Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1758007 times)

Offline Beerbelly

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Let's Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #8840 on: November 19, 2017, 01:01:03 pm »
your all just potificating stuck in the 90’s 00’s telling people how it was no music was played in 70s and 80s it just happen. My take,shut the fuck up and stop critising it gets boring, change it or shut the fuck up typing bollocks on internet gets tiedious. Go do it people will follow if they dont fuck them finish dont type on here abour too early too late, too many day trippers its being going on for years and is boring, stale and old. just fucking do and dont  tell me your shy because no one sing next to you. years ago i would stand in home end when we away and sing what i want. like i say do it or stop moaning simple. boring twats talking about YNWA played too early you are the actual tourists or you would do your own thing. times have changed call a spade a spade or dont compare to 30 years ago. your all experts on creating a fuckin atmosphere but never been in one. when it happens you will create it not type about it. rant over. come on red men....

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #8841 on: November 19, 2017, 01:20:16 pm »
your all just potificating stuck in the 90’s 00’s telling people how it was no music was played in 70s and 80s it just happen. My take,shut the fuck up and stop critising it gets boring, change it or shut the fuck up typing bollocks on internet gets tiedious. Go do it people will follow if they dont fuck them finish dont type on here abour too early too late, too many day trippers its being going on for years and is boring, stale and old. just fucking do and dont  tell me your shy because no one sing next to you. years ago i would stand in home end when we away and sing what i want. like i say do it or stop moaning simple. boring twats talking about YNWA played too early you are the actual tourists or you would do your own thing. times have changed call a spade a spade or dont compare to 30 years ago. your all experts on creating a fuckin atmosphere but never been in one. when it happens you will create it not type about it. rant over. come on red men....

:o

Wow. What a load of shite. Yeah the 100 or so of us on here who are spread out across the ground will stop the thousands from turning up to their seats 2 mins before kickoff, or stop thousands deserting the team when there's 10 mins to go? How about we all start singing YNWA at the kick off after the whole ground has just sang it 10 minutes earlier because some idiot played it on the tannoy when there was nobody on the pitch? Maybe us 100 or so can physically stop the thousands of idiots who leave their seats to get a pie & beer at 40 mins and return at 48mins because if we're all stood across the ground singing on our own then they'll all stop in their tracks and think 'yeah, im not going to go for a pie, i'm going to sing a song with these lads!'. Maybe I should personally go around the ground and confiscate every fuckers phone from them so they dont have the temptation to sit on whattsap or facebook instead of singing some songs? That'll work! Or every time we hear someone talking about what they did in the week or what they're going to have for tea we should walk over to where they are and start clapping and shout in their face ' ALL ROUND THE FIELDS OF ANFIELD ROAD!' - Honestly, I think you've cracked it!  ::)
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8842 on: November 19, 2017, 01:26:23 pm »
Oliver Kay has done an excellent piece on match day atmosphere's across the Premier League. Sadly its the Times though, so I can't link it here.
Anyone know where I can find this article without the paywall?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rogerwilco

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8843 on: November 19, 2017, 01:29:24 pm »
I always much preferred YNWA played before the teams came out and when it was still going while they walked onto the pitch. Then some individual player chants, "oh sami sami", "he's big and he's fucking hard" etc etc. The chanting started just a little earlier then. Not that long ago really that it was like that. As far as I remember it was written in the programme or announced at the game that Rafa and the players requested it to be played after they were on the pitch.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #8845 on: November 19, 2017, 03:54:32 pm »

..and breathe.
Fuck i have read that twice & me heads still spinning.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #8846 on: November 19, 2017, 04:11:34 pm »
Um. No. Plenty of people who post on here are regulars. Plenty of people who post on here put their money where their mouths are. Yes, there are plenty of "boring twats" on this particular part of the internet but this is just one of many places where the emotive topic is being discussed - there's still plenty of passion left in this place - I admire yours and your frustration is palpable but please direct it appropriately.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:13:49 pm by 24/7 »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #8847 on: November 19, 2017, 05:01:14 pm »

Can't spell, awful grammar and your prose is a joke. Call yourself a fan! Pffffft.

If you want to get the mighty Anfield Road ultra fans making some noise, why not get some of those guys that Europe Ultras have with the public hailers, to get you guys singing those deff songs. Do this and we're opening whoop ass on those manchester and london ultras.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8848 on: November 19, 2017, 05:51:04 pm »
'kin hell Beerbelly lad!
That's top-drawer stream of consciousness....not sure about your grammar mind.
What did you use, boggle translator?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8849 on: November 19, 2017, 08:17:16 pm »
A few stories of stewards acting right bellends yesterday.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8850 on: November 19, 2017, 08:39:30 pm »

Seen a video on weirdbook of someone getting turfed out of upper main for standing up and taking pictures. He was on the very back row. The video says he's not an English speaker. Some Scouse lad tries to stand up for him and got turfed along with him.

https://twitter.com/lfchughm/status/932278011243704323

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #8851 on: November 19, 2017, 08:55:17 pm »
Atmosphere wasn't bad in the Anny Road yesterday. Was some funny chat with the Saints fans at least.

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #8852 on: November 19, 2017, 09:33:16 pm »
Seen a video on weirdbook of someone getting turfed out of upper main for standing up and taking pictures. He was on the very back row. The video says he's not an English speaker. Some Scouse lad tries to stand up for him and got turfed along with him.

What the f*** is that about?

Surely there is more to it than taking a few photos.....surely?!?!

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8853 on: November 19, 2017, 09:45:11 pm »

I know the stewards have a tough job in certain situations and there are people on this site who have been stewards but 'some' of the people that steward our matches are utter, utter gobshites and total jobsworths.

There are some that are genuinely there to keep us safe and there are those who are utter control freaks and look for any excuse whatsoever to march up the steps to tell someone what to do. What that steward's done there has happened simply because the guy is a power driven, stubborn twat. The guy was on the back row and not harming anyone. People can walk up and down the stairs all game if they want to and nobody would say a thing. Stand up still in one position and that's dangerous? Jump around and fall on top of people when a goal goes in and that's fine. It's a bullshit scenario. To let that situation escalate that far is just pathetic and he should feel utterly ashamed of himself. He deserves every piece of negativity that's thrown his way now that video has gone viral.

We've been in U9 for European games this season and the steward there comes walking up and down the steps telling people to sit down on a fucking corner! Ball come in, everyone stands up. Ball goes out for corner, sit down. Ball comes in, stand up. Goes outwide, its 'shall we stay up, shall we sit down?'. Now we're all in this crouched position not wanting to act too excited about the prospect of scoring a goal because some no mark will tell me to sit down and shut the fuck up. They wonder why people kick off? Unless someone's persistently standing in the middle of a block and obstructing the view of another, then stop being a dickhead and just let it go.

I've had murder with the guy in 304 for the 'smaller' games because I was told to sit down in row 68 on the stairway and I refused because everyone on the other side of the stairway was able to stand (305) and those behind me were standing. Why walk up the stairs 30 rows just to be a bellend? Some just get a kick out of it. Here's the hilarious part, I mentioned 'smaller' games because the very next fucking game was against Spurs and the same steward was there to see the whole of 304 stood up, but did nothing. I know people will say 'that's just how it is' and i'm fully aware of that, but its just pure nonsense.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8854 on: November 19, 2017, 09:46:39 pm »
What the f*** is that about?

Surely there is more to it than taking a few photos.....surely?!?!

Do you think the lads around him would have stuck up for him and reacted the way they did if there was anything more to it? It honestly doesn't surprise me one bit.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8855 on: November 19, 2017, 09:47:18 pm »
There were a number of similar incidents from what I've read.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8856 on: November 19, 2017, 11:15:19 pm »
I've had murder with the guy in 304 ...

Haven't seen the notorious bald steward for a few games, and the stewarding noticeably improved for about three games.  Until, that is, yesterday.  There's a new steward -- the one with a beard -- who was on a mission.  He decided that people in 304 up to row 58 had to sit down but from row 59 back was ok.

Sad thing is, even without being told to, lots are trying to sit down anyway.  Ever since loads of seasies were relocated into the 50s and 60s (rows I mean), the atmosphere has been killed.   It's just a different type of person in the Kop now.

The only exception is the back few 15 rows where chants start and die, unheard by anyone outside of the Kop.  I don't think it's any coincidence that these are where the Members's sale seats are concentrated.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8857 on: November 19, 2017, 11:19:29 pm »
From the middle of the Main stand I could hear the Gary Macca song getting an airing. Was my first game in ages yesterday, for a Saturday 3pm game which turned out as a fairly stress free routine win I thought it wasn’t so bad. I used to go regularly in the late 90s, early 2000s and there weee plenty of run of the mill games then too where things felt a bit flat. It’s easy to hark back to better times but not every game back then was a cauldron either.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8858 on: November 19, 2017, 11:57:11 pm »
Haven't seen the notorious bald steward for a few games,

Yep, that's him  :wanker

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8859 on: November 20, 2017, 01:33:03 am »
Really strange atmosphere yesterday.

The Kop were really quiet. It's like we don't know what to do with 3 O'Clock kickoffs.

Don't think people leaving early was any different than normal. Same nutters strolling out with 10-15 minutes to go. I'll never understand it.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #8860 on: November 20, 2017, 09:26:44 am »
This happened back of the Main Stand Saturday ...

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8861 on: November 20, 2017, 09:04:13 pm »
Liverpool are to look into ways of allowing young people to sit together at Anfield on matchdays at the request of the club’s new ticket availability forum.

The inaugural meeting of the forum took place on Saturday with a wide range of issues being discussed relating to three main agenda topics – the Members sale, away tickets and young supporters.

Attended by eight forum members, either in person or via conference call, and six representatives from the club, including chief executive Peter Moore, the meeting lasted for two hours and took place ahead of Liverpool’s home game against Southampton.

The discussion about young supporters was preceded by a presentation by Paul Milne, Liverpool’s safeguarding and assurance manager, who outlined the challenges faced by all Premier League clubs when it comes to safeguarding children and explained why Liverpool do not allow unaccompanied children under the age of 16 to attend games.

Within that context, forum members contended that while safeguarding has to be a priority the club needs to be more imaginative and creative when it comes to allowing children and young people to sit together at Anfield in the belief that such an improve could have a positive effect on the atmosphere.

Two predominant ideas emerged from the ensuing discussion. The first was to create a seated area where children can congregate with parents and guardians seated around them rather than next to them. The second was to designate a section on the Kop where young adults, such as those from Spion Kop 1906, who want to drive atmosphere can sit together.

Both ideas were welcomed by the club officials present and will be examined as part of an ongoing review into ticketing issues. Phil Dutton, head of ticketing and hospitality, admitted that both suggestions are not without challenges, particularly as each would require existing season ticket holders to accept their seats being moved, but there was a collective commitment to consider the proposals fully.

More here

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/281744-fans-forum-gets-off-to-positive-start

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8862 on: November 20, 2017, 10:48:39 pm »
Bit of progress maybe? Safeguarding issues is bollocks though

Offline JimmyRangles

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8863 on: November 20, 2017, 11:15:54 pm »
Quickly forgotten eh how that pre-match ritual of the Kop trying to get thro the individual songs prior to kickoff,that interaction/wave would have defo given them a boost.
Sorely miss seeing the Kenny vs 'Keeper close up sharpness drill ritual pre-match too.

It's these small little comments that keep me browsing over Rawk. :D It's like I need a fix of the good old days, the memories; like I'm not the only one who pines and whimpers at the loss.

Roy crossing to Bruce; whizzing an assortment of balls and fishcakes trying to knock divs off the bars; the inevitable circle as everyone avoided the bevvied up tit having a piss and all slipping on greasy steps. Is right. And the Rosenthal song like a Russian/Jewish wedding, the trumpet, the first goal shreds and Bruce's handjobs. I could go on, I reckon.
Show em yer arse, Digger lad.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8864 on: November 20, 2017, 11:18:32 pm »
Bit of progress maybe? Safeguarding issues is bollocks though

Unfortunately its not bollocks, the amount of red tape around such issues these days is a mine field.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8865 on: November 21, 2017, 08:06:42 am »
Unfortunately its not bollocks, the amount of red tape around such issues these days is a mine field.
I appreciate that but a 14/15 year old lad can’t sit on there own at a game? Sure there wouldn’t be an issue when they pay £50 for an adult ticket

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #8866 on: November 21, 2017, 09:23:18 am »
Hopefully there's a bit of progress there. Who's on the group? I know I saw a few rawk lads on some of the groups can't remember who was in which though.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8867 on: November 21, 2017, 10:33:41 am »
Parts of that article with some numbers. I am surprised at ~2k seats going empty every home game. Also, how the hell are we not able to get the atmosphere going with more than 26k ST holders. Based on these numbers I don't think tourists are the problem, well unless regular goers are selling their tickets.

It would also be interesting to get a similar break up of other PL clubs for comparison.

Confirming that Liverpool have around 120,000 existing Members, the club declared that in the region of 35,000 of those Members are able to purchase tickets each season. It was also revealed that the season ticket churn is less than 200 per year. In terms of the Members sale itself, Phil Dutton said that while the entire allocation was sold in July, the club hadn’t got to that position in a good way due to technical issues.
Various ideas and potential initiatives were put forward and discussed, including a proportion of tickets being sold via a ballot, but as with away tickets the prevailing feeling was that abuses and shortcomings of the existing system must be addressed first. Accepting that position, the club revealed that one of the immediate challenges facing it is how to address a situation in which up to 2,000 seats are being left empty at every home game due to the ticket holder not turning up.
Average Breakdown of Attendance
Figures are based purely on Premier League games only as cup game visitor allocations can vary dramatically; this is relatively consistent.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8868 on: November 21, 2017, 10:40:00 am »
2,000? That is pretty high, it certainly doesn't look that many when in there.

Simple answer - have the stewards identify empty seats in the first 15 minutes of the game, allow local kids/teens in for £5/10 to take those spaces once 15 mins passes.

Although I imagine the club will look to push the return/resell ticket thing they do.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8869 on: November 21, 2017, 10:47:13 am »
Not really connected with the atmosphere at Anfield but saw this on reddit and wanted to share: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/7e940j/i_had_the_privilege_of_experiencing_the/
Basically an experience of the new sensory suite at Anfield
I was asked to a do a bit of a review on the experience I had in the sensory suite from Saturday's game.
Amongst three other staff members I supported four individuals with autism to this game. We were given our own parking space in the Kenny Dalglish stand where we were able to park and go straight in. We were advised that we wouldn't be able to come back out once we went in so we opted to go to the club shop first.
When we did eventually go in we went up the lift and emerged in a corridor full of incredibly welcoming, smiley (and attractive) staff from Anfield. We were escorted along the corridor past all of the executive boxes to our own suite which was at the very end, in the corner of the KD stand and Anfield Road.
The room was a good size and had it's own toilets, seats next to the viewing window, two tables and chairs and some sensory equipment (pictured below). Apparently it was used before as a suite for former LFC players to watch the game.
https://imgur.com/gallery/YgFs1
We were given a menu which was the same menu as your standard food stall in the ground, pies, hotdogs etc. and told this would be complimentary as well as any soft drinks we wanted. We ordered before kick off and our food was brought to us at half time which was perfect.
There was a control on the wall to alter how much of the crowd you could hear. This wasn't working on the day but it was set at the lowest which suited us as we were with a gentleman who was particularly sensitive to noise. On this setting we could still hear the crowd cheering and singing but at a massive reduction in volume.
The temperature of the room was pretty spot on throughout but there was a thermostat there in case we felt the need to adjust it, certain individuals may be heat sensitive but in our case everyone was comfortable.
The adjustable sound and heat are great ideas once they're both fully functioning. I suggested they put some sort of stereo in there to play background music on in case the lowest crowd volume isn't low enough. The actual sensory equipment was minimal, a beanbag, a sensory tube and the sensory wiring connecting them was the full extent of the specialist equipment but I know for a fact they're not cheap and they're also not as popular with those with autism as you might think. Although none of the individuals I supported showed much interest in the equipment, a young lad with autism came in with his dad shortly into the game and he got a great deal of benefit out of the equipment.
His dad explained to me that they had been seated in the new disabled section in the KD stand for the last few games but had missed almost everything of each game as his lad would keep requesting to go to the toilet. Once they joined us in the sensory room his dad seemed delighted with his son's reaction, although there were toilets there, he spent some time playing with the sensory equipment, some time at the table and even some time watching the match out the window. As well as his son's match day experience improving, it must have been a great relief for him to be able to relax a bit more whilst at the game.
On the whole, everyone who attended had a great time. We had a short wait once we got back in the minibus before we could leave due to the police controlling the crowd flow, but once again the staff in the car park, were incredibly helpful and informative.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8870 on: November 21, 2017, 10:52:01 am »
Does anyone want to tell her the volume control probably was working and set to the maximum volume  :-\ ;D

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
« Reply #8871 on: November 21, 2017, 03:32:59 pm »
To be fair, those c*nts were giving him stick from the off and we just sat there saying fuck all for the most part.

This playing of YNWA before the players enter the pitch needs to stop. Quite frankly, it's a shit idea and needs to be knocked on the head.

Nice banner floating down the Annie Road end before the kick-off. First time I've seen that.

Overall, it was better than Huddersfield, but really, a near empty stadium would've toppled the atmosphere on that day.

I've been saying for a while that we need to go back to singing YNWA before the players come out, Must be terrifying for the opposition players to hear it when the stadium is bouncing just like it shit Chelsea up in those semis,
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #8872 on: November 21, 2017, 10:04:19 pm »
That’s how you create an atmosphere....I won’t expect that at anfield against Spartak from half our fans

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8873 on: November 23, 2017, 09:39:34 am »
Parts of that article with some numbers. I am surprised at ~2k seats going empty every home game. Also, how the hell are we not able to get the atmosphere going with more than 26k ST holders. Based on these numbers I don't think tourists are the problem, well unless regular goers are selling their tickets.

It would also be interesting to get a similar break up of other PL clubs for comparison.

Just look at the amount of people who offload their STs in the spare forum and on Twitter. One game I went to, I picked up a spare off a lad and he had a bout 9 or 10 other STs in his little wallet. It was all face value, but when I was first living over there I had people offer me their ST for games and wanting to charge me £150. There seems to be plenty out there who only have their STs as a mini business to make cash off tourists.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8874 on: November 23, 2017, 06:51:57 pm »
Just look at the amount of people who offload their STs in the spare forum and on Twitter. One game I went to, I picked up a spare off a lad and he had a bout 9 or 10 other STs in his little wallet. It was all face value, but when I was first living over there I had people offer me their ST for games and wanting to charge me £150. There seems to be plenty out there who only have their STs as a mini business to make cash off tourists.
But if they are face value there isn’t much money in it is there? Maybe people just don’t want to go anymore but don’t want to lose the seasie they waited 20 years for?

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8875 on: November 24, 2017, 08:55:57 am »
But if they are face value there isn’t much money in it is there? Maybe people just don’t want to go anymore but don’t want to lose the seasie they waited 20 years for?

I'm telling you now, because I've witnessed it 1st hand, these people aren't selling their tickets for face value, especially not to people coming from abroad

Tickets for games against the big boys can go for £200+ from these sellers and even for games against the likes of Burnley they'll sell for £70/£80 a pop

This is the biggest issue for me. People who have countless season tickets in their possession either for the sole reason of selling them off to make some money or because they've inherited them some way and don't want to lose them

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8876 on: November 24, 2017, 09:47:56 am »
I'm telling you now, because I've witnessed it 1st hand, these people aren't selling their tickets for face value, especially not to people coming from abroad

Tickets for games against the big boys can go for £200+ from these sellers and even for games against the likes of Burnley they'll sell for £70/£80 a pop

This is the biggest issue for me. People who have countless season tickets in their possession either for the sole reason of selling them off to make some money or because they've inherited them some way and don't want to lose them

Dead easy to get tickets if you've got the dosh. Just googled the Derby next month, cheapest ticket £120 in the KD Stand.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8877 on: November 24, 2017, 11:55:27 am »

The average age of a season ticket holder at Anfield is pushing 50.  Atmosphere comes from the youth primarily.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8878 on: November 25, 2017, 09:28:52 am »

Yep, I've heard stories of friends selling their season ticket for £2,000 to American fans for the Man City and Chelsea games in 2014 and these are lads that go every week and simply couldn't refuse. Who is going to say no to that kind of money?

The average age of a season ticket holder at Anfield is pushing 50.  Atmosphere comes from the youth primarily.

https://ok.ru/video/375848372927

This is a fascinating documentary about Anfield's atmosphere. But go to 5:30 and you'll see that the older supporters couldn't be arsed contributing to the atmosphere in the 60s either, and look at the Kop. 90% youth.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:32:23 am by OzBomber »

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8879 on: November 25, 2017, 12:03:21 pm »

/snip

https://ok.ru/video/375848372927

This is a fascinating documentary about Anfield's atmosphere. But go to 5:30 and you'll see that the older supporters couldn't be arsed contributing to the atmosphere in the 60s either, and look at the Kop. 90% youth.

Dead true that. In the Panorama clip, my Dad's the feller with specs getting buffeted around in the swaying Kop next to his mate Eddie in the flat cap. Wasn't long after that he moved full-time to the Paddock and then the Main.

It was a natural progression that has been knocked on the head by seated tickets for life for folk that in the old days would have moved to the Kemlyn or the Main. It's a logjam of massive proportions forcing youngsters all over the ground rather than together in the Kop and the quieter/older pockets disrupting the enthusiasm and the singing that should be coming from there.

The Club need to offer a discount as an incentive to S/T holders to swap their Kop seat for the Main. But of course, that costs money ...  ::)