Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL QF 2nd Leg City 0 v Liverpool 3 [10 April 2018, KO 19:45 GMT]  (Read 126276 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
May have already been asked, but why the fuck do we play tomorrow after playing on Wednesday while Real/Juve play tomorrow after playing last Tuesday? How on Earth is that fair?

I'm glad it's tomorrow. Don't think I can bare an additional day waiting. Least i'll get 3 days solid work in this way. Much more nervous about tomorrow than I was an hour before the game last week. It's like we're almost there. But we are against a side who can easily score 3.

To be honest I think they will. But we'll get one.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
You meant Mo there yes?

I'm confident he is fine to play. With top 4 being very much on, I think Klopp risks him even if he's not 100%.

I really hope he plays but am not confident that he will. 

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
So excited for this. I agree with those who say that we should come out of the blocks as we always do, disruptive and lethal in penetration (that sounds funny but can't find another way of putting it). I wouldn't change how we have playing all season, they will be raring to go but the first instance where we win the ball back in our own half and reach their box within a few seconds will have them shitting themselves making them doubt whether they should play that risky pass.

I believe that the Guardiola brand of football is hugely about confidence. The confidence in both your and your team's ability to take risks whilst maintaining control of the ball which is very hard to do. They are clearly at a low point and we absolutely need to exploit that. Klopp's game for me is based on having the confidence to disrupt and ability to score. I guess that is a form of control in its own right, the team control the areas it does not want the opposition to have the ball, that probably explains why Klopp was not so happy about our second half performance.

On another note, Klopp often talks about his hair transplant and as I am in the market for one I decided to see the same guy who did his, Dr. Villnow. He is basically a doctor version of Klopp haha. With his biography on the wall, we spent most of the consultation talking about him and the City game haha.

;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp says he's unsure re: Salah, "rather yes than no".

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I really hope he plays but am not confident that he will.

I think he will, plus I think if he's not back tomorrow then he will be back for our next league match.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don't think Mane would have started Saturday if there was any doubt about Mo.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don't think Mane would have started Saturday if there was any doubt about Mo.

There clearly is doubt about Mo. Who would have played instead of Mane?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
This is a Champions League Quarter Final 2nd leg with a big chance to get through to the semi finals. Salah isn't missing this.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
From the presser.

Klopp: "I knew before that they can concede goals, and if you concede goals then you can lose." #LFC

Essentially paraphrasing Arnie in Predator there.

Arnie: 'If it bleeds we can kill it'.

Mo will be fit. I'm 100% confident now. 

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Fernandinho: "We played them 3 times this season. We beat them 5-0 at home. They are a team who like to play long balls."

Not bitter at all.  :lmao

ololololololololololol
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
This is a Champions League Quarter Final 2nd leg with a big chance to get through to the semi finals. Salah isn't missing this.

Yeah I think the ambiguity will be as much to keep City guessing having compromised their own set up in the last game by making a plan to contain him...

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp says he's unsure re: Salah, "rather yes than no".

F*cking right too.

Imagine not keeping them guessing, even in the slightest possible way.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I can see an early red for them for a last man foul when they're fucked off trying to defend our counters.

They'll come out all professional, prepped and organised hoping we'll try to contain them rather than attack but we'll be all over them like a swarm of hornets from the off. 

It won't take much for them to lose their heads as the derby showed and I won't be surprised if they have another red before it's over.

Can't wait for the game now [emoji16]

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
what an answer to Brazilian TV:

"firminio says he is in the best shape of his career. Would you agree and do you think he is the best since you started coaching"

long pause

"yes"

Would you like to give a longer answer

"no"

end of Presser ;D

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan

Unfortunately, it’s not that straightforward.  Klopp and his medical staff won’t risk him if he’s not fit.  We have a great chance of a CL semi-final, still have to confirm top 4, and Salah has the World Cup to look forward to.  If there’s a chance of him injuring his groin further which will see him potentially out for a length of time then he won’t play in my opinion.   

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
Brazilian journalist: "Firmino said after the last Man City game he is in the best moment of his career, I would ask if you agree with him and if he is in the best shape since you started to coach him?"

Klopp: "Yes."

Someone encourages the journalist to ask for a longer answer.

Brazilian journalist: "If you would give me a longer answer?"

Klopp: "No."

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
Arthur a Brazillian journo - ' Sir Klopp. Firmino has said he is playing his best football right now, would you agree?

Klopp ' Yes'

Leaves it at that.

Journo 'would you like to give me a longer answer'

Klopp 'No'

What was all that about?  ???

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Fernandinho: "We played them 3 times this season. We beat them 5-0 at home. They are a team who like to play long balls."

Such a weird quote.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
by the sounds of it i think he was annoyed as he is going to be late for the training session which is why he gave a short answer.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Arthur a Brazillian journo - ' Sir Klopp. Firmino has said he is playing his best football right now, would you agree?

Klopp ' Yes'

Leaves it at that.

Journo 'would you like to give me a longer answer'

Klopp 'No'

What was all that about?  ???
Could be something to do with us training at Melwood and he just wants to get back to prepare? Final hours will be crucial.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Unfortunately, it’s not that straightforward.  Klopp and his medical staff won’t risk him if he’s not fit.  We have a great chance of a CL semi-final, still have to confirm top 4, and Salah has the World Cup to look forward to.  If there’s a chance of him injuring his groin further which will see him potentially out for a length of time then he won’t play in my opinion.

I agree with that, and if that is the case, we'll have to adapt and make do without him.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Could be something to do with us training at Melwood and he just wants to get back to prepare? Final hours will be crucial.

It must be legit weird to have to explain your job to the public, as part of your job, while you do your job

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
Just to stir it up a bit and get everyone to shit their kecks.

I'll go with Klopp not risking Salah and a front 3 of Ings, Firmino and Mane  :o

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just to stir it up a bit and get everyone to shit their kecks.

I'll go with Klopp not risking Salah and a front 3 of Ings, Firmino and Mane  :o

ha funnily enough i am of the mindset Salah wont start too. Bench at best for me. based on nothing but i cant remember the last time someone went off, had a scan, rehab and was back inside a week.

If he doesnt play i think he'll play Solanke though

If we are doing well leave Salah tucked up on the bench. if its going pear shaped see if we can get 30 minutes from him

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
Where the fuck has got we like to play long balls from ? It is almost inferring we are managed by Pulis or Fat Sam. Utter nonsense. We like to play a ball over the top occasionally because their centre halves are slow and a bit shite, and we have one of the quickest and most lethal attacking sides in Europe. Other than that he is spot on

With English being his second language, I suspect he means down the channels, between their defensive line, when they push up, for Mo and Fermino to run on to..well, I hope so!
From the Country of Liverpool

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
It must be legit weird to have to explain your job to the public, as part of your job, while you do your job

Honestly, can you imagine having to sit through these press conferences and legitimately answer!? I'd lose my fucking mind after two or three just due to the sheer repetitive/idiotic nature of most questions. 

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan

I don't think he means hoofing the ball... I think he means long balls to counter - like our first v City. Milner long (on the ground) to Salah and we score from that.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
I don't think he means hoofing the ball... I think he means long balls to counter - like our first v City. Milner long (on the ground) to Salah and we score from that.
We do hoof a lot against them as it's really productive to give them the ball and counter-press them when they insist so much on their buiild-up play. It explains such a stellar record Klopp has against Pep.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Honestly, can you imagine having to sit through these press conferences and legitimately answer!? I'd lose my fucking mind after two or three just due to the sheer repetitive/idiotic nature of most questions. 

Yup me too
I’d also struggle to explain why I was spending so much time on RAWK and understat.....

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
On Salah

At 5pm we train at Melwood, we will see if he's part of training. Rather yes than no at the moment, but we have to wait for the reaction until tomorrow, then we make a decision.”

Klopp also remains hopeful of having Andy Robertson and Alberto Moreno in his ranks as the Reds go in search of their first Champions League semi-final for 10 years.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
ha funnily enough i am of the mindset Salah wont start too. Bench at best for me. based on nothing but i cant remember the last time someone went off, had a scan, rehab and was back inside a week.

If he doesnt play i think he'll play Solanke though

If we are doing well leave Salah tucked up on the bench. if its going pear shaped see if we can get 30 minutes from him

Solanke was really poor at the weekend and failed to even do the basics right.

If Salah doesn't play then play Clyne or Moreno - Moreno can play left or TAA as attacker on right.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
Their end

ive sat with city fans before for the game with us when we drew 1-1 and lallana missed that sitter. fair to say i gave up my cover when he missed :D

Nobody said anything people were pretty sound to be honest.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd

I wish we had their cultured tactics of trying to hit long, diagonal balls over Trent's head to Sane.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written

Code: [Select]
Team Percentage of passes that are Long Balls
Manchester City 6%
Arsenal 8%
Liverpool 10%
Chelsea 10%
Tottenham 11%
Manchester United 12%
Bournemouth 14%
Southampton 14%
Watford 15%
Swansea 17%
Huddersfield 17%
Crystal Palace 17%
Leicester 18%
West Ham 18%
Brighton 19%
Everton 19%
Newcastle United 19%
Stoke 19%
West Bromwich Albion 20%
Burnley 22%
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Some very reassuring, although not unsurprising, words from Van Dijk when talking about approach to the game i.e. we are going there to win and not defend a lead. Class act that lad.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Nervous as fuck. I think if we get the goal which we really should be getting we'll be sound, just hope the likes of Robbo and Mo are in the 11 tomorrow night. Biggest match in a fair few years.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Where the fuck has got we like to play long balls from ? It is almost inferring we are managed by Pulis or Fat Sam. Utter nonsense. We like to play a ball over the top occasionally because their centre halves are slow and a bit shite, and we have one of the quickest and most lethal attacking sides in Europe. Other than that he is spot on

Liverpool 3-0 City
Long Aerial Balls played 43-69

Liverpool 4-3 City
Long Aerial Balls played 41-55

You were saying Fernandinho?
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd