Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 167651 times)

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #120 on: November 9, 2016, 07:33:47 am »
Yes.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2016, 09:36:20 am by Frizzo »

Offline Jim Pooley

• Not quite fit enough for walking football
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Still can't afford an avatar.
« Reply #121 on: November 9, 2016, 08:06:37 am »
I'm nervous before each game.  But the moment the lads in red start passing and moving, it's sheer joy.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 9, 2016, 08:14:44 am »
Its our only solace right now.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: November 9, 2016, 09:30:06 am »
Yes.
Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Frizzo: No-one cares about you using Samsung, or that shite Tapatalk interface. Edit your phone's auto insert.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 9, 2016, 09:37:07 am »
Frizzo: No-one cares about you using Samsung, or that shite Tapatalk interface. Edit your phone's auto insert.
Sorry hero. New tablet. Didn't notice.

Well done on drawing attention to it and giving them more bang for their buck.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #125 on: November 9, 2016, 09:52:44 am »
Am loving watching us play at the moment

Love the optimism around the club too....not quite on the 'we're-gonna-win-the-league' train yet but I know myself and it'll take time. Feb/March next year if we are still top of the table or in/around the top I will be hopping on board for the run in.

But yeah....don't think it's right or wrong to be fully buying into us winning the league or being pessimistic about it....shouldn't define whether or not you enjoy what's going on right now, and that's Liverpool FC smashing the shit out of teams  :D
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #126 on: November 9, 2016, 09:59:32 am »
In a Whatsapp group with a bunch of Mancs and Bluenoses.

All the talk this morning is about the US election result being totally depressing.

That was until one of the Mancs said "None of it is worse than Liverpool being top of the league."

Instantaneously I felt 1000% better.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #127 on: November 9, 2016, 11:16:25 am »
It's a tale of contradictions and conflicts for me.

Yes, I am loving the football we play and watching replays with a smile on my face but I am pretty anxious before the match and before we score. I feel like I can only enjoy it when we have the lead, and relax properly when the game is won.

I didn't feel this way this early in 13/14, mainly because the expectation was so low. We didn't have a hope of the title at the time so it wasn't in our thinking.

Even though the circumstances are similar that we are very much a work in progress, losing in 13/14 has increased the desperation to end the wait and that is what is driving our expectations at this time.

Of course, the other similarities are obvious and the questions that we asked in the spring of 2014 about capturing the moment are being asked already. As much as you know this club under Klopp is on an upward curve, history also tells us that you never know whether next season would play out in the same way.

One of my biggest wishes has been to "reset the clock" - and until we get that monkey off our back, we'll never be able to truly enjoy it. In the same way that 2007 didn't crush me because we had won the CL in 2005, a title win would set us up for years to come.

Again, most of this is unfair on Klopp and the team as the reality is that development-wise anything we do is in hope and ahead of schedule.

Fuck it, lets get his intl break out the way and go for more goals!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #128 on: November 9, 2016, 11:25:16 am »
Its our only solace right now.

I feel you.

This whole day I've just been thinking.. "Thank fuck for the team's playing well."

Offline InRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #129 on: November 9, 2016, 07:22:46 pm »
Yeah!  After the roller coaster that was 13/14 I promised myself if we played that way again I would just enjoy it. 

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #130 on: November 9, 2016, 07:35:38 pm »
Despite many false dawns over the years, this season feels different somehow.

I'm less nervous before and during a game, and always feel we'll create chances and score, even if we fall behind. Either that, or I know Jurgen will give a team talk at half time or make changes to players/formations to get the result.

Defeats or falling short after a long title run will always be painful, but its better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline RubenScouse

• Boys Pen
« Reply #131 on: November 9, 2016, 08:03:38 pm »
Damn right I'm enjoying it and even the occasional game we drop points in won't dampen it either because finally our players know how good they are and what they're capable of.

This isn't a one season wonder type squad, this a squad coming together, learning together, growing together, devoping and improving together. 

We will continue to get better this season, there will be no drop off in quality, intensity or application.  They know they're good enough to win things now, last season I don't think they did, so they didn't, even when the opportunity presented itself, twice.

That's not going to happen now.  The belief is there.  The drive and determination is there.  The performances and results are there.

It's all good and this fucking train just keeps rolling on.  Jump on board, it's a blast  :wave

^Wot he said  :D

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 9, 2016, 08:06:07 pm »
I'm loving it but I get where OP's coming from with his angst. Everything really really matters when you're up at the top, there's no shrugging of the shoulders, and we can see that it's going to be a very tight race. If we are in the mix come March, which I think we will be, the anxiety will be unbearable. 13/14 gave me PTSD that I'll never get over until 19's in the bag

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 9, 2016, 08:51:41 pm »
I enjoy every game we play, even if we lose, as long as we try and play reasonably well, apart from games against the red Mancs. I cant seem to settle down and watch us against them without being worried even if we are winning. I always think that they will get a spawny result against us. Once the game is over and I know the result I can watch it again as I would any other game.
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2016, 06:17:30 am »
I'm loving it but I get where OP's coming from with his angst. Everything really really matters when you're up at the top, there's no shrugging of the shoulders, and we can see that it's going to be a very tight race. If we are in the mix come March, which I think we will be, the anxiety will be unbearable. 13/14 gave me PTSD that I'll never get over until 19's in the bag

This is exactly how I feel. Falling short at the death still hurts, badly. I can't entertain any thoughts of 'is this our year?'. I just can't.

I also feel uncomfortable at looking ahead to a bunch of 'winnable' games. Some here say we should win every game up to City on NYE. I have fallen into that trap before. I can't then enjoy a game as much because the goal is bigger than a single game. We might have beat X, but it is Y next, then the bitters, etc ...

No, I'm just basking in our 6-1 romp and am eager (how many sleeps is it?) for Southampton V Liverpool, hoping for another glorious win, or even a gritty win. That way, for me, the goal right now is beating the Saints. End of. It helps me enjoy our wonderful football all the more.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:21:46 am by Hunts Cross »

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
  • Scousers Rule The Country - Kop STH
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2016, 03:05:54 pm »
The man who inspired Southampon's win over us last season, which team does he play for now  ;)

Fenerbahce ;D
Liverpool is a soul mate, you can never fall out of love.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2016, 05:02:50 pm »
just about. i am kinda distanced from it this year with some personal stuff on but sunday provided a welcome distraction
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2016, 05:06:15 pm »
I would be loving it even more if there was no bloody useless Internationals getting in the way of watching proper football

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2016, 05:09:55 pm »
Really enjoying it, and the admiration from elsewhere. Kinda feeling a bit worried now though, as people might consider it an unsuccessful season if we don't finish first in the League. People are tipping us for it, it seems opposition fans have 'resigned' themselves to it and a lot of fans believe we can do it. If we finished in the top four, that's still a brilliant achievement and a massive improvement on where we finished last season.

I'm just trying to enjoy every game and every goal and live for the here and the now.

I do get a bit grumpy at the title talk though, as if you read a lot of other fans' opinions, and I have started to, a lot think it's inevitable. Which gives them a stick to beat LFC with if we don't go and win.

I personally don't think we should think about the title - just focus on the games and see where we are come April.

Offline Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2016, 05:13:25 pm »

Completely agree with this, mainly because I know we have a real good chance this year and every game I'm bricking it till we score and the floodgates open.  Wouldn't want it any other way though.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2016, 05:29:23 pm »
Really enjoying it, and the admiration from elsewhere. Kinda feeling a bit worried now though, as people might consider it an unsuccessful season if we don't finish first in the League. People are tipping us for it, it seems opposition fans have 'resigned' themselves to it and a lot of fans believe we can do it. If we finished in the top four, that's still a brilliant achievement and a massive improvement on where we finished last season.

I'm just trying to enjoy every game and every goal and live for the here and the now.

I do get a bit grumpy at the title talk though, as if you read a lot of other fans' opinions, and I have started to, a lot think it's inevitable. Which gives them a stick to beat LFC with if we don't go and win.

I personally don't think we should think about the title - just focus on the games and see where we are come April.

Yes, it's a double edged sword. We do have some very entitled fans now, and there will be all sorts of nonsense if we don't go the distance. That said, Rodgers got a few games the following season before people started on him, so who knows?

For me, it's about enjoying it game by game, especially at this stage of the season. We're still blinking in the early morning sunshine of this campaign, still wiping the sleep from the corner of our eyes and scratching our bumcracks. (In an ideal world we do this in that order and don't develop conjunctivitis.)

No title talk can be taken seriously before the turn of the year, and it's usually March before the contenders really start to put some distance from the chasing pack. We're playing great football, we're a lot of fun to watch, we're battering all and sundry with some panache and flair, scoring goals like nobodies business and keeping it just tidy enough at the other end.

Compared to everything else in the world at the moment, Liverpool FC is an oasis of pleasure.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2016, 05:56:58 pm »
I'm loving it. Yes it is nerve wracking and there's a degree of pressure but that's part of the lot of being a football fan. Even when we've been underperforming in the league in recent seasons I've felt a degree of nervousness before games. In fact, it was probably worse because we never knew what to expect of the team. Klopp has managed to fill me full of confidence as much as he has the players. I view games much more positively now and take confidence from the fact a draw or a defeat is more than likely an aberration as opposed to the beginning of a poor run or symptomatic of a deeper crisis as has been the case too often in the past. Long may it continue!

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2016, 06:10:07 pm »

I see more about Oppo fans laughing at us talking about this is our year, 11 games in.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2016, 06:32:07 pm »
I see more about Oppo fans laughing at us talking about this is our year, 11 games in.

Most Liverpool fans I know have never used that expression. It's become more of an opposition fan myth as opposed to an actual reality.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2016, 09:25:31 am »
Most Liverpool fans I know have never used that expression. It's become more of an opposition fan myth as opposed to an actual reality.

In my initial post, I had written 'this is our year' instead of 'opposition fans have resigned themselves to it' but changed it, as I would hate for someone to look at that and think, 'See! They do think it's their year!' When in truth, it only ever comes from opposition fans and that's what I tried to highlight, but couldn't be bothered with it being misinterpreted.

Heard and seen it so much recently, but never from our own.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2016, 05:34:36 pm »

Ah mate, you've set me off again. Already written in here once but now you've got me casting my mind back to my own PTSD and the feeling and emotion that came before it.

I'm sitting here just reminiscing on the run in back then. I remember celebrating Barkey's Everton goal like it was Gerrard at the Kop end! Or in the days before the final day, just praying for a Carroll hat trick as unlikely as it was. Just hoping that sheer determined will of mind could catapult that extraordinary event into actually happening.

But to go slightly further back, it's some of the other games that I recall more, some without even watching them! I remember getting goal updates from games where Sunderland were against Chelsea and Man City and 'fighting for their lives' in the relegation scrap. I mean, the vibration on my phone would go off in my pocket and I'd think "Fuck fuck fuck, a goals gone in here. Please, please, please not them!". The heart would quicken immediately, begin to almost beat out of my chest, sweat forming instantly on my now clammy palms. All this for what I expected to be a mere fleeting moment of hope before reading the writing on the wall (or more appropriately on my iPhone) that City or Chelsea have scored another, and for the excitement and tension to evaporate as quickly as it arrived and to sit there dejected and think 'it's just never going to happen is it?'. Only in these particular incidences to energetically whip the phone out of my pocket, inspect the screen, frantically double check what I was reading and note which team had definitely scored and that it wasn't an own goal and then shout in the faces of my mates "Sunderland have levelled!!" or "Sunderland are fucking winning lads!!".

I vividly remember being in a pub having a few beers in the evening while at Uni and just going absolutely mental when it came in that Wickham or Borini had scored. It must have looked absolutely hilarious to other people frequenting that boozer because we'd be somewhere where the football wasn't on and it'd be fairly muted before suddenly the three of us are bouncing up and down in the pub hugging and shouting as people look over like "What the fucking hell are they happy about?".

Oh god, you've almost got me right back in that very moment Mumm-Ra. I want that feeling back again! I don't think anything quite compares to being in the hunt. Obviously our games are absolutely vital, that goes without saying, but other games really take on a magnitude and an importance that they simply just don't in other seasons. And I think right now you sort of go "Oh great, Middlesbrough have equalised in the last minute against City" and you're pretty happy about it but no more than that. Even I am willing to admit that it's too early to know for certain whether it will matter later in the season or not.

But when you are in that moment towards the end of the season and when you are in that situation where you are relying on other teams to help you out, it's absolutely crazy how much other games begin to dominate your week as well as the Reds. Who are they playing? What's their form like? Is anyone important injured? What do we know about suspensions? Do we reckon they can get something? I thought Sunderland would get fuck all from both. It's why it absolutely went off when they ended up taking points off both. A draw against City and a win against Chelsea.

Going the other way, the vibration of the phone, the nerves setting in again, who has scored this time? Oh. Oh no. No, no no! "Lads, Nasri's equalised". Dreading it. Expecting it. Just waiting for the confirmation that they've got a third and they've won and all the enjoyment of Sunderland's goals? For nothing. We sat there for the agonising last two minutes of normal time before I announced that there was five minutes added on. Five minutes! One the best teams in the league at home against one of the worst teams in the league with a whole five minutes to get another. Just a matter of time surely? So we waited. It's all you can do when you can't watch the match. We waited for the phone to light up and confirm City had snatched a winner after their late, late equaliser. The phone lit up. Full time 2-2. They couldn't do it. They'd dropped two points at home to Sunderland! A couple of beers turned into a few more than a couple I can assure you.

Obviously we had 08/09 but those pesky Red Mancs never did quite lose or draw one of the important games we hoped they would in Villa or Spurs for example. In 13/14, it was all in the balance during our winning streak right up until it was snatched cruelly away against Chelsea. I guess you have to be in the title race or a relegation battle to truly understand it. I think that season I only ever began to. As it's nothing like the team you're challenging for 4th position against going behind, because ultimately staying up or winning the league title means absolutely everything whereas fourth is just a generally good season. The Champagne isn't popped for fourth lads.

I want it back even if I'll be sick to my stomach as soon as it arrives. That "I can't focus on anything for longer than two minutes without going back and checking the various permutations and the fixture lists for the tenth time that day" feeling. That agonising wait for the weekend, going through every possible scenario for the match this weekend feeling.

But ultimately, despite losing Suarez that summer and thinking title challenges were off the cards for a long, long time, that season ultimately whetted my appetite for that feeling again whenever it eventually came around next in my life, even if I was 40, 50 or 60 (I was 27 in 2014). I reckon I became even more envious and jealous of the Red Mancs after that. Not just for the title's that they've actually won, but for how that back straight must have felt when they were in the hunt in March, April and in May whether they won or lost at the end of each particular season over the last couple of decades.

I guess we're all enjoying it now. No real pressure, everything's a bonus if we're above fourth, but if we can carry like this till later down the track then suddenly it's absolutely everything. Sorry guys but when it gets to March I want us all to be panic stricken, overjoyed, despairing, emboldened, buoyant, calm, anxious and everything in between because it'll mean it matters and most important of all? It'll mean we have a chance.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 07:12:17 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2016, 06:27:40 pm »
Hij: breathe in ... breathe out ... breathe in .... breathe out.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2016, 06:31:23 pm »
God bless Kloppo.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2016, 06:36:48 pm »
Hij: breathe in ... breathe out ... breathe in .... breathe out.
;D

Someone get me some oxygen!

Klopp might say "we start to play very emotional football", well I'll start to write very emotional posts  ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:50:52 pm by Hij »

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2016, 06:51:21 pm »

I guess we're all enjoying it now. No real pressure, everything's a bonus if we're above fourth, but if we can carry like this till later down the track then suddenly it's absolutely everything. Sorry guys but when it gets to March I want us all to be panic stricken, overjoyed, despairing, emboldened, buoyant, calm, anxious and everything in between because it'll mean it matters and most important of all? It'll mean we have a chance.

Brings back memories of the shithouse thread

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2016, 06:52:26 pm »
Marry me Hij?

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2016, 07:08:47 pm »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2016, 07:11:22 pm »
:lmao

Will every proposal I make end up in laughter. :(

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2016, 09:25:42 am »
The closer crunch time gets, the whole kicking back with a lazy beer and beaming grin on my face watching us play thing will transform into something much more stressful, I do acknowledge that.

Fate has deemed crossing that Rubicon and actually lifting number 19 to be a task of Herculean proportions, which we are tantalised with time and again with a brilliant-but-ultimately-fruitless season featuring a brilliant-but-fatally-flawed Liverpool side, often with fuckloads of real human drama going on in the background (think of our legendary former captain's personal connection to Hillsborough while it was making huge ripples in the news worldwide), and the big red self-destruct button pressed directly after in the following season. That definitive Achilles arrow moment which always proves us to be mere mortals beneath all the magical strength, and has us watching helplessly in convalescence while the likes of Blackburn Rovers to Leicester City manage to cross the line for their one-time-only big moment. Old-grudge fuckers like Manchester United and Arsenal consistently edging us, looking to bypass our record of domestic supremacy (the Govan tramp et al went and did it pretty much unopposed, the fucking cunts, and the Arse looked pretty threatening in that regard too at one point early in the millenium), then new-oil-money twats like Chelsea and Manchester City even popped in and did us over in the end too, when our traditional rivals were having their own complete shitshow of a season.

As time goes on and that cycle seems to continually repeat, the more it's gona matter inside whenever we look like we're actually on the precipice, closer than ever before (although I'm not sure how much closer you could possibly get than we did in 13/14). You feel we need that one massive talent & character to push us all over that line, it was nearly Suarez and it was nearly Gerrard and it was nearly Hyypia, nearly Rafa, Houllier, Rodgers. There's a real sense in the air now with Klopp and our formidable gegenpress attacking chimera that we can break that cycle, the one that has us gloriously pulling an Icarus in the league and then taking half a decade+ to recover and go for it again.

No matter how nail-bitingly tense it gets this time though, I'm looking to enjoy that nervous-excitement feeling more than ever now. Imagine never having that rollercoaster ride, or missing out on the single time your team experiences it in their entire history. Our generation is in a position now where we could be looking at many more of those wild rides with the crazy cat we have in charge, so we better get the stomach for it sharpish; we have to find our sea legs again for these title squalls, no more milquetoast landlubber shite.  ;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2016, 06:32:57 pm »
The closer crunch time gets, the whole kicking back with a lazy beer and beaming grin on my face watching us play thing will transform into something much more stressful, I do acknowledge that.

Fate has deemed crossing that Rubicon and actually lifting number 19 to be a task of Herculean proportions, which we are tantalised with time and again with a brilliant-but-ultimately-fruitless season featuring a brilliant-but-fatally-flawed Liverpool side, often with fuckloads of real human drama going on in the background (think of our legendary former captain's personal connection to Hillsborough while it was making huge ripples in the news worldwide), and the big red self-destruct button pressed directly after in the following season. That definitive Achilles arrow moment which always proves us to be mere mortals beneath all the magical strength, and has us watching helplessly in convalescence while the likes of Blackburn Rovers to Leicester City manage to cross the line for their one-time-only big moment. Old-grudge fuckers like Manchester United and Arsenal consistently edging us, looking to bypass our record of domestic supremacy (the Govan tramp et al went and did it pretty much unopposed, the fucking cunts, and the Arse looked pretty threatening in that regard too at one point early in the millenium), then new-oil-money twats like Chelsea and Manchester City even popped in and did us over in the end too, when our traditional rivals were having their own complete shitshow of a season.

As time goes on and that cycle seems to continually repeat, the more it's gona matter inside whenever we look like we're actually on the precipice, closer than ever before (although I'm not sure how much closer you could possibly get than we did in 13/14). You feel we need that one massive talent & character to push us all over that line, it was nearly Suarez and it was nearly Gerrard and it was nearly Hyypia, nearly Rafa, Houllier, Rodgers. There's a real sense in the air now with Klopp and our formidable gegenpress attacking chimera that we can break that cycle, the one that has us gloriously pulling an Icarus in the league and then taking half a decade+ to recover and go for it again.

No matter how nail-bitingly tense it gets this time though, I'm looking to enjoy that nervous-excitement feeling more than ever now. Imagine never having that rollercoaster ride, or missing out on the single time your team experiences it in their entire history. Our generation is in a position now where we could be looking at many more of those wild rides with the crazy cat we have in charge, so we better get the stomach for it sharpish; we have to find our sea legs again for these title squalls, no more milquetoast landlubber shite.  ;D
:wellin

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2016, 06:48:48 pm »
How can you not enjoy it? Got to be one miserable sod if you don't. And if you can't get carried away in moments like this then when can you? The reds are playing great football. Football that you can really enjoy, football to get excited about. Stuff that gives you withdrawals when it's not on and that makes you crave  the next game.

Perhaps you've got friends, family or work colleagues who are taking the piss out of you at the moment with the "might as well give them the title now" "Whens the open top bus making an appearance" or the old classic "It's your year again eh". Just ignore them and enjoy the moment. They're only jealous of the way we playing, the talent we have and the manager we have got. Up the reds!
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2016, 07:02:43 pm »
Haemoglobin,

Milquetoast: you taught me a word. Thanks

A person who is timid or submissive

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2016, 07:41:08 pm »
Definitely enjoying and appreciating the manager we have and the football we play under him. However, I will always be nervous before a game where points or progression is involved (I think the day that stops, is the day I stop enjoying football to be honest).
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2016, 09:11:31 pm »
I would be loving it even more if there was no bloody useless Internationals getting in the way of watching proper football
It helps when all the goals are scored by Liverpool players...

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2016, 09:52:20 pm »
Not enjoying it at all.

This season has totally destroyed football for me.

I can no longer watch any game bar ours and not say " why the fuck isn't he pressing "

" why didn't they just string 15 passes together "

And above all why I keep thinking why haven't they got a player who permanently just jinks in from the wing and scores Worldies every week.
"Ohhh-kayyy"