Author Topic: Jose Antonio Reyes killed in accident  (Read 6105 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: Jose Antonio Reyes killed in accident
« Reply #80 on: June 3, 2019, 12:35:52 pm »
Apparently it was a road known for speeding, though he was 70mph over the speed limit, police say his tire blew and he lost control of the car, it was a car he hadn't driven in 8 months and the tire pressures were low.

Heartbreaking for his family, and those of his passngers, you could lose everything just by speeding in a car.

A tire blowout in a straight line was what killed Jim Clark at Hockenheim in 1968 in the Formula Two race back when trees lined the racetrack. Not even the best of them can catch that one if it goes too fast. That being said, had he held the legal speed of course the chances of survival for all three of them would've been much greater  :-\
Linudden.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: June 3, 2019, 12:51:40 pm »
Apparently it was a road known for speeding, though he was 70mph over the speed limit, police say his tire blew and he lost control of the car, it was a car he hadn't driven in 8 months and the tire pressures were low.

Heartbreaking for his family, and those of his passngers, you could lose everything just by speeding in a car.

Yeah I've heard Guillem Ballague talking about it. Apparently it is a well known road for putting your foot down.

A dick-ish thing to do with other people in the car but we obviously don't know the circumstances or the conversations that led to it happening. Some people are coming out and tarnishing his name (e.g. Canizares) but I don't think that's fair. The majority of us will have ragged a car around before, and the temptation to do so in the cars that footballers drive will be much higher!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #82 on: June 3, 2019, 12:56:47 pm »
Yeah I've heard Guillem Ballague talking about it. Apparently it is a well known road for putting your foot down.

A dick-ish thing to do with other people in the car but we obviously don't know the circumstances or the conversations that led to it happening. Some people are coming out and tarnishing his name (e.g. Canizares) but I don't think that's fair. The majority of us will have ragged a car around before, and the temptation to do so in the cars that footballers drive will be much higher!

I think Canizares just said for people to not glorify him in the sense that he died by behaving dangerously and also ended up killing 1 or 2 others, not just himself which is tragic.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 3, 2019, 05:00:07 pm »
I think Canizares just said for people to not glorify him in the sense that he died by behaving dangerously and also ended up killing 1 or 2 others, not just himself which is tragic.
pretty much how I read that, very sad that he died and you feel for his family but he was incredibly reckless driving at that type of speed, also lucky people in other cars weren’t caught up in it

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: June 5, 2019, 09:48:55 am »

Nah. I have never and will never be tempted to drive at 135mph on a public road. People aren't tarnishing his name, he himself tarnished his name. Knowing families that lost people because of someone speeding and wiping them out, I have utter contempt for what he did. He could've killed half a dozen innocent people.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 5, 2019, 10:12:20 am »
Nah. I have never and will never be tempted to drive at 135mph on a public road. People aren't tarnishing his name, he himself tarnished his name. Knowing families that lost people because of someone speeding and wiping them out, I have utter contempt for what he did. He could've killed half a dozen innocent people.

It was a couple of years ago there was a campaign about motor-cyclists and cars not seeing them and causing accidents.  One person posted a video from the motorcyclists POV, you see a car up ahead turn into the road, the bike hits the car, then he hits the road, lots of rolls then ends up in the bushes at the side of the road.  It was tagged that the car should have been more aware and bikers are human too (that sort of thing), but it didn't take long for it come out the bike was doing about 100mph and had he been keeping to the speed limit, everybody would still be here today.

Like this, I felt sorry initially for what had happened, but when you learn the details, its harder to have that same level of sympathy....if anything it lies more with the passengers, the families and the services who have to deal with the aftermath.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #86 on: June 5, 2019, 10:14:36 am »

Bit circular that though isn't it

Maybe fewer people would do it if they got more pelters for being so selfishly reckless, rather than having excuses made for them.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #87 on: June 5, 2019, 11:04:56 am »
Sid Lowe@sidlowe
Real Madrid have apparently taken it upon themselves to look after Reyes’s son until he’s 18 (he’ll play in their youth system). Really good gesture.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #88 on: June 6, 2019, 02:54:00 pm »
My sympathies have cooled with more details coming out. With others in the car, nobody should feel entitled to risk lives that recklessly. When I was a kid my next door neighbours son took his open top TR6 on his stag night, tried speeding over a small village bridge, flipped it and two of three in the car were killed. Even as a 15 year old I felt angry about what he had done more than sorry for him and his own death. This feels hauntingly similar.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #89 on: June 6, 2019, 11:02:32 pm »

Agreed.

That's what I thought. Its already quite fortunate that no other people were killed by his reckless actions apart from those in his car.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: June 6, 2019, 11:10:07 pm »
He was a twat for killing himself and the other person.  Very fortunate no others were hurt also.

What a dick.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2019, 10:02:50 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: June 6, 2019, 11:11:55 pm »
Sid Lowe@sidlowe
Real Madrid have apparently taken it upon themselves to look after Reyes’s son until he’s 18 (he’ll play in their youth system). Really good gesture.

That’s a brilliant gesture!

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #92 on: June 6, 2019, 11:13:23 pm »
Ignorant to the back story here and obviously a nice gesture from Madrid but does he not have a mother? I also can't imagine that Reyes was short a few quid? Like I say im genuinely in the dark

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #93 on: June 6, 2019, 11:17:42 pm »

Sorry mate but fuck that.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: June 7, 2019, 04:43:22 pm »
The more I'm reading about this and understanding the circumstances around it, sadly the more pissed off I am getting toward drivers like Reyes.

He put his life needlessly in jeopardy and that of his passenger, and indeed anyone else who could have been unfortunate enough to pass near him at the time.  Very very selfish act.

My cousin was killed many years ago by a reckless driver in another car.  It completely fucked up the family including my Aunt who survived the crash, but passed away a couple of years later due to her injuries and depression.  Its had such a profound effect on our entire family.

These people just don't understand what their actions do not ownly directly to their victims, but also to the wider family.

Reyes has not only lost his own life and that of his passenger, but he has destroyed so many peoples lives around him in his family.  They'll never get over it.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2019, 04:50:11 pm by Dubred »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: June 7, 2019, 04:50:06 pm »
It was a couple of years ago there was a campaign about motor-cyclists and cars not seeing them and causing accidents.  One person posted a video from the motorcyclists POV, you see a car up ahead turn into the road, the bike hits the car, then he hits the road, lots of rolls then ends up in the bushes at the side of the road.  It was tagged that the car should have been more aware and bikers are human too (that sort of thing), but it didn't take long for it come out the bike was doing about 100mph and had he been keeping to the speed limit, everybody would still be here today.

Like this, I felt sorry initially for what had happened, but when you learn the details, its harder to have that same level of sympathy....if anything it lies more with the passengers, the families and the services who have to deal with the aftermath.

While his speed was stupid, she had no excuse for not seeing him. The car driver admitted that she didn't see the car behind the bike either - that also hit her car if I remember right. Even if he hadn't have been speeding, she would have killed him, as she would have turned regardless and twatting into the side of a car even at 30 tends to kill you.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #96 on: June 7, 2019, 05:15:33 pm »
He was a twat for killing himself and the other person.  Very fortunate no others were hurt also.

What a dick.

His other cousin was also in the car,touch and go if he will survive or not.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 7, 2019, 05:25:30 pm »
An avoidable tragedy. :(

People do stupid things.  At 35 he was certainly old enough to know better, but I guess when you're a footballer with money you can think you're invincible.  A waste of lives and a lot of needless suffering.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art