Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3990664 times)

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Baile Family Website
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread - Over 1000 Pages of Wisdom For Young Uns!
« Reply #42320 on: December 24, 2018, 07:21:50 am »
 'Tis the season of Auld Arsery. Merry Christmas to all you other old codgers!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #42321 on: December 24, 2018, 08:29:00 am »
Just nipping in and out to wish all the arl arses a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. Self inflicted ban at the mo but sometimes come on to have a read in here. Might change in the new year, if only to post in this sanctuary. Trouble with that is, like trying to give up smoking, it's akin to saying...'I'll just have one......'

Reds are fucking boss at the mo, btw  ;D  :wave
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42322 on: December 24, 2018, 09:12:34 am »
Hello everyone,have I missed anything?
No, not missed a thing.

You are however back just in time for Liverpool getting beat for the 1st time this season.    :)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #42323 on: December 24, 2018, 09:14:50 am »
No, not missed a thing.

You are however back just in time for Liverpool getting beat for the 1st time this season.    :)

We've already got that monkey off our back with the Chelsea defeat in the League Cup.

Smooth sailing in the League methinks. ;)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #42324 on: December 24, 2018, 11:29:48 am »
Hope you all have a great xmas Eat, Drink and be Merry.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #42325 on: December 24, 2018, 11:54:19 am »
Happy Christmas oldies - give that bird a good seeing to tomorrow!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42326 on: December 24, 2018, 02:36:34 pm »
I'm not old . . . . . I'm just here to annoy the grumpy old gits  haha   

Joking.

Merry Christmas, one and all.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #42327 on: December 24, 2018, 03:29:36 pm »
All the best everyone . On the choo choo to me Ma's . Nothing to do apart from sit on her couch and get fed for three days
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #42328 on: December 24, 2018, 04:50:25 pm »
Have a good Christmas everyone, and I hope the New Year will bring you all happiness, love and good health.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #42329 on: December 24, 2018, 11:23:07 pm »
Well we have just done Christmas and the turkey and stuffing were better than ever even if I say it myself. (we do Christmas on Christmas Eve to get it over and done with)
Brought the beer fridge in from the shed yesterday, should have done that 6 weeks ago but I'm suffering from a heavy bout of Idle.
Going out tomorrow on the Guiness which should be good fun.
Planning to retire next year, 24th May if possible. Hoping May will be a really good month. :champ
Wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year
Lots of luv

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #42330 on: December 25, 2018, 12:50:08 pm »
Really enjoying the fuck out of every second of the greatest season I've seen as a supporter.

Hopefully we'll end our PL duck this year and enjoy the heady heights of finally regaining our perch.

Big shoutout to our owners who have turned us back into the powerhouse we once were.  Long may it continue.

Have we ever had such sweet victories as the Everton and MU matches this year?

It's been a long time between drinks for us arls, but Happy Chrimbo to all our mob, happier New Year and let's hope for a big fuck off parade in June.

Kill the humourless

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42331 on: December 31, 2018, 11:36:02 am »
Just read of Peter Thompson passing away, a big favourite of mine next to Sir Roger in the first great Shankly team. If I remember rightly he scored a beauty against Chelsea in the FA Cup semi final when we won it for the first time in 1965.
RIP Peter Thompson.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 11:40:59 am by kopite.keith »
When in Rome...

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #42332 on: December 31, 2018, 03:41:39 pm »
Just read of Peter Thompson passing away, a big favourite of mine
Sad news. His first season at Anfield was my first season at Anfield. He played in the first game I saw there, Liverpool v Fulham. Wonderful player. His first three seasons were League Champions, FA Cup for the first time, Champions again. Another of the old legends gone.....

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42333 on: December 31, 2018, 05:16:10 pm »
Sad news. His first season at Anfield was my first season at Anfield. He played in the first game I saw there, Liverpool v Fulham. Wonderful player. His first three seasons were League Champions, FA Cup for the first time, Champions again. Another of the old legends gone.....

Fulham September 1965? If so my first match too.

Thompson was one of the few English flair players, most of the others seemed to be Scottish

A sad loss.

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #42334 on: January 1, 2019, 12:28:41 am »
Fulham September 1965? If so my first match too.
No, November 1963. The Fulham team had Johnny Haynes, Bobby Robson, George Cohen and Alan Mullery.

Happy New Year one and all!!!

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #42335 on: January 1, 2019, 11:15:04 am »

Peter was a top quality flying winger. As a United fan, although I always appreciated his skills, I never wanted to see him selected to play against us!! RIP another old great.

There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42336 on: January 1, 2019, 11:25:59 am »
No, November 1963. The Fulham team had Johnny Haynes, Bobby Robson, George Cohen and Alan Mullery.

Happy New Year one and all!!!

Robson, Cohen and a young Rodney Marsh for mine.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42337 on: January 1, 2019, 12:00:01 pm »
Happy new year to all the auld arse gang!

Was walking home early yesterday tea-time and in the doorway of yet one more empty shop in the centre of Macclesfield, I saw a bedraggled middle-aged fella maybe 50-55 sitting in front of the tent he called home desperately trying to put antiseptic cream on really angry-looking scabs on his leg. I went over to him and asked him what had happened to cause these injuries to his leg. What he told me made my fucking blood boil!! He simply said that someone set fire to his old tent some weeks ago - and with him in it!  As he tried put the fire out, he'd fallen onto the flames and his leg had been badly burned.

Ironically, he was then sleeping rough right outside the United Reformed Church porch which directly faces the town's Wetherspoons and has several other well-frequented night spot watering holes just along from the church. He never saw or heard the bastard or bastards who thought it clever or funny to set fire to his only shelter.
As I was talking to him, a Chinese lady stopped to ask was all OK and she had a fiver in her hand which I assume she was going to give to him. I'd given him a few quid just before the lady came by but everyone else just walked past like it was perfectly normal to see someone sitting putting ointment of leg burns in front of a tent in an empty shop doorway on a town's main street.
FOR FUCK'S SAKE - what's become of us as a people?? How in God's name could we as a society have sunk to these depths??

This callous and punitive so-called government are directly responsible for this because their "caring policies" have demonised the poor, the disabled and the homeless. Their message of not-giving-a-shit for those beneath them has infected some real sickos in our midst who now believe that these human beings aren't human beings at all!

My New Year resolution? Let's ensure that it will be the year that sees our people slinging the Tories out on their arses - preferably for ever.
But I might have to settle for 'em being binned for the rest of my lifetime and the lifetimes of my children and grandchildren.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2019, 08:20:44 pm by JohnnoWhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42338 on: January 1, 2019, 12:51:03 pm »
I saw in the new year ,  in my local QMC Hospital on a trolley in A&E,  i can now add massive Vertigo problems to my list, one minute sitting in my daughters comfortable lounge happy as larry and looking forward to some drinks and then the next minute the room was spinning madly and it stayed spinning for about 4-5 hours after i reached the hospital,  i needed two people holding me up, never felt anything like that in my life before, (that wasnt drink related)  doesnt help that it also makes you sick.

So Ambulance was summoned as my eldest daughter thought it was a stroke given my Enlarged Heart problems and i spent from 11pm till 8-30 this morning on a trolley but you can imagine A&E looked like a war zone at one point of the night /early morning , with one or two having coppers for company, so cant moan at the service really.

Bad as it was i will take Vertigo instead of having a stroke anyday.

Of course A&E massively understaffed as far as the doctors go, but the nursing staff were brilliant .
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42339 on: January 1, 2019, 01:27:18 pm »
Sorry to hear that Geoff lad. Even though it didn't usher itself in particularly nicely for you last night, I will still wish you a happy new year mate.

Had a very similar sudden dizziness attack some years ago whilst standing at my back door drinking a lovely morning cup of coffee. Got almost to the bottom of the cup and decided to sling the dregs onto the back garden. Bad idea that was! As in launching the said dregs, my momentum had me stumbling like a drunk up the garden path and at a fair old rate too! God knows where I'd have ended up if I hadn't smashed into the back gate and fell on me arse!
When I eventually managed to stand up and take stock, I'd a lovely big bump on my forehead, a ringing in my ears and feeling like I was going to throw up everywhere! It must have looked bloody weird when I think back had there been any "witnesses". An inner ear infection was the diagnosis and it never happened a second time - unless drink was involved naturally . . . . . ;D ;D ;D

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42340 on: January 3, 2019, 05:42:29 pm »
Following up on my earlier post re the old fella that had his tent set alight by some callous pricks. I spoke again today to the man with the burned leg - I had taken him a hot coffee and a hot sausage roll, some sterile dresings from Boots and an antiseptic spray as his hands were very grimy.

Do you know what he did next? He rummaged about in his tent and said "Thank you so very much mate. Please take this bottle of mulled wine someone has given me plus this box of luxury peanut cookies." I said "Keep it mate" at which he replied " No, I don't drink and I can't eat the cookies because I've got no bloody teeth"!!

A very gentle and generous fella whose name by the way is Johnny and he told me that he just wants to die - how bloody tragic is that?? What a world of apathy this bastard lot in Government have created in only 8 short years! They are a disgrace to humanity.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42341 on: January 3, 2019, 11:09:28 pm »
I saw in the new year ,  in my local QMC Hospital on a trolley in A&E,  i can now add massive Vertigo problems to my list, one minute sitting in my daughters comfortable lounge happy as larry and looking forward to some drinks and then the next minute the room was spinning madly and it stayed spinning for about 4-5 hours after i reached the hospital,  i needed two people holding me up, never felt anything like that in my life before, (that wasnt drink related)  doesnt help that it also makes you sick.

So Ambulance was summoned as my eldest daughter thought it was a stroke given my Enlarged Heart problems and i spent from 11pm till 8-30 this morning on a trolley but you can imagine A&E looked like a war zone at one point of the night /early morning , with one or two having coppers for company, so cant moan at the service really.

Of course A&E massively understaffed as far as the doctors go, but the nursing staff were brilliant .

Geoff, it wasn't labyrinthitis was it? I've known a couple of blokes who had it and the symptoms sound very similar to yours. Best keep an eye on it.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42342 on: January 4, 2019, 12:43:55 am »
Geoff, it wasn't labyrinthitis was it? I've known a couple of blokes who had it and the symptoms sound very similar to yours. Best keep an eye on it.

That was what I had Albie an infection of the inner ear that bolluxed me up totally. Couldn't stand straight, walk straight, think straight or anything. Terrible thoughts going through my head - like is it a brain tumour and the like. Scared me to death let me tell you!!

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42343 on: January 4, 2019, 12:52:11 am »
Sickening John. our watch took some blankets and stuff to local housing shelter  for Xmas, what struck me was so many were not just the usual homeless with drug and drink problems but frightened young kids  who'd fell out with parents and now there's no benefits or housing they're literally on the streets

Aye Albie lad. We are seeing shite opposite other human beings (whether you'd choose them as best friends is irrelevent because they are fellow beings in a fucking terrible place and many times not through any fault of theirs!!) such as I never was ever raised to contemplate. I'll go and check on him tomorrow as it's friggin' cold tonight here. Think he could do with having a full English to keep the demons - and the yobs - at bay eh??

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42344 on: January 6, 2019, 02:54:38 pm »

They havent mentioned that by name but it is an inner ear problem and i need three pills a day just to lesson the affect, and the symptoms Johnno mentioned are sadly spot on plus being sick or feeling sick,

Last Friday out to dinner with my wife and family it was my wife's birthday i lasted 30 minutes in the restaurant before they had to help me into a taxi and take me home, the doc said it is a disabling illness he isnt wrong about that.

Anyway sent the forms to the DVLA now so i will see if i can still drive (obviously i am not trying to right now)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42345 on: January 6, 2019, 02:57:30 pm »
Also just looked in the Brexit thread nothing new at all  still ground hog day from the echo chamber.

All the entrenched position still rigidly in place.

Offline Rick13

• Main Stander
« Reply #42346 on: January 6, 2019, 05:20:51 pm »
Following up on my earlier post re the old fella that had his tent set alight by some callous pricks. I spoke again today to the man with the burned leg - I had taken him a hot coffee and a hot sausage roll, some sterile dresings from Boots and an antiseptic spray as his hands were very grimy.

Do you know what he did next? He rummaged about in his tent and said "Thank you so very much mate. Please take this bottle of mulled wine someone has given me plus this box of luxury peanut cookies." I said "Keep it mate" at which he replied " No, I don't drink and I can't eat the cookies because I've got no bloody teeth"!!

A very gentle and generous fella whose name by the way is Johnny and he told me that he just wants to die - how bloody tragic is that?? What a world of apathy this bastard lot in Government have created in only 8 short years! They are a disgrace to humanity.

Sad story,John, but well done on your humanity in engaging with and helping Johnny.

Saw a Ken Loach film last night on BBC, " I, Daniel Blake". Superb stuff from Loach in documenting how some people are treated woefully by the bureaucracy of the social wefare system.
"We believe there's never a cause that's lost" Bill Shankly

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42347 on: January 6, 2019, 06:14:39 pm »
The treatment is worse than woeful Rick - it amounts to wilfull inhumanity - and that I WILL never countenence nor accept from this or any govermnent. It's a shameful stain - and in this the 6th richest nation on this planet! - that has been deliberately inflicted on the poorest of our people - whatever might be the fancy language employed or deployed to seek to justify its "necessity". Not ever was it necessary - not ever!! Appalling politically motivated and dogmatic savagery and this Tory government shall NEVER be forgiven. I vow to do whatever I am able to ensure their destruction - after all, it's only fair don't you think given they've deliberately destroyed so many thousands if not millions of lives in these last eight and a half horrifically punitive years? It cannot and must not go unpunished.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #42348 on: January 6, 2019, 06:30:37 pm »

Hope you are on the mend Geoff..

I used to live right next to the QMC ...great hospital ....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42349 on: January 8, 2019, 10:31:32 pm »
Hope you are on the mend Geoff..

I used to live right next to the QMC ...great hospital ....

Thanks for asking and yes the QMC is a good hospital nearly nine hours on a trolley wasnt so good though.

On the meds right now 3 pills a day, now only minor dizzy spells , i was planning to retire in July but this might bring it forward a bit if i cannot get on top of it, cant have Vertigo episodes in a classroom. Although the kids might just think i am pissed.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #42350 on: January 9, 2019, 09:18:18 am »

Geoff, I was just thinking about you, and the other teachers on here.

My father-in-law passed away recently. He was a retired music teacher, and although he was difficult in his personal relations we received many, many messages of condolence and support from former pupils. Some of these people recalled him from 50 years ago when he was a relatively young man, and told tales we had not heard.

It just shows the impact a good teacher can make on lives.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42351 on: January 9, 2019, 10:54:38 am »

Geoff, I was just thinking about you, and the other teachers on here.

My father-in-law passed away recently. He was a retired music teacher, and although he was difficult in his personal relations we received many, many messages of condolence and support from former pupils. Some of these people recalled him from 50 years ago when he was a relatively young man, and told tales we had not heard.

It just shows the impact a good teacher can make on lives.

It's a truth Killie no doubt about it that teachers that impacted your education - both good and bad by the way - are always remembered. I can remember both categories clearly now and I'm 73. The good sense of humour ones, the lousy sense of humour ones, the interactive ones, the bullies, the rigid subject matter expert ones, the hopelessly out of their depth ones - ALL of them I can see in my mind's eye. I can fondly recall a number of them - well those that populate 90% of the above-defined categories. No time at all for the bullies of course although they too are "recalled" but minus the fondness!!

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42352 on: January 9, 2019, 03:30:34 pm »
Apparently you folk might be able to enlighten me on what "Rediffusion" was?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #42353 on: January 9, 2019, 04:14:10 pm »
Apparently you folk might be able to enlighten me on what "Rediffusion" was?
My first thought was rented TVs.
Wikipedia gives more detail. They were a forerunner to cable TV in areas where there was a weak signal. And the sets were rented.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42354 on: January 9, 2019, 07:05:37 pm »
It's a truth Killie no doubt about it that teachers that impacted your education - both good and bad by the way - are always remembered. I can remember both categories clearly now and I'm 73. The good sense of humour ones, the lousy sense of humour ones, the interactive ones, the bullies, the rigid subject matter expert ones, the hopelessly out of their depth ones - ALL of them I can see in my mind's eye. I can fondly recall a number of them - well those that populate 90% of the above-defined categories. No time at all for the bullies of course although they too are "recalled" but minus the fondness!!

Thing is i get grown men and women saying hello and thinking i must remember them from over a decade ago, we have over 1500 + students and i am crap with names, so i blag it a bit till they give me some clues,  the good thing is they seem quite pleased to see me so i did something right i suppose.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42355 on: January 14, 2019, 10:00:12 pm »
Vertigo update, it seems i havent got positional Vertigo this time , i have the main Vertigo problems simply connected to my hearing problems so now on new stronger meds tomorrow and already had new aids booked for February. Also i can do most things but watch out for sudden head movements which will make me have these dizzy spells.

In other news went to see the Stan and Ollie film this afternoon, it is a little gem of a film and Steve Coogan and John C Reilly are terrific in the main parts.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42356 on: January 17, 2019, 01:21:22 pm »
Seem to be talking to myself in here , come on buck up you auld arses!

I watched The Tragedy of Richard II at the Almeida Theatre on a live stream to my cinema on Tuesday amazing production with Simon Russell-Beale as Richard a strange but effective production in my opinion and they managed to strip the play down to 1-40 minutes with no interval.

In other news my Vertigo has been upgraded to Meniere's Disease which as it is incurable i am stuck with it. However many more worse off than me these days. I can put up with various levels of Dizziness,  still not been told if i can drive yet though and i wont drive until i get the all clear to use the car ( or not allowed to drive.)

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #42357 on: January 17, 2019, 10:39:22 pm »

In other news my Vertigo has been upgraded to Meniere's Disease which as it is incurable i am stuck with it. However many more worse off than me these days. I can put up with various levels of Dizziness,  still not been told if i can drive yet though and i wont drive until i get the all clear to use the car ( or not allowed to drive.)
Will this mean you will get to retire and spend more time on the allotment?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42358 on: January 18, 2019, 02:57:49 pm »
Will this mean you will get to retire and spend more time on the allotment?

My plans were to retire at the end of this academic year I.e. July,  but now i will have to see if i can cope when i go back to school if not i will retire a lot sooner than that.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42359 on: January 18, 2019, 10:35:30 pm »
Vertigo update, it seems i havent got positional Vertigo this time , i have the main Vertigo problems simply connected to my hearing problems so now on new stronger meds tomorrow and already had new aids booked for February. Also i can do most things but watch out for sudden head movements which will make me have these dizzy spells.

In other news went to see the Stan and Ollie film this afternoon, it is a little gem of a film and Steve Coogan and John C Reilly are terrific in the main parts.

My son and his best mate of 45 years are MASSIVE  L&H fans. They went to see it the other night and loved it. Found it to be very sad in parts but they remain nonetheless Sons of the desert!! Got to say although not an afficionado like those two, I still fall about at the antics of the great duo. Long may it continue - gentle daft comedy at no-one else's expense - brilliant!!