Author Topic: Spirit of Shankly  (Read 81924 times)

Offline crazy_daisy

• Main Stander
  • We are the only ones worthy of owning this club
Re: Spirit of Shankly Branches
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2010, 12:23:14 am »
great, its especially important for us,(Balkans/sth eastern Europe)  situated 1000's of kilometers away from Anfield to have a local identity and to ensure supporters , potential fans, ex-pats, & visitors have a "home from home" where they get TRue info and not the media BS!

thanks for the email address we have emailed SoS to develop our branch of the Union in the Balkans..if any one else on RAWK is in our region please send me a message.
"What you achieve in life echoes in eternity."
"Dont argue with an idiot . He will just lower you to his level and beat you with experience"
"You must believe that you are the best and then make sure that you are."-Bill Shankly
BalKan REDS, Liverpool Pub, Bar, Montenegro 22-23may 2010
if you care,  OWN a SHARE, because WE ARE the CLUB

Offline McVean

• Main Stander
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2010, 12:39:52 am »
Sweden is about to open for business and we have good hopes for Norway.

Nice one, thanks.

Offline Fester19

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2010, 11:42:46 am »
Still waiting to hear from people to fix up a London meeting.  In the meantime, I've joined the London Supporters' Club so that I can attend their AGM on 15 July and try and canvas attendees.

A propos of not much, I'm member 2531 - see last post.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2010, 02:45:33 pm »
Swedes - get your rumpar in gear and pull yer fingrar ut.

Send an email to joackimlundberg@hotmail.com , state where in Sveeden you are and what your SoS membership number is. If you are in Sveeden (irrespective of what nationality you are!), and are not yet in SoS then join NOW and then do the above (better still, let Jocke know you've joined).

I've lived here long enough to know how damned passive you lot can be, so break the mould and get active. Get involved. Help rescue the club you love. Or I'm coming after yers individually ;D

I´m joining as soon as i get this months salary. Money´s been really tight, so not been able to join yet, but will join next week.

That´s a promise.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2010, 03:12:00 pm »
I´m joining as soon as i get this months salary. Money´s been really tight, so not been able to join yet, but will join next week.
That´s a promise.
Nice swan :D Sweden is looking good for its part in this - tell yer mates and tell them to tell their mates - Jocke's doing a stunning job of rounding up support for SoS and the hopefully-soon-to-go-live Sveedisch Brancsch.... ;) :wave

Offline EmlynHCrazyhorse

• Kemlynite
  • I'm so bored with the U.S.A.
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2010, 03:56:29 pm »
For anyone in the Midlands it would appear that it is better to start off with a Birmingham branch first and then see how it develops.
I know rtdh has been in touch with the potential chair of a Birmingham branch and I have just mailed him myself with numbers of potential members.
Has anyone any idea of how many members we are looking at for this branch?
"Thank you Jimmy McGovern for reminding me of what lives on. S.Y.M.M." JFT96

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2010, 03:59:03 pm »
For anyone in the Midlands it would appear that it is better to start off with a Birmingham branch first and then see how it develops.
I know rtdh has been in touch with the potential chair of a Birmingham branch and I have just mailed him myself with numbers of potential members.
Has anyone any idea of how many members we are looking at for this branch?

Get as close as you can to 50 and let's get this going.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline EmlynHCrazyhorse

• Kemlynite
  • I'm so bored with the U.S.A.
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2010, 04:19:23 pm »
So far got 5 definates, 6 potential and a few apathetic ones who I'm trying to convince. I'm surprised that there's still a number of supporters out there who haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation.
I'll keep plugging away though.
"Thank you Jimmy McGovern for reminding me of what lives on. S.Y.M.M." JFT96

Offline AhmedAlonso14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2010, 04:32:53 pm »
Graham, I received an email over a month ago about a South African branch with the email address of the member who's idea it was to start it. I emailed him but never heard back. Do you know if any progress was made with that one?

Offline Minore

• Late Night Cruiser of Swedish *ahem* "TV" Channels.
  • Kopite
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2010, 04:35:16 pm »

That´s a promise.

Låter bra!
Thanks Jim ;)

Offline McVean

• Main Stander
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2010, 04:39:33 pm »
How many Norwegians do we have in here ? We should get something sorted out.

Offline Minore

• Kopite
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2010, 05:04:41 pm »
How many Norwegians do we have in here ? We should get something sorted out.

We have 50+ Swedish supporters, don't know if Graham want us to work together or not. As a Scandinavian Branch.

Offline hothotheat

• Boys Pen
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2010, 05:47:57 pm »
We have 50+ Swedish supporters, don't know if Graham want us to work together or not. As a Scandinavian Branch.
Have any contact hysen if his on ?

Offline Nutcasey

• Boys Pen
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2010, 06:00:53 pm »
Hello, first post here bust just wanted to say that if there is any help required for a Surrey/Guildford branch then I'll offer it.

Offline Bartholomew Appleby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • This text is invisible.
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2010, 07:02:42 pm »
I would definitely be up for joining a Norwegian branch.

Offline Mingle

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I believe...
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2010, 07:09:02 pm »
UPDATE - London branch

I believe, that the lads trying to get something up and running in Outer London have agreed to start off with 1 London branch and take it from there.

We are going to have an inaugural meeting (I've got a pub "function room" near Liverpool Street that can hold at least 50), that Graham Smith will come down and chair, so we're waiting on his availability - watch this space.

MODS - can I start a separate SOS London branch thread in due course ?

Count me in... are there dates set?
At the end of a storm, Theres a golden sky...Believe in Brendan

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2010, 07:25:58 pm »
Anyone doing a cork branch?

Haven`t time to get involved in the runnig of it with a young family and all that but i`d definately be up for going if there was.I`d also try round up a few more to join the branch too.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline McVean

• Main Stander
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2010, 07:38:27 pm »
That could deffo be an alternative. We'll see what's the best :)

Offline McVean

• Main Stander
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2010, 07:41:27 pm »
I would definitely be up for joining a Norwegian branch.
Hey, there's one. Then we're at least three in here as far as i know :)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2010, 07:47:50 pm »
I've got no problem with that - it's not a case of competing branches - I was swapping e-mails with Chris yesterday, and he seemed adamant it was going to be in Sutton.

In the absence of anything else, I would have given that a whirl, off the beaten track though it is, BUT, thought I'd try and see if Central London would work better.  I've had a lot of interest on RAOTL and can drum up a few bodies myself.

Roy saw my thread on the RATTLE and started this, simple as that.

Upshot, working in the City and living in Kent, they are easier locales for me than Sutton.
I don't know where you got that from, Chris has been emailing about venues in London.

Offline brambling

• Main Stander
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2010, 08:32:25 pm »
I am interested in the Bristol Branch.
YNWA

Offline starskysdad

• Self confessed Idiot
  • Kopite
  • OOT for 32 yrs and loving it
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2010, 08:17:48 am »
Whenever I see a Liverpool fan I walk up to them and discuss SOS with them, a couple of times they have actually written down the web address to look into it further.

I think it would be a good idea to create business cards for us to hand out to people we see in the street that contain enough information to understand what it is we are trying to do.  Certainly when you see parents in Mcdonald's or in the local shopping Mall its easier to give them something to take away with them. 

The way I look at it is this - we may not be able to stop OOT's from coming up for those once a year matches and why would we - everyone is entitled to make the pilgrimage - but if we can educate them and make them pay subs to SOS and buy a couple of alternative Liverpool kits instead of buying in the club shop then we are making an impact.

I think the cards should have a message on the front describing what we do and the alternate kits we are producing and contact details on the back. 
I'm not saying I disagree with you but, you're pissing in the wind if you think calling someone a c*nt on the net is gonna change the way they think.

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2010, 10:05:42 am »
Whenever I see a Liverpool fan I walk up to them and discuss SOS with them, a couple of times they have actually written down the web address to look into it further.

I think it would be a good idea to create business cards for us to hand out to people we see in the street that contain enough information to understand what it is we are trying to do.  Certainly when you see parents in Mcdonald's or in the local shopping Mall its easier to give them something to take away with them. 

The way I look at it is this - we may not be able to stop OOT's from coming up for those once a year matches and why would we - everyone is entitled to make the pilgrimage - but if we can educate them and make them pay subs to SOS and buy a couple of alternative Liverpool kits instead of buying in the club shop then we are making an impact.

I think the cards should have a message on the front describing what we do and the alternate kits we are producing and contact details on the back. 

Thats a brilliant idea. I was walking around my local town centre and there were a few people I saw with Liverpool Tops on who probably don't have a clue as to what is going on.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2010, 10:10:05 am »

Do they need to be signed up to SOS with membership numbers or do we need to just get people to agree to be part of the branch?
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2010, 10:11:44 am »
Do they need to be signed up to SOS with membership numbers

Yes.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2010, 10:15:03 am »
Do they need to be signed up to SOS with membership numbers or do we need to just get people to agree to be part of the branch?

They have to be SOS members.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2010, 10:18:58 am »

Offline starskysdad

• Self confessed Idiot
  • Kopite
  • OOT for 32 yrs and loving it
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2010, 10:25:12 am »
Hence the business card idea, instead of repeating myself an agreed message etc.. would make my life a bit easier

I will spend my lunch time coming up with some ideas and try and find a way to post them up.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:08:45 pm by Veinticinco de Mayo »
I'm not saying I disagree with you but, you're pissing in the wind if you think calling someone a c*nt on the net is gonna change the way they think.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2010, 10:33:44 am »
Suffolk / East Anglia anyone?
Bedford here. East Anglia is huge. Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, North Essex, North Herts, East Northants, South Lincs..... where would you hold meetings?

Cambridge maybe?

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2010, 10:42:50 am »
So far got 5 definates, 6 potential and a few apathetic ones who I'm trying to convince. I'm surprised that there's still a number of supporters out there who haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation.
I'll keep plugging away though.

I'll definately take part in a midlands branch, though rotating the meetings between east and west would be good as its a fair treck from nottingham on a regular basis, maybe Derby as an almost halfway house.

Offline Minore

• Kopite
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2010, 01:22:08 pm »
Have any contact hysen if his on ?

Good idea, will check. Are you from Sweden?

McVean: What do you think about a Scandinavian Branch?

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2010, 01:26:46 pm »
FAO: Suffolk Rafa

I'm from suffolk! :)
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Fester19

• Main Stander
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2010, 01:50:55 pm »
I don't know where you got that from, Chris has been emailing about venues in London.

Can you read ?  "swapping e-mails with Chris" !!!!

The switch to London has come after our exchanges.

Offline McVean

• Main Stander
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2010, 01:56:49 pm »

I think it sounds very interesting and actually that thought has crossed my mind as well. Definately something it could be worth to look into. :)

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2010, 02:49:04 pm »
started talking with some mates about starting a Croatian branch.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline hothotheat

• Boys Pen
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2010, 03:18:10 pm »

yeah im from sweden to, sounds really nice with a scandinavian someone should look it up.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2010, 03:20:54 pm »
yeah im from sweden to, sounds really nice with a scandinavian someone should look it up.

All Swedish SOS members should have received an email from the proposed organiser.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Minore

• Kopite
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2010, 03:30:14 pm »

Maila mig på joackimlundberg@hotmail.com med namn, medlemsnummer och ort om du inte redan gjort det.

Offline hothotheat

• Boys Pen
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2010, 03:33:08 pm »
All Swedish SOS members should have received an email from the proposed organiser.
oj såg det lite för sent men mailar dig nu direkt

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2010, 04:04:19 pm »
oj såg det lite för sent men mailar dig nu direkt
For the record, he just said "Oop, saw that a little bit too later but am mailing you right away." I presume he means he's emailing Minore? In any case, one more Swede on the case. Get in there :)