Author Topic: Update your passwords!  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Update your passwords!
« on: January 17, 2023, 12:00:07 pm »
We've been seeing an increase in spam from dormant accounts recently on the boards, and we'd like to request that you update your passwords.

For the sake of clarity, this is NOT an issue with RAWK and we have not detected a security breach. This is affecting a minority of accounts but in the interest of keeping your shit safe, you can check if your details have been included in any security breaches on http://haveibeenpwned.com/ (no, it's not a typo). You can enter your email address on there and check if you've been included. If you know you use common combinations of your email and password, get on and change them on ANY appropriate services. This is a general security recommendation, not RAWK specific.

If any sites give you the option of two factor authentication, do it and I can't stress this enough... ensure your email, at minimum, is 2FA protected and ANY service you use for single sign on (google, apple, facebook and twitter are common providers). It's better and safer. It's best to use unique passwords for this I would recommend looking into a password manager, I won't recommend one because I don't know the specifics of your devices, whether or not you're good with tech or the state of your memory.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Update your passwords!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 12:35:20 pm »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 12:42:45 pm »
Took me a while to remember my old one
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 01:00:35 pm »
All safe 😊

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 01:53:45 pm »

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 02:33:48 pm »
If anyone is struggling to change it, DM me your current password and I'll do it for you.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 02:38:17 pm »
If anyone is struggling to change it, DM me your current bank details and I'll do it for you.
TIA
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 02:39:08 pm »
If anyone is struggling to change it, DM me your current password and I'll do it for you.
If anyone sends me their bank account details and PIN, then I'll change Elmo!'s entire profile for them :wave

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 03:09:27 pm »

L1fes@ver mate, thanks.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2023, 03:33:54 pm »

I've just seen my new custom title thing - you want to hope you've updated your password too mate!!! ;D (well played, well played)...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2023, 03:45:52 am »
Can someone point the way to the screen to change my password please - Being a div and can't find it - ta

done it  :wave
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 03:50:42 am by kavah »