Author Topic: Pre-Match - Liverpool Vs Leicester City - Sunday 22nd November 19:15 Sky Sports  (Read 50826 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Suspect he'll say we haven't trained yet and its too early to say

Guess he could entirely rule people out but we don't want to hear that

The biggest challenge will be he can't really risk anyone's fitness with so many games crammed in this crazy season. It will certainly have the look of a makeshift team I suspect especially at the back.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The biggest challenge will be he can't really risk anyone's fitness with so many games crammed in this crazy season. It will certainly have the look of a makeshift team I suspect especially at the back.

It will definitely.  If Trent was fit robbo wouldn't play but I think we'll play robbo and then rest him v Atalanta.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Jus realised Tsimikas is fully fit.
Him and Robertson starting as full backs with whoever adapts to playing on the 'wrong' side more easily seems logical for the weekend - solves our pace problem

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Jus realised Tsimikas is fully fit.
Him and Robertson starting as full backs with whoever adapts to playing on the 'wrong' side more easily seems logical for the weekend - solves our pace problem

Yes, I am looking forward to seeing Tsimikas play isn't he too footed so could possibly play on the right?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Yes, I am looking forward to seeing Tsimikas play isn't he too footed so could possibly play on the right?

I honestly don't know :)  .... one of them should be able to move over though - its not super hard for fullbacks to do.
Not ideal of course - especially going forward - but way preferable to trying to playing vs Barnes and Vardy with 2 slow players on one side of the back 4 

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hendo definitely out according to Klopp.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
"We will see" on Thiago and Fab, so that's probably a no and the same answer next week  ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Klopp PC:

Salah is feeling well. Hasn't said when he'll be back. Not saying anything publicly about him attending the wedding.
Henderson not available
Trent not available
Thiago, Fabinho, Rhys Williams - "We will see, they're closer but we'll see whether they can play this weekend"
Ox - "in a good way"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Suppose we might see training pics tonight.

May give us a clearer indication but reckon the Teams this week will all have curveballs
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
Was fairly upbeat at the start of the week on our chances but with our captain now added to the list, along with our top goal scorer its difficult to see us winning, certainly not comfortably in any way, if at all. Its not a result that will define anyone's season so hopefully all this rotten fortune is out of the way now, than at the business end of the season.

I suspect we will play another experimental formation and team, just avoiding a defeat and further injuries we should be happy with that id have thought.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Was fairly upbeat at the start of the week on our chances but with our captain now added to the list, along with our top goal scorer its difficult to see us winning, certainly not comfortably in any way, if at all. Its not a result that will define anyone's season so hopefully all this rotten fortune is out of the way now, than at the business end of the season.

I suspect we will play another experimental formation and team, just avoiding a defeat and further injuries we should be happy with that id have thought.

We will play to win.

Watch everything that Klopp just said in his presser.

The Team won’t feel sorry for themselves. 
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
have you seen our front three? We always got a chance.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
Indeed, the squad we have will be upbeat and positive, they are professional athletes and will all be well prepared. Will watch the presser later tonight, am pretty sure Klopp wont be downbeat on our chances.

As a tactically clueless fan, it just does look a bit grim, for this game anyway  ;D

- all in my opinion of course -

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan

Jeez. Happy with just avoiding defeat ? At home, to Leicester ? Our team we will put out is stronger than Leicesters, we're at home. Happy to avoid defeat will definitely not be the attitude we go into this with.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
Despite all the omens, I still have to feel confident going into this game. I think we will go in fired up from the get go and with something to prove. And when we are like that we are absolutely on top of the game.

Just think Barcelona 3-0 down with Firmino and Salah out. I am not saying I seriously expected us to win 4-0 before that game. But the fact that the odds were so seemingly stacked against us made me more confident and excited then if they hadnt been.

I am expecting an intense and highly entertaining game of footy.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Good news that Fab and Thiago may well be available. If Robbo is fit then a back 4 of Robbo, Fab, Matip and Milner/Tmiskas looks decent enough. Thiago, Wijnaldum and Keita in midfield ?

With Leicester having their own injury concerns we have more than enough to beat them. As ever, I remain confident.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
I know Leicester are a good side, and we have a LOT of injuries - but saying a side with Mane, Firmino, Jota, Wjnaldum, Keita, Milner, Matip and Alison all definitely available - and the likes of Jones and Shaqiri also in the mix have no chance of winning a game in a ground we've not lost in in the League for nearly 4 years is a bold statement...

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
If Fab is fit, I'd hold him back. Personally I think Williams looks better than Phillips and is better suited to the challenges Leicester will bring. I'd play him both tomorrow and midweek and alternate Matip/Fab as his partners with Matip starting Sunday and Fab getting a few more days recovery before Atlanta.

Hendo being out is a blow, as is Mo. Huge blows. I think we've got just about enough to cover there, though we're not replacing everything they bring whoever plays. Fingers crossed Thiago is fit for Sunday as I think we need to be aiming to dominate possession to reduce counter-attacking opportunites for them as much as possible. Gini is nailed on you'd think.

Whatever team we put out, I think we can win the game, but no doubt it's a very, very tough fixture as it stands. Leicester are perfectly built to play away from home and they're stacked with pace which will hurt us more than usual at the moment. Would be a big three points this, both in the bigger league picture and also for the confidence/belief it will build on in the squad players we'll no doubt line up with.

That said, and it's been mentioned elsewhere, but for a team to be missing Trent, Virg, Gomez, Henderson, Oxlaide, Salah and still to be lining up with something like the below shows the excellent squad we've built.

Alisson, Milner, Matip, Williams, Robertson, Thiago, Gini, Keita, Mane, Bobby, Jota
Adrian, Williams, Kostas, Jones, Shaq, Taki, Origi.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity

I think it's natural for some to feel disheartened given the recent injuries. But we'll start this game with:

1. 11 capable players
2. the best keeper in the league, and arguably, the World in goal
3. currently the 2nd best fit CB in the league
4. the best LB in the league/World
5. a midfield 3 from Wijnaldum, Keita, Jones and potentially Thiago and Milner
6. a front 3 that contains the best LW in the world plus Firmino and Jota. Not sure another team in the league will put out a better front 3 this weekend
7. we'll have options on the bench -  Minamino, Shaqiri, Tsimikas, Origi, maybe even Jones if Thiago is fit plus others.

The team we put out will be more than decent. Not as good as our 1st XI but it's one I still think goes into the game as favourites. Not because of bravado on my part or looking at it through rose tinted spectacles. Mainly on the basis of the quality we can putin the match day 18, despite the injuries
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
so im thinking a team of
Allison
Milner Phillips Matip Robertson
           Gini
    Keita    Jones
Jota  Firmino Mane

Maybe Thiago or Fabinho off the bench. Minamino & Shaq both off the bench too

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
If Fabinho is fit, I'd start him.  Mainly because I think the Leicester game is more important than the Atlanta game.  We can afford to lose against Atlanta (not that I think we will without Fabinho, we'd still be favourites).  I want the best XI possible against Leicester.

Neco or Milner at RB is an interesting call.  I'd lean towards Milner.  Mainly because I think without Henderson and Van Dijk, how many other vocal players do we have?  Robertson is probably the only other.  I think we need Milner to help in that regard, it can have a big influence is setting our intensity.

A midfield of Gini, Thiago and Keita would be awesome.  I think it would be too much for Leicester to cope with if it occured.

I wonder which sides Mane or Jota would play.  Jota is pretty two footed, so probably makes sense he goes on the right for that reason.  However I feel he favours the left.  Mane is great either side, but I think he'd be less of a goal threat ion the right as he couldn't cut in and shoot on his favoured foot as easily.  Although his first goal for us vs Arsenal might show it won't matter much.

My team if possible - Alisson, Milner, Fabinho, Matip, Robertson, Thiago, Gini, Keita, Jota, Mane, Firmino.

Too much smoke for Leicester to take.

I like Rodger by the way.  He wasn't the answer for us and he was a bit cringe at times.  But he nearly won us the league and has always spoken so highly of our club.  I don't like it how he gets mocked a lot by our fans.  I don't think he deserves that.  I respect him and feel he deserves that!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
We’re very close to still being able to field an incredibly good team. Just need a little luck with Thiago and Fabinho!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
If Fabinho is fit, I'd start him.  Mainly because I think the Leicester game is more important than the Atlanta game.  We can afford to lose against Atlanta (not that I think we will without Fabinho, we'd still be favourites).  I want the best XI possible against Leicester.

Neco or Milner at RB is an interesting call.  I'd lean towards Milner.  Mainly because I think without Henderson and Van Dijk, how many other vocal players do we have?  Robertson is probably the only other.  I think we need Milner to help in that regard, it can have a big influence is setting our intensity.

A midfield of Gini, Thiago and Keita would be awesome.  I think it would be too much for Leicester to cope with if it occured.

I wonder which sides Mane or Jota would play.  Jota is pretty two footed, so probably makes sense he goes on the right for that reason.  However I feel he favours the left.  Mane is great either side, but I think he'd be less of a goal threat ion the right as he couldn't cut in and shoot on his favoured foot as easily.  Although his first goal for us vs Arsenal might show it won't matter much.

My team if possible - Alisson, Milner, Fabinho, Matip, Robertson, Thiago, Gini, Keita, Jota, Mane, Firmino.

Too much smoke for Leicester to take.

I like Rodger by the way.  He wasn't the answer for us and he was a bit cringe at times.  But he nearly won us the league and has always spoken so highly of our club.  I don't like it how he gets mocked a lot by our fans.  I don't think he deserves that.  I respect him and feel he deserves that!
I agree with this. We know he gets a bit carried away at times & the Real Madrid game was a huge error  but I remember last season he seemed genuinely very happy we won the league

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
I agree with this. We know he gets a bit carried away at times & the Real Madrid game was a huge error  but I remember last season he seemed genuinely very happy we won the league

Me too.

Pre-Jurgen he gave me the most enjoyable league season of my life (if we don't count the last three games)

Think Brendan will end up being pretty successful to be honest - it seems he's adapting all the time.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Going for a 3-2 win in this one
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Going for a 3-2 win in this one

I fancy this. It will be high scoring but think we will manage to win.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Leicester have created the least number of chances from open play in the league this season. Don't see that changing just because we've got a few players out. Their XG was a joke last season up until Christmas and again this season. They don't create loads, they're just very clinical. See the City and Leeds games for example. Nearly every shot on target was a goal.

With our attacking players, I still fancy us to get the job done.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
That sound which we'll hear at the end, when we win, despite all the injuries and depletions, will be the sound of millions of butt-hurt hearts breaking
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When an injury ravaged LFC got beat by Leicester’s kids back in 81.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/20/leicester-liverpool-63-game-unbeaten-run-at-anfield

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
Leicester have created the least number of chances from open play in the league this season. Don't see that changing just because we've got a few players out. Their XG was a joke last season up until Christmas and again this season. They don't create loads, they're just very clinical. See the City and Leeds games for example. Nearly every shot on target was a goal.

With our attacking players, I still fancy us to get the job done.

Particularly clinical from the spot which is what we have to watch something like 8 pens overall with 6 (?) of them away..
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Particularly clinical from the spot which is what we have to watch something like 8 pens overall with 6 (?) of them away..

This is the thing and we know that Vardy is going to dive non-stop.  5 of his 8 goals have been penalties while he has 9 total shots in 6 games including those penalty shots.  That's basically been their entire offense this season.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
This is the thing and we know that Vardy is going to dive non-stop.  5 of his 8 goals have been penalties while he has 9 total shots in 6 games including those penalty shots.  That's basically been their entire offense this season.

An English player dive ? Surely not. Not the good honest blood and thunder English lads.  I thought it was called drawing a foul or being smart in trying to win a penalty.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
An English player dive ? Surely not. Not the good honest blood and thunder English lads.  I thought it was called drawing a foul or being smart in trying to win a penalty.

Vardy (Eng) has been awarded 3; Maddison (Eng) 2 and Justin (Eng) 2 (one of which was missed), with the other awarded for a handball against the Wolves lad Kilman who incidentally is also English  :lmao
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/416623-alisson-becker-to-pay-special-tribute-to-ray-clemence?

Alisson Becker will pay a special tribute to Ray Clemence before Liverpool's Premier League meeting with Leicester City on Sunday evening.

As a mark of respect to the legendary Reds goalkeeper, who passed away at the age of 72 last weekend, Alisson will warm up in a replica Clemence jersey at Anfield.

The shirt is an exact replica of the one on show in the club's museum, which was donated by Clemence from the 1981 European Cup final, in which he kept a clean sheet as Real Madrid were defeated 1-0 in Paris.

The jersey has kindly been donated by LFC's museum curator, Stephen Done, from his personal collection.

After the game, it will be signed by the players and auctioned by LFC Foundation - with all funds being donated to Prostate Cancer UK.

Clemence made a remarkable 665 appearances for the Reds and helped the team to three European Cups and five league titles among a haul of major honours.

There will also be a minute's applause in memory of Clemence ahead of kick-off against Leicester, and the official matchday programme is dedicated to Liverpool's former No.1.

Offline nerdster4

• Anny Roader
Have a feeling this will be a comfortable home win

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
So Pearce saying Thiago hasn’t trained with the squad at all up until this point.

Buzz killed again!
YWNA

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We knew that, he was doing individual training and yesterday the players who were away had a gym session. I think Ox was the only one of the injured lot doing ball work training.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
No Ndidi, Soyuncu, Pereira for Leicester according to Rodgers. Won't be easy for them whoever we are able to put out.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
No Ndidi, Soyuncu, Pereira for Leicester according to Rodgers. Won't be easy for them whoever we are able to put out.
I think they've mostly been out all season, and the players who've come in have done well. This will probably be both teams' hardest league game so far this season.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
So Pearce saying Thiago hasn’t trained with the squad at all up until this point.

Buzz killed again!

He's been a real Buzz Killington as of late