Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3286670 times)

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #22320 on: November 8, 2019, 09:56:28 am »
Really enjoyed the Greatest Show on ‘Disappointments’. Some very strong contributions and some mad memories of terrible signings. Ben Johnson’s memory of Diouf is a bit wild but he remembered something about him that I was convinced only I seemed to recall. It was at home to Villa - I was sat top of the Centenary - and Liverpool trudged their way to a 1-0 win. It was dire but I distinctly remember Diouf being 1-to-1 with the fullback and he flicked it up over both their heads in one swift movement.

In that split second he had Anfield in the palm of his hand...we were all speechless. Breathtaking.

Think he wasted the cross...

But yeah, the show was great although I thought Leanne Prescott was a bit of an odd booking. Nothing against her, but the other guests were all close mates who are very funny company. She didn’t fit that particular set-up. I’m sure she’d thrive better on other formats though.

Agree with all that, I'd only hoped it would be a bit longer, they seemed to be rushing to get through it right from the start. Leanne's selections were odd, Konchesky and Voronin? Who was disappointed by them? They were as shit as expected.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22321 on: November 8, 2019, 10:14:10 am »
Agree with all that, I'd only hoped it would be a bit longer, they seemed to be rushing to get through it right from the start. Leanne's selections were odd, Konchesky and Voronin? Who was disappointed by them? They were as shit as expected.

I thought Konchesky was a weird one. I remember the thread on here when we signed him and he was roundly shitted on.

First name that came into my head was Nuri Sahin.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #22322 on: November 8, 2019, 10:39:14 am »
Agree with all that, I'd only hoped it would be a bit longer, they seemed to be rushing to get through it right from the start.

Half an hour to get through three selections from 6 people was a bit mad. The Greatest Show with the Greatest Show Host deserves longer.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22323 on: November 8, 2019, 10:40:37 am »
Listened to the Alphabet Soup W episode today. Felt the lads didn't do him justice.

One of the myths about the 85/86 Double season is that Dalglish chose to return himself to the side for the run-in. He didn't. Walsh got a bad ankle injury against Man U (day he appeared with short hair having got rid of his iconic scallycut) and never recovered. Prior to that he was unbelievable (keeping KD out the team) for months.

He was also very good in first season (84/85) and scored after 12 seconds of his debut. 86/87 he didn't get as many goals but his standards were still superb.

To say it never really worked out for him is just wrong. He played in a European Cup Final and won a league title medal. Many very good Liverpool players over 30 years cant claim that.

This show at Goodison in 1987 is typical of him. A brilliant player. And having met and interviewed him on TAW a very nice guy who says what he thinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMzkf3iB6fg

I'll stick Walsh in the same bracket as McManaman as totally underrated.

Mike Nev

Really interesting this. I was genuinely of the impression that Walsh was a flop. This is why TAW could do with a few more older heads for better representation of our past imo.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #22324 on: November 8, 2019, 11:07:59 am »
I don’t think TAW is typically bad at covering our history - I’m sure it’s been very useful over the years in helping younger listeners understand the club’s past. On Walsh, I thought Gutmann was pretty positive about him. A 1 in 3 striker who didn’t stay that long. Deserves credit but he’s not gone down in legend. When you have a huge cast of heroes to choose from, Walsh isn’t going to be remembered in comparison to many others.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #22325 on: November 8, 2019, 01:48:56 pm »
Considering TAW was going on about how they had a ton of content in the build-up to city I'm shocked they don't have a single pod/video out about the match yet on Thursday lunchtime. Not sure about the average TAW listener but I'm sure I'm not alone in not having the time to listen to podcasts over the weekend. If the Weekender/Team Talk were released on Friday morning I think that might increase the number of people who listen to the latter two shows. By the time I have the chance to listen to the weekender or team talk the matches have already happened. I can only speak for myself obviously but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The Friday Show came out at 6PM on the Thursday and The Weekender came out at 7AM this morning.

That's a podcast each for the commute to and from work, or one split over the two.

:D

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #22326 on: November 8, 2019, 02:24:08 pm »
The Friday Show came out at 6PM on the Thursday and The Weekender came out at 7AM this morning.

That's a podcast each for the commute to and from work, or one split over the two.
Yup, done just that! I just thought there might be a City pod or video Wednesday/early Thursday instead to spread them out. The Preview Show, Stats Preview Show, Weekender, Friday Show and Team Talk are all released on late Thursday/Friday. Would be nice from a consumer POV if one of these could be released mid-week so all the pods/videos aren't crammed into the end of the week.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22327 on: November 8, 2019, 02:37:26 pm »
Just came in to post that. Blowing smoke up our proverbial if anything. He is describing them as if it was a newly promoted side coming to Anfield.

Wrap folks are waaaay too mild with City contributors.
I thought Josh could have challenged him on some of his pessimism but maybe these features are meant to be purely from the fans perspective.  For example he could have mentioned the form of the likes of Sterling and De Bruyne when it was said City have absolutely no chance of winning or on the Bravo talk he could have pointed out how he played in the Community Shield against us.  None of us are stupid enough to think City are as hopeless as he said.

It was more like the City of old or a modern day Everton. 

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22328 on: November 8, 2019, 02:37:38 pm »
The problem with doing preview shows early is that they can get dated quickly. For example, a preview show done on Wednesday that gets released Thursday morning would have been made redundant at 9.15pm on Wednesday.

Offline robbohuyton

• Main Stander
  • Any spares lad?
« Reply #22329 on: November 8, 2019, 04:10:07 pm »
We've been shortlisted for Fan Media of the Year in the Football Supporters' Association awards. If you could give us a vote here that would be boss. Nice one.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/fsa-awards-2019

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #22330 on: November 8, 2019, 04:15:49 pm »
The problem with doing preview shows early is that they can get dated quickly. For example, a preview show done on Wednesday that gets released Thursday morning would have been made redundant at 9.15pm on Wednesday.
Maybe introduce a mid-week show that is a round up of European/Domestic cup games from that midweek (essentially a european/domestic cup version of the coach home)? Friday Show, Weekender, The Preview, Stats Preview, Team Talk essentially all preview the upcoming Liverpool game in some form and are often very overlapping in content, it would be better to have some diversity in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2019, 04:21:36 pm by MerseysideBrum »
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22331 on: November 8, 2019, 09:28:36 pm »
We've been shortlisted for Fan Media of the Year in the Football Supporters' Association awards. If you could give us a vote here that would be boss. Nice one.

done. good luck

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22332 on: November 9, 2019, 01:21:43 am »

Done :)

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22333 on: November 9, 2019, 06:16:38 am »
Enjoyed the discussion on the Monday show about Trent moving into midfield. Thought Neil argued well in defence of keeping him at right back. Certainly didn’t agree when Kev said moving him would be similar to Gerrard who started at full back. That’s not true, he played a few games there but was definitely middle of the park in his early days.

That was a great and necessary chat. Neil's completely right in my book. He should've brought up the fact that centre mid wasn't even Gerrard's best position either, just one that people of a certain vintage assume is the most mature or important role on the pitch.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22334 on: November 9, 2019, 08:15:54 am »
I thought Josh could have challenged him on some of his pessimism but maybe these features are meant to be purely from the fans perspective.  For example he could have mentioned the form of the likes of Sterling and De Bruyne when it was said City have absolutely no chance of winning or on the Bravo talk he could have pointed out how he played in the Community Shield against us.  None of us are stupid enough to think City are as hopeless as he said.

It was more like the City of old or a modern day Everton. 

I find that Josh 'interviews' but Neil 'chats', I much prefer a chat.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #22335 on: November 10, 2019, 07:50:09 am »
I find that Josh 'interviews' but Neil 'chats', I much prefer a chat.
To be fair, Neil has about a decade on Josh. Neil hasn’t just arrived at this level. Josh is undergoing his apprenticeship right now. He’s getting better all the time in my opinion.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #22336 on: November 10, 2019, 09:17:31 am »
And Neil is just.... incredibly good at it...

By any broadcasting standards... he such a very goood listener.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #22337 on: November 10, 2019, 09:32:00 am »
And Neil is just.... incredibly good at it...

By any broadcasting standards... he such a very goood listener.
True

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22338 on: November 10, 2019, 12:05:15 pm »
Yeah, all a bit mad. Generally he’s a very good contributor but was crying it in a tad.

It just goes to show this fucking weird small hard done by underdog mentality they try to cultivate is so real. Never seen anything like it ever. This is a team that won nearly 200 points in 2 seasons and he's talking as if it's a third tier side. United used to come with the likes of oshea, wes brown and Diego forlan and give it Billy big bollocks because they knew they were good. These meffs are desperate to down play their quality in some sort of bid to amplify their achievements. Fucking weird them
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22339 on: November 10, 2019, 12:27:24 pm »
"I think they're alright" made me laugh on the Weekender ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22340 on: November 10, 2019, 01:27:07 pm »
Gibbo and Craigy bossing it on 5Live just now, well in.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #22341 on: November 10, 2019, 09:17:44 pm »
The match has broken TAW.
Kill the humourless

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22342 on: November 10, 2019, 10:25:24 pm »
Now that’s a proper pink!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #22343 on: November 10, 2019, 11:13:59 pm »
Now that’s a proper pink!

Neil Docking's opener has instantly made it into my top 5 of all time.
:D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22344 on: November 11, 2019, 12:58:23 am »
Epic pink. Get them fucking wools in from Mars :D

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22345 on: November 11, 2019, 01:42:05 am »
Great post match show. :D

Also, the 3-1 score as predicted by everyone on The Friday show. :D
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22346 on: November 11, 2019, 09:48:27 am »
That opening from Gibbo and Neil Docking  :D great Pink
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22347 on: November 11, 2019, 10:13:41 am »
That opening from Gibbo and Neil Docking  :D great Pink

Proper goosebumps when Neil went off on one! Brilliant to listen to.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22348 on: November 11, 2019, 01:58:19 pm »
Poor Atko in his sickbed for the biggest match of the year! Pink was great.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22349 on: November 11, 2019, 02:00:45 pm »
Desperate for the monday show. I've pretty much completed Liverpool content on the internet now and neeeeeed my fix.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #22350 on: November 11, 2019, 02:27:47 pm »
Desperate for the monday show. I've pretty much completed Liverpool content on the internet now and neeeeeed my fix.

It's out mate, came out at 1345
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22351 on: November 11, 2019, 02:50:01 pm »

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22352 on: November 11, 2019, 02:51:47 pm »

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #22353 on: November 11, 2019, 03:33:13 pm »
Can't stop thinking about battering the wools from Mars

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22354 on: November 11, 2019, 03:36:47 pm »
I'm an audio only subscriber but I got those 200 free credits last month,  can anyone tell me how I use them to buy a video? Because I was thinking of using credits to watch the full version of the Post Match Pint but I can't work out how.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #22355 on: November 11, 2019, 04:29:56 pm »
I'm an audio only subscriber but I got those 200 free credits last month,  can anyone tell me how I use them to buy a video? Because I was thinking of using credits to watch the full version of the Post Match Pint but I can't work out how.
Click on the premium video - there's a great red button saying 100 points to watch [emoji3]

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:32:06 pm by Rush 82 »

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22356 on: November 11, 2019, 04:54:04 pm »
Click on the premium video - there's a great red button saying 100 points to watch [emoji3]

Ah thanks mate I hadn't realised the full one appeared as a separate video, I was just looking at the free sample. Much appreciated!! 

GETTIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #22357 on: November 11, 2019, 05:14:07 pm »
Loved today's show just didn't like that no-one queried Paul Seniors point that City should have had a pen.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22358 on: November 11, 2019, 09:14:38 pm »
Mel Reddy back presenting today which was great.....

Always really knowledgable
W

Online Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #22359 on: November 11, 2019, 09:26:27 pm »
Conspiracy theory...

Neil’s interview with Michael Cox on the Weekender wasn’t in the immediate build-up to the City game- as hinted at - but was actually done in August or so. Amarite?