Author Topic: VPN  (Read 59855 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: VPN
« Reply #200 on: August 31, 2022, 05:19:26 pm »
What does everybody recommend for a vpn? Could do with a cheap one ideally, also will be happy to share a connection with somebody after I have it if anyone needs one :)

Digibit is cheap and you pay it on month by month basis
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2022, 05:23:04 pm »
What does everybody recommend for a vpn? Could do with a cheap one ideally, also will be happy to share a connection with somebody after I have it if anyone needs one :)

Loads out there. I was on windscribe which was faultless, but when it came to renew the 3 year plan that I had it worked out expensive so I opted for VPN Unlimited as there was a lifetime sub for next to nothing, think it was less than £20 at the time.  That's been fine for me, works on firestick, plenty of servers/locations to choose from and get good d/l speeds (it only drops about 5mbps from my normal connection speed when running a speed test).  Keep an eye on hotukdeals as there's often cheap VPN deals posted on there.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #202 on: September 1, 2022, 11:00:39 am »
ExpressVPN doesn’t seem to like Skygo now I’m actually in Amsterdam. Getting a message that it’s not available in this country.

Any suggestions to what I can do before possibly trying another VPN?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #203 on: September 1, 2022, 12:15:53 pm »
ExpressVPN doesn’t seem to like Skygo now I’m actually in Amsterdam. Getting a message that it’s not available in this country.

Any suggestions to what I can do before possibly trying another VPN?

Have you tried connecting to different UK servers? Not used ExpressVPN, but with other VPN’s that I’ve used, when you select your  servers/connection they have specific ones to use for services like iPlayer, Netflix etc

I’d contact their support as they suggest it should work.

https://www.expressvpn.com/vpn-service/sky-go-vpn

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: September 1, 2022, 02:46:52 pm »
Have you tried connecting to different UK servers? Not used ExpressVPN, but with other VPN’s that I’ve used, when you select your  servers/connection they have specific ones to use for services like iPlayer, Netflix etc

I’d contact their support as they suggest it should work.

https://www.expressvpn.com/vpn-service/sky-go-vpn
Cheers. I’ve tried a few different servers but doesn’t make a difference so will contact them 👍

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 2, 2022, 11:26:53 pm »
Cheers. I’ve tried a few different servers but doesn’t make a difference so will contact them 👍

Had zero joy with ExpressVPN Support, so can anyone recommend a VPN that definitely works with Skygo please?

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #206 on: September 3, 2022, 05:03:44 pm »
If I’ve got a VPN app loaded on my firestick and I’m running IPTV through my smart tv, will the IPTV be covered by the VPN?
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #207 on: September 3, 2022, 05:44:57 pm »
If I’ve got a VPN app loaded on my firestick and I’m running IPTV through my smart tv, will the IPTV be covered by the VPN?

You’d need to run the IPTV through your Firestick for it to use the VPN.

If the VPN is running on your Firestick then anything accessing the internet off your Firestick will be using the VPN. Anything accessing the internet via your smart TV won’t be using the VPN on your Firestick.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #208 on: September 3, 2022, 05:46:27 pm »
You’d need to run the IPTV through your Firestick for it to use the VPN.

If the VPN is running on your Firestick then anything accessing the internet off your Firestick will be using the VPN. Anything accessing the internet via your smart TV won’t be using the VPN on your Firestick.

Thanks, I was pretty sure that would be the case.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #209 on: September 5, 2022, 11:38:37 am »
I'd imagine sky work pretty hard to block VPN access.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 6, 2022, 08:59:17 pm »
Strange how these things work. I have a DAZN account but now need to have two different VPNs to access the Canadian and Spanish versions of DAZN. You’d think the one VPN would work for both versions.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2022, 11:22:06 pm »
I got 3 and a half years of CyberGhost for something silly like £60, and it's pretty good too.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2022, 11:24:46 pm »
Not sure of your IT Tech skills, but have a look here ....  8)

https://troypoint.com/install-vpn-on-fire-tv-stick/

For me, i use Kodi on my PC... (The Crew Build - Crewnique) added my 'Real-Derid' account (£14 per 6 months) and Nord vpn (£60 for 2 years) .. still get 75 mb D/L  8)
Nord vpn not the cheapest but i've tried a few over the years... i find this the best for me...  :wave
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 11:29:24 pm by hixxstar »
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2022, 01:54:29 pm »
Not sure of your IT Tech skills, but have a look here ....  8)

https://troypoint.com/install-vpn-on-fire-tv-stick/

For me, i use Kodi on my PC... (The Crew Build - Crewnique) added my 'Real-Derid' account (£14 per 6 months) and Nord vpn (£60 for 2 years) .. still get 75 mb D/L  8)
Nord vpn not the cheapest but i've tried a few over the years... i find this the best for me...  :wave

Quick question on Real Debrid if anyone can advise .

Have a Firestick and the Apps work pretty well most of the time - although sometimes get buffer and links not loading .

Does Real Debrid make that big a difference , and does it help with live streams for football etc ?

Cheers !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2022, 02:49:51 pm »
Quick question on Real Debrid if anyone can advise .

Have a Firestick and the Apps work pretty well most of the time - although sometimes get buffer and links not loading .

Does Real Debrid make that big a difference , and does it help with live streams for football etc ?

Cheers !

Zero difference for live but a huge difference for vod linked to an app/add-on (not including iptv vod) not only in speed but the quality of the video and audio links.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 26, 2022, 03:00:53 pm »

Zero difference for live but a huge difference for vod linked to an app/add-on (not including iptv vod) not only in speed but the quality of the video and audio links.

Nice one - Cheers !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2022, 12:38:12 pm »
I've got devices in different physical locations and have been using NordVPN's new Meshnet feature to allow them to talk to each other across the internet, which works well in general and is great for accessing my media server from elsewhere when needed.

Now if only I could get it working directly on a Netgear ReadyNAS box it would be perfect for an offsite backup solution, in theory I could map it as an external drive on a PC with NordVPN but that requires leaving two devices on permanently in someone else's house.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2022, 12:42:32 pm »
What’s the consensus (I realise would be a bit of a stretch!) on an overseas footy (affordable but quality) package? NBC? Bein? An Australian one? Indian?

Thing is I’ve already got access to skygo and btsports so it’s only for our non televised games which will barely get into double figures during a season anyway so might not even be worth it…I’m just fed up of shite streams
Believer

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2022, 01:56:03 pm »
What’s the consensus (I realise would be a bit of a stretch!) on an overseas footy (affordable but quality) package? NBC? Bein? An Australian one? Indian?

Thing is I’ve already got access to skygo and btsports so it’s only for our non televised games which will barely get into double figures during a season anyway so might not even be worth it…I’m just fed up of shite streams

The difficulty is getting registered with one of the overseas subscriptions so they will take payment. I think in most cases once they see your bank/credit card is registered to a UK address they will reject it, even if you're using a VPN.

A few years ago I was able to set up an account with the Spanish DAZN when they had the option to pay via googlepay. That seemed to act as a buffer to them realising I'm based in the UK but they appear to have closed that loophole now. They cancelled my subscription a few months ago when they changed the price but I was able to set it up again and make a one off yearly subscription payment when I was in Spain last month.

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2022, 02:05:30 pm »
Ah shit. Cheers for the response
Believer

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2022, 02:12:18 pm »
Ah shit. Cheers for the response

To be honest mate,iptv shits all over signing up for one of those.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2022, 02:23:06 pm »
To be honest mate,iptv shits all over signing up for one of those.

I've had IPTV in the past and it doesn't compare to having a 'legal' streaming service that never freezes. MY DAZN feed is never more than 20-30 seconds behind live coverage on Sky or BT whereas I've mates watching on IPTV who are a few minutes behind.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: October 5, 2022, 08:02:39 pm »

vidio has been working really well for me this season with an Indonesian VPN (windscribe).
I paid €36 at the start of the season for a 12 month vidio subscription.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 14, 2022, 01:56:51 pm »
vidio has been working really well for me this season with an Indonesian VPN (windscribe).
I paid €36 at the start of the season for a 12 month vidio subscription.

Current deal is £56 for 3yrs code = windscribe

My iptv has added all the vidio streams,had a little look but will see what our game is like,it was only 25/30fps last night.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2022, 09:28:37 pm »
I've got devices in different physical locations and have been using NordVPN's new Meshnet feature to allow them to talk to each other across the internet, which works well in general and is great for accessing my media server from elsewhere when needed.

Now if only I could get it working directly on a Netgear ReadyNAS box it would be perfect for an offsite backup solution, in theory I could map it as an external drive on a PC with NordVPN but that requires leaving two devices on permanently in someone else's house.

Does it work on a raspberry pi? I think they use v little power.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Thiago12291

• Thinks we’re a fucking mess and it’s down to Jurgen
  • Main Stander
« Reply #225 on: December 14, 2022, 09:55:14 pm »
Anybody have any logins for a vpn for a fee to help out with costs?

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #226 on: December 14, 2022, 09:58:09 pm »
Anybody have any logins for a vpn for a fee to help out with costs?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/share-deal-from-app/4050149

Dunno if it's any good but just happened to see this on hotukdeals moments before seeing your post.

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #227 on: December 14, 2022, 09:59:21 pm »
Il check it out thanks mate, was just asking on the off chance somebody on here had one

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #228 on: December 14, 2022, 10:07:14 pm »
Il check it out thanks mate, was just asking on the off chance somebody on here had one

Just signed up myself as a backup. You can get 3 years for free if you go through the process 3 times and redeem the code thrice.

Did a quick test and the speed seemed good, it maked out my fiber download and upload.

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #229 on: December 14, 2022, 10:08:52 pm »
Just signed up myself as a backup. You can get 3 years for free if you go through the process 3 times and redeem the code thrice.

Did a quick test and the speed seemed good, it maked out my fiber download and upload.

Three years for free? Really?

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #230 on: December 14, 2022, 10:11:05 pm »
Three years for free? Really?

Yeah check out the link, it only took me a couple of minutes to sign up 3 times and redeem the codes.

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #231 on: December 14, 2022, 10:13:41 pm »
Sorry mate, not the most tech savvy, what do you mean sign up three times, and get it free, it seems to be sending me in circles

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #232 on: December 14, 2022, 10:26:11 pm »
Sorry mate, not the most tech savvy, what do you mean sign up three times, and get it free, it seems to be sending me in circles

The link takes you here https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-sonics-vpn-100-discount

Click the big orange "download sonics VPN now" button.

I clicked on: "I don't use Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn!"

Next page just asks for your email address, which systems you'll use it on (apparently you need to tick Windows), your gender and employment status.

Fill those in then tick "I am human". You'll probably get a bot check, mine was identifying pics of apples on a tree. Solve that then click the big orange "give it to me now" button.

The next page has all the links you need to register your VPN account, download the software and your code for a free 12 months (repeat the above 3x to get more codes). Redeem the code here: https://www.sonicsvpn.com/account/redeem

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #233 on: December 14, 2022, 10:30:21 pm »
The link takes you here https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-sonics-vpn-100-discount

Click the big orange "download sonics VPN now" button.

I clicked on: "I don't use Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn!"

Next page just asks for your email address, which systems you'll use it on (apparently you need to tick Windows), your gender and employment status.

Fill those in then tick "I am human". You'll probably get a bot check, mine was identifying pics of apples on a tree. Solve that then click the big orange "give it to me now" button.

The next page has all the links you need to register your VPN account, download the software and your code for a free 12 months (repeat the above 3x to get more codes). Redeem the code here: https://www.sonicsvpn.com/account/redeem
thanks pal that's most helpful, assume you need three different emails etc for the codes?

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #234 on: December 14, 2022, 10:32:19 pm »
thanks pal that's most helpful, assume you need three different emails etc for the codes?

I think you can get 2 codes to one email but you'll need a second email for a 3rd (from the hotukdeals comments I think 3 years is the max you can redeem).

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #235 on: December 14, 2022, 10:42:55 pm »
It’s got me baffled mate keeps taking me to a three day trial screen

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2022, 10:53:37 pm »
I think you can get 2 codes to one email but you'll need a second email for a 3rd (from the hotukdeals comments I think 3 years is the max you can redeem).

You're clearly smarter than me pal as I have two codes but no idea how or where to redeem them

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2022, 11:03:35 pm »
You're clearly smarter than me pal as I have two codes but no idea how or where to redeem them

Go here mate https://www.sonicsvpn.com/register

Then once you have an account login and then go here and redeem the codes: https://www.sonicsvpn.com/account/redeem

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2022, 11:10:58 pm »
Go here mate https://www.sonicsvpn.com/register

Then once you have an account login and then go here and redeem the codes: https://www.sonicsvpn.com/account/redeem

Appreciate all the explaining mate, when I go to redeem the code, the wheel spins briefly and then nothing :(

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2022, 11:47:35 pm »
Appreciate all the explaining mate, when I go to redeem the code, the wheel spins briefly and then nothing :(

Sorted mate thanks alot