Author Topic: What mobile phone?  (Read 868020 times)

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: What mobile phone?
« Reply #7520 on: June 1, 2018, 11:21:04 am »
In the last month of my contract with EE and the deals they are offering me are a joke with those with the power at there disconnections department.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7521 on: June 1, 2018, 12:31:24 pm »
I personally prefer older flagships over current midrangers as they tend to have better displays, storage, radios/antennas and most importantly, better SOCs.

Check out the LG G6, its going for great prices now that the G7 has been released.  Great phone with a fast processor, quality storage, great camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS).  LG products are quality, you can notice how good their displays are. The V20 is an even cheaper option with similar features.

Nice one for that heads up on the LG G6 I’m going to invest in one  :thumbup

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7522 on: June 1, 2018, 04:52:32 pm »
Given how much other people moan about Three, they've been very good with retentions for me. I'm only paying about £15 for unlimited everything now (sim only).

Decent that but EE are a bad joke I seen a deal I like with Vodafone for £30pm and the closest they could match that £30 deal was £48 with there rentention department so it’s bye bye EE  :wave

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7523 on: June 1, 2018, 06:33:55 pm »
got the nokia 7 plus for 320 euro, sim free vodafone. its great value phone.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7524 on: June 2, 2018, 12:28:49 am »
Dumb question here. Taking out contracts with companies like carphone warehouse or mobiles. Co.uk - does the direct debit go to the network or the intermediate company? When it comes to renewal presumably this is dealt with by CPW. Can you go through the same haggling process as with the networks directly or are upgrade contracts rigidly set?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7525 on: June 2, 2018, 09:20:18 am »
Dumb question here. Taking out contracts with companies like carphone warehouse or mobiles. Co.uk - does the direct debit go to the network or the intermediate company? When it comes to renewal presumably this is dealt with by CPW. Can you go through the same haggling process as with the networks directly or are upgrade contracts rigidly set?

I bought a phone from buymobiles.net on three, all my direct debits go to three. I can't tell you about renewals as my contract isn't up till 2019.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7526 on: June 2, 2018, 10:20:16 am »
I hear you mate. Baffles me when companies do this - I know they can't give stuff away, but when they know that customers will flat out leave if they don't offer anything good it's mad.

It baffles me too mate

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7527 on: June 2, 2018, 10:24:12 am »
I personally prefer older flagships over current midrangers as they tend to have better displays, storage, radios/antennas and most importantly, better SOCs.

Check out the LG G6, its going for great prices now that the G7 has been released.  Great phone with a fast processor, quality storage, great camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS).  LG products are quality, you can notice how good their displays are. The V20 is an even cheaper option with similar features.

Just got a platinum LG G6 for £294 and sold my old phone for £80, and got a cracking 12 month sim only contract so happy fkn days

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #7528 on: June 2, 2018, 06:59:16 pm »
Just got a platinum LG G6 for £294 and sold my old phone for £80, and got a cracking 12 month sim only contract so happy fkn days

Good decision!  Liking the phone?

The sound through a decent pair of headphones is amazing due to the quad dac chip in it.  Great phone for an audiophile...

Phuk yoo

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7529 on: June 2, 2018, 08:19:21 pm »
Good decision!  Liking the phone?

The sound through a decent pair of headphones is amazing due to the quad dac chip in it.  Great phone for an audiophile...

Couldn’t get next day delivery so don’t get it until Monday so will let you know what I think of it when I get it mate

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7530 on: June 2, 2018, 09:53:48 pm »
Decent that but EE are a bad joke I seen a deal I like with Vodafone for £30pm and the closest they could match that £30 deal was £48 with there rentention department so it’s bye bye EE  :wave

The simple answer is that they don't make much of a profit from people who compare deals and make rational decisions. They make money from the sheep who pay the stupid prices and continue doing so for years. They make their profit from the people who are too lazy to compare deals and then make impulse purchases of hyped handsets.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #7531 on: June 4, 2018, 12:38:55 pm »

got the nokia 7 plus for 320 euro, sim free vodafone. its great value phone.
I'll soon have to upgrade my current mobile and I've been looking at these two as plausible options. Basically what I want is a mobile that has a good battery and that takes good photos.

Battery-wise, according to the specs, the Nokia has a bigger one (3800 mAh v 3300 mAh), but I've read the size of the battery isn't the only thing to consider when it comes to the actual battery life (I'm not too savvy when it comes to these details though ;D), so does anyone know if it really is that much of a difference between these two? I might add I'm not one to play many games on the phone.

And regarding photos, has anyone tried taking photos with both? I can't seem to find a specific photo v photo comparison between the both.

Generally both of these are quite similar and the prices as well, so which one could be more worth it? Are there any other mobiles I should consider in the same price range?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #7532 on: June 5, 2018, 10:06:47 am »
Lets do it feature by feature.

Display
LG G6 - LG G6 has a great QHD quantum LCD display @1440 x 2880 pixels with high colour accuracy and fidelity.  Brightness and contrast are great too.  Top quality panel made by LG themselves.

Nokia 7 - The 7 plus also has an LCD IPS display but at a lower 1080 x 2160 pixels pixels. This is also a good panel, but as the numbers indicate, it offers lower pixel density compared to the 2K panel on the G6.  However, you will be hard pressed to tell the difference in day to day use unless you do a lot of high resolution photography/video or use VR apps often. 

Storage
The G6 has a faster UFS 2.0 storage, which is fast compared to a basic emmc type storage found in most mid range phones. The type of storage impacts day to day usability with faster storage like UFS feeling ever so slightly faster in opening apps or editing videos/clips.  Copying to and from the storage will also be faster compared to the emmc type.

Nokia 7 -  Has a standard emmc 5 storage which is what you get in most phones under 300 gbp. It is still a good storage, but falls behind the UFS storage on the G6. Day to day usability will be absolutely fine unless using disk intensive apps.

Performance

LG G6 - The processor used is a Snapdragon 821, a high end unit used in premium phones launched in late 2016/2017. It is very fast and capable of tackling any app or game out there.  The GPU is the powerful Adreno 530 which is great for gaming and heavy editing. 

Nokia 7 plus - This uses a newer but lower range Snapdragon 660 processor, with an Adreno 512 gpu.  Although not flagship class, this is still a very good processor and matches anything out there apart from the 800 series processors.  Performance will not be an issue and you mostly will not notice the difference unless you are gaming or doing processor intensive tasks such as video editing. The phone flies due to the use of stock android.

Battery
LG g6 - the G6 has a lower battery capacity with a more powerful processor, which means battery life will be about average. The Snapdragon 821 in the G6 is also more power hungry due to a bigger GPU and memory.  The high resolution display contributes to higher power draw when the display is on.   Having said that, unless you are a heavy gamer or photographer, you should be able to go 1.5 days without a charge with reasonable usage.

Nokia 7 -  This has a bigger battery, a more battery efficient processor and a lower resolution display, resulting in seriously good battery life. It has one of the best battery longevity in its segment and you will not be rushing to charge at least for a couple of days with normal usage. If battery is a priority for you, the Nokia 7 plus is a better choice.  Th

Camera
LG g6 - The G6 has a better camera due to a larger aperture camera, optical image stabilization and a better sensor. It takes very good pictures in standard lighting and does the job in lower lighting.  The OIS helps in countering shaky hands in stills and videos.  You have a host of manual settings as well with the ability to save images as RAW files for editing.  The secondary rear camera is a wide angle lens which you can use to take photos with much wider fovs. Overall it is a capable performer with two good rear cameras.  The Selfie cam is just about OK if you are a lover of selfies.

The Nokia 7 plus has a good camera as well but does not offer OIS. The aperture is 1.7 for the rear cam, the same as the G6.  The secondary camera offers 2X optical zoom which allows you to take pictures at longer distances without fidelity loss.  This is different to the G6 which has a wide angle secondary camera.  Pictures are good, but not as good as the G6 due to lack of OIS.  Similar to the G6, you can switch to a manual mode for more control over iso, exposure, metering etc etc. 
The 7 plus has a much better selfie camera, if you are so inclined.

Software

LG G6 - This has LG's take on Android, which is pretty good in my opinion. Its one of the more user friendly UIs out there and not radically customized like Huawei or Xiaomi phones.  The additions made by LG are mostly useful and add utility rather than bloatware. This also got the Oreo update so all good there.

Nokia 7 plus - One of its bigger selling points is the fact it comes with pure android oreo with very little bloat or unnecessary duplication of apps. Its smooth as butter and is guaranteed to get updates for at least a couple of years as it is a part of the Android One programme.  The fast processor plus stock android makes for a smooth user experience.

Waterproofing
LG G6 - This is IP68 waterproof, which means it can withstand FULL immersion under water for half an hour, upto a couple of meters. Which means you can shower with it or even hit the pool, not to mention the fact that accidental splashes will not damage it at all.  Imo this is a big plus in its favour.

Nokia 7 plus - Unfortunately is not waterproof.  Build quality is otherwise fantastic. Good looking phone.

Lets summarise. 

If you want a good camera, fast processor,  stable software and high end display and water resistance, go for the G6.  It also has great audio output and looks smashing.

If you value battery life, smooth UI, large screen, decent camera and an efficient processor with stock android software with guaranteed updates for the next couple of years, I recommend the Nokia 7 plus.

Both are very good phones and will serve your needs.  You can take a call on the basis of what you prioritise more.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2018, 09:21:42 am by 21stCenturySchizoidMan »
Phuk yoo

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7533 on: June 5, 2018, 11:20:38 am »
Think you've made me want to get the g6 there!

Anybody used fonehouse or affordable mobiles before? They have some brilliant deals at the moment but not sure what they are like? Out of contract with EE next month and don't wanna go iPhone again. Budget is £30 a month (don't wanna pay anything up front) and can only find the G6 with the previously mentioned 3rd party companies at that price.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7534 on: June 5, 2018, 11:47:20 am »
Think you've made me want to get the g6 there!

Anybody used fonehouse or affordable mobiles before? They have some brilliant deals at the moment but not sure what they are like? Out of contract with EE next month and don't wanna go iPhone again. Budget is £30 a month (don't wanna pay anything up front) and can only find the G6 with the previously mentioned 3rd party companies at that price.

My contract with EE finished this month and the deals they offered me in their retention department was woeful, so I sold my iPhone for £80 and I bought a LG G6 for £294 sim free from Ao.com with there price match policy and got a sim only deal with 10Gb 500 mins and unlimited texts for £10 per month.

It will be worth it in the long run buying the phone and getting a good sim only deal but if you can’t afford to throw a few quid upfront I hope you get a better deal of the bastards at EE was offering me

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7535 on: June 5, 2018, 11:49:48 am »

Display
LG G6 - LG G6 has a great QHD quantum LCD display @1440 x 2880 pixels with high colour accuracy and fidelity.  Brightness and contrast are great too.  Top quality panel made by LG themselves.

Nokia 7 - The 7 plus also has an LCD IPS display but at a lower 1440 x 2880 pixels. This is also a good panel, but as the numbers indicate, it offers lower pixel density compared to the 2K panel on the G6.  However, you will be hard pressed to tell the difference in day to day use unless you do a lot of high resolution photography/video or use VR apps often. 

Storage
The G6 has a faster UFS 2.0 storage, which is fast compared to a basic emmc type storage found in most mid range phones. The type of storage impacts day to day usability with faster storage like UFS feeling ever so slightly faster in opening apps or editing videos/clips.  Copying to and from the storage will also be faster compared to the emmc type.

Nokia 7 -  Has a standard emmc 5 storage which is what you get in most phones under 300 gbp. It is still a good storage, but falls behind the UFS storage on the G6. Day to day usability will be absolutely fine unless using disk intensive apps.

Performance

LG G6 - The processor used is a Snapdragon 821, a high end unit used in premium phones launched in late 2016/2017. It is very fast and capable of tackling any app or game out there.  The GPU is the powerful Adreno 530 which is great for gaming and heavy editing. 

Nokia 7 plus - This uses a newer but lower range Snapdragon 660 processor, with an Adreno 512 gpu.  Although not flagship class, this is still a very good processor and matches anything out there apart from the 800 series processors.  Performance will not be an issue and you mostly will not notice the difference unless you are gaming or doing processor intensive tasks such as video editing. The phone flies due to the use of stock android.

Battery
LG g6 - the G6 has a lower battery capacity with a more powerful processor, which means battery life will be about average. The Snapdragon 821 in the G6 is also more power hungry due to a bigger GPU and memory.  The high resolution display contributes to higher power draw when the display is on.   Having said that, unless you are a heavy gamer or photographer, you should be able to go 1.5 days without a charge with reasonable usage.

Nokia 7 -  This has a bigger battery, a more battery efficient processor and a lower resolution display, resulting in seriously good battery life. It has one of the best battery longevity in its segment and you will not be rushing to charge at least for a couple of days with normal usage. If battery is a priority for you, the Nokia 7 plus is a better choice.  Th

Camera
LG g6 - The G6 has a better camera due to a larger aperture camera, optical image stabilization and a better sensor. It takes very good pictures in standard lighting and does the job in lower lighting.  The OIS helps in countering shaky hands in stills and videos.  You have a host of manual settings as well with the ability to save images as RAW files for editing.  The secondary rear camera is a wide angle lens which you can use to take photos with much wider fovs. Overall it is a capable performer with two good rear cameras.  The Selfie cam is just about OK if you are a lover of selfies.

The Nokia 7 plus has a good camera as well but does not offer OIS. The aperture is 1.7 for the rear cam, the same as the G6.  The secondary camera offers 2X optical zoom which allows you to take pictures at longer distances without fidelity loss.  This is different to the G6 which has a wide angle secondary camera.  Pictures are good, but not as good as the G6 due to lack of OIS.  Similar to the G6, you can switch to a manual mode for more control over iso, exposure, metering etc etc. 
The 7 plus has a much better selfie camera, if you are so inclined.

Software

LG G6 - This has LG's take on Android, which is pretty good in my opinion. Its one of the more user friendly UIs out there and not radically customized like Huawei or Xiaomi phones.  The additions made by LG are mostly useful and add utility rather than bloatware. This also got the Oreo update so all good there.

Nokia 7 plus - One of its bigger selling points is the fact it comes with pure android oreo with very little bloat or unnecessary duplication of apps. Its smooth as butter and is guaranteed to get updates for at least a couple of years as it is a part of the Android One programme.  The fast processor plus stock android makes for a smooth user experience.

Waterproofing
LG G6 - This is IP68 waterproof, which means it can withstand FULL immersion under water for half an hour, upto a couple of meters. Which means you can shower with it or even hit the pool, not to mention the fact that accidental splashes will not damage it at all.  Imo this is a big plus in its favour.

Nokia 7 plus - Unfortunately is not waterproof.  Build quality is otherwise fantastic. Good looking phone.

Lets summarise. 

If you want a good camera, fast processor,  stable software and high end display and water resistance, go for the G6.  It also has great audio output and looks smashing.

If you value battery life, smooth UI, large screen, decent camera and an efficient processor with stock android software with guaranteed updates for the next couple of years, I recommend the Nokia 7 plus.

Both are very good phones and will serve your needs.  You can take a call on the basis of what you prioritise more.

Thanks for the heads up on the LG G6 earlier in the thread it’s a brilliant phone and I have saved a few quid  :thumbup

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #7536 on: June 5, 2018, 11:50:58 am »
The G6 is a steal at current prices to be honest, nothing comes close to it in terms of value for money.  The phone beats pretty much all phones in performance, display and camera in its price range comfortably. Plus you get the added benefit of a 'brand' with retail presence.

Phuk yoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #7537 on: June 5, 2018, 11:54:14 am »
Thanks for the heads up on the LG G6 earlier in the thread it’s a brilliant phone and I have saved a few quid  :thumbup

Cheers mate, good to know you are enjoying your new phone! Its a classy looking phone as well, especially the platinum version.   :thumbup
Phuk yoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #7538 on: June 5, 2018, 11:56:46 am »
Huawei Mate 10 Pro via Buymobiles - £32 p/m with 12gb data and unlimted calls/texts

https://www.buymobiles.net/huawei/mate-10-pro-grey

Absolute beast of a phone, supreme camera unit, massive battery, massive storage and universally well reviewed:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/huawei-mate-10-pro-camera-battery-conclusion

I'd go for that in a heartbeat at that price.

Doesnt have a headphone jack unfortunately, which is a deal breaker for me.

Very good phone otherwise. Not a fan of Huawei's take on android though. Its too Ios like for my liking! :D
Phuk yoo

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7539 on: June 5, 2018, 12:17:47 pm »
Cheers mate, good to know you are enjoying your new phone! Its a classy looking phone as well, especially the platinum version.   :thumbup

Yeah I got the platinum version  :thumbup

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #7540 on: June 6, 2018, 08:44:39 am »

Wow, I wish there could be more comparisons like this that actually explains what the specs means! Many thanks!

That's food for thought though - I was perhaps more inclined towards the Nokia, but now I'm not too sure any more ;D I think I'll drop by a phone shop and get the feeling of both before deciding.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2018, 08:48:36 am by MikaelLFC »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #7541 on: June 6, 2018, 11:13:38 am »
Happy to be of assistance..! ;D
Phuk yoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #7542 on: June 6, 2018, 12:00:44 pm »
I agree, but unfortunately only high end phones seem to have them.  Makes a massive difference in dim conditions and dealing with shaky hands.  Fast shutter speed and electronic stabilization can compensate to a degree but cannot match dedicated OIS hardware.

« Last Edit: June 6, 2018, 01:08:57 pm by 21stCenturySchizoidMan »
Phuk yoo

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #7543 on: June 6, 2018, 01:05:36 pm »
Well that speaks for the LG G6 then as well - I can't say I have tried a phone with dedicated OIS hardware, so perhaps it's time I do now!

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #7544 on: June 6, 2018, 05:52:21 pm »
One last thing ;D Looking around it seems the price for the Google Pixel XL has come down as well. Could it be worth getting the Google Pixel XL (359 €) instead of the LG G6 (319 €)?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #7545 on: June 7, 2018, 07:23:25 am »
Not much between the two but i prefer the LG because of the waterproofing, audio fidelity and quality along with an OIS equipped camera module.

However, the Pixel also has a fantastic camera for a non OIS module, with a massive sensor size. Even though it does not have OIS, it takes high quality pictures in the right conditions, close to photos taken from a decent point and shoot camera.  The Pixel actually takes better pictures than the G6 in well lit conditions...

The G6 has a marginally faster Snadragon 821, a better display, audio quality and waterproofing. Battery life is about the same and same with the storage.

Both are good phones with differing strengths...
Phuk yoo

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #7546 on: June 7, 2018, 09:10:11 am »
Yeah I saw there isn't much between the two - given they are so similar perhaps it's worth getting the LG G6! (I'm also sort of sold on the Platinum version ;D).

I'm currently on a mobile that isn't really the best (display: capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio, ~294 ppi density; platform: Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 , Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53, Adreno 505; memory: 16 GB, 2 GB RAM; etc.) so anything and everything will feel like a rocket on steroids I reckon ;D

By the way, I was also looking to try on some VR - have you tried it with the LG G6?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #7547 on: June 7, 2018, 11:06:32 am »
Either phone would be a significant upgrade for you in every way. An 820/821 is in another league to the 430.... 

Nope, I havent used it for VR. Dont do much VR  anyway because of motion sickness issues. Although, you would think it should work great for VR given the 2K screen resolution and powerful soc.
Phuk yoo

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #7548 on: June 7, 2018, 11:42:08 am »
I don't do any VR either, which is why I'm curious to at least try it - any of these phones we've been talking about should do much better than the current one I have anyway.

Thanks again for the input, it's been very useful!

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #7549 on: June 8, 2018, 08:45:42 pm »
Me bird busted the screen on her Moto G5 Plus, still works but obviously now cryin for a new phone. So wants a sim free, decent camera but not arsed abar games an shit, Moto G6 Plus out now for £259 but looking on here Xiaomi look like they have some decent kit an the LG G6 looks a good option so what’s the general verdict from the experts?

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7550 on: June 9, 2018, 10:46:37 am »
Me bird busted the screen on her Moto G5 Plus, still works but obviously now cryin for a new phone. So wants a sim free, decent camera but not arsed abar games an shit, Moto G6 Plus out now for £259 but looking on here Xiaomi look like they have some decent kit an the LG G6 looks a good option so what’s the general verdict from the experts?

I got the LG G6 on Monday and it's quality, you will get it for £290 at ao.com if you price match it against wowcamera.com, had a go of my mates galaxy S8 the other day and the LG build quality and looks are far better https://youtu.be/CAZ0aH-hiUU

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #7551 on: June 9, 2018, 04:41:28 pm »
I got the LG G6 on Monday and it's quality, you will get it for £290 at ao.com if you price match it against wowcamera.com, had a go of my mates galaxy S8 the other day and the LG build quality and looks are far better https://youtu.be/CAZ0aH-hiUU

Nice one, good comparison video and defo seems to be some phone for the spec and price at the minute don’t it? Had a go at the price match with AOL but they wouldn’t do it against wowcamera as they sell EU stock versions (had a check on the website and to be fair to wowcamera they do make it clear) and AOL will only price match UK versions like for like unfortunately.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7552 on: June 9, 2018, 04:57:05 pm »

£275 at eglobal for the black one or if you're not arsed about the colour because you will use a case you can get the blue on for £264.49 using this code JBSK65  (£6.50 discount)

Blue  https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-blue.html?tduid=30f7956d0d029c3490752d4956952191#

Black https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

Just tested and the code also works with the black one,if you use the free shipping the black one comes in at £269.49,with insured shipping it comes in at £277.77  (shipping is  £8.28),blue comes in at  £274.68 (insured shipping).

Not sure why you would want the insured shipping because if it turns up damaged you're covered anyway & the delivery time (6-8 days) is the same no matter which option you choose,plus you can pay with paypal so that gives you an extra level of protection.

Both come with 30 days return and 2yrs warranty
« Last Edit: June 9, 2018, 05:07:26 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7553 on: June 10, 2018, 08:23:24 am »
Nice one, good comparison video and defo seems to be some phone for the spec and price at the minute don’t it? Had a go at the price match with AOL but they wouldn’t do it against wowcamera as they sell EU stock versions (had a check on the website and to be fair to wowcamera they do make it clear) and AOL will only price match UK versions like for like unfortunately.
  I must of got lucky or the person I spoke to was on their first day at ao.com and price matched it

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7554 on: June 10, 2018, 08:28:02 am »
£275 at eglobal for the black one or if you're not arsed about the colour because you will use a case you can get the blue on for £264.49 using this code JBSK65  (£6.50 discount)

Blue  https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-blue.html?tduid=30f7956d0d029c3490752d4956952191#

Black https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

Just tested and the code also works with the black one,if you use the free shipping the black one comes in at £269.49,with insured shipping it comes in at £277.77  (shipping is  £8.28),blue comes in at  £274.68 (insured shipping).

Not sure why you would want the insured shipping because if it turns up damaged you're covered anyway & the delivery time (6-8 days) is the same no matter which option you choose,plus you can pay with paypal so that gives you an extra level of protection.

Both come with 30 days return and 2yrs warranty
  I never seen those on Google when I was searching, decent finds

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #7555 on: June 10, 2018, 09:29:50 am »
  I must of got lucky or the person I spoke to was on their first day at ao.com and price matched it

Think so, lad I spoke to put me on hold to go and check and said they had been made aware that they weren’t supplying UK stock so looks like you touched lucky and got a boss deal. Best new UK version price I can find so far is £312 direct from Amazon UK, a bit more than the new Moto 6 Plus but does look a belter of a phone for the spec and price so probably worth it based on the feedback from you and the rest of the guys on her?

Offline huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #7556 on: June 10, 2018, 09:38:37 am »
Eglobal are an awful company. They have a terrible reputation and a dreadful Trust Pilot score. Better to spend an extra tenner and buy from a proper company where your money and purchase are protected.

Defo great prices and the LG G6 are also 64GB so a great shout by WherAngelsPlay but are Korean stock, manufacturer warranty is invalid so is supplied direct via eglobal (which again to be fair they are pretty clear about) but your right they do seem to have a terrible rep and feedback especially if something goes wrong so suppose depends how brave you are?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 09:44:28 am by huytonbad »

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7557 on: June 10, 2018, 01:19:05 pm »
Think so, lad I spoke to put me on hold to go and check and said they had been made aware that they weren’t supplying UK stock so looks like you touched lucky and got a boss deal. Best new UK version price I can find so far is £312 direct from Amazon UK, a bit more than the new Moto 6 Plus but does look a belter of a phone for the spec and price so probably worth it based on the feedback from you and the rest of the guys on her?
it's a boss phone mate I'm made up with it, hope you find a good deal

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7558 on: June 10, 2018, 04:33:31 pm »
Eglobal are an awful company. They have a terrible reputation and a dreadful Trust Pilot score. Better to spend an extra tenner and buy from a proper company where your money and purchase are protected.

Not used them myself so cannot really comment,don't really pay any attention to trust pilot as they get a lot of fake reviews,just had a quick read on uklhotdeals (is where I found it Arthur) and a couple of people who have used them are also telling people to be careful.

As for money ad purchase being protected,they are if you buy through paypal.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7559 on: June 10, 2018, 04:58:10 pm »
It's a always a decent starting point for consumer electronics I find. If a company is poor on there then I'm immediately cautious. I don't think Eglobal deals are even allowed any more on HUKD.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/eglobalcentral.co.uk

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-blue-26649-with-code-eglobal-central-2952833

Same with everything some people are saying that they've had good experiences with them and others not so good.