Author Topic: Real Madrid (A)  (Read 122071 times)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Real Madrid (A)
« Reply #880 on: June 28, 2012, 05:50:15 am »
We were fucking immense - great days - I'd seen the great days in the 70s & 80s but that little purple patch we had with Rafa was the best time I've had supporting the club. I think because I never thought we'd compete at that level again.

It was great wasn't it

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #881 on: June 30, 2012, 09:07:19 am »
Amazing night, was so proud of the Redmen and so lucky to be there

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: July 2, 2012, 03:32:04 pm »
Was also one of the lucky few to be at that game. What a monster of a team we had. I remember limiting Real Madrid to nothing but shots from far out that kept going over / wide.

We didn't carve out too many massive chances for ourselves either but we were so efficient and then tore them a fucking new one at Anfield.

Those few weeks are up there as some of the best of my life.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #883 on: July 5, 2012, 08:18:53 pm »
Those few weeks are up there as some of the best of my life.

Bar us all having a boss time in Madrid and then going to Boro to see our 2 nil loss when Alonso shat the ball into Pepe's goal.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #884 on: July 5, 2012, 08:27:55 pm »
Bar us all having a boss time in Madrid and then going to Boro to see our 2 nil loss when Alonso shat the ball into Pepe's goal.
I was at Boro but not real, big regret.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #885 on: July 5, 2012, 10:09:49 pm »
Warm Madrid or shitty Middlesborough? Cant believe you chose the latter.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: July 5, 2012, 10:25:37 pm »
Warm Madrid or shitty Middlesborough? Cant believe you chose the latter.
lack of money and holidays was the reason

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: July 6, 2012, 09:55:29 am »

Ouch mate. I was matching the Boro match in a bar in Madrid. I remember Mascherano at RBI in that game.

We followed the Boro loss up by hammering man it's and real Madrid tho didn't we?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #888 on: July 6, 2012, 07:06:38 pm »
Ouch mate. I was matching the Boro match in a bar in Madrid. I remember Mascherano at RBI in that game.

We followed the Boro loss up by hammering man it's and real Madrid tho didn't we?

Yeah Madrid, Man U and Villa. All thumpings. Always wonder if we had fucking got the win in Boro though...19?

Jesus. We were so fucking close that year. Hate thinking about it considering our present predicament.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #889 on: July 10, 2012, 09:26:04 pm »
A very bittersweet season, heartbreaking close to winning the title - I still think we we're probably the best team in Europe at the time, the Chelsea QF at Anfield was sickening because we were better than them that year, no question, but we didn't turn up.  I think we'd have beaten Barcelona in the last four and then smashed the Mancs in Rome as well.  No idea how we didn't win that title either.  Four points dropped to Stoke fucking City.  Fuck this I need a gin.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: July 10, 2012, 09:40:57 pm »
A very bittersweet season, heartbreaking close to winning the title - I still think we we're probably the best team in Europe at the time, the Chelsea QF at Anfield was sickening because we were better than them that year, no question, but we didn't turn up.  I think we'd have beaten Barcelona in the last four and then smashed the Mancs in Rome as well.  No idea how we didn't win that title either.  Four points dropped to Stoke fucking City.  Fuck this I need a gin.
agree with this, in that run in we would have beaten any team in the world if we turned up. That Chelsea home game was horrible but i'll always remember the huge pride after we went to stamford bridge and scared the shite out of them a couple of weeks later nearly "doing an istanbul" all over again. If we'd have knocked them out like we should have done then we would have beaten Barca who weren't yet at their heights of 10/11 and what an occasion a final against the mancs would have been, surely one of the biggest club matches ever?

i was in poland during the middlesborough game, visiting auschwitz so certainly that kept things in perspective. i had to admit though the most down i felt all day was sticking bbc world on our little tele and seeing what was basically the title being thrown away, does that make me a terrible person? probably but god it was frustrating for those couple of months from stoke away onwards. a few real kicks in the bollocks, evertons late equaliser at anfield, hitting the post in injury time at stoke...matched almost by the late winners against chelsea and pompey. rollercoaster of a season but what a talented side it was. macheda's goal was probably the single most gutting moment ive had supporting liverpool (on the pitch) compared to one of the very most joyous moments just 24 hours earlier when yossi made us all believe.

Anyway, all ifs buts and maybe's isn't it really, but it's a travesty that team didnt lift a single trophy, we could have had a league and european cup double yet here we are today...a depressing fall but fingers crossed brendan can get us back up there before too long!

Offline Cleveland_Red

• Anny Roader
  • Cleveland Is The City-Liverpool Is The Life
« Reply #891 on: July 12, 2012, 12:52:46 am »
agree with this, in that run in we would have beaten any team in the world if we turned up. That Chelsea home game was horrible but i'll always remember the huge pride after we went to stamford bridge and scared the shite out of them a couple of weeks later nearly "doing an istanbul" all over again. If we'd have knocked them out like we should have done then we would have beaten Barca who weren't yet at their heights of 10/11 and what an occasion a final against the mancs would have been, surely one of the biggest club matches ever?

i was in poland during the middlesborough game, visiting auschwitz so certainly that kept things in perspective. i had to admit though the most down i felt all day was sticking bbc world on our little tele and seeing what was basically the title being thrown away, does that make me a terrible person? probably but god it was frustrating for those couple of months from stoke away onwards. a few real kicks in the bollocks, evertons late equaliser at anfield, hitting the post in injury time at stoke...matched almost by the late winners against chelsea and pompey. rollercoaster of a season but what a talented side it was. macheda's goal was probably the single most gutting moment ive had supporting liverpool (on the pitch) compared to one of the very most joyous moments just 24 hours earlier when yossi made us all believe.

Anyway, all ifs buts and maybe's isn't it really, but it's a travesty that team didnt lift a single trophy, we could have had a league and european cup double yet here we are today...a depressing fall but fingers crossed brendan can get us back up there before too long!

Good to hear you love it there!  I will be traveling to Slovenia prolly fly into Venice and maybe take train over between games in Liverpool.  Any recommendations?
"Football in many ways mirrors the society that we have become, self obsessed and shallow."

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #892 on: December 21, 2012, 03:55:40 pm »

Always wonder if we had fucking got the win in Boro though...19?

I always think the same aswell, can't believe we came down with a bump after one of the best ever aways in Europe at the Bernabeu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #893 on: December 21, 2012, 04:13:52 pm »
I always think the same aswell, can't believe we came down with a bump after one of the best ever aways in Europe at the Bernabeu

Alonso's bum own goal.

Offline matchoftheday

• Kopite
  • Dog
« Reply #894 on: September 19, 2014, 12:42:34 pm »
Can't wait to get out there again!

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #895 on: September 29, 2014, 01:56:21 pm »
did anyone get tickets for the '09 game direct from Real? If so what are their online ticket sales like? if it's anything like ours i'll have to resort to other means!

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
« Reply #896 on: September 29, 2014, 03:02:11 pm »
did anyone get tickets for the '09 game direct from Real? If so what are their online ticket sales like? if it's anything like ours i'll have to resort to other means!
madristra members only, very unlikely to go on general sale in Madrid
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #897 on: September 29, 2014, 03:17:12 pm »
madristra members only, very unlikely to go on general sale in Madrid
do you reckon it's worth getting the madridista card and can you buy more than 1 ticket with it?

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #898 on: September 29, 2014, 06:45:30 pm »

I got some from servicaixa in 09. We bought them online and had to collect them from the stadium from one of those auto ticket printing machines (like when you collect train tickets).

Cost us about 155 Euros each and we were not the only reds in there.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 06:49:30 pm by barneystuta »

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #899 on: September 29, 2014, 06:46:54 pm »
do you reckon it's worth getting the madridista card and can you buy more than 1 ticket with it?
sent you a PM mate

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: September 30, 2014, 09:51:52 am »
Hi I just saw that the general sale is in two weeks time, is it worth joining their membership scheme or will i get sorted in the general. I am going on my own but happy to sort out others if you can buy more than one ticket as a member...

Offline redindian

• Main Stander
  • RAWK Supporter
« Reply #901 on: September 30, 2014, 10:01:55 am »
I got some from servicaixa in 09. We bought them online and had to collect them from the stadium from one of those auto ticket printing machines (like when you collect train tickets).

Cost us about 155 Euros each and we were not the only reds in there.

Us too, bit cheaper as we were behind the goal but no issue with getting the tickets.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: September 30, 2014, 01:12:06 pm »
Anybody got a clue as to when we will announce criteria for this

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #903 on: September 30, 2014, 01:20:40 pm »
About 2 weeks time after QPR has sold out??
We are a team of one half.

Offline wirral_red

• Main Stander
« Reply #904 on: September 30, 2014, 06:40:38 pm »
Just had a quick look on R.Madrid website & it says that general sale will happen on Monday 13th October

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/tickets

When you access the page that contains details of the tickets sale there's also a paragraph that clearly states that they can refuse entry to the stadium if they suspect you are a visiting fan.....guessing this is just to comply with UEFA rules & in reality they won't give a fuck as long as they've got your cash, but just so you know.... 

Information: According to current UEFA legislation and regulations, seats for tickets assigned to supporters of the visiting team, which are only available for purchase through LIVERPOOL F.C., will be located in an area duly separated from the rest of the audience for security reasons. Real Madrid therefore reserves the right to refuse entry to the stadium to supporters of the visiting team with tickets purchased through other means, not located in the area provided for that purpose.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: September 30, 2014, 07:04:26 pm »
Just had a quick look on R.Madrid website & it says that general sale will happen on Monday 13th October

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/tickets

When you access the page that contains details of the tickets sale there's also a paragraph that clearly states that they can refuse entry to the stadium if they suspect you are a visiting fan.....guessing this is just to comply with UEFA rules & in reality they won't give a fuck as long as they've got your cash, but just so you know.... 

Information: According to current UEFA legislation and regulations, seats for tickets assigned to supporters of the visiting team, which are only available for purchase through LIVERPOOL F.C., will be located in an area duly separated from the rest of the audience for security reasons. Real Madrid therefore reserves the right to refuse entry to the stadium to supporters of the visiting team with tickets purchased through other means, not located in the area provided for that purpose.

Doubt they could prove you're a Liverpool fan anyway unless you were a full kit wanker.

Just say you're a scouse Madrid fan, or a fan of another team currently living/traveling in Madrid. Think they'd only really bother using it if somebody is stood up in the middle of the madrid end singing YNWA
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: September 30, 2014, 09:59:47 pm »
So no red and white Wanker Hats in the Madrid end...

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: September 30, 2014, 10:15:11 pm »
Nobody will be thrown out.  There were Liverpool fans in with the Ultras last time that were told to take their Jersey's off, that was about he height of it.

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: September 30, 2014, 11:07:21 pm »
Some whoppers around la!!

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: October 1, 2014, 01:01:16 am »
Nobody will be thrown out.  There were Liverpool fans in with the Ultras last time that were told to take their Jersey's off, that was about he height of it.

I remember a small kick-off behind me(second tier behind the goal) after Benayoun scored and then just at the end of the game what seemed to be a lot of Madrid lads knocking lumps out of each other just underneath us. Got back to a pub after the game and they showed that in the highlights, no reports of it the day after though.
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .