Author Topic: West Ham United  (Read 222295 times)

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
Re: West Ham United
« Reply #40 on: May 5, 2009, 09:33:08 pm »
Word from the wise, to the not so ;D

All the trains have been knackered all season for us.

Do NOT rely on the District Line or Hammersmith and City to get you anywhere, as they are shite when they are running properly, let alone when all this is going on.

I strongly recommend that you have a quick gander on a map and work out the best way to walk from West Ham, or Barking, as the C2C overland are about the only things still running with any kind of good service. Both can be walked from in 20 - 30 min depending on pace.

Ta for the info :wave
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
« Reply #41 on: May 6, 2009, 10:20:06 am »
Ta for the info :wave

No worries.

And as I'm a giving person, I checked the trains for you all.

Assuming that you will be coming down into Euston, you want the Northern Line to MOORGATE, then Hammersmith or Central (i think) to LIVERPOOL STREET.

Then C2C overground to Barking or West Ham, whatever walking path that you think is easiest.

As long as you muddle your way to Liverpool Street you'll be fine.

Peace out.
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: May 6, 2009, 12:46:51 pm »
No worries.

And as I'm a giving person, I checked the trains for you all.

Assuming that you will be coming down into Euston, you want the Northern Line to MOORGATE, then Hammersmith or Central (i think) to LIVERPOOL STREET.

Then C2C overground to Barking or West Ham, whatever walking path that you think is easiest.

As long as you muddle your way to Liverpool Street you'll be fine.

Peace out.

Sorry Marcus, but I thought that the C2C trains went from Fenchurch Street, not Liverpool Street. Or is that just during the week?
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?

Offline Marcus6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 6, 2009, 01:27:15 pm »
Sorry Marcus, but I thought that the C2C trains went from Fenchurch Street, not Liverpool Street. Or is that just during the week?

They do both :wave
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 6, 2009, 01:42:56 pm »
They do both :wave

Fair enough. I used to live in Plaistow and I remember having to go to Fenchurch Street when the District line was down (which was quite often)
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 7, 2009, 01:54:16 pm »
I've heard parking at the Newham Hospital is good?

Any idea of prices?

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 7, 2009, 01:58:08 pm »
I've heard parking at the Newham Hospital is good?

Any idea of prices?

Sorted - found it on website

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #47 on: May 7, 2009, 07:06:28 pm »
Thinking of getting the train to Paddington, what would be the best method of getting to the ground given the transport problems?

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #48 on: May 7, 2009, 07:09:05 pm »
Thinking of getting the train to Paddington, what would be the best method of getting to the ground given the transport problems?

By tube its district (green) to notting hill gate, then central (red) to mile end, then district to upton park. There may be a better route by train though.......

Offline Yer_Ma

• Minty
  • Kopite
« Reply #49 on: May 7, 2009, 07:09:13 pm »
pwopa nawwwwteee

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #50 on: May 7, 2009, 07:40:46 pm »
Nawtee little terwup

Offline IamDave

• Gone back to bed! zzzzZZZZ
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All of you are the "Famous Atmosphere" - SING!!
« Reply #51 on: May 8, 2009, 01:18:04 pm »
Liverpool FC would like to make supporters travelling to London for Saturday's match at West Ham United aware of the following announcement. 

A West Ham spokesman said: "After lengthy consultation with the Metropolitan Police, West Ham United has agreed not to sell alcohol to Liverpool supporters once the match has started at 17.30hrs.

"The kiosk will remain open for the sale of food, soft drinks, tea and coffee, but no alcohol will be sold once the match has started." 

I think this happened at Hull too?  Possibly something that all grounds might adopt - that will really dent some profits?  :hally
So these are meat pies.  What kind of meat exactly?

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 8, 2009, 01:21:48 pm »
Liverpool FC would like to make supporters travelling to London for Saturday's match at West Ham United aware of the following announcement. 

A West Ham spokesman said: "After lengthy consultation with the Metropolitan Police, West Ham United has agreed not to sell alcohol to Liverpool supporters once the match has started at 17.30hrs.

"The kiosk will remain open for the sale of food, soft drinks, tea and coffee, but no alcohol will be sold once the match has started." 

I think this happened at Hull too?  Possibly something that all grounds might adopt - that will really dent some profits?  :hally

They must be worried about trouble if they are willing to reduce their profits?
« Last Edit: May 8, 2009, 01:59:03 pm by weebroalan »

Offline Marcus6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 8, 2009, 02:49:50 pm »

pwopa nawwwwteee

It seems you cheeky scousers are the nawwtee ones  :wave

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #54 on: May 8, 2009, 03:06:06 pm »
By tube its district (green) to notting hill gate, then central (red) to mile end, then district to upton park. There may be a better route by train though.......

Ok cheers. Getting into Paddington about 12 I think, how long d'ya think it will take to get to the ground?

Offline P MAN

• Anny Roader
  • Not enough blood in my alcohol system
« Reply #55 on: May 8, 2009, 03:16:35 pm »
Ok cheers. Getting into Paddington about 12 I think, how long d'ya think it will take to get to the ground?

allow yourself atleast an hour... maybe a little longer incase you have to wait for tube connections!

Offline millsymate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #56 on: May 8, 2009, 08:58:08 pm »
Stop worryin,
tubes a piece of piss.

Offline P MAN

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: May 9, 2009, 11:17:23 am »
Stop worryin,
tubes a piece of piss.

when it works properly yes  ;)

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 9, 2009, 10:28:25 pm »
Stop worryin,
tubes a piece of piss.

So how was the tube today?

Offline elsombreroman

• Now 18 but check his id anyway. Potential hacker. The new Ken Dodd.
  • Kopite
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2009, 12:07:36 pm »
drove down was a peice of piss getting in and out the central was decent advice is to get a crate an sit out side
You what lad?!

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2009, 08:08:07 pm »
drove down was a peice of piss getting in and out the central was decent advice is to get a crate an sit out side

Drove and was easy

Parked at Newham Hospital - £4 parking and 10min walk

Easy peasy!!

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2009, 08:15:09 pm »
I sat in Dr Martens Lower and some of the stuff I hear was disgusting-the worst was:

"96 and you still don't queue"

It was so hard to keep my mouth shut but I would have been killed.

Offline P MAN

• Anny Roader
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2009, 09:14:19 pm »
We were in the central post game and there was a few reds there... Then all of a sudden about 15 West ham fans came in and started chantting ICF ICF... and went for some reds fans in the back corner of the pub....was not a pretty site and we were lucky not to get caught up in it. The bizzy`s didnt turn up till about 5 mins after it had all kicked off!

Offline cob

• Anny Roader
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2009, 09:28:29 pm »
We were in the central post game and there was a few reds there... Then all of a sudden about 15 West ham fans came in and started chantting ICF ICF... and went for some reds fans in the back corner of the pub....was not a pretty site and we were lucky not to get caught up in it. The bizzy`s didnt turn up till about 5 mins after it had all kicked off!

Did we batter the pricks........??
TRADE COUNT OF 500 + WITH LOADS OF REFERENCES IF REQUIRED

Offline GIRed

• I know what the fuck im talking about, so shut up and maybe you'll learn something.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hey, there were Skittles in there!
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2009, 09:49:01 pm »

they didnt need help mate?
"You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you...." -Ike

...09/10...6/19

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2009, 11:54:01 pm »
Right, on the way back from West Ham last night, stopped off at the services by Coventry on SOS.

Some lad gets a flyway from the shop, were all drunk to fuck, Alex (millsymate on here) volleys the ball in the air, I go to volley it back in the pitch black, didn't see it till last min, miss it, air kick and fall down with all me weight on me ankle.

Torn me anterior fibular ankle ligaments and foot swollen up to size of a tennis ball.

Was in agony on the coach back, straight to A&E off the coach (after picking me bird up from an 18th) now on crutches for 2 to 3 weeks an can't play footy for upto 10 weeks.

Guttner or what !

Offline millsymate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2009, 12:29:31 am »
Right, on the way back from West Ham last night, stopped off at the services by Coventry on SOS.

Some lad gets a flyway from the shop, were all drunk to fuck, Alex (millsymate on here) volleys the ball in the air, I go to volley it back in the pitch black, didn't see it till last min, miss it, air kick and fall down with all me weight on me ankle.

Torn me anterior fibular ankle ligaments and foot swollen up to size of a tennis ball

We thought youd robbed the flyaway never mind the size of a tennisy.

Ruined his trip back from there, he couldnt join in the conga down the coach :)

im still in fuckin stitches laughin.

Offline millsymate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2009, 12:41:11 am »
Fuckin food round there so cheap.
7inch pizza with 4 toppings , a fuckin quid. ;D

Its abar a fiver ere.

And then on the way wimpy in the fuckin motorway is abar 10 notes for a bag of chips.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2009, 01:32:22 am »
Was in the Central before kick off, was pretty obvious who we were supporting, luckily we were with some friends who were Hammers, so it was fine :)
hi

Offline NasEscobar

• Shirt fetishist
  • Legacy Fan
  • See you at the Barricades babe.
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2009, 06:42:45 pm »

How come you didn't help our lads out? Not enough of you?!
Check me out y'all, Nasty Nas in your area, About to cause mass Hysteria.

Offline P MAN

• Anny Roader
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2009, 11:39:45 pm »
How come you didn't help our lads out? Not enough of you?!

me and my mate were on the other side of the main bar so couldnt even get across the pub until some others intervened as was just crowded. The mob then ran out as must have known the police would be enroute.... anyone else see it?!

Offline red_88

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2009, 11:45:40 pm »

Thought i'd heard the last of this pizza but no, just won't drop it will ya lad! :D

You on the sos for west brom with ya crutches mate? Did our superstrength parries help any?
Twitter @KarlH88

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2009, 01:44:21 am »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, am glad my mate's brother in law's a regular there, otherwise we might have been dog meat.
hi

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2009, 09:29:48 am »
Thought i'd heard the last of this pizza but no, just won't drop it will ya lad! :D

You on the sos for west brom with ya crutches mate? Did our superstrength parries help any?

They did ya know lad, nice one. Dont know if I can manage West Brom with the stairs an shit but yeah I'll av a go.

Offline NasEscobar

• Shirt fetishist
  • Legacy Fan
  • See you at the Barricades babe.
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2009, 11:19:10 am »
Devo'd Mike lad.
Check me out y'all, Nasty Nas in your area, About to cause mass Hysteria.

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2009, 02:06:46 pm »

Its abar a fiver ere.

And then on the way wimpy in the fuckin motorway is abar 10 notes for a bag of chips.

You can tell from the taste of it why its so cheap - never again!!

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2009, 05:32:43 pm »
They did ya know lad, nice one. Dont know if I can manage West Brom with the stairs an shit but yeah I'll av a go.

You can give me your ticket if not ;)

Offline millsymate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2009, 08:47:41 pm »

that was the lanky bastard, not me with the crutches :)

but no, you wont hear the end of the pizza ;)

Offline millsymate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2009, 08:49:28 pm »
You can tell from the taste of it why its so cheap - never again!!

no, the pizza was fit. ;)

Offline little ted

• Main Stander
  • Some days i just can`t be arsed
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2009, 02:28:19 pm »
Me Young Lad Is Going With His Mate Who Are Both 17, Does Anybody Reckon There Will Be Any Trouble After What Happened Last Week With Milwall??
Concatenation of Confounding Contributions Contributed to this Calamitous Cacophony of Consternation.

The shit hit the fan