The Liverpool FC Forum > Hillsborough Memorial Board

Survivors: Talk about it, share it, we'll try to help

<< < (108/115) > >>

24/7:

--- Quote from: kesey on April 15, 2018, 07:22:04 pm ---I've seen our kid's HJC friends over the past week or so and seen a few today at the memorial by St John's Gardens. I really never know what he had done over the years regarding helping people. I had one lad say to us crying if it wasn't for your Alan I wouldn't be here.

:'(

--- End quote ---
Uff. That's got me right there.......... :(

kesey:

--- Quote from: 24/7 on April 16, 2018, 02:16:44 pm ---Uff. That's got me right there.......... :(

--- End quote ---

It got me too. I realise he had a side to him I never knew existed. To me he was our Al , my big brother that done my head in sometimes. Sometimes he had me in stitches too the mad twat. A poem for him was written for him yesterday but they never had time to read it out. I remember Sheila's words yesterday ' this time last year we stood here and remembered Gerry. This year we've lost another one Alan Dixin who was a larger than life character . My eyes welled up at that point. He was truly loved . His own anniversary is in three weeks and its going to be difficult for me. Last night I went through all my PM'S from you all when he passed on. Thanks lads.

Branno:
ok going through a tough time again now this is all again in the media....marriage breaking down ....drinking too much....cant speak to anyone face to face....no family here...wife doesn't understand....depression....and some truly emotional tributes every days on the the Hillsborough Disasters Survivors Helps Page on FB....every tribute to one of those 96 starts I expect to see one start....this was Darren Brannigan and he was my son....the guilt has started again x

Craig67:
I really wish I was able to say something that could help, other than hang on in there.   

24/7:

--- Quote from: Branno on January 16, 2019, 01:24:10 pm ---ok going through a tough time again now this is all again in the media....marriage breaking down ....drinking too much....cant speak to anyone face to face....no family here...wife doesn't understand....depression....and some truly emotional tributes every days on the the Hillsborough Disasters Survivors Helps Page on FB....every tribute to one of those 96 starts I expect to see one start....this was Darren Brannigan and he was my son....the guilt has started again x

--- End quote ---
Branno, have you every engaged with primary mental health care services about that guilt? Sounds like "survivor guilt", and I'm assuming you were were there..... I don't know your personal story and I'm not a qualified psychiatrist but it also sounds like you might have some PTSD symptoms. I also don't like offering unsolicited advice, so I won't, other than to say we're here and the key to getting through this, especially when something like the trials triggers these emotions, is communication. Is there any way in which you can help your wife to understand the issues? Has she seen any of the documentaries or read any of the books about it? That might at least help her to empathise with you and how you are feeling.

As Craig says, hang in there. You're not alone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version