Author Topic: Grenfell Tower Fire  (Read 138731 times)

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Grenfell Tower Fire
« Reply #1240 on: February 24, 2021, 07:04:46 am »
Arconic ordered staff not to share details of combustible cladding, Grenfell inquiry hears.
https://www.building.co.uk/news/arconic-ordered-staff-not-to-share-details-of-combustible-cladding-grenfell-inquiry-hears/5110313.article

I manage a sales team, and that is frankly outrageous - I hope they are prosecuted for that deliberately misleading information.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1241 on: February 24, 2021, 11:20:35 pm »
In Parliament, the Conservatives just voted down putting Grenfell Inquiry recommendations into law....

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #1242 on: February 24, 2021, 11:47:34 pm »
In Parliament, the Conservatives just voted down putting Grenfell Inquiry recommendations into law....

Wouldn't expect anything else from those bastards.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1243 on: February 25, 2021, 08:03:43 am »

Massive shock there!

I believe some of the head guys at Arconic are Tory donors.

Not to mention all their other buddies in the construction industry.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1244 on: March 23, 2021, 12:38:13 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56491991

These corrupt Tory scum are shameless.

Millionaire/billionaire property developers - many of whom are Tory Party donors - sacrifice fire safety to greedily maximise their profits, using unsuitable (cheap) materials. They should be held to account.

Instead, the poor buggers conned into buying property in unsafe buildings now have to find the tens of thousands to put it right.

There is no end to the corrupt shithousery of these shysters.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: June 14, 2021, 05:05:41 pm »
And now the lying corrupt piece of mouldering turd comes out with this nugget today:

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
@BorisJohnson
·
8h

United Kingdom government official
Today we remember the 72 lives lost in the Grenfell tragedy four years ago. My thoughts are with the survivors, the bereaved and the wider community affected by this devastating fire.

This government is committed to ensuring this never happens again.

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1404340303046316035

Given this corrupt government has refused to put the cost onto the greedy scumbags who've profited by £millions through using cheap, unsafe cladding, him saying that is an insult to the tens of thousands of people who, through no fault of their own, are facing massive bills to put right the deadly fuck-up caused by the unadulterated greed of building companies and property management parasites.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1246 on: June 14, 2021, 05:20:27 pm »
Four years, that’s gone by so quickly. You sense there will be another cover up and no one ever truly being held accountable, although hopefully not.

RIP.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1247 on: June 14, 2021, 06:29:15 pm »

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
@BorisJohnson
·
8h

I'm a two-faced, hypocritical cockwomble who'll say anything to get a few votes.
Fuck off, knobheaded scarecrow. If you genuinely gave a shite you'd already have passed the Hillsborough Law which would created more a level playing field for the friends and families of the Grenfell 72. c*nt.

Justice for Grenfell. Justice for all.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #1248 on: June 14, 2021, 07:15:10 pm »
Four Years and Still No Accountability.

Justice For Grenfell.

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: June 14, 2021, 07:23:35 pm »
Four Years and Still No Accountability.

Justice For Grenfell.

I wouldn't bank on there being any at all.

It'll go the same way as Hillsborough.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #1250 on: June 14, 2021, 07:30:11 pm »
I wouldn't bank on there being any at all.

It'll go the same way as Hillsborough.

Didn't want to go there - but yep - absolutely certain that.

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #1251 on: June 15, 2021, 03:43:30 pm »
Playing devil's advocate here, but why would an MP vote it down UNLESS they had been lobbied to by a party donor.. ?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1252 on: June 15, 2021, 04:03:49 pm »
Playing devil's advocate here, but why would an MP vote it down UNLESS they had been lobbied to by a party donor.. ?

Because they themselves, as landlords, have a financial interest in the recommendations not going into law?

This government is corrupt.

We've had previous Tory governments that I've despised, but this one is out and out corrupt in almost all their dealings - and so brazen about it, too.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #1253 on: June 15, 2021, 04:47:31 pm »

Because they themselves, as landlords, have a financial interest in the recommendations not going into law?

This government is corrupt.

We've had previous Tory governments that I've despised, but this one is out and out corrupt in almost all their dealings - and so brazen about it, too.
Yeah, it's probably one of the modern Conservatives most salient 'policies' and one of the biggest reasons not to vote for them.

Any government who are not seeking to protect their citizens are fundamentally failing in their core responsibility. Simple as that.

RIP Grenfell Victims.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: August 30, 2021, 11:59:38 pm »
Cladding related fire in Milan today luckily no casualties, what's the betting it's the same sh*t as Grenfell ?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: September 16, 2021, 09:38:08 pm »
I've stopped reading most articles about this now as they were just putting me in a mood that was hard to shake,this one is going to take a few puffs to get over.

Cladding: Panels failed fire tests 13 years before Grenfell

Leaked test results suggest the government and construction industry had early evidence of the dangers posed by cladding, 13 years before the Grenfell Tower fire.

Panels, commonly used on buildings in the UK, failed fire tests carried out in 2004.

The results, marked "Commercial in confidence", were circulated within an industry advisory group.

They were recently passed to the BBC and, until now, never made public.

Hundreds of thousands of flat owners are now threatened with large bills because of construction materials which pose a risk in fires.

The 2004 results were among the first from a British test of full-scale building systems, developed in the late 1990s when there were growing concerns in Parliament about the risks of cladding.

The tests were part of research commissioned by the then Labour government to determine what standards building systems should have to meet.

Five cladding systems were tested, including one with aluminium panels, although the primary aim was not to assess the risk of particular designs

The aluminium and plastic cladding at Grenfell has been blamed for spreading the fire.

Two were constructed from high pressure laminate (HPL) boards, formed from wood, or paper fibre, widely used on modern apartment blocks in the UK.

In the tests, all five cladding systems were judged to have failed against "proposed performance criteria".

Most of the tests were carried out without using "fire breaks" - extra components which should be fitted to block the spread of flames.

However, fire breaks were used in one high pressure laminate panel system, but it still failed.

'I might be bankrupt'

It has HPL panels, as well as wooden balconies and missing fire breaks,

Zoe finds it "disgusting" that the test results were not circulated more widely.

The couple are anticipating a bill of tens of thousands of pounds to remove the dangerous materials, which could bankrupt them.

"There's no finish line, and it's all-consuming at times," Zoe says.

"We are very angry that we've been put in this situation.

"We've done everything right. Everything by the book: 'Buy a property and set yourself up for the future.'

"I might end up bankrupt by the time I'm in my 30s."

Her building is lower than 18 metres, so does not qualify for government funding.

The UK Cladding Action Group called the test results "staggering new evidence which shows the government and its advisers knew these materials were dangerous, but simply stood back and allowed them to be installed on hundreds of thousands of buildings.

"The British state knew from this moment on that it was gambling with a disaster in a high-rise, but it chose not to act."

'Route to disaster'

Jonathan Evans, director of Ash and Lacy, a major UK supplier of cladding systems, said he had never seen the results, and described them as "really vital bits of information" which would have helped assess fire risks after Grenfell.

He said that when poor test data is not made public, it creates a bias towards tests with successful outcomes.

"We all proceed along the route of thinking these systems are safer than they are, until there's a disaster."

He said a lack of public information about cladding systems in the 2000s may have resulted in governments not abandoning a controversial British standard for building materials, known as Class 0.

The Grenfell Tower inquiry has heard evidence that this standard was much easier to meet than a stricter European classification, and that keeping it as an option in England and Wales allowed combustible materials to be installed on thousands of buildings.

If Class 0 had been abandoned and a ban on combustible materials introduced, Grenfell might not have happened, Dr Evans said.

Tests 'experimental'

The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) described the 2004 tests as "experimental... for a different purpose" than the rounds of testing ordered in the wake of the Grenfell disaster.

They were carried out to "to check the criteria for testing" rather than to assess the "intrinsic safety of building materials", officials said.

The findings fed into a review of technical standards used by building designers to assess the safety of cladding.

An MHCLG spokesman said: "We are taking action to improve building safety where successive governments have failed, through our Building Safety Bill, which marks the biggest improvements to building safety in 40 years, with more rights and protections for residents and a £5bn investment to remove unsafe cladding.

"The new Building Safety Regulator will enforce a more stringent regulatory regime for buildings over 18m and oversee the safety and performance of all buildings, ensuring products are removed from the market if they do not meet regulation."

The Building Research Establishment, which carried out the tests and circulated them to the industry advisory group, refused to comment.

Next month the Grenfell Tower public inquiry will begin examining evidence of what governments knew about the risks of cladding fires before the 2017 disaster, and what they did about it.

They are full of shit,just a shame that our dwellings didn't require the same level of safety as our food processing factories and bakeries,that is in the eyes of our Gov and the wankers who bought policy.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
  • Left of the Sinking Ship
    • Northern Independence Party
« Reply #1256 on: September 18, 2021, 10:26:08 am »
https://youtu.be/ztUamrChczQ

Prayers with those affects, the can't get away with this surely.
Bunch of centrist wetwipes - Watching Britain sink into obscurity.

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: September 20, 2021, 03:21:31 pm »
I've stopped reading most articles about this now as they were just putting me in a mood that was hard to shake,this one is going to take a few puffs to get over.

They are full of shit,just a shame that our dwellings didn't require the same level of safety as our food processing factories and bakeries,that is in the eyes of our Gov and the wankers who bought policy.

It makes me angry beyond belief.

Both Labour (then) and the Tories far too cosy with the housebuilding/property developing industry.

It's an abomination that Labour sit on their arse for 6 years, not pushing through legislation to change the building laws in order to force developers to use properly fireproof cladding.

They're as culpable as the Tory scum.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: September 20, 2021, 03:33:59 pm »

It makes me angry beyond belief.

Both Labour (then) and the Tories far too cosy with the housebuilding/property developing industry.

It's an abomination that Labour sit on their arse for 6 years, not pushing through legislation to change the building laws in order to force developers to use properly fireproof cladding.

They're as culpable as the Tory scum.

Both with blood on their hands here.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 04:31:41 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Believer

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1261 on: November 10, 2022, 05:21:34 pm »

'‘Every death was avoidable’: Grenfell Tower inquiry closes after 400 days':-

While the government apologised, the counsel attacked companies for a ‘merry-go-round of buck-passing’

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/nov/10/every-death-was-avoidable-grenfell-tower-inquiry-closes-after-400-days

'Grenfell Tower fire: Firms slammed for blaming each other':-

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63585239

'Grenfell fire: focus shifts to possible criminal convictions as inquiry ends':-

Criminal trials may not start before 2025 and government pledges have not yet been delivered

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/nov/10/grenfell-fire-focus-shifts-to-possible-criminal-convictions-as-inquiry-ends
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: January 14, 2023, 01:54:58 am »
Up to a dozen firefighters who saved lives at the Grenfell Tower have been diagnosed with cancers; the majority of which are understood to be digestive cancers and leukaemia, for which there is no cure

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/multiple-firefighters-who-saved-lives-28941465?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: January 14, 2023, 07:55:45 am »
Up to a dozen firefighters who saved lives at the Grenfell Tower have been diagnosed with cancers; the majority of which are understood to be digestive cancers and leukaemia, for which there is no cure
That's heart-breaking news, absolutely awful for them.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Grenfell Tower Fire. Please no Party Political Point Scoring.
« Reply #1264 on: February 16, 2024, 05:41:59 am »
Sorry mate but no one comes out of this well. If everyone know about this iossue (and Corbyn is backed by the FBU), why did the Labour manifesto have nothing about it? Free university tuition and free school meals were the priority.

A real high point for RAWK's moderators.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1265 on: February 16, 2024, 05:47:27 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocItl6uULcg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocItl6uULcg</a>
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 05:50:57 am by Snail »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1266 on: February 16, 2024, 08:44:01 am »
A real high point for RAWK's moderators.

What’s your point Sian? It seems like a straightforward comment.  Unless I’m mistaken and Labour had fire safety as a key manifesto pledge, then, as I said seven years ago, no one comes out of it well.

And just to be clear. Those are my personal views, not the views of the RAWK moderation team.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 08:46:23 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.