Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2766147 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #44000 on: September 6, 2017, 10:37:34 pm »
Am I right in saying the draft is at 3am?

Is there anyway of joining but not being around for the actual draft? I'll be asleep at this time on this side of the world.

Just seen I'm too late. Enjoy it. Make sure Trev doesn't win, couldn't be listening to him about his Patriots and Fantasy team all season  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #44001 on: September 6, 2017, 10:43:29 pm »
I think everyone knows Trev's prediction for this season.

It isn't the same as Anfield Ed's ;D

I'm a Pats fan too you know!! I just feel that back to back successes may be pushing it, when there are some really other top teams around. Also depends on momentum going into the play offs too.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #44002 on: September 6, 2017, 10:53:43 pm »
Damn finally got it to work and it's full
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44003 on: September 6, 2017, 10:56:07 pm »
Is there a way of changing it to 12 teams to fit KillieRed & Red85 in?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44004 on: September 6, 2017, 11:11:32 pm »
lads give me a few minutes to see if i can increase it, stuck in traffic

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44005 on: September 6, 2017, 11:25:51 pm »
lads give me a few minutes to see if i can increase it, stuck in traffic

If I have to wait up till 3 o'clock you can count me out anyway.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44006 on: September 6, 2017, 11:51:20 pm »
If I have to wait up till 3 o'clock you can count me out anyway.

The earliest time I can set the draft to is in 2 hours time now. You can set up an auto-draft so you won't miss out.

I'm trying to work out the settings to see if it will allow me to increase it to 12.

If not my apologies mate.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44007 on: September 6, 2017, 11:52:25 pm »
The earliest time I can set the draft to is in 2 hours time now. You can set up an auto-draft so you won't miss out.

I'm trying to work out the settings to see if it will allow me to increase it to 12.

If not my apologies mate.

Ah you're grand, I was late to the thread and I was only throwing my name in to make up the numbers.

Online coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #44008 on: September 7, 2017, 12:00:16 am »
Do you need to fill a team with every offensive position? For instance, do I need a kicker? I'm in as TheLastRatStanding. I am the most casual of casual fans, so we'll see! Figured the league might need a girl.  :P (Apologies if there are already girls in the league.)
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44009 on: September 7, 2017, 12:01:54 am »
Not for every position, you'll need a kicker, a team defense [as opposed to individual defensive players] and the rest are qb's, running backs and receivers.

Lads, I can add more teams, please let me know if you are interested so I can make it official

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44010 on: September 7, 2017, 12:02:25 am »
Ah you're grand, I was late to the thread and I was only throwing my name in to make up the numbers.

Are you still interested mate, I have it worked out, just need to know how many more people want to sign up so I can edit it

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44011 on: September 7, 2017, 12:04:36 am »
So I can edit them guys, let me know how many of you want to join before I close it out.

Right now the earliest I can change the time is to 9pm Eastern Time [US], which is 2 am for you lot in the UK, and 3 am elsewhere in Europe. You don't have to be live for the draft, just set your list of priorities and players, and the system will do the rest for you.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44012 on: September 7, 2017, 12:21:23 am »
So I can edit them guys, let me know how many of you want to join before I close it out.

Right now the earliest I can change the time is to 9pm Eastern Time [US], which is 2 am for you lot in the UK, and 3 am elsewhere in Europe. You don't have to be live for the draft, just set your list of priorities and players, and the system will do the rest for you.

Tried to sign in to the link you sent, but the league seems to be already full. Would like to be in, but I guess it doesnt make sense to expand over 12 players. Up to you.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44013 on: September 7, 2017, 12:25:14 am »
Tried to sign in to the link you sent, but the league seems to be already full. Would like to be in, but I guess it doesnt make sense to expand over 12 players. Up to you.

I haven't changed it just yet mate, since I can't set it to 11 players only, I need to know if there is going to someone else interested so I can set it to 12 and then you'll be able to do so.

EDIT- Ive changed it to 12, you should be able to sign up now.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2017, 12:26:48 am by deFacto »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44014 on: September 7, 2017, 12:28:15 am »
Changed to 12 teams, so 2 spots left. Just make sure you sign up now whilst there is time

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44015 on: September 7, 2017, 12:30:20 am »
I haven't changed it just yet mate, since I can't set it to 11 players only, I need to know if there is going to someone else interested so I can set it to 12 and then you'll be able to do so.

EDIT- Ive changed it to 12, you should be able to sign up now.

Class, just signed in. Cheers!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44016 on: September 7, 2017, 12:30:29 am »
One slot left!

Offline wayne38491

• Official RAWK Lurker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44017 on: September 7, 2017, 12:38:33 am »
Just joined

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44018 on: September 7, 2017, 12:53:03 am »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44019 on: September 7, 2017, 01:10:21 am »
Draft is one hour away. For those who wont go live, please set your draft picks beforehand and the system will select for you.

Some pointerz

-Zeke Eliott will be available for the first game this Sunday, however following that, he will be suspended for 6 games. You may not want to draft him
-Doug Martin, suspended for the first 4 games due to PED's
-The Miami vs Tampa Bay game has been cancelled due to Hurricane Irma, so you may want to take out any of those players out of your line up

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44020 on: September 7, 2017, 02:50:33 am »
The Swansons are in.

You absolutely smashed that draft!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44021 on: September 7, 2017, 02:51:35 am »
My internet went down halfway through it  :butt

Online coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #44022 on: September 7, 2017, 02:56:03 am »
I'm feeling extremely confident in a team where I don't know anyone not a Patriot or Eli Manning. So watch it, fellas!
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44023 on: September 7, 2017, 03:10:39 am »

Should have drafted on the app mate

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #44024 on: September 7, 2017, 03:34:27 am »
Can I change my QB?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44025 on: September 7, 2017, 04:32:15 am »

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #44026 on: September 7, 2017, 06:31:36 am »
I'm a Pats fan too you know!! I just feel that back to back successes may be pushing it, when there are some really other top teams around. Also depends on momentum going into the play offs too.
:thumbup

We are hated in this thread  ;D

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #44027 on: September 7, 2017, 06:35:41 am »
My auto draft gave me a load of shite  :lmao

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #44028 on: September 7, 2017, 08:01:15 am »
You absolutely smashed that draft!

Set my rankings and let it auto pick. Had to get up st 6:30 this morning so couldn't stay up for it. Pretty impressed to be fair.

They only graded me B- and a projection of 6th place with 8-6 record though. Harsh.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #44029 on: September 7, 2017, 08:10:19 am »
Who is staying up tonight to watch the reigning and defending Super Bowl champions start their Blitz for Six campaign?

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44030 on: September 7, 2017, 09:33:12 am »

That's embarrassing for me, you're still expected to beat me in week 1 ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44031 on: September 7, 2017, 09:43:40 am »
:thumbup

We are hated in this thread  ;D
I love the hate, I live for it.  ;D

You watching the game tonight? I'm in Southwest France, halfway up a mountain....hopefully I'll be able to throw up a decent stream.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #44032 on: September 7, 2017, 09:46:00 am »

You watching the game tonight? I'm in Southwest France, halfway up a mountain....hopefully I'll be able to throw up a decent stream.
Sounds very nice Dave - living the life  :thumbup. I've been spending the bulk of my morning sorting out this visa for Russia in a few weeks time.

Of course I'll be watching mate  ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44033 on: September 7, 2017, 09:50:13 am »
Sounds very nice Dave - living the life  :thumbup. I've been spending the bulk of my morning sorting out this visa for Russia in a few weeks time.

Of course I'll be watching mate  ;D
Russia. Some quality brass houses there,T.

I'm sat on a bench up a mountain overlooking the Med...don't wanna get back on me bike. ;D

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #44034 on: September 7, 2017, 10:23:52 am »
Russia. Some quality brass houses there,T.

I'm sat on a bench up a mountain overlooking the Med...don't wanna get back on me bike. ;D
So I've heard Dave  ;D.

There was no need for such services in Heidelberg (Hoffenheim) a few weeks ago. We were in this bar and it was taking them ages to serve so I decided to pour my own ale because I was thirsty. The owner caught me and wasn't too pleased, however this pretty brunette took quite a shine. An hour or so later we were necking on round the back of the alehouse and then went back to hers after the 2-1 win - a great night all round  :thumbup

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44035 on: September 7, 2017, 10:41:36 am »

The more of us (pat fans) the better! Devestated about Edelman tho

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #44036 on: September 7, 2017, 12:28:35 pm »
“I’ve never felt better about an offensive line or a football team,” Pagano said. “Never felt better. "

Just get the fuck out of my team. One more year. One more year mofo and you're gone.

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Red Star

• Kopite
« Reply #44037 on: September 7, 2017, 03:26:33 pm »
My auto draft gave me a load of shite  :lmao

Same here! WR in rounds 1,2 and 3? Wtf!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #44038 on: September 7, 2017, 04:01:32 pm »
How do you submit your team? The button does nothing for me?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44039 on: September 7, 2017, 04:50:10 pm »
The more of us (pat fans) the better! Devestated about Edelman tho
We'll be fine...as long as we have a Sith Lord masquerading as head coach of an NFL team we'll do what we do.