Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586803 times)

Online JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3320 on: October 28, 2018, 12:24:57 am »
I would think this will be his final season with us, he has been a good signing but injuries have prevented him from realising his full potential with us. Thought he looked absolutely knackered by half time and I’ll be surprised if he makes many more starts for us as Keita comes back and Shaq begins to move up the pecking order.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3321 on: October 28, 2018, 12:42:24 am »
I’ve been saying it for a while - our midfield has been in rebuilding mode for a couple of seasons now. Keita, fab, ox.

Still very strong Henderson and Gini

Lallana and Milner - fading (don’t shoot me on Milner).

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3322 on: October 28, 2018, 12:44:33 am »
I’ve been saying it for a while - our midfield has been in rebuilding mode for a couple of seasons now. Keita, fab, ox.

Still very strong Henderson and Gini

Lallana and Milner - fading (don’t shoot me on Milner).

Milner imo will be here next season where as Lallana may not. Will depend on how Lallana does through out the year.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3323 on: October 28, 2018, 12:52:07 am »
Lallana works extremely hard but he is obviously a level below his teammates now.
Believer

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #3324 on: October 28, 2018, 08:36:55 am »
first league start in 18 months, give him a bit of time to get up to speed
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #3325 on: October 28, 2018, 09:10:50 am »

this

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #3326 on: October 28, 2018, 09:13:55 am »

Exactly. I also think he’ll be crucial if / when we start employing the high press later in the season After conserving energy in these early games.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3327 on: October 28, 2018, 09:22:28 am »
So made up for him after such a tough time, he's finally had chance to put it all behind him and finally get rid of that fucking atrocious haircut. He played ok as well.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3328 on: October 28, 2018, 12:15:36 pm »
Thought he played well yesterday considering it was his 1st PL start for ages.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #3329 on: October 28, 2018, 12:33:25 pm »
Milner imo will be here next season where as Lallana may not. Will depend on how Lallana does through out the year.

If Leeds get promoted I doubt Milner stays, especially if we win something. Lallana I think physically will struggle to keep himself about, it was nice to see him back but again he's always been a player who was hooked at around 70 minutes when he was at his physical peak.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3330 on: October 28, 2018, 12:40:26 pm »
Great to have him back,we missed him at the back end of last season,our midfield 3 was running on fumes by the time the PL season finished.

I don't understand the flak he's getting as he always takes a few games to get back to his best.

Quality player and one of our best pressers,hopefully he plays a big part this season on and off the bench as we'll need his unique qualities.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3331 on: October 28, 2018, 12:59:01 pm »

Well, if he's excused from doing anything much because it's his first start in ages - then yeah, he did well enough.
It's important he gets minutes, but I'm not sure he'll get them often enough to play him into form at a slow pace.
Shaqiri kept contributing with every performance, Adam will have to do the same if he's to contribute this season.

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3332 on: October 28, 2018, 01:07:31 pm »
If Leeds get promoted I doubt Milner stays, especially if we win something. Lallana I think physically will struggle to keep himself about, it was nice to see him back but again he's always been a player who was hooked at around 70 minutes when he was at his physical peak.
one of our fittest players in the season before last. When he was hooked it was often to preserve him as (like Firmino) doesn't tend to have an off switch. 31/12/16 ran 12.88km, 2 days later on the 2/1/17 ran 13.22km which was insane and also the top 2 distances covered by anyone in the premier league that holiday period).

I think he is still one of our most talented midfielders and assuming he can continue his road back to full fitness he'll be the same player as he was prior to his injuries and if he's not starting he's the calibre of player we need coming off the bench if we want to win things Similar to Sturridge we will just have to manage him, but thats what a deeper squad is for ;D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3333 on: October 28, 2018, 04:51:46 pm »

What's with  this collective amnesia in here and the match thread. It was his 1st PL start for six days!

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #3334 on: October 28, 2018, 04:58:07 pm »
What's with  this collective amnesia in here and the match thread. It was his 1st PL start for six days!
Time is relative. :)
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Online buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3335 on: October 28, 2018, 05:00:51 pm »
I thought he was good in the 1st half, I think he is so much better when he plays as an 8 and just an 8, where as yesterday he seemed to switch a lot and I think he is really ineffectual outwide. Clear he has the brains but he doesn't have the body anymore.

Problem was he was shattered after 45 minutes, he always takes 4-5 games to get up to speed. There's clearly some special talent in there and tbf a lot of the team yesterday were guilty of trying to be too fancy at times and over complicating passes. Our whole squad is going to be crucial if we want to compete  for the league, CL and have a good FA Cup run.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3336 on: October 28, 2018, 05:08:42 pm »
He was one of the first players to buy into Klopp's playing style so I think there is still some football left in him to play for us. He needs to stay injury free or there will never be an opportunity to get match fit.

He has missed on and off 7-8 months of football so naturally he will take more time to get up to speed as could be seen in his slow decision making. I guess that is what makes people think he slows down play.

Obviously wasn't using his passing range yesterday to good effect but I will like to see what he's got in the next few games especially with defensive teams where he could do damage in tight spaces.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3337 on: October 28, 2018, 05:09:34 pm »
Of course he would get better with more games, but I don't think he'll get those games for us again. Competition is just too hard now imo. Which is a good thing.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3338 on: October 28, 2018, 05:17:41 pm »
Of course he would get better with more games, but I don't think he'll get those games for us again. Competition is just too hard now imo. Which is a good thing.

Obviously us being out of the League Cup doesn't help second string players to get match fitness. But there is still the FA Cup or in the dying minutes of the CL where we will need fresh legs to keep ball and run down the clock. He doesn't lose ball cheaply and more than able to deputise for Milner and Shaq.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3339 on: October 28, 2018, 05:27:34 pm »
He's never been the most blessed, physically, but it feels like he's lost even more physicality with these injuries.  His final touch after a run, be it a pass or a shot often seems weak, like he's on the stretch, because his body just cannot keep up with what he wants to do anymore.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3340 on: October 28, 2018, 05:34:32 pm »

Lol was thinking this, and he started vs Burnley in January!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3341 on: October 29, 2018, 10:08:33 am »

How many does he play before he gets injured again. Not only the injuries now he's slows us down, also seems to lose the ball now far too often, he's too weak on the ball. Unfortunately Leicester got his ideal replacement before us. Maybe harsh but he's living of that 6 months he had where he was to be fair to him one of best players in league. But again it was 6 months out of all the time he's been here.

He needs to bin England off imo. That will help him. Just don't think he's up there with our other players now, we've gone up a level.

And saying he isn't quite good enough for us anymore isn't an insult we're top 5 in Europe at the minute.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:18:28 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3342 on: October 29, 2018, 10:49:56 am »
I thought he was good in the 1st half, I think he is so much better when he plays as an 8 and just an 8, where as yesterday he seemed to switch a lot and I think he is really ineffectual outwide. Clear he has the brains but he doesn't have the body anymore.

Problem was he was shattered after 45 minutes, he always takes 4-5 games to get up to speed. There's clearly some special talent in there and tbf a lot of the team yesterday were guilty of trying to be too fancy at times and over complicating passes. Our whole squad is going to be crucial if we want to compete  for the league, CL and have a good FA Cup run.

I agree perfectly mate. I was livid when Rodgers signed him to play him as a no 10, it was like he never watched him play. Lallana on the wings is wasted and completely ineffective. His best position is as a no 8 and while I have my doubts if he can get back to his level after almost 2 years out, I'm hoping he will as he was one of my favourite players. It's like that position is cursed. First Lallana got injured, then Ox and now Keita seems to be struggling with injuries as well.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3343 on: October 29, 2018, 10:50:40 am »
I agree perfectly mate. I was livid when Rodgers signed him to play him as a no 10, it was like he never watched him play. Lallana on the wings is wasted and completely ineffective. His best position is as a no 8 and while I have my doubts if he can get back to his level after almost 2 years out, I'm hoping he will as he was one of my favourite players. It's like that position is cursed. First Lallana got injured, then Ox and now Keita seems to be struggling with injuries as well.

Good job we didn't get Fekir then  :D.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3344 on: October 29, 2018, 10:52:47 am »
Good job we didn't get Fekir then  :D.
Haha yeah mate

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3345 on: October 29, 2018, 11:06:36 am »
How many does he play before he gets injured again. Shall we wait and see? Not only the injuries now he's slows us down, also seems to lose the ball now far too often, he's too weak on the ball. I can't think of any moments he lost the ball on Saturday? Unless you're counting an attempt here or there to create in the box? Unfortunately Leicester got his ideal replacement before us. Maybe harsh but he's living of that 6 months he had where he was to be fair to him one of best players in league. But again it was 6 months out of all the time he's been here. Also to be fair to him, it wasn't until 16/17 that he was surrounded by any sort of consistent quality upfront. His best performances for us have come in an advanced midfield role with pace and quality ahead of him, intelligent players alongside and just general intelligence in the side. This has either not been there, or been inconsistent, prior to Klopp's first full season. It's a hell of a difference playing with Coutinho, Firmino and Mane than to an injured Sturridge or Origi/Benteke with next to no other pace in the side.

He needs to bin England off imo. That will help him. agree Just don't think he's up there with our other players now, we've gone up a level. Maybe.

And saying he isn't quite good enough for us anymore isn't an insult we're top 5 in Europe at the minute.

Other than the bits in bold - just how about giving the lad more than around 120 minutes of football to work his way back? Best part of a season out means it will take more than a few games, weeks, maybe months to get sharpness, rhythm, full fitness back. Add to this, he's had very, very little match time with players that are now a big part of our team - Salah, Van Dijk, Trent, Robertson in particular.

Yes - I'm a fan of Lallana. That doesn't mean I'm blind to the big challenge he faces, but, the thing that gives me hope is the lad was never about pace. He was sharp, ran his nuts off (think he was our hardest worker in that 16/17 season) and had elite quality, on either foot, when he had good players ahead of him.

Saturday wasn't a great performance, it also wasn't anywhere near as bad as people have made out. First half in particular he was doing a fine job of moving laterally across the pitch, supporting fullbacks/inside forwards, creating overload situations and getting into the half spaces to give options to deeper lying players. He had a goal cleared off the line and was unlucky with a little cut back early in the first half from the right side of the pitch. Second half he noticeable tired, struggled to affect the game and was rightly substituted for the excellent Shaqiri.

Give him time? Why write him off? Look for the positives? Try and see a way back for the lad? IF he doesn't, he doesn't. We have the squad to cope.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 11:08:32 am by wige »

Online 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3346 on: October 29, 2018, 11:57:52 am »
Other than the bits in bold - just how about giving the lad more than around 120 minutes of football to work his way back? Best part of a season out means it will take more than a few games, weeks, maybe months to get sharpness, rhythm, full fitness back. Add to this, he's had very, very little match time with players that are now a big part of our team - Salah, Van Dijk, Trent, Robertson in particular.

Yes - I'm a fan of Lallana. That doesn't mean I'm blind to the big challenge he faces, but, the thing that gives me hope is the lad was never about pace. He was sharp, ran his nuts off (think he was our hardest worker in that 16/17 season) and had elite quality, on either foot, when he had good players ahead of him.

Saturday wasn't a great performance, it also wasn't anywhere near as bad as people have made out. First half in particular he was doing a fine job of moving laterally across the pitch, supporting fullbacks/inside forwards, creating overload situations and getting into the half spaces to give options to deeper lying players. He had a goal cleared off the line and was unlucky with a little cut back early in the first half from the right side of the pitch. Second half he noticeable tired, struggled to affect the game and was rightly substituted for the excellent Shaqiri.

Give him time? Why write him off? Look for the positives? Try and see a way back for the lad? IF he doesn't, he doesn't. We have the squad to cope.

Elite quality on either foot? Granted, I still don’t know his favourite foot, though his passing and shooting is average on the whole.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3347 on: October 29, 2018, 12:07:18 pm »
Elite quality on either foot? Granted, I still don’t know his favourite foot, though his passing and shooting is average on the whole.

Yeah, I'd say so. Don't think I've ever seen someone so equally talented on either side. Shooting isn't his strongest trait, no doubt, but that's not stopped him scoring equally good goals on either one.

I think his passing is fine.

A more accurate description would be elite quality on either side to take a ball under control, beat a man, and retain possession in very tight areas.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3348 on: October 29, 2018, 12:44:19 pm »
He’s a one off is Lallana. He’s not a ‘type’ and therefore impossible to classify. Klopp loves him, as he’s made explicit on two or three occasions. In May he called him a “genius”,  which is pretty high praise by any stretch. I think it’s because our manager, like any genuine footy enthusiast, responds warmly to originality, and Lallana has loads of that.

He’s now coming back off an horrendous season and a half of persistent injury. Perhaps he won’t recover his former powers. We don’t know. But to pronounce the verdict after two matches is insane. It also smacks of incredible complacency because it suggests Liverpool are amply covered and that Lallana is superfluous. Laugh out loud to that one. The same people will probably be moaning and writhing after we fail to despatch Watford or someone because of a perceived lack of ingenuity in the last third.

Lallana is, after Firmino, our most technically gifted player. The ball is always at home when Lallana has it. Left foot, right foot, it doesn’t matter. His appreciation of the space around him is second to none (ok, maybe second to Firmino again), and his ability to ‘Cruyff turn’ using BOTH feet is a very potent weapon in tight spaces. He is also Klopp’s favourite presser, his “point man” as he once called him. A fully primed Lallana invariably triggers the press because he’s fitter than most of his colleagues and reads the game extremely well. If he maintains and increases his fitness then Klopp will use him. You better get used to it!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3349 on: October 29, 2018, 01:04:17 pm »
Lallana is, after Firmino, our most technically gifted player.

Just curious (not saying you're wrong), but wouldn't you say Sturridge is probably our most technically gifted player? Maybe I don't have the right definition of technique, but sometimes I think Sturridge is possibly the most technically gifted player in the league by virtue of his ability to manipulate a ball (arguably) better than everyone else. Once in a while he just pulls of things that a) no one else would even consider and b) barely anyone else could execute.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3350 on: October 29, 2018, 01:05:09 pm »

He's a proper footballer. The space around him is his. He can turn on ball, change direction on a whim. Trap the ball, good first touch and pass and move.  Players like Lallana should be the basics of a professional elite footballer. Can't give him bigger praise than that. He'll end up doing well in charity matches in later life, because those skills are natural. However, he needs his legs to keep up with his head. Next few months will be telling.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3351 on: October 29, 2018, 01:17:41 pm »
Just curious (not saying you're wrong), but wouldn't you say Sturridge is probably our most technically gifted player? Maybe I don't have the right definition of technique, but sometimes I think Sturridge is possibly the most technically gifted player in the league by virtue of his ability to manipulate a ball (arguably) better than everyone else. Once in a while he just pulls of things that a) no one else would even consider and b) barely anyone else could execute.

You make a good case for Sturridge. I think he’s pretty phenomenal too. But his one-footedness is a handicap. That sitter he missed v Chelsea in the League Cup (I think) was because his right foot wouldn’t respond to his brain.

It’s a common problem for most footballers. Not for Lallana though.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3352 on: October 29, 2018, 01:19:06 pm »

I was going to reply to Yorky's good post with something similar, although I was thinking of suggesting it's possibly now Shaqiri in our squad.

Obviously this is entirely subjective though, and we all operate to different definitions of technique. The important thing is we have a squad featuring a number of technically gifted players.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3353 on: October 29, 2018, 07:38:31 pm »

You are going by the past couple of seasons by the sound of it. Lallana has decent passing and shooting, better than average, as he has shown with us in his initial season (the first under Klopp). At the moment, yes, he looks poor, but he's been out for too long to come back at peak sharpness. It is easy to tell when Lallana's on form because he is the best we have at playing in tight spaces. You can't touch him when he's there with the ball at his feet. The problem is, I dont know if he can get back to that. He isn't exactly young and the number of options we have will make it difficult for him to play too often. He'll get minutes, but he'll have to pick up the pace quickly. Another player whose contract situation makes me wonder if they'll be here for too long. I hope he gets back to his best, because he is class when he is on song.

Online bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3354 on: October 30, 2018, 11:20:15 am »
He’s a one off is Lallana. He’s not a ‘type’ and therefore impossible to classify. Klopp loves him, as he’s made explicit on two or three occasions. In May he called him a “genius”,  which is pretty high praise by any stretch. I think it’s because our manager, like any genuine footy enthusiast, responds warmly to originality, and Lallana has loads of that.

He’s now coming back off an horrendous season and a half of persistent injury. Perhaps he won’t recover his former powers. We don’t know. But to pronounce the verdict after two matches is insane. It also smacks of incredible complacency because it suggests Liverpool are amply covered and that Lallana is superfluous. Laugh out loud to that one. The same people will probably be moaning and writhing after we fail to despatch Watford or someone because of a perceived lack of ingenuity in the last third.

Lallana is, after Firmino, our most technically gifted player. The ball is always at home when Lallana has it. Left foot, right foot, it doesn’t matter. His appreciation of the space around him is second to none (ok, maybe second to Firmino again), and his ability to ‘Cruyff turn’ using BOTH feet is a very potent weapon in tight spaces. He is also Klopp’s favourite presser, his “point man” as he once called him. A fully primed Lallana invariably triggers the press because he’s fitter than most of his colleagues and reads the game extremely well. If he maintains and increases his fitness then Klopp will use him. You better get used to it!

This more than anything was what i was disappointed in him in the last match where he failed to be aware of the space around him, spot a good run and held on to it too long for example. In fact in contrast i think Shaqiris appreciation for space and movement around him is exceptional, often seeing a run and releasing a pass quickly to utilize the space and movement around him. This is where Lallana should be excelling in, seeing the space early and playing the pass early but more often than not he misses it, does a Cryuff turn and the opportunity is gone. Frustrating as he is a favorite of mine. Maybe he just needs to build his sharpness of body and of mind back?
Football is a lie

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3355 on: October 30, 2018, 11:34:36 am »
One of the drawbacks to the 4-2--3-1 formation is that Lallana is posted out wide, a position he's never really excelled in. His best position has been as a #8.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3356 on: October 30, 2018, 03:47:53 pm »
One of the drawbacks to the 4-2--3-1 formation is that Lallana is posted out wide, a position he's never really excelled in. His best position has been as a #8.
Agreed. A bit like Gini when he plays out there - good, but it really doesn't showcase what he can do once moved inside

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #3357 on: October 30, 2018, 03:52:17 pm »
This more than anything was what i was disappointed in him in the last match where he failed to be aware of the space around him, spot a good run and held on to it too long for example. In fact in contrast i think Shaqiris appreciation for space and movement around him is exceptional, often seeing a run and releasing a pass quickly to utilize the space and movement around him. This is where Lallana should be excelling in, seeing the space early and playing the pass early but more often than not he misses it, does a Cryuff turn and the opportunity is gone. Frustrating as he is a favorite of mine. Maybe he just needs to build his sharpness of body and of mind back?

I'd put it down largely to match fitness and sharpness as well. I mean, De Bruyne came on late against Spurs last night and looked distinctly un-De Bryne like.

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3358 on: October 30, 2018, 04:55:51 pm »
Fitness for sure but he's been out for a while and his age will play a factor. Not sure what his contract situation is like but I would imagine if it's up in 2020, then we'd look to move him on and get some cash rather let it run down. He could also look for one last big payday (see West Ham).

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3359 on: November 6, 2018, 08:08:23 pm »
He's one of my favorite players and I feel so bad for him that these injuries look to have absolutely shattered him and it's painful watching him play now. He'll be 31 next year and sadly it looks as though we're going to have to phase him out. If we are to achieve something this season, we can't afford to have passengers in the side and/or hope to play them into form. It's a cruel world and I've no doubt he'd be starting week in week out for us if he never got injured, but such is life.