Author Topic: 24 Season 8 (Spoilers in use)  (Read 19373 times)

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: 24 Season 8 (Spoilers in use)
« Reply #320 on: June 4, 2010, 08:33:17 am »
Spoiler
I love that they went to New York for this last series. The bit where Jack tortures Carrie Bradshaw with a circular saw then kills her with her own Manolo Blahniks was a highlight
[close]
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #321 on: June 4, 2010, 10:10:55 am »
Best moment ever in 24 was when Jack Executed Chapelle in season 3
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline cissepower

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: June 4, 2010, 11:26:30 am »

Totally agree. Amazing
~~Justice For The 96, You'll Never Walk Alone~~

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: June 4, 2010, 05:10:23 pm »

+ Mason's suicide mission (Xander Berkeley was ace)
+ Edgar, noooooooooooo
+ the last 3 seconds of season one which probably made the show imo

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: June 5, 2010, 01:38:46 am »

Agreed.. Very deep part.

Edgar Styles getting killed by the gas with his last word "Chloe..." certainly sent a shiver down me

The best part about the whole programme was not knowing what was going to happen, cliffangers at the end of episodes, silence when decisions to be made etc etc.

Just loved it and going to miss Jack so much. Can't wait for the movie now.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: June 5, 2010, 02:30:22 pm »
I am sorry but this show is like a great book as you just want to flip onto the next page & the next & the next. Maybe as not as cerebral as Lost….even that show’s writers could not understand it……but 24 & Jack Bauer is one of the best shows ever. Just watched the last 5 hours in a row and loved every mnute of it.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: June 5, 2010, 11:25:02 pm »
I'm missing 24 already. :-( Solution ? I've started watching again from the very beginning ! That should keep me going til the film is released !
"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #327 on: June 8, 2010, 01:49:30 pm »
I'm missing 24 already. :-( Solution ? I've started watching again from the very beginning ! That should keep me going til the film is released !

Yes, you gimps. Stop reminding us of the great bits. I want to watch them unfold again!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: June 8, 2010, 03:54:20 pm »
Yes, you gimps. Stop reminding us of the great bits. I want to watch them unfold again!

Loving your avatar, mate.

Just got clocked at my desk at work holding the phone up to the screen. ;D

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: June 10, 2010, 01:39:15 pm »
Been avoiding this thread all through S8 as I was always an episode or two (and at one point four) behind the rest of you.... now that I realise this was one of the better self-policed spoiler threads, kudos to you all!

Anyway, my thoughts....

Spoiler

24 was one of those programmes that started off as an utterly ground-breaking, unique (as far as TV goes) idea which left the viewer begging for more. Regrettably we got just a little too much of it, and I personally could have done without seasons 2, 4 and 6. I was thinking the same of 8 until the last six or seven hours or so, when not only did they really ramp up the political endgame (skilfully done, IMO) but the tension in general. It was an absolute treat to see the return of Logan, one of 24's most inspired pieces of casting ( an untrustworthy, duplicitous, unctuous, pompous, self-aggrandizing character who just so happens to look like Nixon? nice on) and watching Jack lose it gave the show's fans exactly what they were hoping for. The quality of the very last scenes can and will be debated for as long as those who care wish, but in retrospect it's difficult to imagine any other ending. There was *never* going to be an assassination of the Russian president on US soil and Logan had no choice but to take out his assistant (Mike Kellerman!) before turning the gun on himself... and in a predictably comic twist, yet another thing he couldn't do right.

Yes 24 was at times mawkish, trite, asinine, jingoistic and beyond unbelievable, but I raise a glass to Jack Bauer wherever he is and look forward to his valedictory in the film

[close]

Offline djibril

• wishes he had chosen a better username
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #330 on: October 9, 2011, 01:45:26 pm »
Right everyone, im a bit slow so have only caught on to this craze the past couple of months.  Have seen the 1st series through lovefilm now and feel hooked.  Was about to buy the season 1-8 + redemption boxset the other day and the best price i could find was £99.99.  From nowhere it would seem, the following has become available at £48.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MX5MQW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_g74_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0E4VTDMRS789YNZ7DVFV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294 .  Although it is listed as 'new packaging' and the box appears smaller, im a little cynical that there is 50quid saving in the packaging.  Any ideas or reasons i shouldnt follow through?
« Last Edit: October 9, 2011, 01:59:19 pm by djibril »
"If we want no criticism then we must work harder to ensure we don't deserve it" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #331 on: October 9, 2011, 02:27:49 pm »
Right everyone, im a bit slow so have only caught on to this craze the past couple of months.  Have seen the 1st series through lovefilm now and feel hooked.  Was about to buy the season 1-8 + redemption boxset the other day and the best price i could find was £99.99.  From nowhere it would seem, the following has become available at £48.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MX5MQW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_g74_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0E4VTDMRS789YNZ7DVFV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294 .  Although it is listed as 'new packaging' and the box appears smaller, im a little cynical that there is 50quid saving in the packaging.  Any ideas or reasons i shouldnt follow through?

I bought 1 - 8 + redemption of ebay for £49 (second hand) watched all of them (loved every minute) then resold them on ebay again for £60  :D
cant see anything wrong with the amazon one though,looks legit,if you're a bit wary think you can get them new from ebay for around £60 - £70

Offline djibril

• wishes he had chosen a better username
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #332 on: October 9, 2011, 02:38:54 pm »
I bought 1 - 8 + redemption of ebay for £49 (second hand) watched all of them (loved every minute) then resold them on ebay again for £60  :D
cant see anything wrong with the amazon one though,looks legit,if you're a bit wary think you can get them new from ebay for around £60 - £70

Cheers.  Have just gone ahead and bought it there though.  Available on play.com and amazon so I assume its genuine enough.  I'm sure it can be returned if theres any hidden catches that weren't listed, have checked region and everything  so just looks like a good deal.
"If we want no criticism then we must work harder to ensure we don't deserve it" - Rafael Benitez

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: October 9, 2011, 05:36:27 pm »
The whole shebang is also £49.99 in HMV.  I picked it up yesterday.

Offline brabs1

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #334 on: October 9, 2011, 06:06:34 pm »
Cheers.  Have just gone ahead and bought it there though.  Available on play.com and amazon so I assume its genuine enough.  I'm sure it can be returned if theres any hidden catches that weren't listed, have checked region and everything  so just looks like a good deal.

If you picked it up at that price then it's an absolute steal. And if you haven't seen past season 1 then you are in for a treat. In my opinion 24 is the best TV show I've ever watched, sure some of the seasons can be contrived and a little repetetive but I love it to death and never tire of watching it. I have seasons 1-5 on DVD (season 5 is the best imo) but I'm waiting for a Blu-Ray boxset (if they ever release one!) before I buy any more. I'm positve you will love it though.

BTW, if anyone is missing their Bauer fix may I recommend the 24:Declassified books. I think there's 11 of them in total and having read most of them I think they're pretty good. Although they mess around with canon a little bit (I think), they would most likely tide you over until the film (ever) arrives.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: January 6, 2012, 09:50:44 am »
Met Jack Bauer today, he was alright for a pisshead. He was trying to buy me drinks at the end of the night, but the local was closing up and surprisingly didn't extend him the Hollywood treatment. Solid bloke when sober, I'd imagine, but by god, he was three sheets to the wind tonight. Had to be propped up walking in.

Spoiler
[close]

Edit: I wasn't really feeling like daisies when he turned up, either. Much too many Jamesons, so I can't knock him for being hammered.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2012, 10:05:17 am by Nicky English »

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: January 6, 2012, 09:56:40 am »
Met Jack Bauer today, he was alright for a pisshead. He was trying to buy me drinks at the end of the night, but the local was closing up and surprisingly didn't extend him the Hollywood treatment. Solid bloke when sober, I'd imagine, but by god, he was three sheets to the wind tonight. Had to be propped up walking in.

Spoiler
[close]

Very very cool. Post of the day if there was one?

I met him after a press conference for Monsters versus aliens, he was just sipping water there but he was nice with it.

Miss 24. Hope the film is okay, but let's be honest the TV format in the first couple of a seasons made the show - best we can hope for is a kick-ass thriller with some twists I guess.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: January 6, 2012, 10:35:11 am »
Having a drink with Jack Bauer, it just doesn't get any cooler :)

The film is taking a while to get going, but apparently casting is due to begin soon. Going to be a 2/3 hour movie set over a 24 hour time period I think. Should give them a chance to film abroad aswell with it being a movie, would be great if they shot some stuff in the UK.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #338 on: January 6, 2012, 12:07:40 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Edit: I wasn't really feeling like daisies when he turned up, either. Much too many Jamesons, so I can't knock him for being hammered.

That's just fucking superb!
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: January 6, 2012, 12:09:46 pm »
Hahaha, thats amazing

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: January 6, 2012, 09:05:00 pm »
It was a good time, too bad the bar closed early. Just as Bauer was letting go of the purse strings, too. :-[

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #341 on: January 7, 2012, 09:09:40 am »
It was a good time, too bad the bar closed early. Just as Bauer was letting go of the purse strings, too. :-[

Please tell me you were calling him that!  ;D

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #342 on: January 7, 2012, 08:42:30 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

If that was me, that would be my avatar

Offline Suarez325

• Kopite
  • Road End Whopper
« Reply #343 on: January 14, 2012, 10:50:37 pm »
Just watching this now. Bang on Chloe.

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #344 on: January 14, 2012, 11:22:42 pm »
Just watching this now. Bang on Chloe.

Would love to bang chloe, mentioned her in the weird crush thread somewhere around here...

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #345 on: November 28, 2012, 12:38:24 pm »

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: January 30, 2023, 06:44:46 am »
RIP Annie Wersching (FBI Agent Renee Walker). She was only 45 :(

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #347 on: January 30, 2023, 08:44:28 am »
Thats a sad one. 2010 me did have a bit of a crush on her

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #348 on: January 30, 2023, 12:30:47 pm »
Sad news. RIP Annie.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: January 30, 2023, 02:37:39 pm »
Thats a sad one. 2010 me did have a bit of a crush on her

Yep same!

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: February 1, 2023, 11:12:10 am »
RIP Annie Wersching (FBI Agent Renee Walker). She was only 45 :(

A lovely actress, that was really sad news.