Author Topic: Hicks calls for Parry's resignation  (Read 102795 times)

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
  • dont you know who i think i am?
Re: Liverpool exclusive on SSN at 4pm
« Reply #280 on: April 10, 2008, 04:45:11 pm »
if he goes it's a bad thing. parry has been a very poor chief exec, and in an ideal world, he'd be out on his arse, but him being out means that there is gillet and hicks plus whoever they replace parry with, who is undoubtedly going to be some yes man to lick their arse. at least parry has got some degree of loyalty to the club.

terrible situation all this though. really embarassing. if you're relying on parry as you're only hope, you know you're fucked.

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #281 on: April 10, 2008, 04:45:12 pm »
what is this about hicks blaming rafa?
ynwa

Offline matthew45

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Try hard blogger and embarrassed OOT
    • Matthew Cain's blog
« Reply #282 on: April 10, 2008, 04:45:40 pm »
What if it's actually what Rafa wants?
I blog about Liverpool, mostly focussed on the reserves, at: http://blog.matthewcain.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc/

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #283 on: April 10, 2008, 04:45:41 pm »
Nothing on Pravda.tv yet
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #284 on: April 10, 2008, 04:46:08 pm »
The real piece of news here is going to be Gilletts response to this.

Did he have that meeting with Ian Ayre then; and is he our new CEO? And if so isn't this a Hicks man?

This is obviously what his advisers (Merril one in particular and his PR team in london) have told him to do.

If Ian Ayre comes on board; any decisions will go Hicks way, with a 50/50 split; then Ian Ayre will have the last say, so if Gillett veto's, Ayre will say I agree with Hicks.

This isn't a good thing, it will give Hicks more control; and therefore we will have more debt; and more sh*t.

I hope SOS release a statement along the lines of Dear Mr Parry; you have been a valuble member of a fantastic past with Anfield, and we would like you to reject Hick's wishes for you to resign, and to keep fighting for the club.

Lastly we want Both you and Moores to appear in the sandon for a protest against the owners.

Thanks.

SOS

Offline Jojo The Hobo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #285 on: April 10, 2008, 04:46:35 pm »
This is war, Hicks is a twat, so are Parry and Gillett..

The only way Hicks would sell is if DIC up their offer, they won't, hence he's gonna be here for at least one more season, and since he said he wants full ownership, unlike Gillett, I'd rather he stay here then Parry and Gillett.

And think about it, Rafa knows more about football than Gillett and Parry, and apparentley he's Hick's new best mate, if Hicks does instill his own "yes man, he'll also be Rafa's "yes" man, good stuff.

The ground isn't gonna open up and swallow Hicks, he's staying, might as well let him do "some" good.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hicks calls for Parry's resignation
« Reply #286 on: April 10, 2008, 04:46:45 pm »
He is anti - Hicks and that goes a long way.  I think that for a while now, he has been saying and doing the right things.  Whether it comes out of guilt , I don't know.  But I think we need him in the board atleast till someone takes over from these fools.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline r3dman1

• Main Stander
« Reply #287 on: April 10, 2008, 04:47:02 pm »
1st post.

*DRUNKEN RANT ON*

So i sit up to 1am knowing that something is going to happen and then this shit appears...
I couldnt give a fuck what Hicks wants! although, Parry better not resign as this seems like a way Hicks can get someone on the board that in his pocket pushing through shit at board level.

Personally, the only thing i want to hear\read is "Liverpool Sold" Headlines and dont give a flying fuck what Hicks has to say regarding anything other then how much dosh he has made after selling the club.

Fucking c*nt Hicks!!!

5 aussie dollars(about 2p in UK) to the first guy that headbutts him and breaks his nose!

*DRUNKEN RANT OFF* 

Offline Kerant

• Hertha Berlin Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #288 on: April 10, 2008, 04:47:15 pm »
www.teamtalk.com

It is believed that a letter arrived at Anfield on Thursday - just 48 hours after Liverpool's triumphant passage into the Champions League semi-finals - demanding chief executive Parry's departure.

Parry is currently in London at a Premier League meeting but he has been made aware of the communication and is expected to refuse to quit by return of post.

This shock move from the Dallas-based co-owner is just another twist in the embarrassing saga over control of the club, which reached a peak last month when talks between Hicks and Dubai International Capital broke down.

Hicks was in London last week and watched both the Liverpool matches against Arsenal at the Emirates.

But on Tuesday, Hicks was back in Dallas watching his Texas Rangers' baseball team while co-owner George Gillett was shown on TV world-wide sitting next to Parry in the Liverpool directors' box.

They were watching boss Rafael Benitez's team beat Arsenal 4-2 to progress into another semi-final showdown with Chelsea later this month.

And this current development does nothing for the stability of the club ahead of Benitez's attempts to reach a third European Cup final in four years.

Gillett's son Foster was also in attendance on Tuesday, as was Hicks' son Tom Jnr, both sons also being directors of the club.

And it is also believed that Liverpool fans groups have received e-mails telling them that Hicks wants Parry out.

However, with the club ownership split 50-50 between the two Americans, Hicks would not have been able to have got sanction for Parry's dismissal, hence the letter received at Anfield today.

Hicks was believed to have been enraged by Parry's interview recently on BBC Five Live in which the chief executive pleaded with both co-owners to end the war between them and come to an agreement that would allow the club to move forward.

It was Parry who was largely involved in bringing Gillett to the club 18 months ago, with the American bringing in Hicks for financial muscle to get the deal through.

At that point DIC believed they were on the brink of buying former chairman David Moores' majority holding, only for the deal to collapse at the last minute when Moores - now life vice-president and still a board member - changed his mind.

Since then DIC have patiently worked towards a deal to buy out both Americans. It is believed that Gillett has agreed to sell his stake, but refuses to sell those shares to Hicks.

However, Hicks spent time last week in London trying to raise capital to buy Gillett's shares and to re-finance loans on his own sports empire.

He will soon be expected to come up with further loans to fund the building of Liverpool's new stadium.

The relationship between Gillett and Hicks has spectacularly broken down, with Parry at times finding himself in the middle trying to run the club effectively on a day-to-day basis.

Now Hicks' camp clearly believe that Parry is siding with Gillett as the uproar rumbles on, which has prompted the request for his resignation.

Offline Drunknmunky

• Kopite
« Reply #289 on: April 10, 2008, 04:47:27 pm »
The real piece of news here is going to be Gilletts response to this.

Gillette doesn't have to say anything and Parry can tell Hicks to go fuck himself (which he is going to do), what then?

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #290 on: April 10, 2008, 04:47:34 pm »
1st post.

*DRUNKEN RANT ON*

So i sit up to 1am knowing that something is going to happen and then this shit appears...
I couldnt give a fuck what Hicks wants! although, Parry better not resign as this seems like a way Hicks can get someone on the board that in his pocket pushing through shit at board level.

Personally, the only thing i want to hear\read is "Liverpool Sold" Headlines and dont give a flying fuck what Hicks has to say regarding anything other then how much dosh he has made after selling the club.

Fucking c*nt Hicks!!!

5 aussie dollars(about 2p in UK) to the first guy that headbutts him and breaks his nose!

*DRUNKEN RANT OFF* 

Welcome to RAWK

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 10, 2008, 04:48:07 pm »
he's no Einstein, simply attempting to buy favour with the fans.

He's a million miles away from that now.  How does Hicks think he can build bridges with the fans by asking Parry to go? 
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 10, 2008, 04:48:21 pm »
God this is enough to put me off football.

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: April 10, 2008, 04:48:40 pm »
I actually quite like Hicks, and don't mind if he wants to get rid of Parry but doing this in public is a bad show. In the days when John Smith was in charge, if someone was to be got rid of the first we would have known would be their coffin being carried out. Powerless letters leaked to SSN? Very bad show.
Xerxes MBE

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2008, 04:49:23 pm »
I missed it, and seeign as I can't reallt be bothered to go through 15 pages, could someone please sum up in one line, what the news was.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2008, 04:49:52 pm »
I actually quite like Hicks, and don't mind if he wants to get rid of Parry but doing this in public is a bad show. In the days when John Smith was in charge, if someone was to be got rid of the first we would have known would be their coffin being carried out. Powerless letters leaked to SSN? Very bad show.

Here we go again; I actually quite like Hicks? What is to actually like? Please?

Offline T-1000

• Legacy Fan
  • "I am focused on training and coaching my team"
« Reply #296 on: April 10, 2008, 04:50:22 pm »
He's a million miles away from that now.  How does Hicks think he can build bridges with the fans by asking Parry to go? 
Because he's a deluded fat bastard trying everything he can to wrestle control of the club. He knows there's always been a bit of aggro from the fans towards Parry (selling to him was the icing on the cake) BUT that pales into insignificance compared to the contempt we have for Hicks
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:54:05 pm by T-1000 »
.....where once we watched the King Kenny play

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: April 10, 2008, 04:50:28 pm »
It's on ssn, Parry says he's going nowhere!  Fair play to him for standing up to that c*nt Hicks.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #298 on: April 10, 2008, 04:50:31 pm »
I missed it, and seeign as I can't reallt be bothered to go through 15 pages, could someone please sum up in one line, what the news was.

Parry asked to resign by tom hicks; who has blamed Rafa Benitez for his decision.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #299 on: April 10, 2008, 04:50:36 pm »

Hicks has asked Parry to resign

As he believes Torres should lead the line in a  4 2 3 1  formation.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: April 10, 2008, 04:50:37 pm »
It comes to something when even a shit-kicking red neck like Hicks can see that Parry is a joke.
Rick, remove your cock from our ass, pull your kecks back up and please fuck off.

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #301 on: April 10, 2008, 04:50:42 pm »
He is anti - Hicks and that goes a long way.  I think that for a while now, he has been saying and doing the right things.  Whether it comes out of guilt , I don't know.  But I think we need him in the board atleast till someone takes over from these fools.
Is right.  There is at least someone who knows about football managing the club's day-to-day operations.  If Parry goes, who do we think that shithouse Hicks will appoint to take over?  His fucktard son?  Parry's no genius in the transfer market but letting Hicks take active control during such a vital part of the pre-season would be disastrous.  We're so close to building a great team already.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline jonty101

• but you might know him as Damien.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • fernando torres , liverpools no.9
« Reply #302 on: April 10, 2008, 04:50:52 pm »
its not parry's fault at all,
hicks and gillet should be the ones resigning!
add my ps3 ID jonty101 :)
Torres is the most overrated fuckin player I've ever seen. When he's not giving the ball away he's on his arse. How the fuck anyone can say he's worth 25 million is beyond me.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: April 10, 2008, 04:50:58 pm »
as from next season liverpool will be playing all of their home games at Old Trafford because Hicks is using Anfield as one big megastore to try and make up some of Liverpool's debt

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #304 on: April 10, 2008, 04:51:00 pm »
It's on ssn, Parry says he's going nowhere!  Fair play to him for standing up to that c*nt Hicks.

I missed that bit. Its bloody Adverts again

Offline RED-EAZY

• Kopite
« Reply #305 on: April 10, 2008, 04:51:04 pm »
the circus keeps rolling into town
We don't need Gerrard against madrid anyway, they are shite

Offline T-1000

• Legacy Fan
  • "I am focused on training and coaching my team"
« Reply #306 on: April 10, 2008, 04:51:05 pm »
I actually quite like Hicks
What planet are you on?
.....where once we watched the King Kenny play

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2008, 04:51:05 pm »
Save Rick Parry Group plan demonstrations at Blackburn game!!

Lordy, that would be an irony given his history with that fixture.
Xerxes MBE

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2008, 04:51:21 pm »
If Hicks wants Parry out then I for one want Parry to stay for that reason and that reason alone.
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2008, 04:51:45 pm »
parry going is a good thing the start of them all going good riddence the shithouse he has got his come-uppence .
Sorry but if Hicks gets rid of Parry he gains control of the boardroom
DIC  were going to get rid of parry straight away so what the problem
See above
Whatever his past wrongdoings Parry is anti Hicks and we need all the help we can get in the Boardroom

Thank fuck some of you can see what's realy going on
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline M.A.G.M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2008, 04:51:50 pm »
I can't feel sorry for the clown (even if I wanted to) him and Moores are the reason we're in this circus act in the first place, I can now see the cowboy c*nt gaining maximum control soon and that doesn't bare thinking about.

How the fuck are we going to rid ourselves of this poison, sick and tired of this pathetic schoolyard shite? :butt
"I am awake at 4am designing a team. The selection? It's Javier Mascherano and 10 more." Maradona

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2008, 04:52:25 pm »
If Parry refuses to resign, any kind of working relationship he had with Rafa has probably gone down the shitter now.....which isn't helpful, really.

The c*nt can help out in the ticket office then and see for the first time at close hand what a shambles it is.

" Hello this is Rick here ,can I help you"
"Yes i'd like to buy three tickets fo............dnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"
Rick puts his hand up "Boss, i've hung up on them again accidentally"
Ticket Office Manager " Oh just fucking make the tea you coiffeured twat"
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline wattie

• lottie shite
  • Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #312 on: April 10, 2008, 04:52:26 pm »
OK, why do you think Hicks has asked Parry to resign? Is it because he is a bad CEO and is bad for the club or is it because he has sided with Gillette and DIC? If it is the latter, which I very much expect it to be then it is nothing more than boardroom politics. He is trying to strengthen HIS position, he couldn't give a fuck about how much it disrupts the team, and how his actions are continually going against everything the club has stood for since it's conception.

He is trying to strengthen his hand, and is basically saying he doesn't give a fuck about distracting the team or respecting the traditions of our club. I feel fucking sick at this news to be honest mate, and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would feel any different.

Of course he is. This is nothing more then an attempt to win over the fans IMO, he has obviously cottoned on to how unpopular Coco is. At the end of the day though it is all irrelevant as Gillett will never sell his share to Hicks anyway so he can strengthen his hand all he likes, but it will not get the desired effect will it, as Gillett has already stated that he has no intention of selling to Hicks.

Coco is now the fall guy. And IMO it has a touch of poetic justice for the amount of times he has fucked the fans over and not too mention that he was tasked with finding the club investors, it was he who brought these two gobshites into our club, whilst also making a small personal fortune for his troubles.

Offline weller1965

• Kemlynite
« Reply #313 on: April 10, 2008, 04:52:40 pm »
I think Hicks is hoping that Parry will go quietly and GG won't interfere.  I hope that this isn't the case but christ what a laughing stock we've become.  This is pathetic. Even if you ask someone for their resignation, you don't air it in public.  Bully boy tactics from someone with no class whatsoever. I hope Parry starts shouting from the roof tops.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #314 on: April 10, 2008, 04:52:48 pm »
Parry: I remain focused on the job of serving liverpool football club.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FU*K OF HICKS

Offline cornishred1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Come home Rafa!
« Reply #315 on: April 10, 2008, 04:52:52 pm »
I actually quite like Hicks

Got to be a wind up ???
SOS member no- 5073
If I live to be a hundred and Liverpool bring in genius managers who win Quadruples and Quintuples for the club, I'll always point to Rafa as the one who meant the most to me.

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #316 on: April 10, 2008, 04:53:06 pm »

Strange one…

This could be Rick Parry's rehabilitation.

Apart from maybe a juicy payoff, what has Coco got to gain by offering his resignation? He knows he has ground to make up with the fans, and Moores will be breathing down his neck, urging him to stay on.

Like someone else said, Gillett's response is gonna be very interesting
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline Wyl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: April 10, 2008, 04:53:08 pm »
I actually quite like Hicks...

I stopped reading there. I've seen your posts since DIC pulled out the first time round and you've consistently spouted rubbish.

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: April 10, 2008, 04:53:28 pm »
What planet are you on?

Earth. I can give you the co-ordinates if you like.

Hicks - what you see is what you get, which is not the case with Gillet. Hicks was the only one who stood up for us, after all, when UEFA were slagging us off after Athens.
Xerxes MBE

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: April 10, 2008, 04:54:12 pm »
Earth. I can give you the co-ordinates if you like.

Hicks - what you see is what you get, which is not the case with Gillet. Hicks was the only one who stood up for us, after all, when UEFA were slagging us off after Athens.

This is the worst time you could come out and spout your shite.