Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Man United: Half-time...  (Read 201448 times)

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United 15th October 12:45
« Reply #1880 on: October 14, 2011, 11:19:01 pm »
Form, fitness,  everything goes out of the window tomorrow. The supporters can make a massive difference though. Give them hell, get on their backs, distract them, so whatever is needed. 3 pts is all we want and I don't give a fuck how we get it.

Nerves kicking in but this is what we live for, as supporters of teams.

BRING ON YOUR MANCHESTER UNITED

Offline Weller33

• Kemlynite
  • LFC4Ever
    • lfc 4 Ever
« Reply #1881 on: October 14, 2011, 11:20:34 pm »
Form, fitness,  everything goes out of the window tomorrow. The supporters can make a massive difference though. Give them hell, get on their backs, distract them, so whatever is needed. 3 pts is all we want and I don't give a fuck how we get it.

Nerves kicking in but this is what we live for, as supporters of teams.

BRING ON YOUR MANCHESTER UNITED
That's what I'm saying. Spank the Manc. period.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1882 on: October 14, 2011, 11:21:08 pm »
I really hope we do aswell, but we won't.

It's funny, you see this every single time we play. Outrageous predictions coming on the back of nothing at all. It wouldn't even matter if we were absolutely flying right now, you don't go in to a game against the unbeaten champions, who are playing very well unfortunately, and predict a 3-0 scoreline to us, unless your tongue is firmly wedged in your cheek.

2-0? Possibly. 2-1? More likely. 3-0? Not a sniff.

But please, PLEASE, feel free to come back in here tomorrow night and call me all the names under the sun, and inform me that my mother blows goats, if we do indeed win 3-0. I shall not compain.
I'm not predicting we win 3-0. I just don't think 3-0 is a result that makes anyone think 'omg can't believe we would win this much'. I don't see it as fundamentally different to 2-0 is all I'm saying.
As for the result tomorrow, I have no idea. I'm a little confident, but our performance this season has so many ups and downs I'm not sure of anything.

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #1883 on: October 14, 2011, 11:22:28 pm »
Er.. 2009 when we chased them lamely to the line, 4 points behind with not a chance of catching them... I remember Man Utd fans wandering around like Zombies from the Living dead when we spanked them 4-1 at Old Trafford. Tomorrow could go either way. That is the beauty of the beast that is LFC v Man U.. they throw form into the abyss and people like Gary Neville can start believing they are good looking.

I know mate, Im not saying that we cant beat them when they are at home, just that they are the best team in the league when they play at Old Trafford. Form often go's out the window in matches like these like you said
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1884 on: October 14, 2011, 11:22:30 pm »
We'll win tomorrow.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1885 on: October 14, 2011, 11:23:10 pm »
Cant sleep Im that fucking excited and nervous!!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1886 on: October 14, 2011, 11:25:10 pm »
I think I'm a bit worried, but not moreso than for any other games.  We've put in good performances against the top teams in recent years, so while a win (or even a draw) is far from guaranteed, I'm not sure we have to freak out anymore than if we were, say, away to Stoke.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1887 on: October 14, 2011, 11:25:19 pm »
Reina, Enrique, Skrtel, Carragher, Kelly; Downing Lucas Adam Gerrard Kuyt; Suarez.

Offline Weller33

• Kemlynite
  • LFC4Ever
    • lfc 4 Ever
« Reply #1888 on: October 14, 2011, 11:26:21 pm »
1-0 down at half time and we win 2-1

please don't bet on that as I haven't placed mine yet, but i reckon you might get 11-2 based on our poor second half performances for a correct score. There will only be one goal in it either way unless Rooney looses his cool.

Offline james_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1889 on: October 14, 2011, 11:29:01 pm »
it worries me when everyone is expecting us to win these big games  :-\

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1890 on: October 14, 2011, 11:29:15 pm »
If Suarez and Lucas, arguably our 2 most influential players this season, show no ill-effects from their travels then I will be quietly confident that we can get the desired result.
 Utd are extremely dangerous up front as we all know but the days when their midfield would frighten you to death with the likes of Keane, Scholes, Beckham, Giggs etc are long gone. Fletcher and Anderson don't come close and if we can cut off the supply to Young and Nanny then the job will be half done. Also hope Vidic plays so Suarez can fucking terrorise him and we'll be treated to the annual sight of seeing the big gobshite going for his early bath. De Gay will be an accident waiting to happen as well.
 Really hope Gerrard starts and then give Bellamy 20 minutes at them later on. FUCKING COME ON!!

Offline crichton

• Main Stander
  • Earn The Right
« Reply #1891 on: October 14, 2011, 11:29:30 pm »
Just attack them lot. They're scared of Liverpool. 5:3 to us.

hahahahahahahaha

even Ossie Ardilles would draw the line here.    Do you expect us to score 5 or concede 5?   you didnt specify.
15 years on RAWK and I’m grateful for every post. Wandering Red finally back home.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: October 14, 2011, 11:30:00 pm »
I am nervous before any game, but we certainly have no reason for being scared of them. I have no prediction other than Stevie scores.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1893 on: October 14, 2011, 11:31:17 pm »
yepp every season it worries me

Offline crichton

• Main Stander
  • Earn The Right
« Reply #1894 on: October 14, 2011, 11:32:08 pm »
It's attacking 3-5-2 formation, with Pepe as sweeper.

then i saw this
WOW   352 indeed    looks like a synchronised swimming team.   fucks sake.
15 years on RAWK and I’m grateful for every post. Wandering Red finally back home.

Offline Weller33

• Kemlynite
  • LFC4Ever
    • lfc 4 Ever
« Reply #1895 on: October 14, 2011, 11:32:32 pm »
Vidic is back ... do you reckon we could tempt Torres back on temporary loan? He could double his Goal tally for Chelsea in one game for us v the scum. Oh Torres you dumb ass. Elni No No ....he's missed again.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1896 on: October 14, 2011, 11:33:23 pm »

It would worry more if everyone expected us to lose these big games.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1897 on: October 14, 2011, 11:35:00 pm »
What happens if we get beat? I know I'll just brush it off and look forward to twatting Noriwhc. These early satdee defeats fuck your weekend up though
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #1898 on: October 14, 2011, 11:35:37 pm »
Vidic is back ... do you reckon we could tempt Torres back on temporary loan? He could double his Goal tally for Chelsea in one game for us v the scum. Oh Torres you dumb ass. Elni No No ....he's missed again.

Please don't say "the scum" it's highly annoying.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1899 on: October 14, 2011, 11:36:38 pm »
What happens if we get beat? I know I'll just brush it off and look forward to twatting Noriwhc. These early satdee defeats fuck your weekend up though
It'll be very tough to take.  Maybe not as bad as losing at Stoke or Tottenham, but this is one of the best chances we have to close the gap with the teams ahead of us (especially when Tottenham and Newcastle playing each other on Sunday), so it would crush me if we lost.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1900 on: October 14, 2011, 11:37:33 pm »
Seems the club have forgot about a couple of people coming over for the match and have given away all the complimentary tickets.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Weller33

• Kemlynite
  • LFC4Ever
    • lfc 4 Ever
« Reply #1901 on: October 14, 2011, 11:39:44 pm »
It would worry more if everyone expected us to lose these big games.

We will beat them. I don't expect it. I just think we need to do it. and you know what? it will be about the support, not the team, not the form. So if we don't win tomorrow it will be the fault of those not singing in the Kop or the main stand or at the anfield road end. We ought to be invincible when the fans are on form. that is the long and short of it. We seem to forget our own power and influence in this?! Cummon..!!!!

Offline Tweekage

• Legacy Fan
  • Please dispose of all waste properly
« Reply #1902 on: October 14, 2011, 11:42:40 pm »
we'll cum on their faces im sure of it

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1903 on: October 14, 2011, 11:43:40 pm »
We will beat them. I don't expect it. I just think we need to do it. and you know what? it will be about the support, not the team, not the form. So if we don't win tomorrow it will be the fault of those not singing in the Kop or the main stand or at the anfield road end. We ought to be invincible when the fans are on form. that is the long and short of it. We seem to forget our own power and influence in this?! Cummon..!!!!

Yeah, that's what it'll be, the support. If we end up losing 2-0 or 3-0 tomorrow it'll be because of the support not singing. Definitely.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Weller33

• Kemlynite
  • LFC4Ever
    • lfc 4 Ever
« Reply #1904 on: October 14, 2011, 11:44:02 pm »
Please don't say "the scum" it's highly annoying.

Please don't moderate my language just because you find it highly annoying.. I find it extremely annoying that your opinion is more important to you than the contest at hand? let's just argue amongst ourselves shall we?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1905 on: October 14, 2011, 11:46:15 pm »
Please don't moderate my language just because you find it highly annoying.. I find it extremely annoying that your opinion is more important to you than the contest at hand? let's just argue amongst ourselves shall we?

The term you used is reserved (on here) for a rag (newspaper) not a football team though.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: October 14, 2011, 11:47:19 pm »

He was only warning you before the mods do....

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1907 on: October 14, 2011, 11:47:25 pm »
Cummon..!!!!
we'll cum on their faces im sure of it
that time of the night is it

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1908 on: October 14, 2011, 11:54:16 pm »
Waking up for this at 6 on my day off, no internet in the house so going to Mc Donalds (close and have wifi..and open). Been anxious for this all week! Hope to be celebrating in their lobby with the elderly who have no idea why I'm jumping!
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: October 14, 2011, 11:54:18 pm »

Given the curent points difference tomorrow is fairly important.  While no-one is expecting to win the title, the difference in mid Oct to being 9 points off the champions or 3 points can't be underestimated.

I reckon UTD would take a draw now.  But a victory for Liverpool would be worth more than the win itself in terms of the rest of the season and where it'll position us in the league at this point.

Offline Weller33

• Kemlynite
  • LFC4Ever
    • lfc 4 Ever
« Reply #1910 on: October 14, 2011, 11:54:31 pm »
The term you used is reserved (on here) for a rag (newspaper) not a football team though.
tt

In that case I will gladly withdraw my comment in that context.. Let's not be too assumptive though as some people are new here.. ..education before chastisement? = tolerance. can we please be informative rather than confrontational?  this might be he way to go. Man Utd are therefore something one might scrape off one's heel rather than aligned to a poor excuse of newsapaper which should never see the light of day for as long as any of us shall live.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #1911 on: October 14, 2011, 11:59:25 pm »
Are you drunk?
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1912 on: October 15, 2011, 12:00:07 am »
What is it about this fixture that I hate year-on-year since I was 6.  I hate it, them and dread it far, far more than a derby game.
Whats is it about their team which is so insignificant to some of the past teams they've built but they still stand top of the PL.
Why if you study any potential 11 you can see weakness's and wonder why other teams haven't just got at them.

They use every inch of the grass available, they play in to spaces I've screamed about us running in to. They use pace and they use their name.
And that's where we should stamp our authority. We need to match them in MF, press them hard and score early. We need to be 1-0 up at half time so when we both score in the second half we have a cushion.
They are going to fly at us in the second half whether we like it or not so we need to press early and get ahead early.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #1913 on: October 15, 2011, 12:02:36 am »
tt

In that case I will gladly withdraw my comment in that context.. Let's not be too assumptive though as some people are new here.. ..education before chastisement? = tolerance. can we please be informative rather than confrontational?  this might be he way to go. Man Utd are therefore something one might scrape off one's heel rather than aligned to a poor excuse of newsapaper which should never see the light of day for as long as any of us shall live.

Stop digging the hole deeper.

Im nervous about this. Lets go and do this.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline TH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1914 on: October 15, 2011, 12:05:13 am »
hahahahahahahaha

even Ossie Ardilles would draw the line here.    Do you expect us to score 5 or concede 5?   you didnt specify.

:D Johan Cruyff would be ecstatic about it tho.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1915 on: October 15, 2011, 12:05:14 am »
Given the curent points difference tomorrow is fairly important.  While no-one is expecting to win the title, the difference in mid Oct to being 9 points off the champions or 3 points can't be underestimated.

I reckon UTD would take a draw now.  But a victory for Liverpool would be worth more than the win itself in terms of the rest of the season and where it'll position us in the league at this point.

Know what you mean, there'll be sense of anti climax even if deep down we know we're not going to last the pace. Think we need to keep plugging away though, we're still a new team and although it feels like ages already there's still a ridiculously long way to go. Look at our form at the back end of last season which put us into contention for 4th, all it needs is a good run of form
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1916 on: October 15, 2011, 12:07:53 am »
For those of you who'd care to know - That's John C on the back row of the bus, standing up, flat cap, false muzzy and he's going to watch Liverpool Football Club partake in a game of Association Football against another team from Lancashire, called Newton Heath.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1917 on: October 15, 2011, 12:08:23 am »
Come on Liverpool!!!

YNWA
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1918 on: October 15, 2011, 12:10:20 am »
Now I really hope we do.  ;)

Seriously though 3-0 is hardly an outrageous scoreline. We lost 4-0 at spurs.

yeah exactly. we lost 4-0 at spurs  ;D

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:17:50 am by drpepe »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1919 on: October 15, 2011, 12:11:14 am »
Know what you mean, there'll be sense of anti climax even if deep down we know we're not going to last the pace. Think we need to keep plugging away though, we're still a new team and although it feels like ages already there's still a ridiculously long way to go. Look at our form at the back end of last season which put us into contention for 4th, all it needs is a good run of form

See no reason why we can't beat the mancs to be honest.  Only one game this season to date have we been dire, and that was the mess that was Spurs away.  In reality we should be sitting on at least 3points better re Sunderland and Stoke (deserving of 2 more v Sunderland and a point v Stoke) than where we are.

Not a million miles off.  But 9 points is a chasm to pull back against a team like the mancs, whereas 3 is obviously one win.