Author Topic: The good old days  (Read 1327 times)

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
The good old days
« on: December 7, 2009, 02:07:52 pm »
When I was a lad, me Ma would send me down the corner shop with sixpence.
I'd come back with 28lb of potatoes, two loaves of bread, three pints of milk, a pound of cheese, a packet of tea, a jar of coffee, a cabbage, a side of ham, half a dozen eggs and ten woodbines.

You can't do that nowadays. Too many security cameras.

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: The good old days
« Reply #1 on: December 7, 2009, 02:10:30 pm »
It's political correctness gone mad is what it is.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2 on: December 7, 2009, 03:24:14 pm »
no Lattés?

;)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 7, 2009, 03:45:59 pm »
no Lattés?

;)

"What is that?"

"Err... milk and coffee."

"Milk and coffee! Who'd have thought? Milk and coffee! What a drink!"

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 7, 2009, 04:40:35 pm »
* In my day, we couldn't afford shoes, so we went barefoot. In the winter we had to wrap our feet with barbed wire for traction.

* In my day, we didn't have days. There was only time for work, time for prayer and time for sleep. The sheriff would go around and tell everyone when to change.

* In my day, we wore our pants up around our armpits. Monstrous wedgies, but we looked snappy.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #5 on: December 7, 2009, 04:45:24 pm »
You'd have stery in ye cups of tea. What ever happened to stery? the bottles were ace for lobbing.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
The good old days
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 09:44:31 am »
The good old days.... One of those lines that is thrown out there that would make you cringe when you were younger but now I get what they were referring about. While technology and medicine etc has come on leaps and bounds and we seem to be more aware of the issues around us, the general feeling is life sort of.... Sucks. Even though we get more time off than any of our grandparents did and holidays may be foreign trips rather than the beach down the road the average Joe or Josephine seems less sure of themselves. We got a million ways of meeting someone online but the chances of celebrating 50 year anniversaries are slim. I can work from home in my pjs if i wanted to but no company has any loyalty it seems these days as you could find your computer locked tomorrow morning. The houses are bigger than ever but the gates are locked and neighbours drive by on their hourly commute not even knowing the owners three doors down. There is a greater chance of a cure these days for any ailments you have but everyone seems to be 30 pounds heavier as they sip on their water in between the next fast food meal. The grandparents use to throw a wee bit of coal into the fire to heat the one room while the rest of the house was frozen, today people are looking at their energy app and turning the heat off as they cannot afford the bill

The good old days.... Is it bullshit times were better as here i am communicating with hundreds online which is amazing but have not seen the neighbours next door all week behind their electric gates.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 09:56:20 am by fowlermagic »
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I