premier league thug cbs because he's just not built for it.

The thing with Suarez is no matter how big or strong you were, you were gonna be walking off that pitch beaten to a pulp.  The way he uses to step on toes, back into people.. He was a massive c*nt to play against and giving him the rough treatment only made it worse.

Firmino is a cracking player though, glad to have him.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 12:35:50 am by Cid »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2016, 12:38:06 am »
Firmino is a great player

If he can be a bit stronger, hold it up and lay it off better, he'll be dangerous against anyone. Not easy at all to just come in and do what he's done, even with the patchy form

I can't wait to see how good he'll be once we seriously start clicking and develop consistent attacking moves with Coutinho and Klopp's signings