Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 530699 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Suspect is an old Asian dude.

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Reported as hate crime aka racist attack

Where did you read that? The guy they are looking for is Asian who shot other Asians.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/

Not seen that, where did ya read it?
Mentioned on sky news this morning
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
CNN is reporting some kinda standoff with a dude in a van that maybe connected to the shooting.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Reported as hate crime aka racist attack

Always is unless the shooter lacks melanin.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
CNN is reporting some kinda standoff with a dude in a van that maybe connected to the shooting.

Person in van deceased from what is being reported as a self-inflicted gunshot. Police yet to determine if that is their suspect.

Unusual that there are two bullet holes in the window of the van.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Where did you read that? The guy they are looking for is Asian who shot other Asians.

I read some conjecture that this might a China v Taiwan independence thing like a shooting last year.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
And....another one just 2 days later, 7 people dead Half Moon Bay, CA, (where the Mavericks surf break is)

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/half-moon-bay-california-shooting-1-23-23/index.html

I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I was in half moon bay in the summer.. beautiful place… hard to imagine how such a place could have this happen…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
I was in half moon bay in the summer.. beautiful place… hard to imagine how such a place could have this happen…
Yeah. I was there in 2008 for a few days. Small and lovely. I expect the locals thought mass shootings is a problem of larger towns and cities.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
And....another one just 2 days later, 7 people dead Half Moon Bay, CA, (where the Mavericks surf break is)

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/half-moon-bay-california-shooting-1-23-23/index.html

Incredible,  The Half Moon Bay attack is the 37th mass shooting in just 24 days, according to Gun Violence Archive.

37 in 24 days.. and nothing  will change the minds of the NRA minions.."its my god given right"
JFT 96

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Yeah. I was there in 2008 for a few days. Small and lovely. I expect the locals thought mass shootings is a problem of larger towns and cities.
Sam’s Chowder house get a visit?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
Sam’s Chowder house get a visit?
Ive a crap memory. And it was 15 years ago. I don't think so, but I'll ask my wife tomorrow. What I recall most was the strange B&B where we stayed, run by a man with a beard wife. They had her really crap paintings on the wall for sale at really rather high prices. He also had a hissy fit about us leaving the front door unlocked all night, when were in long before it was due to be locked. Twat. ;D
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Broadened out to include all deaths from gun violence, not including suicides, 1,214 people have been killed before the end of the first month of this year, including 120 children. That is likely to increase to tens of thousands by the end of 2023 – the figure for 2022 is 20,200.
In comparison, the latest data from the UK showed that in the course of an entire year ending in March 2022, 31 people were killed by firearms. The UK’s population is 67 million to the US’s 333 million.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/24/tragedy-upon-tragedy-why-39-us-mass-shootings-already-this-year-is-just-the-start

• Legacy Fan
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64684350.
Small Mississippi town,i wonder how many of them have guns for protection?

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
My heart fucking sinks every time I see this thread bumped.
Just so awfully regular these days.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
"We don't have a lot of violent crime here. This is shocking," said Sheriff Lance. "I never dreamt that we would deal with something like that here."

If you allow people to own firearms you need to expect to deal with something like this. It's only a matter of time, wherever you are.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If you allow people to own firearms you need to expect to deal with something like this. It's only a matter of time, wherever you are.

Top of the bbc article sums it up.

"Watch: 19 year old saw man with a shotgun and grabbed his pistol"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Jon Stewart eviscerates Republican on gun control laws.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wxjglx5PTsw&amp;ab_channel=BrianTylerCohen" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wxjglx5PTsw&amp;ab_channel=BrianTylerCohen</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jon Stewart eviscerates Republican on gun control laws.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wxjglx5PTsw&amp;ab_channel=BrianTylerCohen" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wxjglx5PTsw&amp;ab_channel=BrianTylerCohen</a>

Worth watching the whole interview.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tCuIxIJBfCY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tCuIxIJBfCY</a>

"This is not an anecdote John, this actually happened"

;D

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
In the final bit you can actually see how angry Jon Stewart gets at this imbecile. The US need loads and loads more people like Stewart in positions of power. Problem is even with a 180 degree turn in the attitude towards guns and gun ownership that issue won't go awy any time soon...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
America. Where getting a gun is likely easier than registering to vote.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
That’s why it’ll never change. When faced with their hypocrisy they just barrel right through it. They don’t fucking care.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
John Stewart is absolutely brilliant there. And it's such a shame, such a powerful argument won't gain any traction over there. Fucking nutters.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
John Stewart is absolutely brilliant there. And it's such a shame, such a powerful argument won't gain any traction over there. Fucking nutters.

I always feel so angry when I see Jon Stewart interviews.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I love how Jon drags the phrase "register" out of this fucker over voting, and skewers him on the "government's duty to protect" kids.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Worth watching the whole interview.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tCuIxIJBfCY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tCuIxIJBfCY</a>

"This is not an anecdote John, this actually happened"

;D
I'm not totally sure I like his approach to persuasion. But I'm impressed by it.
What totally freaked me though is his claim that firearms cause more child deaths than cancer or road accident.
(Nb I'm not disputing his claim. I've just not checked it)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm not totally sure I like his approach to persuasion. But I'm impressed by it.
What totally freaked me though is his claim that firearms cause more child deaths than cancer or road accident.
(Nb I'm not disputing his claim. I've just not checked it)

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2201761

This corroborates it, apparently firearms got ahead of car accidents for the first time in 2020. Homicides really spiked in 20/21 so it might dip back into second place. Overdoses are up there too.

• Legacy Fan
At least 6 dead at Christian school in Nashville Tn. Shooter dead as  well.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/nashville-shooting-covenant-school-03-27-23/index.html.

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/nashville-shooting-covenant-school-03-27-23/index.html.

Female shooter, wow - never happened before to my knowledge

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Female shooter, wow - never happened before to my knowledge

Only one I can think of is the chick that I don't like mondays is based on

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Ya’ll know the dance.

Thoughts and Prayers.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Ya’ll know the dance.

Thoughts and Prayers.

T's and P's.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word

Only one I can think of is the chick that I don't like mondays is based on

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Elementary_School_shooting_(San_Diego)

You are correct. We only do remakes now.

Online Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
Never knew that was what the song was about  :o

She killed 2, wounded 9 - only had a .22LR rifle, nothing like the power of an AR-15.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
I love how Jon drags the phrase "register" out of this fucker over voting, and skewers him on the "government's duty to protect" kids.

What do you have to do? x5

Maddeningly simple answers but their mouth stays shut.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
Now it turns out it was a transgender, ( biological female. )
The right is really going to have a field day with this:
 "The gays really are coming for our children" "They attacked a Christian school"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 05:32:00 pm by stoopid yank »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Now it turns out it was a transgender woman, ( biological male. )
The right is really going to have a field day with this:
 "The gays really are coming for our children" "They attacked a Christian school"

Ah fuck. The right is going to go absolutely ballistic.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Adopting right wing debating tactics in reverse, I think it's clear America needs to ban all guns in case they fall into the hands of a trans person. No point doing anything about gender treatment because those people will always find a way. Only a total gun ban can work.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Adopting right wing debating tactics in reverse, I think it's clear America needs to ban all guns in case they fall into the hands of a trans person. No point doing anything about gender treatment because those people will always find a way. Only a total gun ban can work.

Nah they'll carry right on, the NRA will jump at this chance to promote more guns, because looks the crazy trans people have them!! Only a good american with a gun can stop the crazy trans people.

This is gonna sound terrible, but this is a republican's wet dream. Marjorie Green, Boebert and the like have been waiting for this day.