Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5735714 times)

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #52120 on: April 3, 2019, 07:56:22 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VQD9onkOtgw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VQD9onkOtgw</a>
Fair play to him for trying to learn English since day #1.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52121 on: April 3, 2019, 12:38:12 pm »
Top 4 just moved a little closer.

Good result for us last night North Bank. You have to imagine that barring some great run by either Utd or Chelsea, that 75 points should now be enough to get 4th at least. Don't like assuming, but if we can beat Palace & Brighton at home, that means winning 2 of our 5 away games.

Would be great for confidence as well as nerves if we could start by winning at Everton on Sunday.

Our away form isn't great by any means, but when you analyse it, it's not as awful as first seems.

In terms of games vs the top 6, we've been resoundingly beaten by Liverpool & Man City, but they are by far the 2 best teams in the country. We were narrowly beaten at the start of the season by Chelsea in a game we had enough chances to at least draw, & we've drawn with Utd & Spurs, both games we really should have won.

We've not played any of the 7-10 teams yet, that's our run in.

In the games vs bottom 10, we've played 9, won 5, drawn 2 and lost 2, and those were games vs Southampton & West Ham during our sticky spell in the winter when Emery was shuffling the pack a lot & because of injuries but also making a few questionable decisions.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2019, 12:59:46 pm by ScottishGoon »

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52122 on: April 3, 2019, 12:48:31 pm »
Good result for us last night North Bank. You have to imagine that barring some great run by either Utd or Chelsea, that 75 points should now be enough to get 4th at least. Don't like assuming, but if we can beat Palace & Brighton at home, that means winning 2 of our 5 away games.

Would be great for confidence as well as nerves if we could start by winning at Everton on Sunday.

Our away form isn't great by any means, but when you analyse it, it's not as awful as first seems.

In terms of games vs the top 6, we've been resoundidly beaten by Liverpool & Man City, but they are by far the 2 best teams in the country. We were narrowly beaten at the start of the season by Chelsea in a game we had enough chances to at least draw, & we've drawn with Utd & Spurs, both games we really should have won.

We've not played any of the 7-10 teams yet, that's our run in.

In the games vs bottom 10, we've played 9, won 5, drawn 2 and lost 2, and those were games vs Southampton & West Ham during our sticky spell in the winter when Emery was shuffling the pack a lot & because of injuries but also making a few questionable decisions.

The other teams are banking on us losing on Sunday, a draw would not be bad as we a have points and goal difference advantage. If we beat Everton we are within touching distance for me.
Hoping one of the 2 games tonight goes our way, every little helps.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52123 on: April 3, 2019, 01:37:36 pm »
Good luck rest of the way.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52124 on: April 3, 2019, 01:39:53 pm »
Good luck rest of the way.

Lets make a deal, we finish 3rd and win the EL, you win the league , what you reckon?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52125 on: April 3, 2019, 01:48:40 pm »
Lets make a deal, we finish 3rd and win the EL, you win the league , what you reckon?

Where do I sign? If i need to give up my kidney for this deal as well, count me in  ;D

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #52126 on: April 3, 2019, 02:34:21 pm »

Lets up the stakes. We will get the UCL as well and you will get the Uefa Super Cup next season when we meet.  :D
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52127 on: April 3, 2019, 02:45:27 pm »
Lets up the stakes. We will get the UCL as well and you will get the Uefa Super Cup next season when we meet.  :D

I like it, and ill throw in defacto's kidney to make it happen.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52128 on: April 3, 2019, 02:46:16 pm »
I like it, and ill throw in defacto's kidney to make it happen.

Shake on it!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52129 on: April 4, 2019, 03:54:16 pm »
Incredibly random but I never actually saw this game at the time it was played

How ridiculously bad is this refereeing

https://twitter.com/AFCPW/status/1113458967731216384

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #52130 on: April 4, 2019, 04:57:07 pm »

I remember Reyes being hacked at every opportunity, they took it in terms.

Ridiculously soft penalty too.

Annoying as we were the first team to defeat them legitimately a couple of weeks later.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52131 on: April 4, 2019, 05:06:57 pm »

Its been discussed on this thread before, they should have had at least 2 sent off, and a pen given against them, before Rooney dived for their pen, but at the time it was accepted that United will hack and get away with it, Arsenal were seen as the foreign team and United were the league's own. It happened every game for a few years, and was celebrated in the media as Fergie finding a way to beat a superior footballing side, when in reality it was just dirty football allowed to happen by biased referees, but it wasn't just United. Bolton, Stoke, all Fergies mates were at it and got away with it when they played us.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #52132 on: April 4, 2019, 05:57:46 pm »

Ah Mike Riley... what an absolute shite performance as a referee.

Who was it that gave Mascherano the red card when we played against United at Old Trafford for being 'disrespectful'?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52133 on: April 4, 2019, 06:00:19 pm »
Ah Mike Riley... what an absolute shite performance as a referee.

Who was it that gave Mascherano the red card when we played against United at Old Trafford for being 'disrespectful'?

Steve Bennett, another tw@ ref.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52134 on: April 4, 2019, 06:05:20 pm »
Insane watching that as i'd never actually seen the game, only the result. People seriously tried to convince themselves that wasn't dodgy :lmao Cole is the first player carded in that somehow

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52135 on: April 4, 2019, 06:07:21 pm »

No surprise its Mike Riley.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52136 on: April 4, 2019, 06:27:08 pm »

Classic game from Riley there.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #52137 on: April 4, 2019, 09:35:23 pm »

Maybe this post should be quoted in the VAR thread.

Do you wonder why the referees in England are so bad? What would one expect with Riley being the head... He was equally bad on the international stage.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52138 on: April 4, 2019, 09:39:48 pm »
That game, & the FA Cup semi final where Giggs scored that goal were horrible.

Bergkamp missed a penalty that should have won us the semi final, Giggs scored that goal, Utd used it as a springboard for their lucky as feck treble.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #52139 on: April 4, 2019, 09:41:22 pm »
I always felt Mike Riley's Legs would be a good name for a band. or a horror movie.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52140 on: April 5, 2019, 01:27:42 am »
Insane watching that as i'd never actually seen the game, only the result. People seriously tried to convince themselves that wasn't dodgy :lmao Cole is the first player carded in that somehow
Ferguson's Utd, bent as fuck.
That is horrible to watch, but every game they played then was the same. Bent decision week in, week out.
Ferguson always did like the envelopes.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52141 on: April 5, 2019, 02:29:20 am »
Ferguson's Utd, bent as fuck.
That is horrible to watch, but every game they played then was the same. Bent decision week in, week out.
Ferguson always did like the envelopes.

Don't think it was down to brown envelopes more the arl c*nt moaning whenever he didn't get his way, always remember Atkinson reffing the FA cup game against Portsmouth, turned a penalty down for the mancs then gave Portsmouth one late on and sent the keeper off, think Ferdinand ended up in goal, anyway they lost and he kicked off, Atkinson didn't get another United game for 2 and a half years which was the manc derby when Owen scored after about 6 minutes of injury time

He was always in the ear of whoever was running the refs and making sure he didn't get any that he didn't like, Juventus were relegated for doing similar

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #52142 on: April 5, 2019, 02:36:59 am »
Don't think it was down to brown envelopes more the arl c*nt moaning whenever he didn't get his way, always remember Atkinson reffing the FA cup game against Portsmouth, turned a penalty down for the mancs then gave Portsmouth one late on and sent the keeper off, think Ferdinand ended up in goal, anyway they lost and he kicked off, Atkinson didn't get another United game for 2 and a half years which was the manc derby when Owen scored after about 6 minutes of injury time

He was always in the ear of whoever was running the refs and making sure he didn't get any that he didn't like, Juventus were relegated for doing similar

A lot here seems to forget what type of shit Ferguson use to get away with. He was a cancer to the game.

So surprising when he got sick, most here were 'Get well soon Sir Alex' etc. He was a bigger poison to the game than Mourinho himself.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52143 on: April 5, 2019, 03:11:22 am »
A lot here seems to forget what type of shit Ferguson use to get away with. He was a cancer to the game.

So surprising when he got sick, most here were 'Get well soon Sir Alex' etc. He was a bigger poison to the game than Mourinho himself.

No none of us forgot, we just aren't horrible c*nts who want ill on another human being for football shite.

Have a word with yourself

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #52144 on: April 5, 2019, 03:15:12 am »
No none of us forgot, we just aren't horrible c*nts who want ill on another human being for football shite.

Have a word with yourself

To each his own i guess. IMO a person like him does not deserve any well wishes. And not only as a football point of view.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52145 on: April 5, 2019, 03:26:33 am »
To each his own i guess. IMO a person like him does not deserve any well wishes. And not only as a football point of view.

Interesting from a man with a quote from the Prophet Mohammed, you sure are full of shite aren't you?

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #52146 on: April 5, 2019, 03:58:13 am »
Interesting from a man with a quote from the Prophet Mohammed, you sure are full of shite aren't you?

You have your views and i have mine. No need for the personal abuse shite.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52147 on: April 5, 2019, 04:05:46 am »

Forget that game, he went mental afterwards and suddenly wasn't best friends with Harry Redknapp anymore.

You're probably right about the envelopes but his 'influence' extended through other managers, former players, referees as pals etc.

I've kind of always appreciated how any of our former players really give it a go against us, it's not always nice, but I prefer that to how Utd's former crop always seemed to make silly mistakes against them.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #52148 on: April 5, 2019, 05:57:47 am »

Gross
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52149 on: April 5, 2019, 07:39:03 am »
he is a football manager, the way you talk about him it’s as if he was fred west

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52150 on: April 5, 2019, 09:21:07 am »

That may be, but hate speak and intolerance is not welcome on this site.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52151 on: April 5, 2019, 01:45:26 pm »

It's unfortunate that you're a  Liverpool supporter

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52152 on: April 5, 2019, 02:40:07 pm »
he is a football manager, the way you talk about him it’s as if he was fred west
This. Same happens with Guardiola in the City thread. I saw him referred to as an "abomination" a few weeks back, to which I responded much like you just have, he's a bloody football manager not Fred West. ;D

Ferguson wasn't above some dirty tricks when he was manager and he was a very sore loser, but as a bloke, don't wish any misfortune on him, especially not with his health problems. I'd stop following football if I ever got to the point of such anger that I'm wishing health issues on rival players and managers.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #52153 on: April 5, 2019, 03:00:35 pm »
This. Same happens with Guardiola in the City thread. I saw him referred to as an "abomination" a few weeks back, to which I responded much like you just have, he's a bloody football manager not Fred West. ;D

Ferguson wasn't above some dirty tricks when he was manager and he was a very sore loser, but as a bloke, don't wish any misfortune on him, especially not with his health problems. I'd stop following football if I ever got to the point of such anger that I'm wishing health issues on rival players and managers.

:lmao

No it doesn't.

People call him a dick because he's a grade A hypocrite for starters, happily working for a pretty awful regime.  No one is calling him a serial killer.

Anyway, no need to turn yet another thread around to Abu Dhabi FC.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52154 on: April 5, 2019, 03:28:59 pm »
:lmao

No it doesn't.

People call him a dick because he's a grade A hypocrite for starters, happily working for a pretty awful regime.  No one is calling him a serial killer.

Anyway, no need to turn yet another thread around to Abu Dhabi FC.
I never said anyone is calling him a serial killer. I said he was called an abomination, which I'd hope you'll agree is way over the top for a football manager.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=274792.msg16517090#msg16517090
« Last Edit: April 5, 2019, 03:30:32 pm by Cu Chulainn »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #52155 on: April 7, 2019, 04:08:16 pm »
Their away performances since December

Won at Blackpool and Huddersfield
Drew at Man Utd, Tottenham and Brighton
Lost at Liverpool, Southampton, West Ham, Man City, BATE, Rennes, Everton

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #52156 on: April 7, 2019, 04:13:02 pm »
I know it's tight but can't believe they can still finish 3rd at this stage.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #52157 on: April 7, 2019, 04:18:17 pm »

Weird take.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Anthony

• Snot a Sailing Specialist. Has not signed for Manchester United. Misses Santa's knee!!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We don't need anyone to tell us this is golden...
« Reply #52158 on: April 7, 2019, 04:25:21 pm »
I know it's tight but can't believe they can still finish 3rd at this stage.

They could finish second if City lose all their matches.

They can't catch us though...
"We will win the European Cup one day. Aim for the moon and end up among the stars" - Gérard Houllier 2001

Thankyou Rafa and Jürgen  for taking us to Heaven!

"Hicks could have purchased Dallas' MLS franchise but decided not to. 'In hindsight, I probably made the wrong decision' he said" - Sports Illustrated/AP 2007

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52159 on: April 7, 2019, 04:33:05 pm »
Their away performances since December

Won at Blackpool and Huddersfield
Drew at Man Utd, Tottenham and Brighton
Lost at Liverpool, Southampton, West Ham, Man City, BATE, Rennes, Everton

It's why I have little faith in getting 3rd, we need Chelsea to continue their poor form and Man Utd to wobble a little.  Wolves and Leicester still to come away from home will be painful based on today.