The Liverpool FC Forum > General Football and Sport

The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)

<< < (6542/6780) > >>

moondog:
Iíll be setting off rockets too when these eventually get relegated .

JRed:
Just enjoy the free firework display

Son of Spion:

--- Quote from: RedBec1993 on June 11, 2023, 07:44:11 am ---...Why do the bitters think the way they do? Warped.

--- End quote ---
Simply put, their own club is a shite, embarrassing, shambolic mess, so they have no choice but to live vicariously.

jillcwhomever:
Someone was setting off fireworks in New Brighton as well after the final. I keep hoping it was just someone's birthday, but who knows?  :-\

LuverlyRita:

--- Quote from: Son of Spion on June  9, 2023, 05:07:54 pm ---He's done well to free himself of the stigma attached with managing the Shite and the Manc Shite.

Who said you can't reinvent yourself?

--- End quote ---
I don't think Moyes has entirely shaken off his cautious approach to games i.e. focus on not getting beaten rather than aiming for a win. It suited the mid-table mediocrity mindset that set in across the Park during his tenure there (albeit I think many Blues would bite your hand off for that approach now) and I've heard one or two West Ham fans complain about it. It was one of the reasons why I could never imagine him being a success at United. The "previous Scot" always threw caution to the wind in an attempt to get 3 points at the risk of conceding. Sadly for us it was a gamble that generally paid off  :(
I'll confess I was in 2 minds who to support the other night. On the one hand it's good to see a serial loser get some silverware and the celebrations with his Dad were lovely. On the other hand he often comes across as a bit "up himself". Once the game started however it was no contest. The dark arts on display from Fiorentina - especially the constant rolling around on the floor - got right up my nose and I was delighted with that last minute winner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version