Author Topic: Premier League suspended until safe to resume  (Read 160730 times)

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
Re: Premier League suspended until 30th April
« Reply #1360 on: March 23, 2020, 10:33:05 pm »
Is it morally right that players pocket full wages when the sport is suspended? Many supporters around the world are either working through savings, on reduced wages or no wages due to Coronavirus.

Andy Robbo, amongst many others, has made massive donations to food banks in the last few days
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1361 on: March 23, 2020, 10:41:58 pm »
In my opinion this season isn’t going to start again this side of Christmas. The finish of this season will take the place of next season .

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1362 on: March 23, 2020, 11:21:57 pm »
I don't think anyone has a baldy's notion when we will see football back, its a complete unknown. I've heard people say 5/6 weeks from now, start of June, September/October time or not at all until 2021.
If the best scientific brains in the world dont really know when we can shift the fucker, I doubt the average football fan does.
I've stayed away from sports related TV/Radio the last few days, its just an endless loop of one prick saying to cancel the season, and another saying you can't.
Everyone on here knows and has acknowledged that peoples health is more important that anything in the world, but from a pure footballing point of view, it will lift the spirits of so many people when it does come back, and by christ by the time this is over or at least low scale we will all need it.
Some footballers are cracking human beings by the way and we dont hear the half of it, but some of the stories are great. Henderson, Robertson (although not being made public)  making big donations, Lewondowski's 1 million Euro donation,  Alderweirald donating a ton of electronic devices to hospitals and loads more. Fair play

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1363 on: March 23, 2020, 11:24:38 pm »
You'd love to see it.

Hope this will be the case.

Remain European Champions for 2 years

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1364 on: March 24, 2020, 12:12:00 am »
Imagine the fewm if we finish the league but the CL is cancelled?
But what about the Blue Loonies? They are such sporting, lovable guys - I wouldn't wish that on them.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1365 on: March 24, 2020, 12:12:39 am »
In theory, that is a fair response.

In practice, testing the minimum hundred or so people who would be needed for a match, twice a week, and getting the results back in time would be impossible.

Portsmouth have just had their entire staff tested. Four players have tested positive. They are testing privately, the results are taking over a week, ten are not back yet. None had shown symptoms.

That indicates the scale of the problem.

Iceland have found at least half those tested positive have no symptoms.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #1366 on: March 24, 2020, 05:00:31 am »
That appears to be a particular problem, and a reason why this pandemic may take a long while to curtail.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #1367 on: March 24, 2020, 08:46:35 am »
Unless say 90% of our population gets it and recovers, I don't see how football (and life) can restart until there's a vaccine. For example my elderly parents won't be leaving their house until then.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1368 on: March 24, 2020, 08:55:12 am »
I don't think anyone has a baldy's notion when we will see football back, its a complete unknown. I've heard people say 5/6 weeks from now, start of June, September/October time or not at all until 2021.
If the best scientific brains in the world dont really know when we can shift the fucker, I doubt the average football fan does.
I've stayed away from sports related TV/Radio the last few days, its just an endless loop of one prick saying to cancel the season, and another saying you can't.
Everyone on here knows and has acknowledged that peoples health is more important that anything in the world, but from a pure footballing point of view, it will lift the spirits of so many people when it does come back, and by christ by the time this is over or at least low scale we will all need it.
Some footballers are cracking human beings by the way and we dont hear the half of it, but some of the stories are great. Henderson, Robertson (although not being made public)  making big donations, Lewondowski's 1 million Euro donation,  Alderweirald donating a ton of electronic devices to hospitals and loads more. Fair play

Agree a lot of what's in this post.

At the moment for me its not about guessing about the unknown, its really pointless when nobody knows and certain people will always speak from a biased standpoint. Circle jerk of hell imo. We will win the title....just a little later it seems from what we do know, that's good enough for now.

But i have liked some of the stories coming out about the footballers and what they have been doing....this, if anything, is an opportunity for a lot of them to do a lot of real good. I mean there's a lot of things you can't help right now but some of these elite players have financial muscle that can actually help save lives....or help those that save lives. Would hope to see more of these stories and who knows there may be a shift of that perception of pampered millionaires acting like brats

Clubs on the other hand. Well they can also do good. Let's hope they do.
Character check across the board
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: March 24, 2020, 10:30:40 am »
Unless say 90% of our population gets it and recovers, I don't see how football (and life) can restart until there's a vaccine. For example my elderly parents won't be leaving their house until then.

This is just crazy talk.  They said a reliable vaccine could be a year or so away. You're not going to let your parents stay inside for a year for fuck sakes. Life goes on.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #1370 on: March 24, 2020, 11:45:22 am »
Out of interest, what were the Tesco, Lidl and Asda findings?
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #1371 on: March 24, 2020, 11:46:54 am »
Just to play devil's advocate and not criticising those that feel otherwise but....I hope the Champions League isn't cancelled.  I don't want us to be 2 year holder. Doesn't sound or feel right for me.
I hope that some team can win it and that team and it's supporters can get even half the pleasure we got out of last year. This feels right.

runs for cover...

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1372 on: March 24, 2020, 11:47:35 am »
This is just crazy talk.  They said a reliable vaccine could be a year or so away. You're not going to let your parents stay inside for a year for fuck sakes. Life goes on.

It might sound crazy but it's true. Life goes on, spoken like someone who doesn't give a fuck about old people.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: March 24, 2020, 11:56:30 am »
You may have read what I said but you've clearly not understood it. ;D  :wave

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1374 on: March 24, 2020, 12:07:45 pm »
Just to play devil's advocate and not criticising those that feel otherwise but....I hope the Champions League isn't cancelled.  I don't want us to be 2 year holder. Doesn't sound or feel right for me.
I hope that some team can win it and that team and it's supporters can get even half the pleasure we got out of last year. This feels right.

runs for cover...

we wouldn't be, it'd just be vacated.

couldn't give a shit about other teams and their fans regardless.  Don't give much of a shit about football in general right now either, so there is that!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1375 on: March 24, 2020, 12:26:14 pm »
It might sound crazy but it's true. Life goes on, spoken like someone who doesn't give a fuck about old people.

Do you care about young people?

You do realise that it will be young people paying for all this when the 18-25 can't get a job because we are in a world recession and employment market tougher than ever.

They has to be a point in which we carry on with life and that's not going to be in a year when a vaccine is available.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: March 24, 2020, 12:30:40 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised in the slighest if next March we are only restarting this seasons games. I think the longer it goes on it's highly possible they will look at a scenerio of cancelling next season altogether. It's more or less accepted now that there is to much legal mumbo jumbo involved in writing this season off and voiding it.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1377 on: March 24, 2020, 12:44:02 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: March 24, 2020, 02:01:01 pm »

There has to be a point where the floodgates are open again otherwise the whole dam will go. There will be casualties and its bloody miserable for those who suffer the worse losses in their lives but life will need to go on.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: March 24, 2020, 02:04:24 pm »
Let's just wait and see what happens eh?

Forget about liverpool football club for a bit and find other interests.  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: March 24, 2020, 02:27:07 pm »

An internal NHS briefing for doctors near me said that the current test is thought to have 70% sensitivity.  (Big caveat: I don't know how they know this; it could have been a made-up number.)  So the number of real positives could be around 43% higher still.  Assuming that most false-negatives are likely to be asymptomatic, that's good news.  It means that the mortality rate could be much lower than previously feared.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #1381 on: March 24, 2020, 02:54:10 pm »
The Olympics and the golf now postponed. Football hanging in there by a thread!
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1382 on: March 24, 2020, 02:57:12 pm »
Football is postponed though mate.  ;D

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1383 on: March 24, 2020, 03:18:20 pm »
I badly want to start a "football manager" transfer thread im that bored with no footy

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #1384 on: March 24, 2020, 03:48:26 pm »
I badly want to start a "football manager" transfer thread im that bored with no footy

I'm the opposite, At the moment I have zero interest in football.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1385 on: March 24, 2020, 03:55:56 pm »
That large numbers of customers are selfish,uncaring, hoarding twats. This has now been scientifically proven. By people in white coats (even if they do work at the cheese counter)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1386 on: March 24, 2020, 04:00:32 pm »
An internal NHS briefing for doctors near me said that the current test is thought to have 70% sensitivity.  (Big caveat: I don't know how they know this; it could have been a made-up number.)  So the number of real positives could be around 43% higher still.  Assuming that most false-negatives are likely to be asymptomatic, that's good news.  It means that the mortality rate could be much lower than previously feared.
Agreed, and furthermore, lots of people who catch it and recover won't even report it; some won't even know they've had it; so as none of these will count in the statistics, it could mean that the mortality rate is even lower. By contrast (just about) everyone who catches it and doesn't recover (sadly) will be known.

Eventually there may be a test to show if you have had it in the past (test for presence of antibodies), but even that will only give a clearer picture is mass testing is done.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1387 on: March 24, 2020, 06:59:12 pm »
I can see the season finishing behind closed doors..I would accept that right now.

Would you expect, bearing in mind the position we’re in, for thousands of fans to turn out at the stadium. I’d hope/expect not but that is a potential fear

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: March 24, 2020, 07:05:52 pm »
Even if they had a vaccine for it yesterday, it would take months to roll out and get everyone immunized, ensure no-one is infected and resume sports. We are looking at a resumption next year in my opinion. What we need is a full investigation into the origin/cause so that something like this cannot happen again.

Offline tanvir

• Kopite
« Reply #1389 on: March 24, 2020, 07:22:49 pm »
Even if they had a vaccine for it yesterday, it would take months to roll out and get everyone immunized, ensure no-one is infected and resume sports. We are looking at a resumption next year in my opinion. What we need is a full investigation into the origin/cause so that something like this cannot happen again.
Liverpool FC: Premier League Champions 2019/20/21

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: March 24, 2020, 07:23:59 pm »
We havent conceded a league goal in weeks. One hell of a defence.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1391 on: March 24, 2020, 07:29:09 pm »
We havent conceded a league goal in weeks. One hell of a defence.

The attack has been shit though.  Get rid in the summer.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #1392 on: March 24, 2020, 07:40:24 pm »
Ornstein saying there is a full commitment to complete the season. Whenever that will be.

He also stated that there are players who currently have the virus/showing symptons of having it that has not been publicised.

Offline daveyg

• Plain and Simple
  • Kopite
« Reply #1393 on: March 24, 2020, 08:02:54 pm »
Ornstein saying there is a full commitment to complete the season. Whenever that will be.

He also stated that there are players who currently have the virus/showing symptons of having it that has not been publicised.

This. It’s not rocket science. So you know the agenda of the likes of Allardyce, Keys and Ferdinand for keeping the void conversation going. SSN are going to try and keep this as a talking point.

It’s quite simple, football quite rightly takes a back seat at the moment. The season resumes whenever it is safe to do so. Why we have to have the same kind of interviews every day with people for or against voiding the season.
14/08/04 -  THE START OF THE NEW RAFALUTION!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1394 on: March 24, 2020, 08:17:20 pm »

good, there's zero reason to make announcements every time a footballer (or anyone else famous) is tested positive for it.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1395 on: March 24, 2020, 10:07:07 pm »
Non-league clubs filing to cancel end the season immediately.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1242552070852341760
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1396 on: March 25, 2020, 01:32:59 am »
I can see the season finishing behind closed doors..I would accept that right now.

Would you expect, bearing in mind the position we’re in, for thousands of fans to turn out at the stadium. I’d hope/expect not but that is a potential fear
No I don't think that will happen now - or at least, nowhere anywhere near the levels it might have done before. And here's why.

While football has been off the scene everything has changed; changed from those far-off days of just a few weeks ago when fans of some clubs were congregating outside their grounds as the games were played BCD. Since those seemingly distant-but-in-fact-still-very-recent-days everyone in the world, just about, has realised the seriousness of the situation and everyone here has had a proper taste of lockdown.

I think if, hypothetically and optimistically (and I know how much optimism seems to annoy some here, but nevertheless), if games were to resume BCD in the next couple of months and the clubs all publicly requested fans to stay away and not congregate, then I think fans now would stay away. Yes, even Liverpool fans during the title winning game.

That's one of the beneficial consequences that have accrued from postponing play for a while, until everyone has come up to speed with the seriousness of the situation, such that peer pressure will also work to ensure that people don't ''I'm alright Jack'' their way to doing things they have been told not to. Certainly if the club has asked us not to congregate and someone here were to announce that they were going to, they'd soon get told.

Of course it would be sad to win the title without fans present, and without mass nights out on the ale to celebrate, and without a parade to end all parades, but that's the hand we've been dealt so we would just need to get one with it. If there's any consolation, such a win would, in hindsight, become another incredible ''you'd-never-have-believed-it-if-it-hadn't-happened'' part of our already rich history. Hopefully it would end up being a unique, never-to-be-repeated title winning situation, unlike any other.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1397 on: March 25, 2020, 02:29:50 am »
There has to be a point where the floodgates are open again otherwise the whole dam will go. There will be casualties and its bloody miserable for those who suffer the worse losses in their lives but life will need to go on.

Or it could be this is the catalyst that sees a complete shift in the economic paradigm of the entire world.

We basically don't know what's going to happen. The west could collapse, the poor could rise after seeing behind the curtain of bullshit that is neoliberalism, totalitarianism could be implemented in the US, there could be civil wars, cats and dog living to together etc etc
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1398 on: March 25, 2020, 02:48:52 am »
You’ve gone too far! Cats and dogs living together - absurd.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1399 on: March 25, 2020, 05:01:58 am »
You’ve gone too far! Cats and dogs living together - absurd.
It's worse then that, he said cats and dog living together, which puts me in mind of a dog with a harem of cats...the sly old dog!