Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2042938 times)

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #15920 on: December 8, 2020, 07:59:29 pm »
No wonder they are using 19/19 for tickets then as they knew it wasn't luck to get them free for all games!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15921 on: December 8, 2020, 08:03:15 pm »
No wonder they are using 19/19 for tickets then as they knew it wasn't luck to get them free for all games!

Well not really considering only a handful of people out of tens of thousands knew how to get round it. I still got the vast majority of my tickets by refreshing 8 hours a day. By the time I had properly cracked it the fucking pandemic hit!

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15922 on: December 8, 2020, 08:03:52 pm »
One thing I had worked out with the old site was how to view all the tickets that were going to be available for a sale before they put the game live. There was a way to view the game "in the background" with just the drop down on screen. Last season there was actually a ticket for Norwich still there in the system all season! Meaning the inept TO didn't actually sell all the available tickets.

Before the drop downs were broken you could add tickets to the basket using this method especially before the late members sale went live before the game went up and then as soon as the game went live it let you checkout :D obvioisly this relied on them not locking the website down though. Once the drop downs broke though this method failed as you couldn't add the tickets even after the game went live

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15923 on: December 8, 2020, 08:05:56 pm »
One thing I had worked out with the old site was how to view all the tickets that were going to be available for a sale before they put the game live. There was a way to view the game "in the background" with just the drop down on screen. Last season there was actually a ticket for Norwich still there in the system all season! Meaning the inept TO didn't actually sell all the available tickets.

Before the drop downs were broken you could add tickets to the basket using this method before the game went up and then as soon as the game went live it let you checkout :D once the drop downs broke though this method failed as you couldn't add the tickets even after the game went live

I knew you could do that but never knew how. Feel free to spill now that all cards are on the table haha

Offline includo

• Main Stander
« Reply #15924 on: December 8, 2020, 08:50:31 pm »
Yeah this is the method we used, never got the magic time to get straight in but always got around 3 mins! Think it was trial and error by using multiple guest browsers in Chrome, messed up to start with tho initially as I was pasting in the same ticket link each time. Took me a while to notice that there was a different sequence at the end of every ticket URL session and ended up having 60+ of the same sessions  :butt

Offline dr62499

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #15925 on: December 8, 2020, 10:27:38 pm »
Will tonight when I am home from work :)

Cheers for taking the time to post the explanation!

How could you see the available tickets for wolves game the other day. Is it as simple as inspecting the page whilst logged in?

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #15926 on: December 8, 2020, 10:57:44 pm »
Thanks 30fiver for sharing that info.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Agent Bobby

• Kemlynite
  • Bobby
« Reply #15927 on: December 8, 2020, 11:16:30 pm »
The touts probably also knew the "trick"

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #15928 on: December 8, 2020, 11:53:36 pm »

Before the drop downs were broken you could add tickets to the basket using this method especially before the late members sale went live before the game went up and then as soon as the game went live it let you checkout :D obvioisly this relied on them not locking the website down though. Once the drop downs broke though this method failed as you couldn't add the tickets even after the game went live

Use to do this myself and given I found this method in the first place I've got a feeling I know who you are hahaha

Got a phone call (well 5 because I never answered the first 4) off the ticket office asking how I was doing it before the Newcastle sale went live because I'd already logged in at 10.58 or whatever. Said I'm not telling them, then about 5 weeks later they fixed it, but changing another parameter still allowed you in but a few weeks after that they blocked the add to basket feature unless the game was 'live'

Online NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #15929 on: December 9, 2020, 12:02:49 am »
Thanks for the insights, appreciate it.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #15930 on: December 9, 2020, 12:09:25 am »
I was going mad about this for months. I’d unknowingly worked it out it turns out though but never got a chance to really test the theory since this was around end of Feb start of March. Nobody would confirm either so was left to wonder for months!

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15931 on: December 9, 2020, 08:58:50 am »
Nobody would confirm either so was left to wonder for months!

Can you blame us though? :D

Offline includo

• Main Stander
« Reply #15932 on: December 9, 2020, 09:45:09 am »
Before we found it out I was going mad trying different things; VM's, VPNs and one point even changing the parameter of the percentage the red bar that moves across in the queue. Then we kept hearing 'its not random' so through trial & error worked it out.. Typical we worked it out in Feb though and then the ticket site bloody changes!

Offline dr62499

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #15933 on: December 9, 2020, 09:57:14 am »
So is the new site a true "first in line" queue system depending if you have the required criteria?

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #15934 on: December 9, 2020, 10:40:57 am »
Thanks for putting me out of my misery.

I feel stupid now though haha. But makes sense as when I was lucky in the local sales I would usually be on my way to work and would go on the website on the train at say 7:30ish, as would get into moorfields at 811. So quick run up the escalator to ensure I had signal at 815.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15935 on: December 9, 2020, 10:47:24 am »
So is the new site a true "first in line" queue system depending if you have the required criteria?

New site should be random, but only lets you join if you have criteria which is defo a step in the right direction!

Not been a big sale yet tho has there so guess we'll see in due course what the experience is like!

Offline Chris H

• Anny Roader
  • Spion Kop 1906
« Reply #15936 on: December 9, 2020, 01:04:39 pm »
Well in 30fiver. Decent that.
@SpionKop1906

All donations welcome. All funds raised through sales go straight into the flag fund for future flags and banners.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15937 on: December 9, 2020, 01:59:03 pm »
so it's the computer geeks ruining the atmosphere.. ;)

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15938 on: December 9, 2020, 02:02:05 pm »
so it's the computer geeks ruining the atmosphere.. ;)

Bring my iPad and selfie stick every week :p

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15939 on: December 9, 2020, 05:50:15 pm »
I knew you could do that but never knew how. Feel free to spill now that all cards are on the table haha

If you went through the 'away games' URL and went onto an away match, it presented the website with just the stand and area dropdown.
You had the change the URL from the away game match code to the appropriate home game match code. For example:
https://tickets.liverpoolfc.com/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/StandAndAreaSelection.aspx?campaign=&product=19LHNC&productIsHomeAsAway=N&productsubtype=HOME&stadium=AS&type=H&soalready=sWk4DJUwbFVBv5UzZdzPW47jRWpOfkRic7nz0exu3pk=

19LHNC - 19 = season, LH = League Home, NC = Norwich City.
This would then display just the stand / area dropdown on screen for Norwich and worked even when the match wasn't 'live' on the home game part of the site. You could view all the tickets that were there in the background for the match. As I said, there was a ticket in the lower centenary for Norwich on the site all the season that was never sold.
Before they closed off the loophole you were able to add tickets to the basket using this method just before the late members sales went live (as all the seats were already uploaded). You'd get a message saying the game wasn't for sale, but then as soon as the game went live on the 'home game' part of the site you'd be able to complete the sale.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15940 on: December 9, 2020, 06:01:58 pm »
Ah cheers for that. I was closer than I thought with that then

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15941 on: December 9, 2020, 08:07:41 pm »
If you went through the 'away games' URL and went onto an away match, it presented the website with just the stand and area dropdown.
You had the change the URL from the away game match code to the appropriate home game match code. For example:
https://tickets.liverpoolfc.com/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/StandAndAreaSelection.aspx?campaign=&product=19LHNC&productIsHomeAsAway=N&productsubtype=HOME&stadium=AS&type=H&soalready=sWk4DJUwbFVBv5UzZdzPW47jRWpOfkRic7nz0exu3pk=

19LHNC - 19 = season, LH = League Home, NC = Norwich City.
This would then display just the stand / area dropdown on screen for Norwich and worked even when the match wasn't 'live' on the home game part of the site. You could view all the tickets that were there in the background for the match. As I said, there was a ticket in the lower centenary for Norwich on the site all the season that was never sold.
Before they closed off the loophole you were able to add tickets to the basket using this method just before the late members sales went live (as all the seats were already uploaded). You'd get a message saying the game wasn't for sale, but then as soon as the game went live on the 'home game' part of the site you'd be able to complete the sale.

They always use to redirect the full URL for home games to stop people getting in. Never re-directed away games so could have a picture of the burnley away game but have the drop down for a home game, used it to work someones card up the away ladder this season too in the none-guaranteed sales for some games

They patched this but if you changed the stadium code to AS it let you in again hahaha

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15942 on: December 10, 2020, 10:04:09 am »
It's too long for me to read (and given the new site is undoubtedly not open to the same manipulation) but skim reading it, the queue wasn't random but only at certain times.

Outside of those certain times (7:21 ) it was pot luck if you got a shorter wait?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #15943 on: December 10, 2020, 11:06:36 am »
I remember years back there were tricks like logging on as soon as the website closed. If it was never truly random it sounds like if the above was true they did some coding that would make it appear random even if it still wasn't.

Obviously sales happen several times a month and so many of us are so passionate about going so ultimately it was discovered. If there is a flaw in the next one can we bring me in please? ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #15944 on: December 10, 2020, 11:29:56 am »
It's too long for me to read (and given the new site is undoubtedly not open to the same manipulation) but skim reading it, the queue wasn't random but only at certain times.

Outside of those certain times (7:21 ) it was pot luck if you got a shorter wait?

From what I got there was no pot luck... so 7:22 would have a shorter wait time than 7:25

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15945 on: December 10, 2020, 11:41:08 am »
From what I got there was no pot luck... so 7:22 would have a shorter wait time than 7:25

Yes. Although sometimes it changed by a minute either way, so you just have to spam browsers around 7:22, 7:23, 7:24 etc

Before I even knew there was an actual sweet spot login time that would always get you in, everyone always accused me of knowing some secret because I always got in. But it was just about me noticing a pattern. I logged onto the site at the same time all the time, pretty much because I am a bit autistic and like routine :D, but I was getting a good wait time most of those times therefore I figured there must be some pattern to this. Certainly clicked to me that it's definitely not random.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15946 on: December 10, 2020, 12:31:02 pm »

I can categorically state at one point I had a shorter wait on a browser that I opened last.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15947 on: December 10, 2020, 12:34:49 pm »
I can categorically state at one point I had a shorter wait on a browser that I opened last.

I don't think you quite get it. It's not about opening a browser at an earlier time.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15948 on: December 10, 2020, 12:35:53 pm »

If you read the full post you'd see there are several opening points, 7.21 is the one that was nailed down and confirmed for sure and used every week, 7.38 was also an opening time

It is nothing to do with which browser opened last, its about the time each one was opened

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15949 on: December 10, 2020, 12:37:54 pm »
If you read the full post you'd see there are several opening points, 7.21 is the one that was nailed down and confirmed for sure and used every week, 7.38 was also an opening time

It is nothing to do with which browser opened last, its about the time each one was opened

My apologies. Seems bananas

Offline GeorgeB

• Main Stander
« Reply #15950 on: December 11, 2020, 06:31:15 am »
Can you not enter another ballot if you’ve already had one in a previous ballot?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15951 on: December 11, 2020, 06:56:48 am »
Can you not enter another ballot if you’ve already had one in a previous ballot?

Nope

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #15952 on: December 11, 2020, 11:42:16 am »

There must have been some pot luck in it outside of those certain times because for one of the ACS sales I thought I'd balls up as I slept in and came on just before 8.15.  I had a few browsers open and they varied between a 2 minute wait and over an hour.  Was very very lucky and got in more or less straight away.

Online stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15953 on: December 11, 2020, 02:11:22 pm »
One-in-four chance of being selected again, so only around 6,000 applied again?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15954 on: December 11, 2020, 02:41:21 pm »
Bit surprising although I wonder if a lot fancy the Boxing Day game as well as hoping for the Mancs.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15955 on: December 11, 2020, 04:02:53 pm »
Unsuccessful - but 148 in the list.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15956 on: December 11, 2020, 04:05:33 pm »
If it's anything like the Wolves game you should get a ticket fairly easily

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15957 on: December 11, 2020, 04:15:14 pm »

Yep, but that's effectively an increase in applicants.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #15958 on: December 11, 2020, 04:16:56 pm »
waiting list 1200

Fuck off la

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15959 on: December 11, 2020, 04:26:36 pm »

They had to extend the deadline due to lack of entries