Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2042800 times)

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Frankie Carbone... Freddy No Nose... "Naby Keita is a shithouse, pass it on."
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #15880 on: December 5, 2020, 07:38:22 pm »
Could be wrong but I thought I’d seen when they were looking at 25% Capacity that season tickets and 13+ members would be entered into a ballot and you’d get 1 in every 4 games.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #15881 on: December 5, 2020, 08:36:13 pm »
what?
Sorry mate - thought you meant you were in at 2200 (with 2000 capacity) !   ;D

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #15882 on: December 6, 2020, 06:05:15 pm »
Surely we can have the secret for the old ticket website now?
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15883 on: December 6, 2020, 06:28:34 pm »
Have a safe and amazing time tonight all you lucky ballot winners, sing your hearts out for the champions and for all of us who can't be there.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 6 Euros

• Soon to be worth about a tenner!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15884 on: December 6, 2020, 07:07:02 pm »
Has anyone had any problems with Names not matching going into the ground? For example people who normally share a members card or season ticket.
"The whole of my life, what they wanted was honesty. They were not concerned with cultured football, but with triers who gave one hundred percent." Bob Paisley on the Kop

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #15885 on: December 6, 2020, 07:08:33 pm »
All STs are in one name now so only that person can go atm - or that is my understanding
We are a team of one half.

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #15886 on: December 7, 2020, 01:04:03 pm »
I went last night, but ended up going to the ticket office and getting a paper ticket to get in, because my iphone 5 wouldn't except the bar code they send you after you purchase your ticket. I got there with plenty of time to get in but there wasn't many windows open and it took about 15 minutes to sort out so if your lucky enough to get a ticket for the next match and don't have an up to date phone get there early. Stewards and ticket office staff where fine and helpful no complaint's there.
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15887 on: December 7, 2020, 02:22:21 pm »
Any info on Tottenham ballot? Don't want to miss this registration!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline dr62499

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #15888 on: December 7, 2020, 02:26:41 pm »
I'll post up an explanation after Wolves game is played :D

Hi can you spill the beans on this now?

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #15889 on: December 7, 2020, 02:31:17 pm »
Anyone got an idea of numbers in terms of people who are able to apply for the ballots?

So the 2,000 that went last night can't go again until everyone else has had a go? I'm saving my ballot for the first game after Christmas, if successful I was just curious to see how long i'd be unable to go again

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15890 on: December 7, 2020, 02:58:15 pm »
Anyone got an idea of numbers in terms of people who are able to apply for the ballots?

So the 2,000 that went last night can't go again until everyone else has had a go? I'm saving my ballot for the first game after Christmas, if successful I was just curious to see how long i'd be unable to go again

I don’t think it’s ‘had a go’, I think it’s applied and been successful. If 100% of people who apply get to go to a game, the next game would presumably be open and if it doesn’t have 100% take up the process gets reset. So it’s possible that everyone gets back in quite quickly if people try and cherry pick and play a game of chicken.

Offline includo

• Main Stander
« Reply #15891 on: December 7, 2020, 07:37:27 pm »
How do we reckon European games are going to be allocated?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15892 on: December 7, 2020, 07:52:59 pm »

Hopefully by February a few more are allowed in

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15893 on: December 7, 2020, 11:05:58 pm »

Presumably on a similar basis for those with full European credits?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #15894 on: December 8, 2020, 09:32:45 am »
Hi can you spill the beans on this now?

Will tonight when I am home from work :)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15895 on: December 8, 2020, 02:40:33 pm »
Changed things for the Spurs ballot. So now if you register as a group (with family members/people in your house) you will be successful or unsuccessful together.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #15896 on: December 8, 2020, 03:09:00 pm »

Hopefully those who have full European credits.  Probably still be locals only which is fair enough.

I'd hope that when things are back to some form of normality for the 21/22 season, they'll honour those people who were on the ACS scheme for the 19/20 Champions League, same for FA/League Cup.  PL might be a bit more difficult to do to please everyone tho.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #15897 on: December 8, 2020, 04:14:17 pm »
Hopefully those who have full European credits.  Probably still be locals only which is fair enough.

I'd hope that when things are back to some form of normality for the 21/22 season, they'll honour those people who were on the ACS scheme for the 19/20 Champions League, same for FA/League Cup.  PL might be a bit more difficult to do to please everyone tho.
I'm happy to forgo the cups until we can get full stadiums again. I think they will honour the 19/20 season.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #15898 on: December 8, 2020, 04:27:46 pm »

hopefully mate, would take just cups living back in NI now

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15899 on: December 8, 2020, 05:16:31 pm »

Hoping we get away first leg to push the home game back as possible, in hope that more allowed in and I get a chance.  Got full European credits for years but 18/19 missed the two free for all games due to luck.

I live only a few miles outside the Liverpool city region, so be gutted to qualify and not go with they use it for bigger attendances.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #15900 on: December 8, 2020, 05:23:41 pm »
It would be interesting to see what they do for the European games. I’d assume if it was similar to the way the league tickets have been distributed, do you go to a last 16 home game to potentially miss a home semi final?? A lot of options to weigh up for anyone who’s eligible.

Personally, I’d take what I can get

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15901 on: December 8, 2020, 05:44:22 pm »
Hoping we get away first leg to push the home game back as possible, in hope that more allowed in and I get a chance.  Got full European credits for years but 18/19 missed the two free for all games due to luck.

I live only a few miles outside the Liverpool city region, so be gutted to qualify and not go with they use it for bigger attendances.

Guaranteed home second leg now we have won group which is good news

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15902 on: December 8, 2020, 05:55:26 pm »
I think I’ve come to terms with the fact I’m not going this season. I just hope, first of all, full crowds are back by next August and second of all, with no games counting as credits this season, they use the same criteria for 20/21 as they would have done normally had this never happened.

I did like the all scouse vibe the other night. Hopefully all lads on full credits get to at least a couple before the seasons end and they open it up to those outside Liverpool once they drop tiers

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #15903 on: December 8, 2020, 06:14:08 pm »
I think I’ve come to terms with the fact I’m not going this season. I just hope, first of all, full crowds are back by next August and second of all, with no games counting as credits this season, they use the same criteria for 20/21 as they would have done normally had this never happened.

I did like the all scouse vibe the other night. Hopefully all lads on full credits get to at least a couple before the seasons end and they open it up to those outside Liverpool once they drop tiers
D'you mean 21/22 there mate ? Agree with you though - should be.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15904 on: December 8, 2020, 06:15:01 pm »
Ok, so it’s been requested on here for months to finally reveal the ‘secrets’ of getting past the old ticket website queue and given there has now been a successful sale on the new site, now is probably the time to spill the beans on the method to the madness. I’m hoping this doesn’t come to bite me in the arse by switching back to the old system!

In short, there were several ‘times’ you could enter the pre-queue page and it would put you straight in when the ticket site/queue goes live at 8.15am.

I believe the algorithm for queue position was worked out based on the duration of the pre-queue being up, which for most games was 7.15am on the dot which allowed consistent entry. It was different for sales at 2pm where they may only have a 15 min pre-queue or on members bulk sales it was from 6.30am – I struggled with these ones due to the low frequency of them to do testing.

I work in IT and have access to a large quantity of devices. I use to just get as many in the queue as I could and hope for the best like most do, the reason these people are successful is because of the time it takes to open so many queue entries - they get lucky and catch one of the ‘times’, not due to sheer volume.

One morning I decided to open 1 unique queue entry every 60 seconds from the moment the pre-queue page went live. I had up-to 20 unique entries per device using different chrome ‘users’ I had setup on each PC (depending if it was my own device or a spare one ready to deploy to a user at work, one had 20 some had 4 etc), and what I found is that the first 6 were all over an hour in queue time, the 7th opened at 7.21am got in straight away. 7.22am had a 2-minute queue, 7.23am had around 10 minutes and the times slowly increased until it was back over an hour again. Personally I stuck at these times, but I also found there was a clear ‘opening’ at around the 7.38am mark too but due to having meetings 3 mornings a week between 7.30 and 8, I never explored this time more other than the occasion I mention below. These times stayed the same no matter on which device I was using, network connection or physical location (work or home if on holiday)

So 7.21am… to try and validate this I opened a tab every 30 seconds between 7.15 and 7.30, again the tab I opened around the 7.21 mark was first in, 7.21.30 was also straight in, and so was 7.22. 7.22.30 was a short wait, and then the wait time slowly went up again until over an hour. All entries before 7.21 were over an hour.

The sale after this was a local one and I didn’t require any tickets, so I did the same again but this time focused on finding the unique queue position in the HTML of the page and it confirmed that all entries before 7.21 were put right at the back, and after that they slowly increased again in queue position. I did this check twice myself during the season, and a close friend checked once and found the same results.

After this I wanted to do more digging on the 2nd ‘window’ which was around the 7.38 mark so the next sale when I didn’t have a meeting and didn’t require tickets I went back to the 60 second method. I found that 7.38 and 7.21 got in no queue, 7.39 and 7.22 had short queues of under 5 minutes, and both increased gradually minute by minute till over an hour was hit again. Looking at the HTML the queue positions for 7.22 and 7.39 were in the low hundreds, and as each minute increased (7.23, 7.24 – 7.40, 7.41 etc) the queue positions went up at a very similar rate, with never more than 500 positions separating them, even though they both entered precisely 17 minutes apart.

As the season went on and more and more entries were in the queue, the ‘window’ for getting in no queue shortened from being over a minute to more like 20-30 seconds. The window was slightly larger for the local sales with less people qualifying.

This proved the queue was not random and guaranteed I’d always get in in the additional sales (unless I was late for work :D) I kept my usual amount of sessions and opened them all between 7.18 until I run out, in case the pre-queue time holding page ever altered slightly and it also allowed me to get up to 5 browsers into the site with no queue meaning I could get up to 4 tickets on 5 different logins for people without sitting refreshing.

There’s some people on here who’ve messaged over the last 12 months who guessed it spot on to be down to pre-queue entry times, hopefully this explanation helps you understand how you got lucky!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15905 on: December 8, 2020, 06:26:37 pm »
D'you mean 21/22 there mate ? Agree with you though - should be.

Haha yep

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15906 on: December 8, 2020, 06:30:17 pm »
Ok, so it’s been requested on here for months to finally reveal the ‘secrets’ of getting past the old ticket website queue and given there has now been a successful sale on the new site, now is probably the time to spill the beans on the method to the madness. I’m hoping this doesn’t come to bite me in the arse by switching back to the old system!

In short, there were several ‘times’ you could enter the pre-queue page and it would put you straight in when the ticket site/queue goes live at 8.15am.

I believe the algorithm for queue position was worked out based on the duration of the pre-queue being up, which for most games was 7.15am on the dot which allowed consistent entry. It was different for sales at 2pm where they may only have a 15 min pre-queue or on members bulk sales it was from 6.30am – I struggled with these ones due to the low frequency of them to do testing.

I work in IT and have access to a large quantity of devices. I use to just get as many in the queue as I could and hope for the best like most do, the reason these people are successful is because of the time it takes to open so many queue entries - they get lucky and catch one of the ‘times’, not due to sheer volume.

One morning I decided to open 1 unique queue entry every 60 seconds from the moment the pre-queue page went live. I had up-to 20 unique entries per device using different chrome ‘users’ I had setup on each PC (depending if it was my own device or a spare one ready to deploy to a user at work, one had 20 some had 4 etc), and what I found is that the first 6 were all over an hour in queue time, the 7th opened at 7.21am got in straight away. 7.22am had a 2-minute queue, 7.23am had around 10 minutes and the times slowly increased until it was back over an hour again. Personally I stuck at these times, but I also found there was a clear ‘opening’ at around the 7.38am mark too but due to having meetings 3 mornings a week between 7.30 and 8, I never explored this time more other than the occasion I mention below. These times stayed the same no matter on which device I was using, network connection or physical location (work or home if on holiday)

So 7.21am… to try and validate this I opened a tab every 30 seconds between 7.15 and 7.30, again the tab I opened around the 7.21 mark was first in, 7.21.30 was also straight in, and so was 7.22. 7.22.30 was a short wait, and then the wait time slowly went up again until over an hour. All entries before 7.21 were over an hour.

The sale after this was a local one and I didn’t require any tickets, so I did the same again but this time focused on finding the unique queue position in the HTML of the page and it confirmed that all entries before 7.21 were put right at the back, and after that they slowly increased again in queue position. I did this check twice myself during the season, and a close friend checked once and found the same results.

After this I wanted to do more digging on the 2nd ‘window’ which was around the 7.38 mark so the next sale when I didn’t have a meeting and didn’t require tickets I went back to the 60 second method. I found that 7.38 and 7.21 got in no queue, 7.39 and 7.22 had short queues of under 5 minutes, and both increased gradually minute by minute till over an hour was hit again. Looking at the HTML the queue positions for 7.22 and 7.39 were in the low hundreds, and as each minute increased (7.23, 7.24 – 7.40, 7.41 etc) the queue positions went up at a very similar rate, with never more than 500 positions separating them, even though they both entered precisely 17 minutes apart.

As the season went on and more and more entries were in the queue, the ‘window’ for getting in no queue shortened from being over a minute to more like 20-30 seconds. The window was slightly larger for the local sales with less people qualifying.

This proved the queue was not random and guaranteed I’d always get in in the additional sales (unless I was late for work :D) I kept my usual amount of sessions and opened them all between 7.18 until I run out, in case the pre-queue time holding page ever altered slightly and it also allowed me to get up to 5 browsers into the site with no queue meaning I could get up to 4 tickets on 5 different logins for people without sitting refreshing.

There’s some people on here who’ve messaged over the last 12 months who guessed it spot on to be down to pre-queue entry times, hopefully this explanation helps you understand how you got lucky!

I always joined the queue bang on 7.15 to the second. I never got straight in but I always got a good time.

I knew there was a magic ‘straight in’ time so a bit like you I created 60 different profiles in Chrome and I joined the queue every minute from 7.15 to 8.15 until I figured the correct time.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15907 on: December 8, 2020, 06:32:19 pm »
Explains the shorter queue times i got in 17-18 when i didnt bother getting up till 7:20, got like 5 games straight all under 30 mins queue on the morning of the sale, think i got 1/12 on the actual sale day last season when i joined at 7:15 all the time

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15908 on: December 8, 2020, 06:38:08 pm »
Everyone has been asking for the secret for months but he gave it away already just by saying ‘the queue isn’t random’

Everyone was utterly convinced that it was so no-one twigged on. If the queue isn’t random then that means there is a specific time to join the front of the queue

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15909 on: December 8, 2020, 06:41:38 pm »
Explains the shorter queue times i got in 17-18 when i didnt bother getting up till 7:20, got like 5 games straight all under 30 mins queue on the morning of the sale, think i got 1/12 on the actual sale day last season when i joined at 7:15 all the time

You were probably only a few seconds away from getting at least one tab with 20 mins or less. Its what I used to always get in with

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15910 on: December 8, 2020, 06:49:26 pm »
You were probably only a few seconds away from getting at least one tab with 20 mins or less. Its what I used to always get in with
yeah tbf I'm not sure why i started opening tabs right when the queue opened but it never clicked for me, I always use to open tabs then sleep for an hour, i thought i had it so easy in 17-18 when all i saw was people complaining about over an hour and I'd never seen it, next 2 seasons I got it everytime

Offline JoeKopite

• Kemlynite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #15911 on: December 8, 2020, 06:51:30 pm »
I always joined the queue bang on 7.15 to the second. I never got straight in but I always got a good time.

I knew there was a magic ‘straight in’ time so a bit like you I created 60 different profiles in Chrome and I joined the queue every minute from 7.15 to 8.15 until I figured the correct time.

Nice one! I didn't spot the accurate times as you did, but at the end of the day my method was not too far from yours.

I used to enter the preque with several devices in different times over the span 7.15-7.30, with great results actually, even though getting in straight away was quite rare, but queues like 1 to 5 minutes were quite common for me.

The second "right time" you mentioned explains why sometimes I'd had some good shots even joining the pre-queue slightly later than usual.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2020, 06:55:41 pm by JoeKopite »

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15912 on: December 8, 2020, 07:09:54 pm »
Have the emails gone out to apply for the spurs game? Haven't had one yet? Wolves one came out pretty sharpish? Seen the release in official site saying can apply until 3pm tomorrow?
PSN:lr3487

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #15913 on: December 8, 2020, 07:10:05 pm »
Finally. Some closure haha
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #15914 on: December 8, 2020, 07:12:08 pm »
If only I could now find out if 12 credits from 19/20 will be enough, I might actually get some sleep again

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15915 on: December 8, 2020, 07:25:27 pm »
Fab! Thanks for finally putting it to bed. Never thought it would be as simple as that to be honest. I was trying all sorts of things and could never crack it. Proves what an actual piece of crap they had though. When they'd worked out that people knew the queue was basically first come first served from the time they closed the site they looks to have had some poor excuse for a random hybrid queue developed that wasn't actually random at all.

Towards the end of the TalentSport ticket site for me anyway it was just genuinely broken. Anyone know if there was there a way to beat the site when the blocks appeared red but no dropdown appeared so you couldn't actually click on them to get seats? Pissed me off no end having no way of knowing whether or not when the blocks appeared if I'd be able to get one or not. Then just being angry when they did appear but no actual way to get one. And despite providing proof of this to the club they just dismissed it.
Also think that the dropdowns were broken towards the end as well. I used to be very good at using the dropdowns in record times to get seats when the returns appeared, but then towards the end it seemed the only way was to click on the block and select a seat which was much harder as no matter what I tried the dropdown said that there were no seats available, even though I could then click on the block and get one!

Be interesting to see how the 'queue-it' queue works on the new site when we properly get going. I know from using it on other sites it shows your unique queueID on the page so we'll have to see if we can crack this one or if it is truly random

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #15916 on: December 8, 2020, 07:34:36 pm »
Nice one! I didn't spot the accurate times as you did, but at the end of the day my method was not too far from yours.

I used to enter the preque with several devices in different times over the span 7.15-7.30, with great results actually, even though getting in straight away was quite rare, but queues like 1 to 5 minutes were quite common for me.

The second "right time" you mentioned explains why sometimes I'd had some good shots even joining the pre-queue slightly later than usual.

Likewise for me. I’d have a few devices open at random times from 7.15 onwards. Explains I guess why some where great and others over an hour

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15917 on: December 8, 2020, 07:36:29 pm »
« Last Edit: December 8, 2020, 09:24:15 pm by scouser102002 »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15918 on: December 8, 2020, 07:39:22 pm »
Fuck I'm praying we never go back to that system now :D

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15919 on: December 8, 2020, 07:45:16 pm »
Fuck I'm praying we never go back to that system now :D

Hahaha would have to report the bugs to LFC so they can 'fix' them and create more in the process  :butt