539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1448769 times)

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Re: Brexit - Pealrlimunt to be prorogued as the pro-rogues try to wreck the UK
« Reply #28200 on: September 11, 2019, 07:28:29 pm »
It was obvious when they made the decision they fucked themselves. The infamous chummy rose garden press conference was the icing on the cake.

Had Labour not fucked up the leadership election and elected Dave over Ed, they'd have pissed it in 2015

In retrospect LDs should have done in 2010 what they will likely do after the next GE, offer support on specific votes rather than going into coalition with anyone.

Realistically Brexit makes it impossible for them to do anything meaningful with the a Johnson led Tory party and the likely radical Labour economic manifesto is going to make it impossible for them to do  anything meaningful with a Corbyn led Labour party

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28201 on: September 11, 2019, 07:29:46 pm »
It was obvious when they made the decision they fucked themselves. The infamous chummy rose garden press conference was the icing on the cake.

Had Labour not fucked up the leadership election and elected Dave over Ed, they'd have pissed it in 2015

I voted for Ed as well in the leadership election, now that is a mistake I am pretty embarrassed about!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #28202 on: September 11, 2019, 07:30:29 pm »
So they didn't have the numbers to create a coalition with Labour but they shouldn't have formed one with the Conservatives? What other options were there?

Or, if the Labour party had made the right Miliband their leader then it is unlikely Cameron would have been in power to have the referendum.

The biggest impact Clegg had was on the Lib Dems. They should have made it clearer to the voters what they achieved when in government - watering down the Tories' more extreme policies etc - and not taken all the shit that the Conservatives threw at them.
They could have just let the Tories rule as a minority, voted against Tuition fees and Austerity measures and there would likely have been another election in the Autumn.

What was clear at the time was there was no great evidence of the public wanting the Tories to be elected as they failed to win a majority against all the odds.

What happened in 2015 was the Lib Dem vote totally collapsed and before where they'd win seats from the Tories due to tactical voting, this time voters reverted to type and supported Labour or even Green.

I agree 100% about the Labour leadership election and said so in a later post.

The 2010 election, the Labour leadership election after Gordon Brown resigned and Brexit were all a consequence of Nick Clegg
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #28203 on: September 11, 2019, 07:31:16 pm »
Excellent. Some boss stuff on this thread at the mo...
Savaged to death by the corgis?

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28204 on: September 11, 2019, 07:33:11 pm »
They could have just let the Tories rule as a minority, voted against Tuition fees and Austerity measures and there would likely have been another election in the Autumn.

What was clear at the time was there was no great evidence of the public wanting the Tories to be elected as they failed to win a majority against all the odds.

What happened in 2015 was the Lib Dem vote totally collapsed and before where they'd win seats from the Tories due to tactical voting, this time voters reverted to type and supported Labour or even Green.

I agree 100% about the Labour leadership election and said so in a later post.

The 2010 election, the Labour leadership election after Gordon Brown resigned and Brexit were all a consequence of Nick Clegg

I think the LDs fear (probably justified) was that they would be accused of being a wasted vote in that situation, if they were incapable of getting a majority and also unwilling to work with other parties (an issue they may well have again after the next GE). So would get hammered in the following GE

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28205 on: September 11, 2019, 07:33:13 pm »
At the end of the day, for most of England at least, there are only three realistic options: Tory; Labour; LibDems. Take your pick. Not voting is not an option. Them is your choices.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #28206 on: September 11, 2019, 07:33:18 pm »
I voted for Ed as well in the leadership election, now that is a mistake I am pretty embarrassed about!
David all the way for me and he'd have won it too had it not been for the Union block vote. Ed's reforms of that vote and the £3 supporter option being able to vote then made Corbyn the leader!

Fuck me how did Labour mess this all up so much

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #28207 on: September 11, 2019, 07:35:50 pm »
I'm no longer sure that I want a second referendum - every day I realise that the public in this country are thick as pig shit. They have no idea of reality and just want to blame the EU for everything. I'd rather the MP's just said fuck off we aren't doing it, I would not trust the general public to go get my tea from the chinese, never mind decide the future of my kids.

It'll be like the Truman Show, cancel Brexit, execute Frottage and Johnson and the thick c*nts will just forget all about it.

All in favour of the above.

Just throw it in the fucking bin.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #28208 on: September 11, 2019, 07:36:03 pm »
I think the LDs fear (probably justified) was that they would be accused of being a wasted vote in that situation, if they were incapable of getting a majority and also unwilling to work with other parties (an issue they may well have again after the next GE). So would get hammered in the following GE
So they chose to not just prop up a Tory government but to form an active part of one and led to policies that even Thatcher would have thought too harsh.

Austerity was not a necessary choice it was an ideological one and the Lib Dems, Charlie Kennedy aside, played an active part in that whole sorry mess and we are where we are today as a consequence of that action

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28209 on: September 11, 2019, 07:41:20 pm »
I think the Scottish courts’ decision is another gift to Cummings. He and Johnson are being seen as ‘losing’ time after time, which is apparently humiliating.

Except it all plays into their narrative and strategy: ‘The will of the people’; “We voted leave”, ‘Democracy isn’t being served’, and so on. A butcher interviewed in his shop in Leeds summed up what I strongly suspect is a widely held view, “I normally vote Labour but this time I’ll either vote Nigel Frottage or Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson or whoever wants to get us out of Europe, because Watson and Jeremy Corbyn are just useless, they do not believe in democracy and the will of the people”.

Enough to make you weep, but that level of entrenched thinking is echoed whenever Vox Pops is used. And it’s depressing to consider that it’s either very prevalent, or the BBC are complicit in unbalanced reporting.

Then there’s McCluskey at the TUC conference telling the BBC reporter how marginalised and delusional Tom Watson has become, for having the temerity to hold a point of view suggesting the shortfall in support for Labour in every poll, could be closed if Labour had a clear Remain policy. McCluskey makes me angrier than virtually anyone else on the hard left; he’s a thoroughly despicable man.
A few weeks back McCluskey said "Theres a well funded remain Lobby in this country who have turned the Brexit issue toxic"
Get you head around that, it wasn't people like Frottage with his breaking point posters which resulted in a far right nutter murdering a Labour MP, it was the fault of remain campaigners.
I think his argument was the lowest of the low attack on remain. even Frottage wouldn't have come up with something so perverted.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 07:44:15 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28210 on: September 11, 2019, 07:42:35 pm »
To think that the Italian parliament was once the laughing stock of Europe

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28211 on: September 11, 2019, 07:51:27 pm »
I was always pissed off with Clegg's angry reaction post 2015 when he complained people were judging the results with the benefit of hindsight.  When everybody with a fucking brain could have predicted what was going to happen to the LD's after jumping into the bed with the Tories.

No focus groups, no professional pollsters; no analysis.  We just fucking knew he'd set up his party to be utterly destroyed.  Either Clegg was an idiot and completely out of touch with the average voter to not to see it coming, or he was just lying through his teeth because he couldn't publicly acknowledge how he had shafted his own party.

The only reason they have any prospect of comeback is because of the incompetence of the two main parties.  And I only hate myself a little bit for actually being relieved.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #28213 on: September 11, 2019, 07:52:45 pm »
Yellowhammer has dropped

EDIT:- They've changed that. No way was it called

WORST CASE PLANNING ASSUMPTIONS in August

Wonder what redacted point 15 is (edit 2 - apparently it was about oil refineries
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 07:56:52 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28214 on: September 11, 2019, 07:53:06 pm »
All these vox pops are just for a 'balanced' debate. If there were another referendum then I'm pretty sure Remain would win. This is why the Brexiteers are so against mentioning a 2nd referendum. No one could believe they won in the first place.

I'm basing it on leavers I come across though, people like my cousin and all his stupid mates, thick c*nts like my Dad and the 11 or 12 HGV drivers I was on an EU invented pointless and expensive Driver CPC course with last weekend, plus every other lorry driver I come across. Too many people, such as Class 1 drivers saw foreign workers have a negative impact on their wages, then add in the £500 we have to pay to keep our CPC cards to allow us to continue to drive and their is a very blinkered view on the EU.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28215 on: September 11, 2019, 07:54:33 pm »
I'm no longer sure that I want a second referendum - every day I realise that the public in this country are thick as pig shit. They have no idea of reality and just want to blame the EU for everything. I'd rather the MP's just said fuck off we aren't doing it, I would not trust the general public to go get my tea from the chinese, never mind decide the future of my kids.

It'll be like the Truman Show, cancel Brexit, execute Frottage and Johnson and the thick c*nts will just forget all about it.

Yeah.  Seeing as we've had enough of experts, why should we need anything as tedious as a trial, with evidence and Judges to pass a sentence?  Just pop a cap in the back of their heads and be done with it.  Maybe kneecap them first and let them bleed for a few minutes before delivering the coup de grace.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28216 on: September 11, 2019, 07:56:11 pm »
I'd rather the MP's just said fuck off we aren't doing it, I would not trust the general public to go get my tea from the chinese, never mind decide the future of my kids.

Which is what they should have done straight after the vote, it was after all an advisory referendum.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #28217 on: September 11, 2019, 07:57:06 pm »
Murray Foote
@murrayf00te

Kwasi Kwarteng on live TV: "I'm not saying judges are unbiased but people up and down the country are."

Tory Ministers are now content to fuel conspiracy theories. Truly beyond belief

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
Brexit - Pealrlimunt to be prorogued as the pro-rogues try to wreck the UK
« Reply #28218 on: September 11, 2019, 07:59:35 pm »
Just seen the first summaries of Yellow Hammer report

AND THESE FUCKERS STILL PUSHED / ARE PUSHING FOR NO DEAL!

They should be thrown in jail for life the bastards

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28219 on: September 11, 2019, 08:03:23 pm »
Just seen the first summaries of Yellow Hammer report

AND THESE FUCKERS STILL PUSHED / ARE PUSHING FOR NO DEAL!

They should be thrown in jail for life the bastards

It’s a fucking joke. They’re desperate for no deal to avoid the EU tax avoidance regulations. It’s barbaric.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28220 on: September 11, 2019, 08:07:59 pm »
Yellow Hammer

Short summary

Everything you take for granted as a first world country will be gone.

Electricity
Water (no chemicals to treat it)
Medicines
Fresh food

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28221 on: September 11, 2019, 08:17:55 pm »
Yellow Hammer

Short summary

Electricity
Medicines
Fresh food

To be fair though Rees Mogg will make loads on his hedge fund, Russian agents like Frottage and Kilne will be happy, Corbyn might get his railway if we ever get power and Cummings can stay in his castle. So seems worth it to me?

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #28222 on: September 11, 2019, 08:18:46 pm »
Yellow Hammer

Short summary

Electricity
Medicines
Fresh food

But we will have taken back control. We survived the blitz and we can survive this.
Internet terrorist

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28223 on: September 11, 2019, 08:20:15 pm »
Yeah.  Seeing as we've had enough of experts, why should we need anything as tedious as a trial, with evidence and Judges to pass a sentence?  Just pop a cap in the back of their heads and be done with it.  Maybe kneecap them first and let them bleed for a few minutes before delivering the coup de grace.

They are knowingly destroying the country for their own personal gain, that is treason. Reintroduce the death penalty for it and have a public execution. We can have a bank holiday and stream it on Facebook
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28224 on: September 11, 2019, 08:20:51 pm »
Paragraph 15 has been redacted. I wonder why. What could be worse than all the others?
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28225 on: September 11, 2019, 08:21:26 pm »
They are knowingly destroying the country for their own personal gain, that is treason. Reintroduce the death penalty for it and have a public execution. We can have a bank holiday and stream it on Facebook

Pretty sure last time I used PPV was Oasis at Barrowlands but would pay for this.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #28226 on: September 11, 2019, 08:22:26 pm »
Senior reporter for the Sunday Times.

Rosamund Urwin
@RosamundUrwin

What's different about the new Yellowhammer document that the government has just published compared with the one I got hold of last month? The heading.
What did the version I had say? BASE SCENARIO
Now what does the new one say? HMG Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28227 on: September 11, 2019, 08:24:44 pm »
I'm basing it on leavers I come across though, people like my cousin and all his stupid mates, thick c*nts like my Dad and the 11 or 12 HGV drivers I was on an EU invented pointless and expensive Driver CPC course with last weekend, plus every other lorry driver I come across. Too many people, such as Class 1 drivers saw foreign workers have a negative impact on their wages, then add in the £500 we have to pay to keep our CPC cards to allow us to continue to drive and their is a very blinkered view on the EU.

I appreciate their are many leavers out there, but the demos, petitions and general tone of the public over the last year gives me the confidence remain would win

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28228 on: September 11, 2019, 08:28:03 pm »
I appreciate their are many leavers out there, but the demos, petitions and general tone of the public over the last year gives me the confidence remain would win

Problem is most of the people backing leave are serial campaigners who are all about whipping people up and don’t give a shit about actually doing stuff. Whereas remainders tend to be more serious and practical and are ergo not usually as much about the campaign.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28229 on: September 11, 2019, 08:28:04 pm »
To be fair though Rees Mogg will make loads on his hedge fund, Russian agents like Frottage and Kilne will be happy, Corbyn might get his railway if we ever get power and Cummings can stay in his castle. So seems worth it to me?
And what's wrong with good ol' British steam!?
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28230 on: September 11, 2019, 08:28:25 pm »
Liars, charlatans, confidence tricksters.

and still people will vote for them

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28231 on: September 11, 2019, 08:30:51 pm »
Rosamund Urwin
@RosamundUrwin

What's different about the new Yellowhammer document that the government has just published compared with the one I got hold of last month? The heading.
What did the version I had say? BASE SCENARIO
Now what does the new one say? HMG Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions
So. This means that they have published a doctored document - yes? The title is important! And, they had better have very good reasons for the redaction.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #28232 on: September 11, 2019, 08:31:02 pm »
Pretty sure last time I used PPV was Oasis at Barrowlands but would pay for this.
I saw Oasis at Barrowlands in 1994.  They strutted out like heroes, Liam took the acclaim and stuck around for one song then fucked off claiming a sore throat, leaving harrassed pro Noel desperately trying to hold the gig together while the public were bemused at first, then grew angry, before feeling enraged that they’d been cheated.

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28233 on: September 11, 2019, 08:31:50 pm »
What’s going on with the personal comms they were supposed to release today?

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #28234 on: September 11, 2019, 08:37:07 pm »

They’re not.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #28235 on: September 11, 2019, 08:38:15 pm »
They are refusing to release them.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #28236 on: September 11, 2019, 08:40:27 pm »
Paragraph 15 has been redacted. I wonder why. What could be worse than all the others?

In the leaked version that was the bit which talked about oil refineries shutting down, thousands of job losses, and fuel shortages.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28237 on: September 11, 2019, 08:41:47 pm »
but we won the war

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #28238 on: September 11, 2019, 08:41:53 pm »

They're not doing it. From the Guardian live blog.

20m ago 20:18

The government has refused to comply with Parliament’s request to make public internal communications between the prime minister’s top advisers over Operation Yellowhammer and prorogation.

A letter from Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove addressed to former Attorney General Dominic Grieve states that the request would breach the rights of those named in the communications – including civil servants and special advisers.

This is an unprecedented, inappropriate, and disproportionate use of [the Humble Address] procedure. To name individuals without any regard for their rights or the consequences of doing so goes far beyond any reasonable right of Parliament under this procedure.

These individuals have no right of reply, and the procedure used fails to afford them any of the protections that would properly be in place. It offends against basic principles of fairness and the Civil Service duty of care towards its employees.

Meanwhile the BBC News channel manages to plumb new depths. They just addressed the Yellowhammer documents with about a minute long discussion of how 'it's a worst case scenario' (it isn't) and concluded that 'nobody knows what's going to happen' (we do). Didn't even mention the failure to comply with the communications release. And are now 5 minutes into a discussion about the latest psychodrama in the Labour party ::)
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28239 on: September 11, 2019, 08:44:30 pm »

Operation Yellowhammer

BASE SCENARIO

HMG Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions

17. Low income groups will be disproportionately affected by any price rises in food and fuel. (HMT)