Author Topic: Premier League suspended until safe to resume  (Read 160420 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Premier League suspended until 30th April
« Reply #1600 on: March 27, 2020, 11:58:28 pm »
Thanks to you lovely people who commented on my post.  :)

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #1601 on: March 28, 2020, 12:04:34 am »
Meaning....?

Sorry I’m drunk and tired, you’ll have to spell it out.

Meaning, contrary to what many thought, the money will continue to matter. For example, there probably won't be a point where they arrive at a (least worst) option and say 'ok, we'll do it even if it's a financial shit show'.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1602 on: March 28, 2020, 12:19:25 am »
Given the way this pandemic is trending, I just don't see how we (and by we I basically mean the whole world) can return to even a portion of the normality we enjoyed and took for granted before this bastard hit just even a month ago any time soon. It'll take months before countries flatten out their curves (or whatever terms are being used now) and even longer before things can truly go back to normal for fear of a second wave of this thing. I just don't see football returning any time soon. Not this summer, and probably not even this fall.

The Premier League will have some very difficult choices to make in the upcoming months. Will this season be played out? If so, what happens with next season? And etc, etc. I guess nobody can really know. It's all very disheartening.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1603 on: March 28, 2020, 12:24:47 am »
The season will be completed for contractual issues. It was made clear to the Premier League that the 2.4 billion in TV money will have to be refunded if not completed.  Given this thing will linger for at least 12 months, it'll most likely be behind closed doors. Anything else coming out is simply clickbaiting by journo's.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1604 on: March 28, 2020, 12:36:13 am »
The season will be completed for contractual issues. It was made clear to the Premier League that the 2.4 billion in TV money will have to be refunded if not completed.  Given this thing will linger for at least 12 months, it'll most likely be behind closed doors. Anything else coming out is simply clickbaiting by journo's.

With something as serious as this, even contractual issues fly out the window. I mean, how can you know? Never did I think that movement within my own city would be restricted just a few weeks ago. Or that millions of people would lose their jobs due to total lockdowns and things of that nature. Nobody can make anything clear at this point in time.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: March 28, 2020, 12:44:49 am »
It's only baffling if we overlook the clear agendas at work. Acknowledge the obvious agendas, and it makes perfect sense.

Let the morons go after the straw man all they want.

Well said mate.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1606 on: March 28, 2020, 12:53:05 am »
It's only baffling if we overlook the clear agendas at work. Acknowledge the obvious agendas, and it makes perfect sense.

Funny enough, the ones who seem to be overlooking the global tragedy and endlessly banging on about football to excess are the ones who want to void it. Not because it's the right thing to do either. But because doing so would suit them, and a global catastrophe will be used by them in order to save themselves from their own mediocrity and failure. Basically, it's shameless opportunism on a grotesque level.

I agree with you and Jm55. As far as priorities are concerned, football is very low on the list just now for the overwhelming majority of people. I barely even think of the game itself at the moment, but it's still important to me. As Klopp said, it's the most important of the unimportant things just now. I'm not worried for myself, but I'm very concerned about vulnerable loved ones and vulnerable people in general just now. My anxiety levels are at a constant high, as they are for most other people out there.

Thing is, if this bastard virus was all we focused on then we'd be completely overwhelmed. Because of this, we also need to bring a little light relief into our day too. We need a positive focus outside of all the chaos and madness that is daily life in the current crisis. Viktor E. Frankl survived Auschwitz. He was a Psychiatrist in life before the war. He observed the mentalities and outlooks of those who escaped the 'selection process' and also survived Auschwitz. He found that the ones who used to look forward to all the little things they'd do once they were liberated tended to survive. Those who believed they were doomed, basically sealed their own fate by giving up.

The lesson I take from the above is that even in the face of unspeakable horror, your focus can also wander onto what would, in that situation, be seen as triviality. It's not an either/or situation. In fact, looking forward to positive, better days ahead can be what gets us through the very challenging present. Our daily worries are still very real and very challenging, and we do what we can to deal with them as best as we can, but without an outlet for the stress and anxiety, we'd implode mentally. Some will talk football, others cars, music, art etc... The list of 'trivialities' is endless, but they are important for our mental wellbeing.

Idiots will always delight in constructing a straw man that they can attack. For many, that straw man wears a Liverpool scarf, and is dismissive of the global tragedy unfolding all around him whilst he has nothing to worry over other than lifting a shiny pot. The reality is the straw man doesn't really exist. We are all worried, many are scared, and our priorities are negotiating our way through this horrific pandemic with our health and the health of our loved ones intact. Talking football is just a distraction just now, and acts as a safety valve more than anything else. It helps make some room in our heads for something other than worry and anxiety.

Funny really, I cut the lawn the other day, because it still matters. I marvelled at the night sky with a beautiful crescent moon rising with Venus shining above it. I felt happy after seeing our frog appear in the garden pond for the first time this year just the other night. You see, these things still matter, even if they are not No1 priority in life at the moment. Funny how I'm not getting criticised over that, but if, as a Liverpool fan, I talk about football and the title I'd be criticised for ''focusing on the trivial when we are facing a global crisis.''

When you give up on the little things, what have you got left in life? In dark times, looking forward to better days can get you through. Chances are, 95+% of our day is taken up with getting through this horrible mess. If we manage to distract ourselves for the other 5% then our mental wellbeing will benefit for it.

That is just a phenomenal piece of writing.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: March 28, 2020, 01:02:46 am »

Funny enough, the ones who seem to be overlooking the global tragedy and endlessly banging on about football to excess are the ones who want to void it. Not because it's the right thing to do either. But because doing so would suit them, and a global catastrophe will be used by them in order to save themselves from their own mediocrity and failure. Basically, it's shameless opportunism on a grotesque level.

I agree with you and Jm55. As far as priorities are concerned, football is very low on the list just now for the overwhelming majority of people. I barely even think of the game itself at the moment, but it's still important to me. As Klopp said, it's the most important of the unimportant things just now. I'm not worried for myself, but I'm very concerned about vulnerable loved ones and vulnerable people in general just now. My anxiety levels are at a constant high, as they are for most other people out there.

Thing is, if this bastard virus was all we focused on then we'd be completely overwhelmed. Because of this, we also need to bring a little light relief into our day too. We need a positive focus outside of all the chaos and madness that is daily life in the current crisis. Viktor E. Frankl survived Auschwitz. He was a Psychiatrist in life before the war. He observed the mentalities and outlooks of those who escaped the 'selection process' and also survived Auschwitz. He found that the ones who used to look forward to all the little things they'd do once they were liberated tended to survive. Those who believed they were doomed, basically sealed their own fate by giving up.

The lesson I take from the above is that even in the face of unspeakable horror, your focus can also wander onto what would, in that situation, be seen as triviality. It's not an either/or situation. In fact, looking forward to positive, better days ahead can be what gets us through the very challenging present. Our daily worries are still very real and very challenging, and we do what we can to deal with them as best as we can, but without an outlet for the stress and anxiety, we'd implode mentally. Some will talk football, others cars, music, art etc... The list of 'trivialities' is endless, but they are important for our mental wellbeing.

Idiots will always delight in constructing a straw man that they can attack. For many, that straw man wears a Liverpool scarf, and is dismissive of the global tragedy unfolding all around him whilst he has nothing to worry over other than lifting a shiny pot. The reality is the straw man doesn't really exist. We are all worried, many are scared, and our priorities are negotiating our way through this horrific pandemic with our health and the health of our loved ones intact. Talking football is just a distraction just now, and acts as a safety valve more than anything else. It helps make some room in our heads for something other than worry and anxiety.

Funny really, I cut the lawn the other day, because it still matters. I marvelled at the night sky with a beautiful crescent moon rising with Venus shining above it. I felt happy after seeing our frog appear in the garden pond for the first time this year just the other night. You see, these things still matter, even if they are not No1 priority in life at the moment. Funny how I'm not getting criticised over that, but if, as a Liverpool fan, I talk about football and the title I'd be criticised for ''focusing on the trivial when we are facing a global crisis.''

When you give up on the little things, what have you got left in life? In dark times, looking forward to better days can get you through. Chances are, 95+% of our day is taken up with getting through this horrible mess. If we manage to distract ourselves for the other 5% then our mental wellbeing will benefit for it.

*slow clap*

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1608 on: March 28, 2020, 01:20:44 am »

Great post 👍
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1609 on: March 28, 2020, 02:25:30 am »
There was always likely to be this sort of chat in the weeks/months before we get football back. At the end of the day, the arguments to finish this season, whenever that may be, before starting next season are far more compelling than cancelling what's happened this season to start next. Those arguments will prevail, we'll just need to put up with a lot of noise from journalists, pundits and opposing fans in the meantime.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #1610 on: March 28, 2020, 05:31:44 am »
I feel the league won’t be completed and we’ll be handed the title (when I say handed we were 1/1000 when it was postponed) as that’s the easiest option for the Premier League and the rest of leagues will stay as they are .
If it was completely null and voided that would be it for me as far as football is concerned as I don’t think I’d have the heart to emotionally invest in it again.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1611 on: March 28, 2020, 05:51:38 am »
James Pearce
STAFF
17h ago
It’s certainly not all over. That article reflects the personal views of a couple of executives at certain clubs. Most PL clubs still very much in favour of completing this season when it’s safe to do so

https://theathletic.com/1702214/2020/03/27/liverpool-title-nike-new-balance/

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: March 28, 2020, 06:43:56 am »
James Pearce
STAFF
17h ago
It’s certainly not all over. That article reflects the personal views of a couple of executives at certain clubs. Most PL clubs still very much in favour of completing this season when it’s safe to do so

Good pick up. It's also worth pointing out that journalists are going to publish explosive stories where they can at the moment. I'm not accusing Ornstein of acting immorally but it makes sense from a journalistic perspective for him to write a story about the contact that says the league should be null and void, rather than a story saying "the vast majority of clubs still agree with the agreement they came to last week."

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1613 on: March 28, 2020, 09:24:41 am »
Who knows where we will be in a months time, it wont be normal of course but things will loosen up as the situation in China testifies. If games are behind closed doors that would work, however it requires discipline from fans to stay away. I dont know how that can happen, people are people and will be everywhere a game is happening.

Even if Liverpool were sitting 5th or 6th in league Id still be angry if it was wiped out, no game from that point forth would be fair. There is no way an almost entire season is wiped out of history. It will return, have at least until June/July to figure out a plan surely.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1614 on: March 28, 2020, 09:49:23 am »
The testing kits that will enable people to test and have an answer within 15 mins will be the game changer, especially if games are to be played behind closed doors. Having a squad tested on the day amd clearing a team to play and isolate from that point on until the game would be one way of getting through the games safely.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #1615 on: March 28, 2020, 09:52:08 am »

Couldn't agree more
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1616 on: March 28, 2020, 09:59:09 am »
James Pearce
STAFF
17h ago

One week after “the message is clear, the 2019-20 season will finish” a couple of executives at certain clubs, who obviously disagreed with the decision, have decided to go behind the backs of the Premier League and the other clubs, yet again, to try and sway public opinion to their benefit by using their journo mates who are bored and having nothing else to write about.  How very tiresome.

It’s still only March, we’ll go round this loop several more times before any potential restart date.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #1617 on: March 28, 2020, 10:13:52 am »
It’s still only March, we’ll go round this loop several more times before any potential restart date.
Exactly.

For so long as it is practically, and financially, viable to complete this season that is what will happen. If it isn't, it won't happen.

The integrity of the 19/20 campaign is compromised anyway. Players who were injured, have time to come back, distorting results ( Spurs). Form will be distorted as momentum is lost ( leeds fans must be cacking it), and gained, and that is before the issue of out of contract players is wrestled with.

The 20/21 season has been impacted anyway with the Euro 20 move, any lost games ( the Cups being suspended/ truncated) will impact on next years TV income. The Olympics and Africa Nations will also come into play too for next season. The climax to the 19/20 season does not exist in a bubble.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1618 on: March 28, 2020, 10:40:55 am »
With something as serious as this, even contractual issues fly out the window.

Erm, no they don't

The whole point of legally binding contracts is to ensure that agreements remain water-tight regardless of circumstance

There are really only 2 options available to the PL here:

Option A is to refund the TV money, which would be an enormous financial blow given that match day revenue has ceased everywhere

Option B is to fulfil the obligations of the contracts and resume the campaign when it is deemed safe to do so

My guess is they will go with option B.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1619 on: March 28, 2020, 10:50:37 am »
One week after “the message is clear, the 2019-20 season will finish” a couple of executives at certain clubs, who obviously disagreed with the decision, have decided to go behind the backs of the Premier League and the other clubs, yet again, to try and sway public opinion to their benefit by using their journo mates who are bored and having nothing else to write about.  How very tiresome.

These executives are in charge of clubs who think they might lose the TV money anyway as they may be relegated. If they cancel the season they get next season's money which they wouldn't otherwise get so it makes no difference to them.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #1620 on: March 28, 2020, 11:00:58 am »
Erm, no they don't

The whole point of legally binding contracts is to ensure that agreements remain water-tight regardless of circumstance

Option A is to refund the TV money, which would be an enormous financial blow given that match day revenue has ceased everywhere

Option B is to fulfil the obligations of the contracts and resume the campaign when it is deemed safe to do so

Option B is more nuanced than you suggest. The contract is for a set number of games in a set number of competitions.

If by playing out the old season, you lose as many, or more TV games in the new season, everyone loses.

At the simplest level, a TV company that has paid for nine PL games in the 19/20 season that are not played, simply has the first nine of the 20/21 season instead.

Because the Euro 21 competition provides a hard backstop to that season,  the longer the hiatus , the more TV games in 20/21 are compromised. Already it is hard to see how the July CL qualifiers will be played on time.

On the up side some pretty innovative solutions to play games and one off competitions are possible if a full 20/21 league campaign proves impossible.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 11:06:56 am by whiteboots »

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #1621 on: March 28, 2020, 11:03:31 am »
It's only baffling if we overlook the clear agendas at work.

In professional football there only ever is one predominant agenda - money.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1622 on: March 28, 2020, 11:26:51 am »
basically the games will be behind closed doors so clubs miss out on revenue and the players will have to take pay cuts to compensate

This season won't be too costly in that respect. We've got 4 home games left (some clubs might have 5) so that's not a great deal of lost revenue.

If most of next season has to be behind closed doors then that's a different story.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #1623 on: March 28, 2020, 11:32:24 am »
basically the games will be behind closed doors so clubs miss out on revenue and the players will have to take pay cuts to compensate

It is difficult to see how it would be safe to play a game behind closed doors - but unsafe for spectators.

Furthermore, postponement because of Virus scares would likely stymie any effort to do so.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1624 on: March 28, 2020, 11:39:01 am »
Personally as long as we are awarded with the league, be it a curtailed season or playing it behind closed doors then I dont really mind. We have effectively won the league so I dont need convincing that the league was anything but deserved.

Once that 18 count turns to 19 then that is all that matters to me. I know most fans want a parade or want to be there but at this time beggars cannot be choosers. Get the league that we have deservedly won and job done.

The season being cancelled seems absolutely crazy and the idea to expand the Premier League for one season make sense. It awards the achievers and it doesnt punish those who really should have failed.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 11:41:10 am by a treeless whopper »

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #1625 on: March 28, 2020, 11:39:38 am »
FA have just announced they want to complete the Women's league by August..

Got to be good news for us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52056558
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #1626 on: March 28, 2020, 11:48:35 am »
I think this will be taken out of the FAs hands, Government will dictate that sport does not resume until January 2021. I'm a negative cu*t mind
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: March 28, 2020, 11:50:01 am »
Erm, no they don't

Option A would be to refund a fraction of the TV money in relation to he unplayed games and then allow teams to start planning for next season, selling new kits, triggering new sponsorship deals, making transfers both in and out, renewing contracts and getting in all the season ticket money.

There's a large amount of selfish PL clubs who will jump at this option IMO.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #1628 on: March 28, 2020, 11:58:37 am »

Never thought I’d be so happy to read a women’s football story....

Although I wouldn’t mind it being null and voided as Liverpool are in the relegation zone .... :)

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1629 on: March 28, 2020, 12:03:04 pm »
Although I wouldn’t mind it being null and voided as Liverpool are in the relegation zone .... :)
;D
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1630 on: March 28, 2020, 12:22:45 pm »
I think this will be taken out of the FAs hands, Government will dictate that sport does not resume until January 2021. I'm a negative cu*t mind

Mate, June seems to be the buzz date for return to normality for most.

The TV and bookies will be hammering the government right now for when sport can return.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1631 on: March 28, 2020, 12:25:42 pm »
Because of contract obligations I believe all competition will finish one way or the other. A reduced format is still less complicated than calling off the whole competition altogether because the financial implications are massive for the clubs especially for the ones in the relegation zone.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1632 on: March 28, 2020, 12:31:32 pm »
One way or another I can't wait to see the lads again. I'm going to appreciate the fuck out of every last Virgil towering header.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: March 28, 2020, 12:35:45 pm »
Because of contract obligations I believe all competition will finish one way or the other. A reduced format is still less complicated than calling off the whole competition altogether because the financial implications are massive for the clubs especially for the ones in the relegation zone.

I think everyone - tv, bookies, sponsors, clubs, players  and even fans would take behind closed doors finish if we have too now.

The issue would be would Liverpool fans, leeds fans etc go to the ground or or on streets. The answer will be no because we will have a massive party when we are allowed too.

Think come June we should all hopefully be back at work anyway.

I do think that they will be changes that fans can't attend football that over 70's won't be allowed to mass gatherings of any kind.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:09:40 pm by Fordy »

Online Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1634 on: March 28, 2020, 12:36:23 pm »

Good news - really good news, but I'm not sure there is a parallel to be run with the mens game, as - and please don't think this a sexist or controversial thing to say - on a number of levels, getting the WSL done is a whole lot easier than the Premier league

Take crowds for instance: Although spectators at Womens matches have (deservedly) increased, they're still not at the level where the matchday planning (odd exception of course) requires a lot of mobilisation and playing behind closed doors is not as big a blow as it is for the Premier League or professional mens football. This is why I was surprised (and dismayed) at the decision to end football at a certain level of the mens game. They could have finished a lot of those matches when it was safe to do so without much impact, especially as there is no TV money or large crowds involved. The only caveat to that would be that those desperate to see any action could overwhelm those places an cause issues.

Womens football - even at the professional level - does not have the number of ancilliary staff that the mens game has (don't this fact turn into an argument as to whether or not that is right or wrong!) so a lot less people are potentially affected, which makes it easier to set a time. Also there are not that many games left for them so it makes it achievable.

I for one hope that it does complete though for footballing reasons, as I want to see our girls get out the relegation zone and stay up!

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: March 28, 2020, 12:40:24 pm »
I think everyone - tv, bookies, sponsors, clubs, players  and even fans would take behind closed doors finish if we have too now.

The issue would be would Liverpool fans, leeds fans etc go to the ground or or on streets. The answer will be no because we will have a massive party when we are allowed too.

Think come June we should all hopefully be back at work anyway.

I do think that they will be changes we fans can attend football that over 70's won't be allowed to mass gatherings of any kind.

If fans go to the ground then they should be fined heavily/arrested in that scenario. I know that would keep me away.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1636 on: March 28, 2020, 12:43:06 pm »
If fans go to the ground then they should be fined heavily/arrested in that scenario. I know that would keep me away.
I think in this scenario you’d have Jürgen and the players doing video messages every day telling fans to stay away or else the games don’t go ahead. Same at other clubs.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1637 on: March 28, 2020, 12:55:17 pm »
Premier league needs to come out and completely dismiss null and void rubbish rival fans dreaming about.  bad enough we have to deal with corona shit .....listening to these c*nts who wants to exploit it so that their failed club can escape.
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1243822296760025088

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1638 on: March 28, 2020, 01:06:11 pm »
Erm, no they don't

And then there's option C, where government mandated orders trump absolutely everything else and whatever the Premier League may have to say.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: March 28, 2020, 01:09:11 pm »
Premier league needs to come out and completely dismiss null and void rubbish rival fans dreaming about.  bad enough we have to deal with corona shit .....listening to these c*nts who wants to exploit it so that their failed club can escape.
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1243822296760025088

They basically did, last week. They confirmed that they want to finish this season whenever that might occur but they were hoping June. That's fair, that's all they need to say. The rest is just noise. Why you'd feel the need to to share Piers Moron's garbage is beyond me though.