The Liverpool FC Forum > RAWK Announcements, Feedback & Questions

The Israel thread is in the bin.

<< < (2/18) > >>

GreatEx:
Yeah. I only made a couple of posts to that thread because I appreciate the difficulty of the situation and my lack of authority, but simply wiping out the lot is disappointing. Not sure what moderation tools are available but if there are commands such as "delete all posts by user X in thread Y" then that would have IMO been a better way to flush out some of the nasty labeling that was going on. Also, encouraging people to join Twitter is a war crime.

jillc:

--- Quote from: GreatEx on October 13, 2023, 06:07:28 am ---Yeah. I only made a couple of posts to that thread because I appreciate the difficulty of the situation and my lack of authority, but simply wiping out the lot is disappointing. Not sure what moderation tools are available but if there are commands such as "delete all posts by user X in thread Y" then that would have IMO been a better way to flush out some of the nasty labeling that was going on. Also, encouraging people to join Twitter is a war crime.

--- End quote ---

It really isn't as in all things in life its what you do on there that matters. There are many good people on twitter.

Alan_X:
As I said, we will be discussing this and things may change.

Millie:
I really hope you reconsider this decision.  Quite a lot of us, me included have neither twitter or facebook.

Thanks.

Ma Vie en Rouge:
I can understand you all not wanting to moderate such a topic. And it's true, we will "solve" nothing. But I do think that thread was playing a useful role in naturally moderating opinions and viewpoints, which can be so polarised on this subject. For the most part (and I know there was a certain level of antagonistic argument) it looked to me like people were there to learn, and listen, as well as express their own thoughts and feelings. Anything that helps us listen to each other can only be a good thing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version