Author Topic: What Happens Next!- Liverpool FC and FSG  (Read 74070 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: What Happens Next!- Liverpool FC and FSG
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2017, 01:46:20 pm »
Snip
Fantastic read that buddy, thanks for taking the time to put it together. Have no idea how it escaped me when you first posted it up.

I've always said I'll give FSG the benefit of the doubt until I don't. I was all for giving them time to find their feet in unfamiliar surroundings, hoping they'd choose to walk before they could run, seeking gradual improvements period on period rather than some magic elixir. To some extent bringing Suarez in helped them as much as it hindered them, as well as raising the prospects of the team on and off the pitch, it also elevated supporters expectations, creating a spike in an otherwise steady upturn and shortening the leeway many have afforded them from the outset.

This transfer window is the precipice, everything is in place, should we fail to secure Klopp's first/second choice targets going into next season as understaffed as the last and/or end up with net neutral spend then that will be the turning point for me and FSG. It will signal their absolute intent to continue to run us as a business and nothing more, at which point the fans should seek new custodians.

But we're still not at that point yet and I firmly believe they will prove the naysayers wrong this window. Time will tell.

Offline P_thy

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2017, 09:58:58 pm »
Really good read that, thanks for posting!

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2017, 07:28:11 pm »
Great post mate.  I rarely read a post of that length to the end, but that is special.  Great insight and it appears that you posted it through FSG's letterbox after the events of this week ;D.  Have a funny feeling in 12 months time, this post could be seen as one of the most forward-thinking of all time on RAWK.  Let's hope so. :scarf
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #83 on: September 1, 2017, 07:11:12 pm »
E2K not wanting to ask for much but would love a follow up.

Now that the window is shut and all.

Not asking. *Coughs* 😉

Offline Philby

• Main Stander
  • Where were you in Istanbul?
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2020, 07:30:39 am »

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2020, 01:07:32 pm »
FSG to go public and sell a percentage?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKL1N2H1014
interesting that Billy Beanie is co-chairman of RedBall who may take a stake of 25% in FSG if it goes ahead
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline chrisathomedawgs

• Boys Pen
    • Homedawg Hunter
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2021, 01:16:30 am »
Yo, I'm loving this forum.  That was a great read.  I could read your stuff all day.  I'm looking forward to this game, I'm in Canada, and I'm sick of hockey..  ;D

Offline adamsmitt

• Boys Pen
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2021, 09:57:12 am »
Nice thread, thanks for sharing that.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2021, 04:30:09 pm »
FSG to go public and sell a percentage?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKL1N2H1014

https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status/1365331987406479360

Breaking: RedBird Capital is nearing a deal to acquire 10% of Fenway Sports group for $750M.

Fenway Sports Group owns the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool FC.

(Details via
@Sportico
)
looks like you may have been right

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2021, 04:42:52 pm »
And the club needs to be "sustainable", while the owners pockets the increase in value.. great
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2021, 04:48:14 pm »
And the club needs to be "sustainable", while the owners pockets the increase in value.. great
who knows.
Maybe it might be invested into transfers

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2021, 06:50:23 am »
who knows.

You know now..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline LondonLFCFan

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2022, 04:21:59 am »
who knows.

I like FSG for bailing us out from Hicks and bringing us the PL, CL, and WC trophies. I am and always have been a LFC supporter. YNWA. FSG brought in a great coach and Klopp brought us up into the Top 4. We needed some great players, and got Van Dijk and Alisson. That gave us a team to win trophies.

But we need to go up another level, and need some more great players to get us at the level of serial winners. Liverpool should be the club that all teams fear as serial trophy winners. Salah shares our plight and want us to win trophies. We need to sign top players, not cheap deals and hope it works out.

Hear the fans at the match ? So frustrating for us supporters. Strongest LFC lineup can't even score against 10 men Arsenal. Man of the match goes to Ben White. This is not a performance of serial winners.

#FSG never spend a penny from their pockets, Klopp has to do wonders on the market to stay competitive. They are a total disgrace. Even the likes of Arsenal and Villa are spending more while we are paying 30 mil on installments. We bought VVD and Alison because we sold Coutinho for over 100 mil. They have nothing to do with the trophies, that's on Klopp, Edwards and the boys and us LFC fans. #YNWA

And the money from PL and CL is being reinvested in the stadium upgrade.  Have FSG actually invested in the club's infrastructure where it matters ? US owners are only interested in profits. #JohnHenry #FSG only reinvest into buildings, and international marketing of the LFC brand to grow the commercial value of the club.

So when John Henry and FSG wants to sell it, they will be able to sell it at a hefty price and walk away with a hugh profit for their initial layout. Profits, profits and profits.

If we happen to win a few more trophies, so much better for them. They are not actually investing in the club's infrastructure where it matters. Where it matters is on the field and our players ? Where it matters for us fans to be serial winners ?

No one is bigger than our #LFC. Not even #FSG or #JohnHenry. We just want them to know we are not blind or drunk on our 2019 and 2020 success. We need to let FSG know that we want to keep Salah and bring in better players to keep on winning.

But we all know FSG only respond to protest. Right from the very beginning, at the time when they wanted to put up ticket prices.

If FSG cannot see the plight of us supporters, we should make some noise. Maybe then FSG can hear us. Make some noise. Help Klopp, help the players, help our team, help the fans, and help our club.

#YNWA
We are in good hands now under Klopp and FSG. Fantastic time as LFC supporter. Exciting times !

We will never forget you Mr Rafa Benitez for what you have done for us. Thank you.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=256378.msg6822596#msg6822596

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=293625.msg10340260#msg1034

Offline vividcharles

• Boys Pen
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2022, 04:03:54 pm »
Did Liverpool won? With recent pandemic is the soccer matches in Europe happening?