Author Topic: Kirkby upgrade for 1st team??  (Read 122046 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kirkby upgrade for 1st team??
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2020, 09:52:21 am »
Thanks for the tip off on the naming rights Craig. Tell your FSG bosses that you did good.  8)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2020, 10:13:40 am »
There's a video on the LFC Instagram looking around the facility - I'm sure on the wall it has a PL trophy with a number 1 below it, bit disappointing if we're going with that rather than a 19 titles now.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2020, 10:20:30 am »
There's a video on the LFC Instagram looking around the facility - I'm sure on the wall it has a PL trophy with a number 1 below it, bit disappointing if we're going with that rather than a 19 titles now.

Yeah spotted that.

Think it’ll still be combined on the champions wall - hopefully this is something that’s brought over directly from Melwood.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2020, 10:28:16 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiWeLpaBBtM

Can't remember how to embed sorry!

I wonder if it wasn't for Covid if they'd offer tours of Melwood before it closed. Always been a dream of mine to go round there.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2020, 10:57:18 am »
Heard its worth £400m.  ::)
Where from?
Assume that would be multi year and include the existing training deal?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2020, 10:58:36 am »
No way it’s £400m unless it’s like a 20yr deal (which I highly doubt it will be).

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2020, 11:01:35 am »
Anyone calling it AXA training centre instead of Kirkby needs their heads checked as well.  ;D

Also mad that we still don't have a Main Stand sponsorship deal.  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2020, 11:07:33 am »
Anyone calling it AXA training centre instead of Kirkby needs their heads checked as well.  ;D

I’ve always found individual stand sponsors a bit pointless, especially for a stand which has had a name for decades already and would only ever get called that, and would barely get any coverage in media, etc.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2020, 11:12:10 am »
I get your point mate but the club did say we're looking to get one when it opened.

Just seen a shout from Jim Beglin on twitter saying it should've been named after Ronnie Moran.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2020, 11:12:57 am »
Plus it’s worth remembering that football is not played under a roof. Whilst you don’t want a super windy training ground as stadiums will remove some of the wind, you also don’t want a training pitch which removes all wind and rain as it doesn’t simulate what you’ll play in.

It wouldn’t prepare them for a cold raining night in Stoke that’s for sure.
Agree, but need at least one full covered pitch where it is better to do inside than in the blizzard.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2020, 11:17:04 am »
That's the Sports hall mate, it's full pitch sized.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2020, 11:19:08 am »
No way it’s £400m unless it’s like a 20yr deal (which I highly doubt it will be).
Do you know how much the existing Axa deal is for? I remember reading something that mentioned it was around double the amount that betting company (whose name I've forgotten) paid then I think they expanded it a couple of years back.

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2020, 11:26:42 am »
That's the Sports hall mate, it's full pitch sized.
So does that mean they can do a fully indoor training one day if required?
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2020, 11:27:18 am »
Pretty sure you could.  :D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2020, 11:27:27 am »

Theres no direct sponsor benefit for the Main Stand though is there? Tickets aren't printed anymore, tv cameras are from that stand so its not even on TV, it won't get mentioned during broadcast at all. Im not surprised there isn't one, it was always going to be a difficult sell.

Now the training ground is pretty easy no? Combine it with a kit sponsorship alongside the pre-match press conferences, new signing unveiling, Sky setting up shop on transfer deadline day and training videos and you get a hell of a lot of brand exposure!

Do you know how much the existing Axa deal is for? I remember reading something that mentioned it was around double the amount that betting company (whose name I've forgotten) paid then I think they expanded it a couple of years back.

Rumoured to be around £20m a year

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 27, 2020, 11:34:03 am »

Why can't a listed company like AXA match the financial might of the deal Manchester City got from their state owned sponsor Etihad?  ;)

In case you missed it I was being sarcastic.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2020, 11:36:59 am »
Why can't a listed company like AXA match the financial might of the deal Manchester City got from their state owned sponsor Etihad?  ;)

No I assumed you were which is why I didn’t reply initially. Just thought I would when others started to before it became fact  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2020, 11:50:43 am »
I see a lot of Leicester fans pointing out their training complex is worth 100 million. Pointed out to some that theirs is totally from scratch and includes a 50 room hotel, where as our is an extension and upgraded facilities of our Academy setup there.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2020, 11:53:47 am »

Ha! I didn't make the link with the Etihad deal so missed the sarcasm, was just interested in case some actual figures had been reported which is why my first question was where from.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2020, 11:57:01 am »
Yes but why not for the main team as well. Just always look at all the articles and never am sure if it is there or not. Is the sports hall the indoor pitch.

Citys indoor first team pitch is used by the academy sides most of the time, so we're doing nothing different to them. In the pic, reception is at the bottom, then you have the building that has the indoor pitch and all the other stuff and the first team outdoor pitch next to it.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2020, 12:03:22 pm »
I see a lot of Leicester fans pointing out their training complex is worth 100 million. Pointed out to some that theirs is totally from scratch and includes a 50 room hotel, where as our is an extension and upgraded facilities of our Academy setup there.

Hardly an extension, it’s a brand new facility on land next door to the academy.

Plus that’s kinda like Everton fans boasting that they have a £50m midfielder in Sigurdsson so he must be better than our £25m midfielder Wijnaldum.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2020, 12:05:36 pm »
 :D

But you get my point mate. We've already got a facilities up there , some of which will have been upgraded not totally built from scratch which is what Leicester are doing. So of course it will cost more.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #222 on: October 27, 2020, 12:09:15 pm »

But you get my point mate. We've already got a facilities up there , some of which will have been upgraded not totally built from scratch which is what Leicester are doing. So of course it will cost more.

Yeah, we’ve obv only had to take into account the U23/First team rather than from tiny kids right up.

Not sure expensive always means better anyway, as long as Klopp is happy, and it seems he was involved in the design so he should be, then I can’t see it being anything but a first class facility.

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 27, 2020, 12:10:46 pm »
So do we not have boarding facilities. Mourinho boasted of the same at Tottenham's training facilities, saying he is very comfortable staying at the training ground.
FSG out I say.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2020, 12:12:22 pm »
Next stop is opening up a Travelodge there.   ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2020, 12:24:46 pm »
So do we not have boarding facilities. Mourinho boasted of the same at Tottenham's training facilities, saying he is very comfortable staying at the training ground.
FSG out I say.

I grew up in Kirkby, you wouldn't want to risk the players staying overnight ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2020, 12:28:47 pm »

We can call it "Stan..."
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2020, 01:26:47 pm »
We can call it "Stan..."
I like it Stan and Lee Park training ground.
Or we can call Fabinho Axa.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2020, 02:08:24 pm »
I like it Stan and Lee Park training ground.
Or we can call Fabinho Axa.

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #229 on: October 28, 2020, 05:14:25 pm »
Apologies if already posted.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eiWeLpaBBtM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eiWeLpaBBtM</a>
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2020, 03:30:39 pm »
I think this is a new picture. Some of the pitches still not marked out yet.  :D

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #231 on: November 1, 2020, 10:32:29 am »
Plus it’s worth remembering that football is not played under a roof. Whilst you don’t want a super windy training ground as stadiums will remove some of the wind, you also don’t want a training pitch which removes all wind and rain as it doesn’t simulate what you’ll play in.

It wouldn’t prepare them for a cold raining night in Stoke that’s for sure.

They've put wind shields in at least.

Pointless moaning about rain, you have to deal with that. We play several games a season in storm like conditions with the wind as well which we have to deal with, but it's not ideal to train in.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: November 2, 2020, 12:53:00 am »
Last week at Melwood lads. Countdown begins.  :(

Offline TheYashLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #233 on: November 5, 2020, 03:21:45 pm »
Last week at Melwood lads. Countdown begins.  :(

Pretty sad but a much needed move.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: November 6, 2020, 12:46:50 pm »
Kloppo saying in press conference that Melwood was good for us but will not be good enough for us in the future. Saying the new site is not just for him but for LFC for the next 500 years.  :D

Klopp on the new complex in Kirkby: "I was involved in all the useful stuff - pitches, gyms, indoor, all the things we really need. This building isn't for me, it's for LFC for the next 500 years. It must be right."

Things change and we have to adapt. Melwood is still good but not in the future, so we try to prepare for the future so we leave a really good place and move to an even better one."
« Last Edit: November 6, 2020, 01:52:00 pm by Samie »

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #235 on: November 8, 2020, 11:58:43 am »
Always going to be sad to leave somewhere with so much history, and losing something of the old school romance in kids (and people who are probably a bit too old!) being able to wheel up the bins for a nosey.

But then I was also sad to see the shitty old changing rooms and narrow stairwell down to the pitch go because I'm a hopeless romantic  ;D

The new facilities obviously look quality. Exciting times for the future of club.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2020, 12:06:33 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: November 8, 2020, 12:37:32 pm »
Hoping the club do some good content on the move next week to get me through the turgid internationals

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: November 8, 2020, 02:15:54 pm »
First question that needs to be answered is why does Jurgen need 2 Widescreen Tele's in his swanky new office?  ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: November 8, 2020, 05:44:19 pm »
First question that needs to be answered is why does Jurgen need 2 Widescreen Tele's in his swanky new office?  ;D

Got them on a two for and he already has 4 in his toilet.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Matt_Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #239 on: November 10, 2020, 02:50:30 pm »
We are booked in for training the physios on the Wednesday. Pretty desperate to get the players in the Hydroworx.

Edit - Anyone know when the team is fully moving over?