Author Topic: Dani Pacheco  (Read 177531 times)

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
Dani Pacheco
« on: August 24, 2012, 03:51:50 pm »
The other thread was locked so I thought I'd start a new one, but I apologise if if it's not allowed.

Going off the pictures he's still training with the first team, haven't heard anything about him leaving but he hasn't featured in any of the games. So what's the deal?

Anyone, got a clue? Would love him to stay personally, but Brendan has to want him to.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dani Pacheco
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 03:54:01 pm »
I'd rather him get games than Joe Cole.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 03:54:18 pm »
Did decently in the reserve game the other day which Brendan was watching so was surprised not to see him the Europa squad. I can only guess he has been told to find a new club but is being allowed to train with the team while that is ongoing.

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 03:58:55 pm »
Surprised we'd let him go as he seems more of a Rogers type player

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 04:00:21 pm »
I'd rather him get games than Joe Cole.
Absolutely this.  He may not ever be good enough to be a regular for us, but surely he can add something off the bench occasionally.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 04:01:46 pm »
one of the only players in our team who actually tried to take on a man in preseason along with Sterling, Suso and Suarez. Maybe because his name doesnt start with S like the other 3 :P
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Pierre

• Main Stander
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 04:02:16 pm »
Apart from involvement in the build up to Ngoo's goal, Pacheco was largely ineffective for the U21's. Indeed he was guilty of missing two sitters which would have ensured a comfortable and justified win instead of the resultant draw.

To be fair Morgan also failed to convert an easy chance after he had come in as a substitute.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 04:04:29 pm »
Hes too old for the reserves and not good enough to get a look in for the firsts it seems. Its really strange. Unless Bogers is trying to focus on advertising players he doesnt want in the shop window, ie mins for Cole, Adam, Downing, Agger  :-X and maybe hes waiting to get into the Europa for real before experimenting with Dani and others. I would like to know though because everyone else seems to have gotten a chance with the 1sts except him and Suso but at least with Suso the contract saga is a realistic theory as to why hes not playing. As for the lesser spotted Dani Pacheco, who the heck knows?  :-\
Football is a lie

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 04:06:02 pm »
How long does he have on his contract?

Offline Red Reign

• Anny Roader
  • Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 04:07:35 pm »
We have 3 forwards, one of which may be sold before the window is out. Quite obvious why he is around.
“Just go out and drop a few hand grenades all over the place son.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 04:17:17 pm »
Apart from involvement in the build up to Ngoo's goal, Pacheco was largely ineffective for the U21's. Indeed he was guilty of missing two sitters which would have ensured a comfortable and justified win instead of the resultant draw.

To be fair Morgan also failed to convert an easy chance after he had come in as a substitute.

He missed a couple of chances playing as a striker which is something fairly alien to him. After he moved out to the left he was our main threat and most of what we did good or anytime we got in behind came usually from him. Missing chances now is equal to how well you played? Give me a break and if anything the chances missed are an indication of someone getting into good positions.

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 04:34:42 pm »
I hope he gets to stay and is part of our plans for this season. Surely he is a better option than Joe Cole.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 07:09:47 pm »
Getting bored of this shit now, if he's not gonna play, just get rid of him. We're damaging the kids progression.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 09:03:11 pm »
The best performer in pre season never to be seen again   Exact same happened with Aqualani last season.     How the hell does Cole get on the pitch ahead of him.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 10:02:28 pm »
The best performer in pre season never to be seen again   Exact same happened with Aquilani last season.     How the hell does Cole get on the pitch ahead of him.
Shelvey was our best player by quite a distance during preseason. But it really has no bearing on how they'll play for the rest of the season, so it's irrelevant.

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 10:34:48 pm »
four managers later, 11 appearances out on loan where two teams pass on the option of buying him and he still can't get a game let alone a team to take him on loan.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 10:35:05 pm »
Shelvey was our best player by quite a distance during preseason. But it really has no bearing on how they'll play for the rest of the season, so it's irrelevant.
Pacheco for me and has no bearing if they don't get a game.
Can't wait to see Joe getting another chance ahead of our talented youngsters.

Offline modokay

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 10:55:49 pm »
Pacheco might be on the bench against Man City.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 11:00:25 pm »
Reckon there should be another Aquilani thread too
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 11:11:30 pm »
Just throwing this out there: Maybe, he just hasn't progressed and isn't good enough. Managers and coaches see him every day. Just a thought.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 11:45:40 pm »
Robinson, Sterling, Morgan and Shelvey have all now made competitive appearances under Rodgers so it's not like he's going out of his way to alienate promising young players. It just appears we have better prospects at the club than Pacheco. Would love to see him suddenly make an impact, but I don't see it.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 11:47:32 pm »
Not good enough - get rid.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 12:06:05 am »
we fucked his career up, same thing is happening to Suso, stand out players in their respective spanish squads, yet other players in those spanish squads have made multiple first team appearances.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2012, 12:17:20 am »
Just throwing this out there: Maybe, he just hasn't progressed and isn't good enough. Managers and coaches see him every day. Just a thought.

Then sell him.

There must be clubs out there who want him as he clearly has promise and ability. Personally I think he's good enough to stake a claim here in place of players such as (insert name of boo-boy here).

It is a slight worry though that Dani has seen 4 Managers leave in his time, 2/3 of which clearly haven't paid him any attention. 
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi

Offline lfcls7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • You dont realise how much you had until its gone
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2012, 12:24:00 am »
how many times are we going mention his name. hes not good enough, if he was he would be in the startling line up by now. even rayo vallecano didnt want him, neither did atletico. hes a lower prem team player at best. come on guys. yes its nice to see young players coming through but only one of many are actually good enough to succeed.
You dont realise how much you love something until its gone. Rafael Benitez (L)

Fernando torres. = TWAT

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 12:31:59 am »
For all the posters saying he's not good enough, fine maybe you are right, but he has done more on the pitch in Rodgers time at the club than Joe Cole and Stuart Downing and yet they are involved in the first team, the lad should be playing in these Europa League games, if you play him and he flops then thats fine that justifies him being sold, but what is he being judged on by Rodgers; his appearances in the friendlies which were very good, maybe his performances in training? but is that the be all and end all, plenty of players are poor trainers but good players.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 12:47:08 am »
how many times are we going mention his name. hes not good enough, if he was he would be in the startling line up by now. even rayo vallecano didnt want him, neither did atletico. hes a lower prem team player at best. come on guys. yes its nice to see young players coming through but only one of many are actually good enough to succeed.

Is he worse than Cole and Downing, who are getting picked ahead of him?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Styf

• Lyttle Fyngers
  • Anny Roader
  • You can't buy atmosphere
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 01:22:21 am »
How long does he have on his contract?
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 01:53:30 am »
we fucked his career up, same thing is happening to Suso, stand out players in their respective spanish squads, yet other players in those spanish squads have made multiple first team appearances.

All went downhill after Northampton. He was getting some games under Hodgson and Hodgson wanted him to become more versatile (which I thought at the time was a good thing - one of the very very few good things Roy suggested though credit could also go to McParland) but after the Northampton game (Roy blamed the young players) and Pacheco never got an opportunity again. Up till then there was decent progress by him - not spectacular but decent enough to warrant first team games at 19 after that was all down hill - never got another look in at all. A victim of circumstance more than anything else but at 21 he still has time to make it here if given the opportunity.

He could have asked for a transfer but in my opinion seems determined to make it here. I really hope we keep him as I think he can be at the very least a good squad option to have and who knows - maybe he can get his career back on track.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:55:28 am by koolkamal »
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 02:12:25 am »
I feel he still has a chance to make it of Rogers shows some confidence in him, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm sure this has crossed the mind of others and not saying that there's any validity to it but is there any weight in the fact hat only English players from the reserves have been promoted ?  Could this be one of the reasons why pep segura left?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:17:47 am by koptician »

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 02:15:29 am »

Why is he not good enough??

Back it up with reasons not a sound bite.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 02:19:30 am »
I think Sterling proves if you have it you get game time. I mean that's really it for me. I personally think he's an awesome player, a real talent. But it's almost like the whole Alberto thing again isn't it? He's talented and never gets game time - look at the crap ones who play before him.

Or, he's crap get rid. He has to start putting the ball in the back of the net at reserves level or when he get's a rear start for the first team.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2012, 02:25:03 am »
I think Sterling proves if you have it you get game time. I mean that's really it for me. I personally think he's an awesome player, a real talent. But it's almost like the whole Alberto thing again isn't it? He's talented and never gets game time - look at the crap ones who play before him.

Or, he's crap get rid. He has to start putting the ball in the back of the net at reserves level or when he get's a rear start for the first team.

He's not an out and out striker though cant just judge him on that. Watched him in the U19 tournament for Spain and he was outstanding. Played well for us in preseason, even Rogers said so (esp Roma match)...so what gives? Certainly I feel he deserves his chance more than Morgan

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2012, 02:28:49 am »
Is he worse than Cole and Downing, who are getting picked ahead of him?

Both are England internationals... definitely should be given more chances than some young kid from some third world footballing nation...

Just sell or release the poor kid if he's not going to get a fair chance...

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 08:43:19 am »
Both are England internationals... definitely should be given more chances than some young kid from some third world footballing nation...

Just sell or release the poor kid if he's not going to get a fair chance...

For a second there... :P

Yeah, play him or let him go

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 08:50:41 am »
Pacheco might be on the bench against Man City.

How do you know?? I'd be happy to hear that!

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 08:55:58 am »
How do you know?? I'd be happy to hear that!

You've got more chance of being on it yourself
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 11:33:59 am »

Yep, nowhere near, hopefully he can find himself a decent club in the Spanish second division or something.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 11:47:38 am »
Wtf is with this thread? Fucking hell.

Dani has always clearly been close. But for whatever reason he just hasn't had his opportunity (no injuries ahead of him, who knows). Last serious first team game time he got was for Norwich when they were chasing promotion, and from all reports, he was one of the stars there over the last 1/4 of the season that he was with them, and they were keen to sign him (despite what some above said) but he/we weren't keen. Sad that for some reason he's fallen back in the pecking order since then... and really really strange. Never really seen someone with so much potential given so little opportunity, and when given opportunity, doing well, but then not getting any more opportunities. Just really weird.

Anyway, sad story for young Dani imho, and something has to happen to start to force the issue soon I'd feel, given we're spending tens of millions in signing players that are only are a few months older than him already.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 12:05:37 pm »
Hope he gets some sort of conclusion to this whole thing soon, feel a bit sorry for him. If we don't feel he's good enough he should just be told that (if he hasn't already been told this obviously) and given the opportunity to go and make a name for himself elsewhere