Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1040747 times)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #15440 on: September 25, 2020, 03:53:03 pm »
My wife is doing her family tree.
While we were in the cemetery, looking for her past relatives graves, we noticed a few of the older graves had "3 breaths" or "3B" inscribed on the gravestones.
Anybody know what this means?  :wave
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15441 on: September 25, 2020, 04:20:01 pm »
The fountain of knowledge that was Gulleysucker, would probably know that. ^^^  :'(

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15442 on: September 25, 2020, 05:34:09 pm »
The fountain of knowledge that was Gulleysucker, would probably know that. ^^^  :'(
He's a big miss  :(
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15443 on: September 26, 2020, 11:59:40 am »
My wife is doing her family tree.
While we were in the cemetery, looking for her past relatives graves, we noticed a few of the older graves had "3 breaths" or "3B" inscribed on the gravestones.
Anybody know what this means?  :wave
Think it's meant to be ''breadth'' and is to do with how many bodies are buried in the grave, either side by side or above each other. In some places multiple bodies were buried in each grave at different levels or next to each other, with one headstone
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15444 on: September 26, 2020, 12:40:51 pm »
Think it's meant to be ''breadth'' and is to do with how many bodies are buried in the grave, either side by side or above each other. In some places multiple bodies were buried in each grave at different levels or next to each other, with one headstone
Cheers mate  :thumbup
We thought it would be something like that.
On a couple of the headstones though, it had “3B” but only one name inscribed.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15445 on: September 26, 2020, 01:26:24 pm »
Cheers mate  :thumbup
We thought it would be something like that.
On a couple of the headstones though, it had “3B” but only one name inscribed.

Maybe the other two were never actually buried in the grave?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15446 on: September 26, 2020, 05:00:30 pm »

Maybe the other two were never actually buried in the grave?
I'll check it about 12 o'clock tonight  ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15447 on: September 29, 2020, 10:06:48 am »
Looking for a Wormatia Worms football top to be delivered to UK. They are a lower division German side.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15448 on: September 29, 2020, 10:23:35 am »
Looking for a Wormatia Worms football top to be delivered to UK. They are a lower division German side.

https://www.wormatia-shop.de/produkt/trikot-2019-2020/

Land Region - Vereinigtes Königreich

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15449 on: September 29, 2020, 10:32:07 am »
https://www.wormatia-shop.de/produkt/trikot-2019-2020/

Land Region - Vereinigtes Königreich

Superb. Thanks! Just need to brush up on my German 😁

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15450 on: September 29, 2020, 11:52:05 am »
Superb. Thanks! Just need to brush up on my German 😁

Click on Translate in the top right if on Google  :)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #15451 on: September 29, 2020, 12:51:18 pm »
For someone who has spent the majority of covid/lockdown working from home, drinking to excess and eating rubbish, is an exercise bike a suitable way for losing weight (as well as cutting out takeaways etc). I'm quite happy to sit in front of my laptop or tv peddling away.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15452 on: September 29, 2020, 03:18:29 pm »
For someone who has spent the majority of covid/lockdown working from home, drinking to excess and eating rubbish, is an exercise bike a suitable way for losing weight (as well as cutting out takeaways etc). I'm quite happy to sit in front of my laptop or tv peddling away.
It's alright, though a cross-trainer would be better.

But you'll never really lose weight through exercise alone. Diet has to change. A healthy, lowish-carb diet with intermittent fasting (say two non-consecutive days a week) works really well
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #15453 on: September 29, 2020, 04:02:23 pm »
It's alright, though a cross-trainer would be better.

But you'll never really lose weight through exercise alone. Diet has to change. A healthy, lowish-carb diet with intermittent fasting (say two non-consecutive days a week) works really well

Cheers mate, I've been recommended the intermittent fasting, 10am to 6pm each day.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15454 on: September 29, 2020, 04:54:52 pm »
Cheers mate, I've been recommended the intermittent fasting, 10am to 6pm each day.

Do it the other way around, 6pm to 10am, its easier

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15455 on: September 29, 2020, 04:55:58 pm »
Do it the other way around, 6pm to 10am, its easier

Possibly easier to sleep as well...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15456 on: September 29, 2020, 05:08:41 pm »
Possibly easier to sleep as well...

If those who advocate it are to be believed, the body doesn't finish processing your tea until about 12 hours after you have eaten, so for burning fat, you ned to go a few hours after the 12 to get any benefits. What I tend to do is have my tea about half 5 and then I'll skip breakfast and have my dinner between 12 and 1pm.  Some of the Keto nutters will go on 4 and 5 days fasts, not interested in that myself.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15457 on: September 29, 2020, 05:20:28 pm »
Need around 16 hours of fasting to really start getting the full benefits - not just fat burning but beneficial hormonal changes, accelerated repair function etc

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15458 on: October 1, 2020, 01:00:38 pm »
Random question but we contact our TV to the WiFi using the WPS search but signal drops out every 45 minutes or so. Is there no way around that unless you connect your tv directly to a router (or to an extension). It’s wall mounted so a bit tricky to do it.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #15459 on: October 1, 2020, 01:05:53 pm »
Random question but we contact our TV to the WiFi using the WPS search but signal drops out every 45 minutes or so. Is there no way around that unless you connect your tv directly to a router (or to an extension). It’s wall mounted so a bit tricky to do it.
I've got my TV connected via ethernet for speed and stability. But that aside, it shouldn't be dropping the wifi connection that frequently.

If you can't, or don't want to run an ethernet cable from your router to the TV (are they in the same room, you could always mount the router behind the telly?), there's always the option of powerline/home plug - but you'd still need to run the ethernet cable from that to the TV, but if your plug socket is behind the telly, then that'll work.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15460 on: October 1, 2020, 02:27:12 pm »
I've got my TV connected via ethernet for speed and stability. But that aside, it shouldn't be dropping the wifi connection that frequently.

If you can't, or don't want to run an ethernet cable from your router to the TV (are they in the same room, you could always mount the router behind the telly?), there's always the option of powerline/home plug - but you'd still need to run the ethernet cable from that to the TV, but if your plug socket is behind the telly, then that'll work.

The router is in a combo board under the stairs (don’t ask!), it’s the only place the line comes into the house.

There’s only one plug on the wall behind where the tv is and obviously the tv is plugged into it. There’s not really room for any kind of adapter as there’s not much space there.

I’ve actually got someone coming round to look at that and a couple of other things tomorrow, just wanted try and sound semi knowledgable in advance. No chance of that!

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15461 on: October 1, 2020, 02:33:48 pm »
Our router is under the stairs too (which is why I got a separate WAP to plug into the router.

Homeplug/powerline might be the solution, as you can get a pass-through plug at the TV end so it doesn't steal the socket.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA4022PKIT-2-Ports-Passthrough-Powerline/dp/B07J652QRY/
Something like that. One plug near your router to receive the network via ethernet, the other behind the telly to receive the network via the electrical circuit and connect to the telly via an ethernet cable.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15462 on: October 1, 2020, 03:13:05 pm »
Our router is under the stairs too (which is why I got a separate WAP to plug into the router.

Homeplug/powerline might be the solution, as you can get a pass-through plug at the TV end so it doesn't steal the socket.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA4022PKIT-2-Ports-Passthrough-Powerline/dp/B07J652QRY/
Something like that. One plug near your router to receive the network via ethernet, the other behind the telly to receive the network via the electrical circuit and connect to the telly via an ethernet cable.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Just not quite Sure how to get an extra plug behind the telly. I’m explaining it badly...I’ll see what my mate says tomorrow!

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15463 on: October 1, 2020, 03:20:58 pm »
Big hammer. That's usually the solution.
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #15464 on: October 1, 2020, 03:31:50 pm »

I have one and quite enjoy. It is not the be all of losing weight but I do find it an easy way to get back in to the swing of exercise. It is right there at home and doesn't need too much motivation to get on it. I use an IPAD and watch an action movie or active TV show and the time flies. It is just a way to sweat for 30 - 45 minutes and being active. Once I get fitter, I use it just to extend my exercise time when using weights or a rowing machine.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15465 on: October 1, 2020, 04:03:03 pm »
Big hammer. That's usually the solution.

Don't hurt 'em...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15466 on: October 1, 2020, 04:42:11 pm »
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Just not quite Sure how to get an extra plug behind the telly. I’m explaining it badly...I’ll see what my mate says tomorrow!

The TP link is about as deep as a plug for an Echo, so unless you'vegot under about 6 inches of space to work with, you should get it into the socket - failing that, get a short extension lead from Aldi and plug the TP Link into that. We run the shitheads (I mean lovely sons) telly and playstation in the back bedroom from a TP link plugged in behind the main telly in the living room and another pluuged in in his room, I have my internet in the front room via a tplink plugged into a surge protected lead I acquired from work

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15467 on: October 2, 2020, 10:36:05 pm »
My daughters school is split into three parts.
1... They have a separate building where the ( severe ) special needs children are taught.
2... A nursery; which is attached to the main school.
3... The main school.
One teacher and a pupil from the special needs building have tested positive for Covid.
One teacher has tested positive from the nursery; which has now been closed for the next two weeks.
Some of the children from the nursery have brothers, or sisters, in the main school.
Now pictures have emerged of the headmistress and five other teachers out on the ale in town during the Sefton lockdown.
One of these teachers is from the nursery.
During this localised lockdown you weren't supposed to mix with anyone from outside your own family.
So my question is, how do I go about finding out who the teacher is from the nursery who has tested positive?

This is not a witch hunt btw; I just want to protect my daughter.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15468 on: October 2, 2020, 10:38:34 pm »
You’re not entitled to know that information. Just like football clubs cannot divulge which players test positive unless they give permission.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15469 on: October 2, 2020, 10:42:48 pm »
You’re not entitled to know that information. Just like football clubs cannot divulge which players test positive unless they give permission.
I suspected that was the case Craig; was just hoping that there was an authority that I could find the information from.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15470 on: October 2, 2020, 11:06:23 pm »
I suspected that was the case Craig; was just hoping that there was an authority that I could find the information from.

Nah, it’s someone’s private medical record so no one is entitled to that info.

Sounds like the school is being cautious which is good news anyway.

Although the pic sounds dodgy. Was it def taken recently?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15471 on: October 2, 2020, 11:11:46 pm »
Nah, it’s someone’s private medical record so no one is entitled to that info.

Sounds like the school is being cautious which is good news anyway.

Although the pic sounds dodgy. Was it def taken recently?
The picture was 100% taken during the localised lockdown.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15472 on: October 3, 2020, 07:54:22 am »
My daughters school is split into three parts.
1... They have a separate building where the ( severe ) special needs children are taught.
2... A nursery; which is attached to the main school.
3... The main school.
One teacher and a pupil from the special needs building have tested positive for Covid.
One teacher has tested positive from the nursery; which has now been closed for the next two weeks.
Some of the children from the nursery have brothers, or sisters, in the main school.
Now pictures have emerged of the headmistress and five other teachers out on the ale in town during the Sefton lockdown.
One of these teachers is from the nursery.
During this localised lockdown you weren't supposed to mix with anyone from outside your own family.
So my question is, how do I go about finding out who the teacher is from the nursery who has tested positive?

This is not a witch hunt btw; I just want to protect my daughter.

Easy, it's the one who is off on Monday

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15473 on: October 3, 2020, 07:58:07 am »
Whats everyone been doing with cancelled Easyjet flights?

One of my flights from July was cancelled - the outbound went ahead but i didnt take it as wasn't going to travel anyway and the return flight was cancelled.

Easyjet are offering to change the flight to literally any flight I want - any date, and departure and destination airport - up until September 2021 for no fee and no fare difference. I'm thinking that might be better than going through the hassle of getting a refund as can see flights being more expensive next year and I will be making the same flight next summer anyway (wedding postponed until then).

Couold backfire if Easyjet were to go bust though.

I had flights in April cancelled to Milan and flights in September to Berlin.

I took the money for both flights. No real hassle and the longest it took was 28 days until the money was back on my card.

I can't imagine flights being more expensive. Currently the airlines are keen to get people back flying, personally can't see that changing anytime soon

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15474 on: October 3, 2020, 08:52:46 am »
The TP link is about as deep as a plug for an Echo, so unless you'vegot under about 6 inches of space to work with, you should get it into the socket - failing that, get a short extension lead from Aldi and plug the TP Link into that. We run the shitheads (I mean lovely sons) telly and playstation in the back bedroom from a TP link plugged in behind the main telly in the living room and another pluuged in in his room, I have my internet in the front room via a tplink plugged into a surge protected lead I acquired from work

Cheers Rob. My problem is there’s only one plug socket behind there which is a bit of an oversight because obviously the TV is plugged into it. So I’ll need an adapter of some sort and then there might not be the space for it.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15475 on: October 3, 2020, 09:00:08 am »
Cheers Rob. My problem is there’s only one plug socket behind there which is a bit of an oversight because obviously the TV is plugged into it. So I’ll need an adapter of some sort and then there might not be the space for it.

A few variants of these Nick , fitted a few in the past and there okay especially as there would not be much load being used

https://www.toolstation.com/socket-converter/p89978

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15476 on: October 3, 2020, 09:03:05 am »
Easy, it's the one who is off on Monday
They've closed the whole nursery for two weeks Rob.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15477 on: October 3, 2020, 12:02:25 pm »

My experience with powerline extenders is that they need to be plugged directly into the wall, not an adapter.

Might be different for newer models/different brands, but worth checking before you buy just to be sure.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15478 on: October 3, 2020, 12:17:58 pm »

The tp link has a plug socket built in so you unplug the telly, plug the tplink in the plug the telly into the tplink, if you've enough space

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15479 on: October 5, 2020, 08:06:18 pm »
Some grammar again, if anyone is arsed. My literature tells my that there are two types of answers to the question: “do you have a car”. You can reply with “I have/haven’t” or “I do/don’t”.
My book claims that “the latter is normal in American English, and is increasingly common in British English”. How would you respond?