Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 232576 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #880 on: May 16, 2019, 03:19:17 pm »
their form is very hit and miss with and without kane

i would rather he doesnt play but at the same time i do recall when he last came back from injury they couldnt buy a win

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #881 on: May 16, 2019, 03:20:07 pm »
I don't want to tempt fate, but I'd be glad to see an 80-90% Kane start ahead of a 100% Moura. Also I hope Dier makes it - he is fucking hopeless. His sub appearances for Henderson in the World Cup made Hendo look like vintage Pirlo.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: May 16, 2019, 03:22:27 pm »
I don't want to tempt fate, but I'd be glad to see an 80-90% Kane start ahead of a 100% Moura. Also I hope Dier makes it - he is fucking hopeless. His sub appearances for Henderson in the World Cup made Hendo look like vintage Pirlo.
Moura was like a man possessed against ajax

if they play kane they will either have to drop moura or one of alli or son

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #883 on: May 16, 2019, 03:30:28 pm »
One last push lads please please whatever it takes any way any how,just get this one over the line, half a goal would do!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #884 on: May 16, 2019, 03:31:36 pm »
I think the concern for Spurs is that they will have three players coming back to fitness, two of whom have not played for a long time in Kane and Winks. Vertonghen obviously played and got injured v Ajax but will more than likely be fit for the final. However, all three of them probably make their strongest XI. So they go with their strongest XI on paper and start Kane and Winks who will lack match sharpness at the expense of some inform players (likely one of Son or Moura to miss out) or go with their fit and form player and perhaps lose some balance/shape. Alli's best position is behind the striker IMO, and he only fits that role if Kane is playing. If Kane doesn't play, they bring in Son and Moura and Alli is probably being asked to play a more restricted role in a three.

Or he goes for it and plays a midfield two of Sissoko and Eriksen with Alli, Son and Moura supporting Kane. Which is ballsy and whilst would cause us problems, leaves them quite exposed.

He has some hard choices to make if he has a full strength squad to choose from. I think if Kane is recovered then he starts - that's not even a question. People talk about their record without him and when he has come back from injury they have struggled, but at the end of the day he is one of the best forwards in the world and makes them more dangerous when he is on the pitch.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:45:42 pm by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #885 on: May 16, 2019, 03:39:36 pm »
I think the concern for Spurs is that they will have three players coming back to fitness, two of whom have not played for a long time in Keane and Winks.
might be a bit much for Keane alright given he hasnt played for them since about 2010

plus given he is 38 he might be getting on a bit

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: May 16, 2019, 04:17:51 pm »
This is the longest anyone’s had to wait for a match ever.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #887 on: May 16, 2019, 04:35:59 pm »
Huh? I thought Spurs fans are classy, mostly? ** At least nicer towards Liverpool fans, compared to Arsenal the rival?

- thefightingcock.co.uk, Spurs Forum.

... ...

+ AB5, Sunday at 1:42 AM, Liverpool fan

Evening all, A Red here. Congrats on getting the final, being honest i would have preferred
Ajax, but fair do's there, great game and comeback. whats your thoughts on the game?
personally think it will be close and could go either way, 2 good teams. wish you all a boss trip
but not the result, how you all finding it getting out there?

+ Tomo, Sunday at 1:54 AM, Replied to "AB5", The Red

Firstly please remember this is the Fighting c*nts Forum so as we are playing you soon expect
to be called a c*nt. You want more civil debate try another Spurs Forum unless it’s Spurs
Community were they will ask for money
Anyway thoughts on the game.
You are obviously the favourites the way you have played this year and with what you have, your
biggest advantage over us is your fast starts which often catch us off guard.

+ MDGSunday at 6:20 AM, Replied to "AB5", The Red

I hope you have a shit trip and you all lose your tickets, not that will stop all of youse from
trying to enter the stadium anyway.
I also hope Wolves kill your title hopes tomorrow.
Sorry mate but I've had enough of hearing about Liverpool especially from the Scouse Mafia
in the media. I have one good friend who's a Liverpool fan and if more of you were like him
I wouldn't despise your club. Alas they're not, vast majority of you are utter c*nts and I only
wish you misery and despair especially on June the 1st.
Thanks for stopping by though!
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #888 on: May 16, 2019, 04:39:50 pm »
Huh? I thought Spurs fans are classy, mostly? ** At least nicer towards Liverpool fans, compared to Arsenal the rival?

an asshole on the internet? never

could you be bothered going on their forum? (not saying this was you) but i couldnt give less of a fuck what they think about us on their forum.

Offline IzeOfAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #889 on: May 16, 2019, 04:40:01 pm »
Wonder if the wait for this game is as excruciating for the players as it is us.
Got to love the Klopp

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #890 on: May 16, 2019, 04:47:51 pm »

Internet hardmen, who's arsed? Same as the plethora of dickheads on Twitter.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #891 on: May 16, 2019, 04:49:38 pm »
Nobody is arsed what they think.

Let's just find a way to win.

Offline SweetSilverSevens

• Kopite
« Reply #892 on: May 16, 2019, 05:06:27 pm »

Tbf to City they did score late on. Just for once they didn't get the rub of the green thanks to VAR. ;D

Our boys ARE mentality monsters; and even if Spurs score first we won't go to pieces. If anything, Spurs will panic over being ahead and having to defend a lead.  Our game management has been superb this season  - on a completely different level to anyone else.

They couldn't score a legitimate goal... so they didn't score late on. They ran out of steam.

We scored four legitimate goals against Barca, three on the second half.

Spurs will find it much harder to score against us than they did against City

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #893 on: May 16, 2019, 05:07:32 pm »

... ...

+ AB5, Sunday at 1:42 AM, Liverpool fan

Evening all, A Red here. Congrats on getting the final, being honest i would have preferred
Ajax, but fair do's there, great game and comeback. whats your thoughts on the game?
personally think it will be close and could go either way, 2 good teams. wish you all a boss trip
but not the result, how you all finding it getting out there?

+ Tomo, Sunday at 1:54 AM, Replied to "AB5", The Red

Firstly please remember this is the Fighting c*nts Forum so as we are playing you soon expect
to be called a c*nt. You want more civil debate try another Spurs Forum unless it’s Spurs
Community were they will ask for money
Anyway thoughts on the game.
You are obviously the favourites the way you have played this year and with what you have, your
biggest advantage over us is your fast starts which often catch us off guard.

+ MDGSunday at 6:20 AM, Replied to "AB5", The Red

I hope you have a shit trip and you all lose your tickets, not that will stop all of youse from
trying to enter the stadium anyway.
I also hope Wolves kill your title hopes tomorrow.
Sorry mate but I've had enough of hearing about Liverpool especially from the Scouse Mafia
in the media. I have one good friend who's a Liverpool fan and if more of you were like him
I wouldn't despise your club. Alas they're not, vast majority of you are utter c*nts and I only
wish you misery and despair especially on June the 1st.
Thanks for stopping by though!

Haven’t got a problem with that. Could probably do with a bit more aggression from our fans in that respect. Fuck all the nicely nicely let’s be friends.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: May 16, 2019, 05:09:02 pm »
They couldn't score a legitimate goal... so they didn't score late on. They ran out of steam.

City won that game so it's a bit pointless debate that, they were out due to the obvious but they weren't beaten in that one match.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #895 on: May 16, 2019, 05:19:16 pm »

More concerned that the first thought from some of our fans when we're about to play in a European Cup final is to go do the le classy "rival fan in peace, wishing you a good game" rubbish. How badly does someone want to feel special? Glad they told him to fuck off.

• Kopite
« Reply #896 on: May 16, 2019, 05:24:40 pm »
City won that game so it's a bit pointless debate that, they were out due to the obvious but they weren't beaten in that one match.

And they lost the first leg.

My original post was more about City's approach to that game, which is very different to how we approach CL games, making us a very different proposition for Spurs.

To say they scored an offside goal as a response to me saying they ran out of steam in that game....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 05:27:41 pm by SweetSilverSevens »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: May 16, 2019, 06:02:18 pm »
Why are people talking about those Blue c*nts from down the road,they do not deserve to be mentioned in a thread about the CL Final.

Fuck them all.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: May 16, 2019, 06:40:55 pm »
Fair play, how anyone could say Liverpool have been lucky when you look at Tottenham's run to the final.

Anyway, im happy to be playing Spurs rather than Ajax. I think a lot of people were under estimating Ajax and assumed its the same setup who Utd faced a couple of seasons ago. They play good intricate passing football, which may have given us problems on the day. They have already proved formidable opponents to Real Madrid, Juventus and Spurs.

Anything can happen on the day but i'm quietly confident, whoever they have playing on the day.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:42:45 pm by Machae »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #899 on: May 16, 2019, 06:46:58 pm »
Ajax play good football but they also leave a huge amount of space in behind as Spurs exploited time and time again. None of the sides they played can press and counter as well as we can, and they are still naive which imo would be a huge plus in a final.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #900 on: May 16, 2019, 06:50:37 pm »
I was hoping we'd get Ajax in the final so it can have a foreign feeling instead of an English feeling. I also thought Ajax would be easier in the final, and even though the Dutch crumbled in that 2nd half, I changed my stance - I now think we got the easier team in the final. Ajax were naive yes, but they would've been much more tricky in the final than Spurs will be. Ajax got some young players who won't be afraid to run at our defenders and we haven't had many teams brave enough to have a go at us. Spurs will show us some proper respect and we will score against them anyway.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

• Kopite
« Reply #901 on: May 16, 2019, 06:56:31 pm »
Why are people talking about those Blue c*nts from down the road,they do not deserve to be mentioned in a thread about the CL Final.

Fuck them all.

One of the arguments pessimists make is Spurs beat City so they can beat us, not even taking into account that City have always been poor in Europe and Guardiola hasn't done anything to improve it

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: May 16, 2019, 07:12:30 pm »

You're playing semantics.  Half a yard to the other side, or on another day, that goal might have stood.  And we'd still be hearing about gutsy, "never give up" City going all out till the final whistle.

They didn't stop fighting.  If anything it was Spurs who were gassed by the end of that game, which is what let City in at the death - regardless of whether the goal was chalked off or not.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: May 16, 2019, 07:13:28 pm »
More concerned that the first thought from some of our fans when we're about to play in a European Cup final is to go do the le classy "rival fan in peace, wishing you a good game" rubbish. How badly does someone want to feel special? Glad they told him to fuck off.

I guess you've never been around to read the "Spyin' Kop" segments?

That said, I'd love to know about that Spud's Liverpool fan buddy and what makes him such a good fella compared to the rest of us.  Wonder if he's anything like the LFC "fans" who frequent Red Café?  Does he spend hours tell his mate how great Spurs are and that they've just been unlucky I wonder?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 07:15:05 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: May 16, 2019, 07:24:49 pm »
I was hoping we'd get Ajax in the final so it can have a foreign feeling instead of an English feeling. I also thought Ajax would be easier in the final, and even though the Dutch crumbled in that 2nd half, I changed my stance - I now think we got the easier team in the final. Ajax were naive yes, but they would've been much more tricky in the final than Spurs will be. Ajax got some young players who won't be afraid to run at our defenders and we haven't had many teams brave enough to have a go at us. Spurs will show us some proper respect and we will score against them anyway.

They both pose different threats but ultimately Ajax is the easiest side to play based on our strengths. They can cause problems but they're way too open for a side that we have, who would pick them off.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: May 16, 2019, 07:41:20 pm »
2 weeks tomorrow is cup final eve!

I swear it never felt this long last season between the semi and the final?

I would be so done with football for a while if we hadn't of made it - I love that we keep putting ourselves in these positions to be legends, we are going to take one of them.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: May 16, 2019, 07:46:07 pm »
Spurs' greatest advantage is that they've played us and they know how we play.  But that's also their greatest weakness. 

They have had a huge slice of luck getting this far - their biggest mistake could be they've started to take that luck for granted and just expect it to continue.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: May 16, 2019, 07:50:04 pm »

I would be so done with football for a while if we hadn't of made it - I love that we keep putting ourselves in these positions to be legends, we are going to take one of them.

Promised myself I wouldn't drink until final day.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eFmuO6xJ36g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eFmuO6xJ36g</a>

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: May 16, 2019, 07:50:31 pm »
Spurs' greatest advantage is that they've played us and they know how we play.  But that's also their greatest weakness. 

They have had a huge slice of luck getting this far - their biggest mistake could be they've started to take that luck for granted and just expect it to continue.

Don't think they will, I think they'll play cautiously to start the match and look to pick their moments. I don't expect them to be open by any stretch.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: May 16, 2019, 08:13:26 pm »
Don't think they will, I think they'll play cautiously to start the match and look to pick their moments. I don't expect them to be open by any stretch.

There's just so much uncertainty.  This Spurs side is arguably far better than our side in 2005, but with our history in the competition we carried a genuine belief that we could win it.  The difference between then and now is back then AC Milan really did just expect to roll up and win it I think.  We wont be taking anything for granted because a) we know Spurs and b) we know teams can come back from 3-0 down. ;D

There's only so much analysis you can do for a game like this, so it's little wonder everybody is so nervous. ;D

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: May 16, 2019, 08:22:37 pm »
There's just so much uncertainty.  This Spurs side is arguably far better than our side in 2005, but with our history in the competition we carried a genuine belief that we could win it.  The difference between then and now is back then AC Milan really did just expect to roll up and win it I think.  We wont be taking anything for granted because a) we know Spurs and b) we know teams can come back from 3-0 down. ;D

There's only so much analysis you can do for a game like this, so it's little wonder everybody is so nervous. ;D

c) we lost last year so we know we have work to do.

And also the match is 3 weeks away, by now we'll analyse it to death.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #911 on: May 16, 2019, 08:26:10 pm »
We really should give this team more credit for their mentality, belief, and effort after this season - 97pts and obviously the CL final - it will get us over the finish line.
its bizarre isnt it. People on here and twitter often panicking after seeing what this teams done. Find it mental
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #912 on: May 16, 2019, 08:30:19 pm »

No it was a week sooner because of the world cup
Believer

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: May 16, 2019, 08:32:27 pm »
c) we lost last year so we know we have work to do.

And also the match is 3 weeks away, by now we'll analyse it to death.

Aye, my nerves are already shredded, but I imagine the players will be in a far better place!

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #914 on: May 16, 2019, 08:46:55 pm »
Aye, my nerves are already shredded, but I imagine the players will be in a far better place!

By the time is kick off, I may completely turn to liquid out of nerves  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: May 16, 2019, 08:50:11 pm »
By the time is kick off, I may completely turn to liquid out of nerves  ;D

During the final I may completely turn into alcohol out of nerves. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #916 on: May 16, 2019, 08:54:55 pm »
They make a lot of noise about uniform scheduling but I think it's shit that they got the Spanish Cup final a week after the FA Cup final, majorly affects rest times for the UCL final when we play Barca in it next year. Needs to be sorted out ASAP. Then can sort out Christmas break.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #917 on: May 16, 2019, 08:55:12 pm »

The possibilities are endless, I fear for my long-term health  ;D

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #918 on: May 16, 2019, 09:06:49 pm »
You can't ignore the form.

We've lost 3 matches since Jan 2019. City and Wolves away start of Jan and Barca away.

Spurs have lost 12.

Ought be confident.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #919 on: May 16, 2019, 09:06:55 pm »

That's what I did last year. It made dealing with the loss much easier.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.