Author Topic: Jose Enrique  (Read 62721 times)

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jose Enrique
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2019, 11:47:09 pm »
Well pleased for the lad.  :thumbup

Hope it continues.

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2019, 10:28:20 am »
Good to hear

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2019, 12:11:48 pm »
All the best to him. He had a fantastic first autumn before the injury hell began. Had he stayed fit, I'm fairly certain 2014 would've turned out better for us given the alternatives were Cissokho and Flanagan, both of whom he was better than.

As always with cancers after the first good news, the next year or two will be absolutely crucial and all we can do is to wish him the very best  :thumbup
Linudden.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2019, 09:54:41 am »
Jose is going to make his debut for the Legends team -

joseenriquee3
Verified
Join me as I make my debut for the LFC Legends in Hong Kong on 8th June. Get your tickets here
http://venue.cityline.com/utsvInternet/internet/action/event.do?actionFwd=eventDetail&event=30255

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxeOSPMiLnL/

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2019, 10:58:24 am »
I've been following his Instagram, and his connection with the club is enormous. He have played for many clubs, but only Liverpool is in his heart.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2019, 02:31:01 pm »
I always liked Jose. Seems a really nice bloke. Obviously he joined the club at a weird time and we've come along leaps and bounds since then, but he helped us win our last trophy. Having survived a brain tumour it will be nice to see him back on the pitch.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #206 on: May 27, 2019, 12:25:33 pm »

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #207 on: May 27, 2019, 01:27:46 pm »
We are Liverpool!

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #208 on: May 27, 2019, 02:59:47 pm »
Nice article interviewing him in the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/27/jose-enrique-liverpool-cancer-champions-league-final

great interview, I'm so glad to see he's still alive. It's humbling, as elbow said.

Also, this part:
I spoke to a Chilean living in Barcelona, having the same treatment. Every session costs €1,800; I had 38 sessions. It’s a lot. He said: ‘If this had happened to me in Chile, I couldn’t have paid. I would have probably died.’”

as a Chilean, I can say that is (sadly) 100% true. Healthcare here is for people who can actually afford it. It's a libertarian's wet dream.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 27, 2019, 03:55:17 pm »
 :scarf YNWA Jose.
José Enrique was in Paris when Liverpool played PSG and in Barcelona for the Champions League semi-final first leg – high in the Camp Nou among the fans. Alberto Moreno had got him tickets and the view was not great, he jokes, but the supporters were “spectacular”. “They sang to me, hugged me, asked how I was, but weren’t overwhelming. I guess because of what happened.” He’ll be in Madrid on Saturday. “This time Liverpool have to win; they deserve it,” he says.

If the final is the culmination of the club’s year, for their former player there is another game a week later, another stage in his recovery, another target. He has been invited to play for Liverpool Legends in Hong Kong. Apart from one kickabout with mates, it will be his first game since retiring.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #210 on: May 27, 2019, 05:57:49 pm »
Great interview by him poor guy has been through it. Let's hope he is our lucky mascot in Madrid looking forward to seeing him pull on the legends shirt in the summer.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: June 4, 2019, 04:03:53 pm »
Sat near me in the Wanda :scarf

Got a picture and said it was nice to see him doing well.

His wife is about 10x prettier than I first imagined in person. Thought it'd have been a bit cheeky asking her for a picture though!  :D
YNWA.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #212 on: June 8, 2019, 01:40:49 pm »
He played for Liverpool legends last night vs BVB in Hong Kong  8)

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1137285643552337920

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #213 on: June 8, 2019, 02:25:37 pm »

'What an incredible feeling wearing this shirt again. I can't believe just a year a go I was fighting for my life and today I could wear the shirt of the best team in the world again. Thanks so much for the support…':-

https://twitter.com/jesanchez3/status/1137341619668045826?s=21 & https://www.instagram.com/p/Bycw8G6i739/?igshid=1djg4rwe43aiw
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #214 on: June 9, 2019, 12:20:26 am »
Remarkable. Made up for him

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2019, 03:23:01 am »
Made up for him to get to wear the red shirt again. He was a really quality player on his day.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2019, 08:54:29 am »
Made up for him to get to wear the red shirt again. He was a really quality player on his day.
could be inconsistent but i did like him

he was brilliant the first few months he was here, form was dodgy then for a long while but Rodgers first season he was back to his best (downing was picked ahead of him some games). very dependant on his left foot and used to take too many touches but a very good player on his day.

13-14 he was injured at the start of season and that was him pretty much done, its great to see him recover from a terrible illness so well
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2019, 12:48:06 pm »
13-14 he was injured at the start of season and that was him pretty much done, its great to see him recover from a terrible illness so well

A fit José Enrique instead of Flanagan - I think would've meant the left flank being shut down defensively and would've made the difference that year when the bar wasn't 98 points. It was a shame.

Either way, great to see him healthy enough to enjoy a kickabout with fellow ex-players, let's hope it all keeps up for him  :scarf
Linudden.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2019, 12:55:08 pm »
A fit José Enrique instead of Flanagan - I think would've meant the left flank being shut down defensively and would've made the difference that year when the bar wasn't 98 points. It was a shame.

Either way, great to see him healthy enough to enjoy a kickabout with fellow ex-players, let's hope it all keeps up for him  :scarf
Flanagan did quite well that season to be fair when he came in.

mind you both were streets ahead of Aly Cissokho

of the reasons you could point to for not winning the league that years, this one is way down the order.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2019, 01:04:52 pm »
Flanagan did quite well that season to be fair when he came in.

mind you both were streets ahead of Aly Cissokho

of the reasons you could point to for not winning the league that years, this one is way down the order.

Attackingly, he did alright, but I recall I read something about the time that Flanno got dribbled past more than the other left backs even in lower-tier clubs. Do not forget, there were so many goals shipped that season and so much of that came through lack of defensive positioning. I think Cissokho wasn't as bad as people made him out to be. He played in the Arsenal 5-1 crushing for example and I thought he had a splendid game that time, really shutting his side down. To me, there was very little in it between him and Flanagan in terms of overall play, even though Cissokho was clumsy with the ball, he was better without the ball than Flanagan was. Enrique was better defensively than both though. Regardless, there's a reason Moreno was bought in the summer of 2014. The left back position was a shaky point at that time. Sadly, Albie also proved to be a bit more of that himself but that's life.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 01:07:08 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2019, 01:11:05 pm »
Flanagan was far from the finished article alright, the city 3-2 game we won Milner was destroying him

The Defence overall was suspect that season, and the keeper

left back has been a bother for years, until Robbo came in. different level altogether

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2019, 06:32:38 pm »
It was so good to see him back playing football, after everything he's been through.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #222 on: October 13, 2019, 10:39:56 pm »
It was so good to see him back playing football, after everything he's been through.

Great to see he's back on his feet and made a full recovery. Looking forward to seeing him in more Legends matches.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2019, 10:46:14 pm »
Great to see he's back on his feet and made a full recovery. Looking forward to seeing him in more Legends matches.

A really nice little interview with him on the official site as well.

Jose Enrique: I feel so grateful to play again

Jose Enrique reflected on the emotions of representing Liverpool again after being part of the legends team that defeated Rangers on Saturday. The former Reds full-back has recovered from a rare form of brain tumour which required the Spaniard to undergo life-saving surgery last summer.Enrique featured for the full 90 minutes at Ibrox as Liverpool FC Legends claimed a 3-2 win through goals from Luis Garcia, Patrik Berger and Emile Heskey.

Post-match, he explained the gratitude he feels just to be able to participate after the challenges he has had to overcome.

“A year ago I had a tumour in my head, I thought I was dying, and now I’m playing here in front of 30,000 people. I can be grateful and happy to be part of this,” Enrique told Liverpoolfc.com.“It’s amazing. It has been a very difficult time, probably the most difficult time of my life. To [wear] this shirt again, it’s my club – I feel like this is my club – and to play 90 minutes again with this team is amazing.”

Steven Gerrard was at the centre of the Liverpool midfield against the club he now manages at first-team level, while the likes of Jamie Carragher, Dirk Kuyt and Glen Johnson also pulled on their boots again. A donation from the fixture will now be made to LFC Foundation, the Reds’ official charity, which delivers a range of programmes and partnerships to create life-changing opportunities for children and young people across the city and beyond. And Enrique was proud to be involved in the occasion.

“There were a lot of goals, all in the first half. It was really good, I really enjoyed [playing] 90 minutes,” he said. “I don’t even remember the last time I played 90 minutes. I was really happy to see the guys and obviously to play again. When you are retired, to come here and play in front of the fans, you have memories and you enjoy it so much. I won’t forget this.”

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2019, 11:51:28 pm »
Good to see him looking well on Skysports tonight, long may it continue.  :thumbup

Offline VVDBeast

• Boys Pen
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2020, 02:28:40 pm »
Cool interview with Enrique. Always felt like he was a great guy in real life and seems like I was right. And he's clearly in love with Liverpool even after all these years.

https://tribuna.com/en/liverpoolfc/news/2020-06-17-jose-enrique-footballers-live-in-a-bubble-now-my-partner-tells-me-go-and-clean-the-shit-o/

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #226 on: June 18, 2020, 12:24:19 pm »
Cool interview with Enrique. Always felt like he was a great guy in real life and seems like I was right. And he's clearly in love with Liverpool even after all these years.

https://tribuna.com/en/liverpoolfc/news/2020-06-17-jose-enrique-footballers-live-in-a-bubble-now-my-partner-tells-me-go-and-clean-the-shit-o/

Anyone needs to know why this club affects playes the way it does - then they just have to read that. Love what he says about Jürgen Klopp too, gives an insight to how he is with players - brutally honest! And they appreciate that.

Top class stuff from Jose.  Glad he’s recovered and doing well, and it’s great that he’s now part of the Liverpool legends team set up!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2020, 10:35:16 pm »

Thanks for posting that, one of best interviews I've read from a former player :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: June 25, 2020, 10:30:28 am »
Just on sky sports news now and they were talking about Man U and Enrique is on the show and he's going on about you need to give managers time etc and see how they finish this season and then next season ole has to deliver and get them competing back for trophies...then he goes "but hopefully because of Liverpool they never win anything again"  ;D good stuff Jose

Looking good too after his battle with cancer

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #229 on: June 25, 2020, 11:18:27 pm »
He just jumped in to a swimming pool fully clothed like a true red ;D ;D
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #230 on: July 1, 2020, 05:07:08 pm »
From the tribuna interview:

“And look what (Klopp) did for me. He knew I was leaving so he gave me a chance to play as a centre back and gave me the captaincy in the cup game. I remember when he first told me that, I called my partner and said, ‘I’m going to be the captain!’ And she said, ‘I’m surprised!’ Klopp told me that I was the oldest player in the team and I deserved it. I still have that armband in my house! Being the captain of Liverpool, even for one game, I will always remember it. It was a dark period for me but I was very happy that day.”
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2021, 09:25:00 am »
On Sky Sports News now - looks made up about the win and keeps saying We when referring to Liverpool :D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2021, 08:55:58 pm »
Was a big fan of Enrique.  Thought he was a top quality left back.

Glad to see him healthy again after his struggles.

Top player, top bloke!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2021, 10:32:39 pm »
On Sky Sports News now - looks made up about the win and keeps saying We when referring to Liverpool :D

He's a massive red.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2021, 12:35:59 am »
He's a massive red.

Right! I read a quote from Jose a while ago talking about Man Utd and he said they were looking better as team. Then added something like, "but I hope they never win anything ever again because Liverpool" or something like that.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 30, 2021, 09:52:48 pm »
From the tribuna interview:

“And look what (Klopp) did for me. He knew I was leaving so he gave me a chance to play as a centre back and gave me the captaincy in the cup game. I remember when he first told me that, I called my partner and said, ‘I’m going to be the captain!’ And she said, ‘I’m surprised!’ Klopp told me that I was the oldest player in the team and I deserved it. I still have that armband in my house! Being the captain of Liverpool, even for one game, I will always remember it. It was a dark period for me but I was very happy that day.”

I love the way he says that.  It's just so throwaway, like it's just lying around or he's got it in his sock drawer or something. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2021, 03:51:42 pm »

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2021, 05:12:31 pm »
Man, this guy is a such a Liverpool FC  fan boy on Instagram, it’s hilarious  ;D

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2021, 07:00:33 pm »
He is EVERYWHERE. I half expect him to start jumping out of my fridge in a full Liverpool kit.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 26, 2022, 11:25:02 am »
Didn't realize he's so funny. On Soccer AM he was asked which Man United player has had an assist every game in champions league so far this season. He said Fred. I laughed way more than I should have.