Author Topic: West Ham United  (Read 222284 times)

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
Re: West Ham United
« Reply #160 on: October 4, 2017, 01:01:32 pm »
I took my grandson  (10 yrs) last season no problems whatsoever. After the match though you get directed by stewards and police, we headed to Pudding Mill Lane DLR and we were back to Euston in no time.

Thank you!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: October 5, 2017, 08:22:12 am »
Thinking of taking my lad to this fixture in November. Easy away in terms of the travel which he'd love. He's 5 years old though. I'm a bit apprehensive, what's it like in terms of safety around the ground as I know West Ham used to have a reputation for trouble?

Edit: also what are the chances of getting tickets? Would probably have to use the exchange on here?

You'll be more than fine mate.

They actually re-direct away fans afterwards (similar to west brom, but much longer) and you get sent on a ridiculous detour away from any home fans.

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2017, 01:09:43 pm »
I took my grandson  (10 yrs) last season no problems whatsoever. After the match though you get directed by stewards and police, we headed to Pudding Mill Lane DLR and we were back to Euston in no time.

We're going to need to get 9pm train from Euston and wondering quickest way back from the ground.  Last year the police detour walk around the stadium took us about 40 mins, including time queuing to get onto the walkways due to crowds, just to get to Stratford International.  Thinking it might be tight getting to Euston if we have to queue for train there.  Wondering if we would be better heading for Pudding Mill Lane DLR?  Anyone know what the route is from there back to Euston?  And how frequent/long it might take? 
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: November 1, 2017, 01:37:22 pm »
We're going to need to get 9pm train from Euston and wondering quickest way back from the ground.  Last year the police detour walk around the stadium took us about 40 mins, including time queuing to get onto the walkways due to crowds, just to get to Stratford International.  Thinking it might be tight getting to Euston if we have to queue for train there.  Wondering if we would be better heading for Pudding Mill Lane DLR?  Anyone know what the route is from there back to Euston?  And how frequent/long it might take? 
I find taking the overground to Hackney Wick a better way into the area..similar walk to Stratford but like 5% of the crowds go that way so much better on the out..I did that way twice in the summer for the Athletics
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #164 on: November 1, 2017, 02:03:03 pm »

According to TFL you have to get the DLR to Stratford, get an Overground train from there to Highbury & Islington and then the Cictoria Line to Euston. 35 mins all in apparently although don’t know how frequent the Overground trains are if you were to miss one.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 1, 2017, 03:08:38 pm »
Any chance of a decent away pub for this one this year???

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 1, 2017, 04:43:45 pm »
Any chance of a decent away pub for this one this year???

I think we're gonna try to head to the Crate Brewery and Howling Hops which are two pubs who brew their own beer next door to each other near Hackney Wick station.

We ended up in Cafe Football in the Westfield Centre last season which wasn't bad but does have the feel of drinking in a shopping centre.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #167 on: November 1, 2017, 04:45:21 pm »
We ended up in Cafe Football in the Westfield Centre last season which wasn't bad but does have the feel of drinking in a shopping centre.

Do they show the games in there?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 1, 2017, 04:52:05 pm »
Do they show the games in there?

Yeah tvs everywhere. There's a small standing area near the bar but its mostly seated for people who are eating.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 1, 2017, 05:12:06 pm »
I think we're gonna try to head to the Crate Brewery and Howling Hops which are two pubs who brew their own beer next door to each other near Hackney Wick station.

Good shout

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #170 on: November 2, 2017, 12:30:12 am »
Yeah tvs everywhere. There's a small standing area near the bar but its mostly seated for people who are eating.
Thanks.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2019, 12:16:18 pm »
How did everyone get on last year? I'm meeting two mates beforehand so somewhere we can all aim for before heading to the ground would be great, but not been to the Olympic Stadium since they switched. I quite liked Upton Park as it goes, apart from the ridiculous entrance and joke size bars, especially the view from the upper tier in the cup was well good despite the result.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Lebron

• Anny Roader
« Reply #172 on: February 1, 2019, 12:41:50 pm »
How did everyone get on last year? I'm meeting two mates beforehand so somewhere we can all aim for before heading to the ground would be great, but not been to the Olympic Stadium since they switched. I quite liked Upton Park as it goes, apart from the ridiculous entrance and joke size bars, especially the view from the upper tier in the cup was well good despite the result.

Was wondering the same if there was somewhere Liverpool fans met up close to ground? also would it be safe enough buying home tickets for this?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #173 on: February 1, 2019, 12:45:21 pm »
Was wondering the same if there was somewhere Liverpool fans met up close to ground? also would it be safe enough buying home tickets for this?

Depends how well you can sit on your hands to be honest. I doubt I could manage to not celebrate a goal so I try not to, but if you can why not?

I've noticed there is a Spoons down there called the Goldengrove so I'm headed to that early as I have to wait to meet some mates (and should hopefully be a bit easier on my wallet) and then I've seen on some other forums of other teams that the Goose which is 5 minutes walk away welcomes away fans, though I don't think it's particularly an 'away' pub so to speak.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 1, 2019, 12:51:06 pm »
Take the Orange Overground line to Hackney Wick...few decent spots around...far better than your generic Spoons..and you can walk to the Stadium from there...avoid Westfield
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Lebron

• Anny Roader
« Reply #175 on: February 1, 2019, 01:09:28 pm »
Depends how well you can sit on your hands to be honest. I doubt I could manage to not celebrate a goal so I try not to, but if you can why not?

I've noticed there is a Spoons down there called the Goldengrove so I'm headed to that early as I have to wait to meet some mates (and should hopefully be a bit easier on my wallet) and then I've seen on some other forums of other teams that the Goose which is 5 minutes walk away welcomes away fans, though I don't think it's particularly an 'away' pub so to speak.

This is the part that worries me  :)

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #176 on: February 1, 2019, 02:16:59 pm »
Take the Orange Overground line to Hackney Wick...few decent spots around...far better than your generic Spoons..and you can walk to the Stadium from there...avoid Westfield
Spot on, 100% this.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 3, 2019, 02:41:36 pm »
I've often gone to the Barrowboy & Banker before West Ham, just outside London Bridge station. LBG is on the Jubilee line and is only a few stops away now.

Decent spot for anyone who wants to meet in central then make your way over, rather than drink close by

Looking forward to this one, but must say I do miss the old Upton Park - proper football ground

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #178 on: February 3, 2019, 11:14:07 pm »
Goldengrove for me for a couple before game
YNWA

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2019, 03:02:57 am »
Has anyone tried to get to Hackney Wick after the game?

Are we physically stopped from going that way?

If you did it, was it possible to actually get on a train, given that they will be full from Stratford?

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 7, 2020, 07:42:51 pm »
Going to source a couple of home tickets for this, anniversary present for my wife even though she hates football 😂 She loves London though 🤷🏽‍♂️
Nah.

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2020, 06:13:40 pm »
Has anyone tried to get to Hackney Wick after the game?

Are we physically stopped from going that way?

If you did it, was it possible to actually get on a train, given that they will be full from Stratford?

Yes it's easy. First season there we went to stratford and forced to walk miles round. Hackney I think we just walk along the canal/river and  cross further up.

I did not get a train, I went to a pub there.