Author Topic: Liverpool Legends (formely known as the arl with the cardboard guitar in town)  (Read 30365 times)

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
What about that fella who used to put shoe polish on his head. Was his nickname cherry blossom?
Someone once told me he was always in denial if asked about the shoe polish.
Worked at plesseys someone else said.

I rememeber seeing him in the rain and the polish was running down his face.
Looked like he'd come out of a coal pit.

Funny as fuck.

Was thinking about him recently actually and yes he was nicknamed Cherry Blossom. I think he usd to drink in The Corrie down in Childwall Valley.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline The Albert Cock

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
jaffa the kaffa - black lad with ginga hair, always jogging by the strand
beep - already mentioned here in detail
window - famous around bootle, old fella, alays carrying a ladder
no smoking man - liverpool city centre, strand and southport, with all hsi anti smoking stuff
purpleacky - when i was a kid thought he was a urban legend!  my excuse for not being miscley he is ;)

some boss characters on the streets of the pool.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
What about that old fella with long white hair and beard who dressed in mad clothes like orange flares and tye dyed t shirts, wore a cap a lot.
Always used to see him walking around bold street. Think his name was Albert.

And there was a black fella, who someone called the 'witch doctor'
Used to have like a beret on and had some kind of witch doctor's stick.

"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
Just read another thread and someone bumped into Jaffa in Bootle!

Jaffa Jaffa give us a wave.......         :wave

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Just read another thread and someone bumped into Jaffa in Bootle!

Jaffa Jaffa give us a wave.......         :wave

He's there every day
Legacy fan

Offline Bucke

• Custom title
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Man
« Reply #45 on: June 8, 2006, 12:18:18 pm »
No smoking man was committed to his cause. Used to cycle from town to southport one day and back again the next, all year round
@johnbuckels

Offline wadeywestderby1983

• Kopite
  • Czech Beer Monster
purpleacky - when i was a kid thought he was a urban legend!  my excuse for not being miscley he is ;)

I remember that urban legend. There was a black fella with dreads who used to hang around Norris Green and Croxteth, usually at shops either by the Dog & Gun, Roddies or the shops by the Good Shepherd. I was told he was Purple Acky.

Who remembers the lad in town, who used to hang around by the Maccies/HMV crossroad by Lords Street. Used to balance with his head in a bucket.

Or my recent favourite by the Rodericks shop/Dog and Gun, there is a fella with one leg in a wheelchair. Sits there everyday and night, shouting at people walking past or talking to the scals. If Im coming home one night at 1am, he's there, if Im out at 8am in the morning for work he's there. Always with a can of Guiness or Special Brew. This has been going on for about 2 years now.

Keep Tramps Scouse!

Bar Dvacet Jedno, Slavikova 21, Vinohrady

Offline deltoons

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Sad to hear about the fella with the cardboard guitar, a true Scouse eccentric, remember hearing the story about the 30k in the bank, thought it to be pure scouse mythology, who remembers the chinese bloke who used to walk around the walton, aintree, fazakerley areas really...and i mean really fast, bloke musta spent a bundle on new trainees.

Offline shammonkey

• Kemlynite
  • Why does it always rain on me ?
 who remembers the chinese bloke who used to walk around the walton, aintree, fazakerley areas really...and i mean really fast, bloke musta spent a bundle on new trainees.
[/quote]

Christ theres a blast from the past.Havent seen him for years,he must be about 65-70 now if he is still alive.When we were kids we used to shout Boo and he would take off like a Bat out of Hell.If the starter at the Olympics said BOO instead of using a starting pistol,this fellah would of given Carl Lewis a run for his money.
Dont you,throw that bloody spear at me.

Offline LucyjaneLFC

• Kemlynite
  • I'm not a stalker... honest
As long as 'Stubby' the aggressive beggar who hangs round Central Station does one (as in goes away - not dies), I'll be a happy man!

Did they ever find 'No Smoking Bike Man'? He went missing earlier this year, if my memory serves me correctly.

He chased me and my mate up bold street calling us wankers! Was pretty embarrassing actually!

Offline Aubrey the Strawberry

• The vagina monologuer
  • Main Stander
  • Fruits Fruits there's a bunch of us
Cherry Blossom is dead, popped his cork a good 5 years ago.

He was a right wierdo. In the rain was the funniest boot polish running down his face. His hands were always black.
In memory of my fallen Banana Brother

Offline Scally McBeal

• Legacy Fan
  • I fought the law and the law won
Ah. I remember coming out of Flanagans one Saturday night in my yoof and being accosted by him, brandishing his guitar and shouting "give us some money for the ooold alcoholic". Think I did, due to his honesty.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Tony Beep Beep was indeed ran over by a bus. very sad. very ironic.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
'Twangy' - now that takes me back to a happy memory. I remember one christmas a few years ago.. it was snowing ever so romantically in town.. and my mum went into sayers to buy us a couple of pasties.. anyway 'Twangy' was there playing a tennis racket in an old, flea bitten santa hat.. swaying from side to side playing a whole manner of festive songs.. i got ten pence off me mum and gave it to him and he gave it to him... he gave me this enormous wink and from that day forward I was sure he was the real santa, and that was his look out where he decided on those unlucky enough to get a bag of muck!

and now he's up there with his dad jesus :) thanks for the memory kesey..

---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
cherry blossom worked in plesseys and the women complained he stank,got pulled in the office and said it was his feet,took his shoes off and he had fucking gangrene in his toes,saw him in the rain with boot polish running down his face,classic,he also used to run a comb across it so it looked real!didnt work like. has anyone seen the fella in shorts and vest and plimsoles timing himself and sprinting round whitechapel like a fucking rocket funny as fuck
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

• Kopite
  • Czech Beer Monster
'Twangy' - now that takes me back to a happy memory. I remember one christmas a few years ago.. it was snowing ever so romantically in town.. and my mum went into sayers to buy us a couple of pasties.. anyway 'Twangy' was there playing a tennis racket in an old, flea bitten santa hat.. swaying from side to side playing a whole manner of festive songs.. i got ten pence off me mum and gave it to him and he gave it to him... he gave me this enormous wink and from that day forward I was sure he was the real santa, and that was his look out where he decided on those unlucky enough to get a bag of muck!

and now he's up there with his dad jesus :) thanks for the memory kesey..

Funny that mate.

I remember seeing him in town once as well on Mathew st, Crimbo Eve. Santa hat and strumming away on the old cardboard guitar. Ive gave him a few quid over the years, I hope he isnt dead.

Offline Stanfo

• Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Legacy Fan
Purple Acky was no urban myth he was an absolute twat who used to hang around the south end and other places in the 80's. Massive guy and very, how can I put it black. He got put away for manslaughter for killing a young lad over the water I think, made the lad give him piggy backs, the lad went under a train trying to get away. He got battered a few times around Garston but kept coming back for more. As I said a twat.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
Purple Acky was no urban myth he was an absolute twat who used to hang around the south end and other places in the 80's. Massive guy and very, how can I put it black. He got put away for manslaughter for killing a young lad over the water I think, made the lad give him piggy backs, the lad went under a train trying to get away. He got battered a few times around Garston but kept coming back for more. As I said a twat.
ended up in nick for going up to st helens and looking for the rugby head to feel their muscles,into lads on the weights,im still refusing to exercise 20 years later,one scary fucker.

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
Does jaffa still hang around the law courts in bootle goin into all the cases an takin notes?? I used think he was purple acky an was always terrified of him.
The stories of ol' purple i used to hear was that he offered a choice of pop or slash, either get P slashed on one ass cheek and A on the other, or get ya ass popped.
Anyone else recall "stiffy" used to walk arfound dodge / netherton and keep his arms perfectly still by his sides and not move his head. Seen him with a ciggy one day, movin his arms ok to smoke it.

Also mick, another one goin back  a few years, and again round netherton areas, but would always get on the bus and talk to bus drivers. A very intimidatin huge blonde fella that used to quack all the time and shout random swear words, apparantly due to bein knocked off a motorbike while abroad. I knew mick an had a lot of time for him, but would get freaked out / scared when he started. Lookin back it sounds as though he just had that tourrettes thingy.
SOme legends mentioned on here though bringin back some funny and some scary memories.
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline superste21

• Legacy Fan
  • The beautiful game!
Does jaffa still hang around the law courts in bootle goin into all the cases an takin notes?? I used think he was purple acky an was always terrified of him.
The stories of ol' purple i used to hear was that he offered a choice of pop or slash, either get P slashed on one ass cheek and A on the other, or get ya ass popped.
Anyone else recall "stiffy" used to walk arfound dodge / netherton and keep his arms perfectly still by his sides and not move his head. Seen him with a ciggy one day, movin his arms ok to smoke it.

Also mick, another one goin back  a few years, and again round netherton areas, but would always get on the bus and talk to bus drivers. A very intimidatin huge blonde fella that used to quack all the time and shout random swear words, apparantly due to bein knocked off a motorbike while abroad. I knew mick an had a lot of time for him, but would get freaked out / scared when he started. Lookin back it sounds as though he just had that tourrettes thingy.
SOme legends mentioned on here though bringin back some funny and some scary memories.

I used to be shit scared of Purple Acky when I was younger. He seemed to be in every park in south Liverpool, the dirty peado
Traore gives me the shits!

• Kopite
  • Czech Beer Monster
I used to be shit scared of Purple Acky when I was younger. He seemed to be in every park in south Liverpool, the dirty peado

A mates ma told us that he was a valuable police informant. That was why he always seemed to be out on the streets and not locked up.

Offline Bootle

• Legacy Fan
  • Prove that we live in a Red and White Kop

Jaffa flogs bits and pieces off a table by the post office at the strand every day. I walked past him the other day and I was dying to tell him about the threads on the forums about him, bet he'd be made up. someone should go and tell him and get a few pics.

Purple Aki has his own wiki page too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Aki

From where theres a news story about his jailing:
http://www.sthelenstoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=70&ArticleID=713136

Supposedly he was called PA because hes so black hes purple and an Aki is a jamaican fruit

Edit: just googled "purple aki" and theres loads about him, including a myspace page :o. Funny feeling its not him though.l
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 04:25:53 pm by Bootle »

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
In April 2006, "Purple Acky" Akinwale Arobieke was found guilty of Non-Consentual Sodomy of Liverpool Franchisee owner . Police doctors who inspected his victim's rear found Arobieke's trademark carvings of P & A on each Buttock. Akinwale was bailed whilst awaiting sentencing, and has since had an arrest warrant issued for skipping Bail.

Good to know the streets were almost safe  ???
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 02:52:23 pm by Bob Kurac »
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
Anybody know or has seen that fella who like a vicar around Aigburth/Allerton way?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Bootle

• Legacy Fan
  • Prove that we live in a Red and White Kop
In April 2006, "Purple Acky" Akinwale Arobieke was found guilty of Non-Consentual Sodomy of Liverpool Franchisee owner . Police doctors who inspected his victim's rear found Arobieke's trademark carvings of P & A on each Buttock. Akinwale was bailed whilst awaiting sentencing, and has since had an arrest warrant issued for skipping Bail.

Thats from wiki yeah? I dont think It was there the other day, has he been released? I know he got 6 years in 2003 so its possible I suppose, but I haven't seen anything in the local press about it.

I dont think that bits true to be honest.

Offline Bucke

• Custom title
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thats from wiki yeah? I dont think It was there the other day, has he been released? I know he got 6 years in 2003 so its possible I suppose, but I haven't seen anything in the local press about it.

I dont think that bits true to be honest.

I'm fairly sure that bit and the bit before it are pisstakes - lads putting ther mates names in etc
@johnbuckels

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
Anybody know or has seen that fella who like a vicar around Aigburth/Allerton way?

Yep - always hanging around that church on Sunday mornings, must be a perv or something ;)
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
The dancing granny spotted outside a bar near you

One

Two

*these are not my videos*

:D

Offline rafared83

• cAPTAIN cAPSLOCK
  • Anny Roader
  • THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL BOYS
Dont know her name but theres an old woman stinks of cat piss wears leg warmers , mini skirt has a walking stick and always drags along a shopping trolley . seen in kenny and on breck road

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
Dont know her name but theres an old woman stinks of cat piss wears leg warmers , mini skirt has a walking stick and always drags along a shopping trolley . seen in kenny and on breck road

It's Cilla Black. She's decided to fuck her mansion next to Tarby off and return home.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone around the Mossley Hill area know Smiler? Tall halfcast fella who walks everywhere with a massive grin on his face.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
Anyone around the Mossley Hill area know Smiler? Tall halfcast fella who walks everywhere with a massive grin on his face.

No, but I know that cheeky fucker who goes round Lark Lane of the same discription going " Oi , kidda here. ( then actions as he wants you to go to him )  gizza quid will ya "

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
Does anyone remeber Mad frank from Aigburth near St.michaels staion.
Lived in a corner house and used to get daily abuse from kids for miles around.
Was rumoured to have knifed some kid for calling him frankie (no idea if this is just myth or truth)
havent heard anything about him for over ten years, anyone know anything

Offline jan molby 10

• Main Stander
who remembers the chinese bloke who used to walk around the walton, aintree, fazakerley areas really...and i mean really fast, bloke musta spent a bundle on new trainees.

Christ theres a blast from the past.Havent seen him for years,he must be about 65-70 now if he is still alive.When we were kids we used to shout Boo and he would take off like a Bat out of Hell.If the starter at the Olympics said BOO instead of using a starting pistol,this fellah would've given Carl Lewis a run for his money.
seen him tonight by the queens warbreck moor , his name is speedy and he is from the cottage homes can sometimes be very violent , tony beep beep  was or is brilliant i remember him when i worked in dovecot standing in or by the bus stop by dovecot shops just past the lights on east prescot , we all used to say on the site all he wants in life is the BEEP BEEP , old fella is called plink a plink as if you hear him play thats what he says plink a plink a plink , brilliant  . 

Offline jan molby 10

• Main Stander

The legend of purple acky  amazing , he lived in south hill street dingle  but his legend was all over , jaffa used to liver in aintree and used to go the match often havent seen him for a few years though .

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anybody used to go to Archbishop Beck remember the ubiquitous 'Mary The Pro'? When we'd go 'home' for our dinner about 18 lads would all get gravy and chips and casue general naughtiness in the one hour slot.

One 'legend' who would roam the streets of Evered Avenue was the aforementioned Mary, a woman with hairy ears, one tooth and a filthy long overcoat and little else. For little more than half a cigarette she would flash her bits to the group... Not a pleasant sight to a grown up man... but to generations of 14 year olds this was very heaven and the first sight of the promised land... I heard she even gave one poor (seemed lucky at the time) scamp a wank behind Dirty Mavis's...

God Bless Her!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 10:36:00 am by TheMightyRed »

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
that is fucking disgusting LOL
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
His Name was Plink-a-Plink     and rumour has it, he was a millionare??!!
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline Darren_LFC

• Main Stander
  • At the end of the storm Is a golden sky

I always see this fella by my al fellas on dovedale road proper marching away, on the same day I saw him in Sefton park then on the corner of Ullet Road and Aigburth Road then by Greenbank Park in the space of 2 hours

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
plink-a-plonk has got a twin in benidorm,i gave him some odds last night and he uses the same act as our plinka