Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5718288 times)

Offline Fabregas_Gooner

• has man love for Tim Cahill
  • Main Stander
Arsenal
« on: August 19, 2008, 04:15:20 am »
I must say alot of you on here think Arsenal will finsh 4th place. I thnk all you fans and pundits are going to be in for a shock if you underesitmate the Arsenal, we maybe young but we finshed 3rd above you last season and this year we can be title contenders no doubt.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2022, 08:55:25 am by John C »

Offline mazlo123

• Legacy Fan
  • My kind of monster.
Re: I like the fact you underestimate Arsenal this season!!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 04:18:42 am »
Do you hate the fact that i overestimate Arsenal this season?
They should go and feast on another dead corpse this one is alive and kicking and it will bite you fucking head off.

Offline Rafadagaffer

• Kopite
  • Walk on Walk on..
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 04:19:26 am »
I was not one of the posters who wrote off Arsenal's chances. I think Nasri is a great addition to your squad. I think that if your major players (Fabregas, Adebayor), stay free form injury, you are more than capable of mounting a serious title challenge.

The same old questions remain though, will you be able to deal with the more physical sides? i.e. Stoke and Hull who will more than likely park a bus in front of the goal for  90 minutes. What is your backup plan if your beautiful football doesn't bring you the results.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 04:25:00 am by Rafadagaffer »
I think we have some posibilities, no?

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 04:32:02 am »
We will finish above arsenal this season.

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 04:39:50 am »
we maybe young

Anybody else finding the "young arsenal team" tag a little tedious?? Haven't you had a young squad for the last 3 years??!

Back on topic, I haven't written off Arsenal's chances and don't think anyone with half a brain would either. You have a great team and play fantastic football however, I think that people see us and yourselves fighting it out for third and we're hoping that you'll finish below us.....simple really.

And they say us Reds are paranoid!

Offline Kingsley (Ned) Zissou

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 04:41:38 am »
Spurs will finish above Arsenal.

Is that what you were looking for?     ::)

Offline Fernando09

• Legacy Fan
  • can i change my username please...? :(
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 05:13:02 am »
ok you finished 3rd last year and that's above us but did you get any prize for it?
If I live to be a hundred and Liverpool bring in genius managers who win Quadruples and Quintuples for the club, I'll always point to Rafa as the one who meant the most to me.

-Finn Solomon

Offline Benitude

• Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 05:36:27 am »
Because everyone underestimated you last year and you still won fuck all?

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 06:53:44 am »
Lost and not yet replaced your best player of last season (Flamini), only two decent centre backs and one of those is a bit of a flake (Gallas), still not convinced about your keeper, you have a talented bunch of players but they are young and inexperienced, a few injuries could see you struggle, additionally you need to have a plan B when the tika taka game doesn't work.

I work with a Baggies fan that went to the Emirates on Saturday and he expected them to get tonked as in his own words 'We like to attack and can't defend for shit', yet he was amazed that despite many obvious goal scoring opportunities you decided that further 15 passes was the best course of action, he though you could have easily beaten them by 4 or 5 if you'd been more direct.
Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 07:02:53 am »
I must say alot of you on here think Arsenal will finsh 4th place. I thnk all you fans and pundits are going to be in for a shock if you underesitmate the Arsenal, we maybe young but we finshed 3rd above you last season and this year we can be title contenders no doubt.

Arsenal?

I'm sorry I didn't see them.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 07:13:26 am »
We will finish above arsenal this season.
Ditto.      :D

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 07:43:36 am »
additionally you need to have a plan B when the tika taka game doesn't work.

we do have a plan B, we can change into any of 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or 3 at the back and flood the midfield or the attack. We can get down the wings or try to hit the ball over the top if Ade, Walcott or Dudu are on the pitch.

I think there are question marks over us, as well as Liverpool, but haven't seen too much underestimation of our chances. Just argument over what constitutes as depth

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 07:57:56 am »
I like the fact that Arsenal are still taking 24 passes where one would do.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 08:01:05 am »
Well the pundits are saying the same thing.

Surprised you haven't replaced Flamini to be honest.
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 08:01:58 am »
Arsenal's lack of any depth to their squad will bite them on the arse this year........again!

"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline king sjjj

• Kopite
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 08:40:52 am »
Keep playing your sexy football, wins you nothing

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 08:58:32 am »

i'll reserve judgement untill the end of the transfer window. but if you dont add anyone to your squad between then and now you will struggle to last the distance again.

not writing you off by any means but you have the thinest squad of the top four sides and if you suffer a few injuries you'll really struggle

Offline Scott-S-

• TOO YOUNG TO USE THE TICKET EXCHANGE
  • Legacy Fan
  • El Nino - Best Striker In The World!
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 08:59:55 am »
arsenal have got no one to do the scrappy/dirty work in the middle of the park.

fabregas is NOT an all round midfielder, flamini won the ball back and chased down players last season, then fabregas got the ball and released one of the 5000 passes in the game.

strength in depth, worrying.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 09:27:43 am »
Im not underestimating Arsenal, but much like ourselves i think theres question marks over you as well. If you dont bring in anyone else during this transfer window i just dont think you have the cover to sustain a title challange if one or two of your big players get injured.

You play great football and i like watching the Arsenal, but unfortunately it doesnt always win you trophies. If we are not going to win the league this season i would rather see you win it than the other two though.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 09:34:50 am »
I like the fact that Arsenal are still taking 24 passes where one would do.

Aahh, but it looks so pretty and that's the way football should be played and they're only small children and Wenger is the best manager ever and has single handedly changed English football 'cos you see professionalism would never have come into the game if it wasn't for him.
I'm so fucking angry I'm rubbing my face!!!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 09:41:24 am »
we do have a plan B, we can change into any of 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or 3 at the back and flood the midfield or the attack. We can get down the wings or try to hit the ball over the top if Ade, Walcott or Dudu are on the pitch.

I think there are question marks over us, as well as Liverpool, but haven't seen too much underestimation of our chances. Just argument over what constitutes as depth

This is very true. After Cesc's once in a life-time goal run dried up and teams sat deeper against them (around Christmas) Arsenal started playing a lot quicker balls (i.e. longer balls) to Adebayor with Eduardo playing off him. His pick up in form coincided and Arsenal kicked on through the winter until the rather unfortunate happenings at Birmingham when slowly the wheels came off and the lack of depth was exposed.

If I was a Gooner I would have been absolutely insane with rage after that match. But then I fucking hate Birmingham City for some reason.

Offline Throxenby

• Has a date with Fat Frank sometime in 2007
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 09:52:19 am »
i dont underestimate yer chance but do think yer mob overestimate yer chance.
God bless the skywashed for they know not what they do.

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 09:55:01 am »
Arsenal's lack of any depth to their squad will bite them on the arse this year........again!

no they will put walcott right back etc to cover, right?
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline kopk1w1

• Loved the freedom, hated the responsibility.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 09:57:09 am »

You are paper thin in your squad.

And it's Arsenal, not the Arsenal, it's not the forties.
"Hands up who knows what way we're kicking ?"

(Rafa Benitez – Half time.
Ataturk Stadium. Istanbul.
25th May 2005)

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 01:06:25 pm »
I like the fact that you´ve won fuck all in 4 years, your manager is a clueless twat who bears uncanny resemblence to the child catcher from chitty chitty bangbang in the way he goes abotu his buisines and mostly.. I love the fact that you´ve only once been past the quater finals of a  European cup.

I hope your myopia nursery burns and that horrible c*nt ´shovel´or whatever the vulture-nosed c*nts name is is inside it when he does.

Horrible twats.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 01:06:44 pm »
You haven't won fuck all for 4 years. So it's understandable. Your team just bottles it big style- your young players may be good, but they haven't got the mentality yet. When the going is good, you were the best team in the country last season... but as soon as it got tough you folded and turned shite. That doesn't win you anything. Which is why you haven't won anything in years.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 01:07:32 pm »

Your plan B is long ball. You´re just a bunch of masturbating "perfect football" twats who wont admit it.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 01:09:01 pm »
I'm loving the anti-Arsenal bile in here ;)

Offline Sopp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 01:10:40 pm »
Arsenal will finish above us this year again. Why wouldn't they? They're a better, more consistent team than us in the league.

They won't however get near Man Utd and Chelsea.
"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody."

Offline constipatinator

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 01:16:19 pm »
Relegation certainties.

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 01:18:35 pm »

Didn't see much evidence of a plan B when you were failing to get a second against the Baggies, just more of the same.  And as my Baggie supporting friend stated they cannot defend and they gave you time to play your own game, you wont get that lucky with most of the other teams in the league.

That said, I think you'll easily finish top 4 as long as you don't get too many injuries or a loss of form from your better players, the chasing pack have to score at least another 10-15 points a season and I don't see any of the them being capable of doing it this season. 

If you can find a decent replacement for Flamini you will be a strong challenger, if not it'll be fourth place for the third time in four seasons. 

Dudu?

That's a shite nickname for a player
Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 01:21:25 pm »
I'm loving the anti-Arsenal bile in here ;)

It´s not bile. It´s a clear and concise arguement that´s littered with witty turns of phrase and astute observations.

Shovell is a c*nt.

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 01:21:35 pm »
I think Arsenal will struggle. Nasri seems to be injured now.
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 01:22:56 pm »
Arsenal are nopt fucking young.

After that fairly abysmal performance on Saturday I thought SPurs were in with a chance. But then they were even worse.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 01:24:58 pm »
i hate the fact that you call yoru own team the Arsenal.....

Offline Throxenby

• Has a date with Fat Frank sometime in 2007
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2008, 01:38:57 pm »
i hate the fact that you call yoru own team the Arsenal.....
is it a london verb?
for" taking it up the arse"
God bless the skywashed for they know not what they do.

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2008, 01:39:51 pm »
Arsenal are nopt fucking young.

After that fairly abysmal performance on Saturday I thought SPurs were in with a chance. But then they were even worse.

West Ham to trail Chelsea out of the Londonteams?
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline Antony

• Stupid, thick cup of soupio
  • Legacy Fan
  • Barack Obam-la is Scouse Society
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2008, 01:40:50 pm »

I like the way you, look at me with those beautiful eyes,
I like the way you, act all surprised,
I like the way you, sing along,
I like the way you, always get it wrong,
I like the way you, clap your hands,
I like the way you, love to dance,
I like the way you, put your hands up in the air,
I like the way you, shake your hair,
I like the way you, like to touch,
I like the way you, stare so much,
but most of all....
Yeah..
most of all....

I like the way you underestimate Arsenal this season!
I like the way you underestimate Arsenal this season!

Aye lad, whens the remix coming out?

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2008, 01:42:43 pm »

Ha ha but sorry, Dudu?

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2008, 01:45:30 pm »
Sounds like two bit part players squabbling over a bronze medal.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 01:51:10 pm by Voltaire »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks