Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara  (Read 805642 times)

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Reply #5600 on: May 23, 2022, 01:15:07 pm »
Klopp doesn't like them not to have trained but can see him hectoring thiago into going for it on this occasion.

Don't think he will at all to be honest. The players health is more important than one game no matter how huge it is. If he's fit he'll play and if he's not he's not. The game itself could go to extra time and with Madrid having had ample rest the last few weeks the last thing we need is to start a player who might pull up after 10 minutes and we are down a sub already.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5601 on: May 23, 2022, 01:22:38 pm »
If thiago ruptured his achilles he would have left on a stretcher.

It's likely tendonitis he has which is a bitch but he could definitely play in the final with that I would have thought

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5602 on: May 23, 2022, 01:30:46 pm »
Don't think he will at all to be honest. The players health is more important than one game no matter how huge it is. If he's fit he'll play and if he's not he's not. The game itself could go to extra time and with Madrid having had ample rest the last few weeks the last thing we need is to start a player who might pull up after 10 minutes and we are down a sub already.

it was a pun on the word 'hector'.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5603 on: May 23, 2022, 01:36:45 pm »

We are allowed 5 subs and extra one if it goes in to extra time.

I think he will be a part of the squad for the final as we are allowing about 12 subs on the bench but it all depends what he is like come Thursday if he starts or not. Hopefully, he recovers in time or we can inject him with pain killers.

I would rather him start then have to sub in off if needs be. He's vital to us at this moment.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5604 on: May 23, 2022, 01:50:51 pm »
Klopp doesn't like them not to have trained but can see him hectoring thiago into going for it on this occasion.

Quite appropriate that we're going to Paris for this.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5605 on: May 23, 2022, 01:51:58 pm »
I am surprised that there aren't more Achilles puns being made. Given the odyssey we are on, you would expect that Madrid will find a new heel to play the bad guy and try to injury Thiago if he plays.

After all, we are playing in Paris!
Quite appropriate that we're going to Paris for this.

you have to read the thread!

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5606 on: May 23, 2022, 01:57:06 pm »
I reckon he'll feature

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5607 on: May 23, 2022, 02:04:04 pm »
If thiago ruptured his achilles he would have left on a stretcher.

It's likely tendonitis he has which is a bitch but he could definitely play in the final with that I would have thought

IF its tendonitis, few days with his legs up and some ice will hopefully sort it out, may need a few more days than we can spare though and doubt he will have much time to train. Definitely not too serious and can only hope for the best.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #5608 on: May 23, 2022, 02:04:15 pm »
Whatever it takes. Thiago is of Priam importance for us

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5609 on: May 23, 2022, 02:06:56 pm »
It’s hard to avoid the obvious ones though isn’t it? I’m all out of ideas here but my Brummie mate says he’ll give it a Troy.

An endless, Odyssean melange of poor punnery had Ajax qualified...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5610 on: May 23, 2022, 02:08:48 pm »
Whatever it takes. Thiago is of Priam importance for us

With his achilles issue, the question is will he add enough to the team to be worth the risk. The game's being played in Paris, and Thiago has tended to be something of a homer as far as his performances go.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5611 on: May 23, 2022, 02:11:29 pm »
So much hate for moi when evrey one of you think the same as me in reality.  :D

Milner's job is to come on, get a yellow and close out games for us. Not start the biggest game in club football. 

Good to see Thiago's not seriously hurt.

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #5612 on: May 23, 2022, 02:18:51 pm »
With his achilles issue, the question is will he add enough to the team to be worth the risk. The game's being played in Paris, and Thiago has tended to be something of a homer as far as his performances go.

Epic tragedy if he can’t play. That’s all I’m saying

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5613 on: May 23, 2022, 02:19:47 pm »
Haven't beaten Man City or Chelsea in the league with him in our lineup. Beating the big teams was our strength when we had Gini. Thiago offers plenty against weaker teams, he won't be missed against the elite.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5614 on: May 23, 2022, 02:21:37 pm »
An endless, Odyssean melange of poor punnery had Ajax qualified...

Or if Diomede and Agger-memnon still played for us.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #5615 on: May 23, 2022, 02:22:03 pm »
I'll be visiting every temple near me and praying for Thiago to start this weekend.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5616 on: May 23, 2022, 02:22:06 pm »
Haven't beaten Man City or Chelsea in the league with him in our lineup. Beating the big teams was our strength when we had Gini. Thiago offers plenty against weaker teams, he won't be missed against the elite.

:o
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5617 on: May 23, 2022, 02:23:01 pm »
He only started one of those games and came on against City with about fifteen to go.
AHA!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5618 on: May 23, 2022, 02:30:28 pm »
I’m appalled. It’s abhorrent. The sheer evil of making slightly unfairly negative comments on a forum. And utilising hyperbole, that really isn’t on.
people who do that should be put to death.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5619 on: May 23, 2022, 02:37:17 pm »
I'll be visiting every temple near me and praying for Thiago to start this weekend.

Good. Just a few days until the final, so get your ares moving.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5620 on: May 23, 2022, 02:45:56 pm »

There's definitely something to be said for having the confidence to emphatically double down on this :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5621 on: May 23, 2022, 03:12:55 pm »

Bastion of Stupidity? absurdity? Ludicrosity?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5622 on: May 23, 2022, 03:20:32 pm »
Bastion of Stupidity? absurdity? Ludicrosity?
Reminds me of this guy reading that.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5623 on: May 23, 2022, 03:25:35 pm »

If he's in any way ready to play, he's gotta start. Better to have to sub him off and lose one sub, rather than to sub him on and then have to sub him off shortly after.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5624 on: May 23, 2022, 03:27:37 pm »
Is there some sort of prize money for typing out the most ridiculously stupid, inaccurate post on here.

Been some crackers the last few days.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5625 on: May 23, 2022, 03:40:48 pm »
Is there some sort of prize money for typing out the most ridiculously stupid, inaccurate post on here.

Been some crackers the last few days.

Thank you for reading.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5626 on: May 23, 2022, 04:27:01 pm »
I reckon he'll feature

I'd be surprised as I'm Thiago has proven a slow healer in the past. A fully fit Keita will be better than a half fit Thiago that pulls up after 30 minutes. That said, the fact the injury is not serious is brillant news as gives the possibility he can play some part as a sub.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5627 on: May 23, 2022, 04:32:21 pm »
With it being the last game of the season and the biggest club final you can play in, if there is a chance he can get on the pitch even for half an hour then we will risk him. Don't forget with the option of 5 subs you have a bit more wiggle room. Hopefully he's fit enough to either start for an hour or come on later on when the pace has slowed and he can dictate with his passing with runners around him.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5628 on: May 24, 2022, 05:58:02 am »
I'd be surprised as I'm Thiago has proven a slow healer in the past. A fully fit Keita will be better than a half fit Thiago that pulls up after 30 minutes. That said, the fact the injury is not serious is brillant news as gives the possibility he can play some part as a sub.

Well there you have it folks, straight from the horses mouth. ;D

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5629 on: May 24, 2022, 06:22:28 am »

Hope they use the Trojan Horse placenta to sort it out quickly..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #5630 on: May 24, 2022, 06:34:45 am »
Hope they use the Trojan Horse placenta to sort it out quickly..

Wouldn't want that, might come with a nasty hidden surprise.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5631 on: May 24, 2022, 06:41:30 am »
Wouldn't want that, might come with a nasty hidden surprise.

For Madrid..  ;)
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5632 on: May 24, 2022, 08:15:57 am »

Except for Sept 2020, Chelsea 0 - 2 Liverpool when he came on as sub for Hendo at 0-0 and he bossed the game?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5633 on: May 24, 2022, 09:35:11 am »
Will Thiago heel in time? Thetis the question.  And its Tantalus-ing for fans.

Personally, I'm convinced he'll go directly to Paris with the Chiron. It's his last stand.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 09:39:15 am by FLRed67 »

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5634 on: May 24, 2022, 09:55:11 am »
I don't get all these Achilles puns. It's all Greek to me.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #5635 on: May 24, 2022, 10:37:58 am »
Beware of web forum Greeks bearing Gifs.

Just remember this.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5636 on: May 24, 2022, 11:18:20 am »
Was anyone else fuming with him for walking off rather than going down and staying down so we could get a replacement on? Get the stretcher on if you have to! Just me? ;D

Love you Thiago, but fucking hell mate, we had a game to win and we were down to 10 for a couple of minutes there!
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5637 on: May 24, 2022, 05:49:03 pm »
Was anyone else fuming with him for walking off rather than going down and staying down so we could get a replacement on? Get the stretcher on if you have to! Just me? ;D

Love you Thiago, but fucking hell mate, we had a game to win and we were down to 10 for a couple of minutes there!

My interpretation is he knew we were close to half time and wanted to get the injury looked at asap. At that stage we couldn’t be sure he wouldn’t be ok to start the second half
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5638 on: May 24, 2022, 08:55:42 pm »

It was so close to half time it better not use the sub. I think it was like 1 or 2 minutes and at one point Liverpool CBs where just standing with ball like Ref Blow the whistle we just want to get Halftime.
Evaluate  at Halftime and make a change

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #5639 on: May 24, 2022, 09:34:03 pm »

I was a bit miffed but put it down to alcohol, the fact Villa were in front and had just witnessed a master at work...Thiago is the coolest man on the planet, like. He walked off mumbling to himself to be met by the boss who looked a bit miffed himself. Then he had a change of heart and at one point seemed like he was trying to get back on! It was all a bit much for me so I cracked open another Estrella and went outside for a cheroot and a mess about with the dog, mumbling to myself, meself. Next time I spotted him on the telly, he was shedding a few tears...again and I thought, that's his lot, out the final, a final he would have relished and bossed and won the fucking thing on his own. He's that good. I love him dearly as I did the Studge. Similarities there me thinks. They know when they are right and not so and who the fuck can argue with that, eh?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same