Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 538287 times)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #3080 on: January 23, 2022, 03:57:34 pm »
Clearly it shouldn’t have been a pen but I’m not complaining
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3081 on: January 23, 2022, 03:57:48 pm »
I think it's because the keeper doesn't go anywhere near the ball, just blams into Jota, harsh but a pen

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #3082 on: January 23, 2022, 03:57:57 pm »
i mean its a blatant penalty, he would easily have got to it if the keeper hadn't taken him out, Carragher must think hes as slow as him

Lol if that was given against us we’d be fuming. Jota runs away from the path of the ball into the keeper for the pen.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3083 on: January 23, 2022, 03:57:57 pm »
He's a top quality piss boiler, isn't he.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3084 on: January 23, 2022, 03:58:56 pm »
Never a pen, he moves away from the ball and towards the keeper, cheeky little fucker :lmao
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3085 on: January 23, 2022, 03:59:51 pm »
He's a top quality piss boiler, isn't he.

And he thrives off it as well.

'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3086 on: January 23, 2022, 04:02:07 pm »
Carragher full of nonsense again.  It doesn't matter where the ball is as long as its in play. It could be 50 yards away and it would still be a penalty.
Its not a legal to just tackle players like that. And no, it doesn’t matter that it was dumb.

Offline YJT

• Kopite
« Reply #3087 on: January 23, 2022, 04:02:10 pm »
Wasn't a penalty for me either but full marks to Jota for making the officials make a decision. I do think we're too nice and times and it's great to have a player who gets into those positions and asks questions of the officials.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3088 on: January 23, 2022, 04:08:41 pm »
It's ridiculous. One was stonewall the other was fairly soft. If it's clear and obvious they shouldn't need to spent 5 minutes looking at it. That's the problem with VAR, we had so many like that against us last season.

Today’s wasn’t even a pen for me. Spurs one was the clearest pen you’ll ever see. If that’s what VAR is doing it needs binning.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3089 on: January 23, 2022, 04:17:33 pm »
Carraghers comment that he wasn’t in control of the ball or words to effect is crazy. So you can’t give penalties when a player has their shirt pulled in the box at a corner either then?

Still think it’s a very soft penalty, I’d rather we got the one against Spurs.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3090 on: January 23, 2022, 04:19:26 pm »
I think it's because the keeper doesn't go anywhere near the ball, just blams into Jota, harsh but a pen
Nah, there's nothing the keeper should have done differently - came to close the angle and tried to pull back. Not a pen. How that was awarded by VAR, considering the VAR statistic with Liverpool, is beyond me. Clear and obvious...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3091 on: January 23, 2022, 07:59:20 pm »
Very cheeky but it is a pen. He's our cheeky bastard.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3092 on: January 23, 2022, 08:00:59 pm »
He has an "edge" like Suarez which I think is brilliant.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #3093 on: January 23, 2022, 08:11:25 pm »
Carraghers comment that he wasn’t in control of the ball or words to effect is crazy. So you can’t give penalties when a player has their shirt pulled in the box at a corner either then?

Still think it’s a very soft penalty, I’d rather we got the one against Spurs.
Yep. As I said a while back- it's easy to give the impression that it "evens out"- just reward us with a meaningless pen later in a game we've already won.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3094 on: January 23, 2022, 08:55:28 pm »
Fast becoming my favourite player in the team, his "shithousery" is beautiful to behold, like when he cups his ears to the oppositions fans or celebrates in front of them love him. He is the little guy who f he see's someone about to kick off at you he dives in with a headbutt out of no where! (RKO outta nowhere)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 08:57:35 pm by Lubeh »

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #3095 on: January 23, 2022, 08:58:04 pm »
Don't really like these kind of penalties, or the one where the keepers hand basically brushes strikers leg and they fall down in a heap but they are all given, so purely from a consistency perspective nothing wrong with this call.

Having gotten the call against Spurs would have been more meaningful.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3096 on: January 23, 2022, 09:01:06 pm »
Having gotten the call against Spurs would have been more meaningful.

Yeah, this gives all the "it all evens out over the season" meffs the chance to speak up. No it doesn't, this one likely didn't make a difference points wise, but the decisions we didn't get at Spurs most probably would have.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #3097 on: January 23, 2022, 09:12:05 pm »
Not a pen for me. Jota moves towards the keeper rather than the other way around. But I don't give a fuck because Jota was taken out in the box vs Spurs and got nothing.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 09:14:37 pm by spider-neil »

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3098 on: January 23, 2022, 09:35:17 pm »
Not a pen for me. Jota moves towards the keeper rather than the other way around. But I don't give a fuck because Jota was taken out in the box vs Spurs and got nothing.
The keeper would have cleaned him out regardless. Stonewall pen.

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3099 on: January 24, 2022, 03:09:08 am »
Not a penalty in my book but then again, the Spurs one was a stonewall penalty and we didn't get it so I couldn't care less. I also couldn't care less if the referees were just giving us decisions to make the title race more exciting - I will take what I can get.

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3100 on: January 24, 2022, 03:20:04 am »
Watching it back again I think he's tried to dink it over the keeper and his step towards the keeper is while he's admiring his finish. Then by the time he realises he's scuffed the shot, the keeper's took him out.

Still not a pen for me but I don't think he's initiated the contact with the keeper on purpose.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3101 on: January 24, 2022, 03:33:34 am »
Hmmm .   .    . I wonder

Was that penalty given because of the stick the referees/league took after the Spurs game?

"Of course we give penalties to Liverpool, too. You see. Here you go  .   .   ."

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3102 on: January 24, 2022, 04:07:54 am »
Nah, there's nothing the keeper should have done differently - came to close the angle and tried to pull back. Not a pen. How that was awarded by VAR, considering the VAR statistic with Liverpool, is beyond me. Clear and obvious...

How about the keeper not sliding towards Jota and not lifting his arm as the ball was already gone and then after the contact is done, making the silly action of withdrawing his arm? He tried to pull back after the contact was made. I played and paused on the replays several times. Guaita raised his arm high, when the ball was already bouncing low on the ground elsewhere and was sliding on two knees towards Jota. It was definitely a trip, causing Jota to fall.

He didn't come to close the angle, he came to make a challenge and get the ball, but the ball was gone and he got the man.

If that tackle was made by an outfielder outside the box, it would be called a mistimed challenge and agreed by everyone as a foul, doesn't matter where the ball was going or whether the attacker can reach it or not.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 04:24:28 am by PoetryInMotion »

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3103 on: January 24, 2022, 04:13:57 am »

Are some of you only seeing Jota? Is Guaita invisible to you? If you play the replays again, you can clearly see Guaita sliding on two knees towards Jota with raised arms. How is this not visible to so many people? Am I being showed a different video?

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3104 on: January 24, 2022, 04:44:15 am »
How about the keeper not sliding towards Jota and not lifting his arm as the ball was already gone and then after the contact is done, making the silly action of withdrawing his arm? He tried to pull back after the contact was made. I played and paused on the replays several times. Guaita raised his arm high, when the ball was already bouncing low on the ground elsewhere and was sliding on two knees towards Jota. It was definitely a trip, causing Jota to fall.

He didn't come to close the angle, he came to make a challenge and get the ball, but the ball was gone and he got the man.

If that tackle was made by an outfielder outside the box, it would be called a mistimed challenge and agreed by everyone as a foul, doesn't matter where the ball was going or whether the attacker can reach it or not.
That keeper would be Adrian, rooted to his line. Any good keeper would come up and make himself big.

How about Ali versus Burnley (was it?) when he made contact with the forward on the edge of the box, was that a penalty? Same situation. VAR reviewed, wasn't given. Rightfully so.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3105 on: January 24, 2022, 04:48:41 am »
Are some of you only seeing Jota? Is Guaita invisible to you? If you play the replays again, you can clearly see Guaita sliding on two knees towards Jota with raised arms. How is this not visible to so many people? Am I being showed a different video?
Mate, Guiata slid toward Jota and raised his hands to make himself big. Then tried to pull out of the challenge and his hands were moving down trying to pull away.

You are watching slow motion as if it's real speed, mate. The whole motion happened in a fraction of a second while the keeper was sliding. You try to do what you think the keeper should have done right from your perspective on wet grass and tell us how it goes.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3106 on: January 24, 2022, 06:24:09 am »

I know, it's incredible.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3107 on: January 24, 2022, 07:44:33 am »
That keeper would be Adrian, rooted to his line. Any good keeper would come up and make himself big.

How about Ali versus Burnley (was it?) when he made contact with the forward on the edge of the box, was that a penalty? Same situation. VAR reviewed, wasn't given. Rightfully so.

I don't know which Ali scenario you're referring to, but I'm guessing he got something of the ball?

If he got nothing of the ball, and got the man in the box, it should've been a penalty, no two ways about it.

Any good keeper can come out and make himself big, but not slide on his knees without control with his arms toward the opposition player, not the ball and then clatter into him like Guaita did.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3108 on: January 24, 2022, 08:01:06 am »
Mate, Guiata slid toward Jota and raised his hands to make himself big. Then tried to pull out of the challenge and his hands were moving down trying to pull away.

You are watching slow motion as if it's real speed, mate. The whole motion happened in a fraction of a second while the keeper was sliding. You try to do what you think the keeper should have done right from your perspective on wet grass and tell us how it goes.

I get what you're saying to an extent about slow motion and real speed, but that doesn't change the fact that Guaita slid towards Jota and not the ball. Also, yes, a GK can make himself big, even on a wet grass, by staying on his feet crouching down and arms up, I don't understand sliding towards the opposition player and going as close to the attacker as he did and then clattering into him. He was asking for trouble. If an outfielder slides outside the box, whether the grass is wet or not, missed the ball and got the man, wouldn't it be considered a mis-timed challenge and hence be called a foul?

People are saying we'd be complaining if that was given against us, I don't know about others, but I personally would've resigned to it that Alisson was asking for trouble if he went sliding like that onto an opposition attacker. And for the record, I think Alisson would've dealt with that better, I'm not a GKing coach or anything, so in my uninformed opinion, by just watching Alisson, he may have crouched down, but keeping himself big with arms up and closing down the angle, but not too close to the attacker and then try to nick the ball at the right time as he has done so many times when attackers tried to go around him. If the ball went past attacker, he'd have just jockeyed to see if the attacker can get to it and square to someone and if he had no options, he'd have let the defender deal with him.

Pulling away his hands means zilch, when he was out of control and his knees had already clattered into Jota and Jota was falling down. If I stick my leg out and trip someone and pull my hands back, would I be let go, without a foul?

I certainly don't buy into this, 'oh poor Guaita, he had no other option, he had to slide and take out Jota!'
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 08:08:34 am by PoetryInMotion »

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3109 on: January 24, 2022, 08:03:50 am »
Funny that there are no media complaints about our second goal. Much more dubious than the penalty IMO

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3110 on: January 24, 2022, 09:50:32 am »

Definitely is something the keeper should have done differently.

Not sliding on his knees towards Jota would be a start.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3111 on: January 24, 2022, 09:54:03 am »

Also... Let's go with your theory that the keeper tried to pull out, and he slid on wet grass so couldn't stop himself.

So what? Both points are completely irrelevant.

The first thing you said is the problem - 'Guiata slid toward Jota'.

Here's an idea, don't slide towards an opponent like that.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3112 on: January 24, 2022, 10:22:43 am »
I'm surprised there's so much controversy - it's soft, but Jota may have been able to scramble to the loose ball without the contact, which is the crux of the decision. The prevaricating is all around Jota's movement - his eyes don't seem to go to Guaita but he does make a small movement towards him - offset by Guaita sliding out at high speed and hitting him.

I didn't catch the game yesterday due to family commitments, but as soon as I saw the highlights I did wonder why it was the headline for the game on news outlets. It's one of those, could have gone either way but I do think there's enough there for a penalty. It was stupid of Guaita to take that risk in that manner given Jota had miscontrolled and was at a poor angle.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline cress

• Main Stander
« Reply #3113 on: January 24, 2022, 12:24:03 pm »
Looked to me like Jota was trying to flick the ball to the right to take out the defenders but missed the ball and his body goes right and then the keeper takes him out. Soft penalty, but it's still a foul in the box and therefore a penalty.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3115 on: January 25, 2022, 05:20:32 pm »
Goalscoring remains as highly prized as ever and the top forwards in the country will know there’s more competition than ever to win one of the most coveted personal accolades in the Premier League in 2021/22: the Golden Boot.

As if the presence of regular scorers Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Mohamed Salah and Bruno Fernandes wasn’t enough, they have been joined this term by Chelsea’s £97m signing Romelu Lukaku and perhaps this generation’s most relentless goalscorer of all, Cristiano Ronaldo, who is back at Manchester United.

Elsewhere, Danny Ings has swapped Southampton for Aston Villa, while Patrick Bamford and Dominic Calvert-Lewin will join him in being among those aiming to be the highest English goalscorer for the campaign - and prove their worth as alternatives to Kane in the national team set-up under Gareth Southgate.

1. Mohamed Salah, Liverpool - 16 goals
2. Diogo Jota, Liverpool - 10
3. Jamie Vardy, Leicester - 9

Everyone and their dog is mentioned in the Indie article, but not the second placed Jota.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3116 on: February 6, 2022, 01:11:12 pm »
Fantastic how good he is in the air for his height. Wonderful player

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #3117 on: February 6, 2022, 01:58:44 pm »
Absolutely lethal with his head. Could've had a hat trick. What a guy.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3118 on: February 6, 2022, 02:07:35 pm »
Fantastic how good he is in the air for his height. Wonderful player
Unbelievable really.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3119 on: February 6, 2022, 02:15:46 pm »
He's our plan B. Lump it up to big Diogo.